Attachments:

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

SoS Vs JQ Vs BG 18/01-25/01

in WvW

Posted by: electricblues.1059

electricblues.1059

I hope you guys at JQ are proud of your victory, too bad you have to exploit potions that cause culling to get it. At 4:30 pm est at SoS garrison the zerg was about half made of up players using the ascalonian mage ghost potion. And no one could figure out how their zerg could disappear in such a small area, well that’s how. I didn’t even see them until I was dead.

Again, congratulations on exploiting culling to win, that’s really impressive.

Dude, seriously? You say this as if there’s a way to master culling and use it to an advantage. The only way I know of getting enemies to show up is if you sit there a while or go right into the group. What your asking is for the whole group, (most likely not knowing you guys couldn’t see them) to stop moving so you can see them… Potions are in the game and as far as i’m aware they aren’t bugged, so how can you exploit them? Also, I’ve been part of a small group defending that’s been smashed by an invisible zerg because of culling. All I said was “well dang, at least Anet is working on that…” and respawned. So please, enjoy the game and have a nice day -Gorger

If you can keep your zerg of 30 or so people invisible until they are right ontop of you, and constantly move them 1500+ range while invisible, then yes that is a significant advantage. And if the same said zerg has many members using the ghost tonic as a way to increase the particle effects and delay when they are rendered, then yes that is mastering culling. You’re getting many extra seconds of invisibility that veil alone would not give, and it is because of the ghost tonics. You guys are taking advantage in a flaw in the games design in order to squeak out a win.

No one is saying anything about groups, just groups using alot of tonics to abuse culling. Many of us at SoS are very impressed with the group tactics of RG. What I at least am not as impressed with is the many extra zerglings using this tonic to give you guys an advantage that was not intended by the games designers.

I ran into the same zerg later and they had many less ascalonian ghosts, though there were still 4 of the at the front line. Good to see atleast someone knows that it’s wrong and probably asked someone else to stop using it.

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

ROFL, I see 30 agg guys running around with ghost tonic and suddenly its JQ thats abusing the potion?

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I hope you guys at JQ are proud of your victory, too bad you have to exploit potions that cause culling to get it. At 4:30 pm est at SoS garrison the zerg was about half made of up players using the ascalonian mage ghost potion. And no one could figure out how their zerg could disappear in such a small area, well that’s how. I didn’t even see them until I was dead.

Dude, seriously? You say this as if there’s a way to master culling and use it to an advantage. The only way I know of getting enemies to show up is if you sit there a while or go right into the group. What your asking is for the whole group, (most likely not knowing you guys couldn’t see them) to stop moving so you can see them… Potions are in the game and as far as i’m aware they aren’t bugged, so how can you exploit them? Also, I’ve been part of a small group defending that’s been smashed by an invisible zerg because of culling. All I said was “well dang, at least Anet is working on that…” and respawned. So please, enjoy the game and have a nice day -Gorger

What’s being talked about here isn’t culling per say but close enough to be lumped into the same category. Most thieves have it mastered and can stay stealthed near permanently. The same issue is being abused here. Portal bombs, mass invisibility/stealth, and any other skill that causes the sudden loading of textures will be slightly delayed. This is why a normal 3s stealth can last 5-10s. The more people you have doing it can impact the loading times. So just like culling the more people you have around(friend or foe) the worse the culling gets. By abusing that as a group with invisibility and the potions is what most would consider a dirty tactic, just like thieves abusing stealth.

Now for whoever saw it or had it happen to them. Report them and let ArenaNet figure out if it’s an exploit or not. I haven’t seen what this ghost tonic does but the fact that ArenaNet already removed the stealth spy kits and other such exploitable things, leads me to believe that an entire group/zerg using these things to gain an advantage might be an issue they should deal with.

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

Btw, how does the potion affect culling? I’ve seen a whole zerg on SOS BL all using the ghost tonic and I saw them fine from far away.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Sucks to have JQ not far behind. I want to farm FotM but I have an obligation to keep the WvW in check!

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

if you do ever drop to T2 its because you’re not playing to your strengths. By having less numbers than the other two servers in tier but large enough to make an impact you could of focused on one server and slipped into second place.

It happened in the weekend but then you stopped focusing on JQ and therefore slipped to 3rd.

You don’t have to have the greater numbers to make an impact you can simply align yourself with another force. Its WvWvW afterall.

But its a little too late for that now.

BG is playing for rating right now, and is doing pretty good with what it has. I won’t presume to guess how familiar you are with Glicko. Suffice it to say BG pushing back and forth to keep the score between servers closer, is better for BG than trying to focus JQ all week and let SoS have another run away lead.

I’m not familiar with the Glicko system at all. All I know is on sunday night you were in 2nd place when you focused JQ throughout the weekend. You stopped doing it and now your 3rd.

But if you have a master plan then I will stop commenting on it now. see you in-game.

in WvW

Posted by: Heru.5427

Heru.5427

Btw, how does the potion affect culling? I’ve seen a whole zerg on SOS BL all using the ghost tonic and I saw them fine from far away.

It probably doesn’t but apparently saying that RG is abusing veil isn’t enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

What’s being talked about here isn’t culling per say but close enough to be lumped into the same category. Most thieves have it mastered and can stay stealthed near permanently. The same issue is being abused here. Portal bombs, mass invisibility/stealth, and any other skill that causes the sudden loading of textures will be slightly delayed. This is why a normal 3s stealth can last 5-10s. The more people you have doing it can impact the loading times. So just like culling the more people you have around(friend or foe) the worse the culling gets. By abusing that as a group with invisibility and the potions is what most would consider a dirty tactic, just like thieves abusing stealth.

Now for whoever saw it or had it happen to them. Report them and let ArenaNet figure out if it’s an exploit or not. I haven’t seen what this ghost tonic does but the fact that ArenaNet already removed the stealth spy kits and other such exploitable things, leads me to believe that an entire group/zerg using these things to gain an advantage might be an issue they should deal with.

if anything, a heap of the enemy using the same potion will REDUCE your culling due to model issues as they SHARE the same model, thus only requiring that model be sent to you ONCE – as opposed to each players normal model being sent to you. Thus, instead of 10 models, you would get 1…

stop whining about exploiting that exist only in your mind as a convenient excuse.

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

I think the reason these threads get so heated is because there are a lot of people in these servers that are more passionate about the WvW experience than even they’ll admit.

QFT. If we weren’t passionate, we wouldn’t be in the tier one.

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

The chain of grief is answered in the Anet “January WvW culling & loading changes”, thread.

Large fights, everyone is boned equally due to the server side culling. Right now it seems with how things are optimized on their end there is a hidden magic cap number on how many players the server will let the clients know to update for rendering.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

Only thing I hate about this week is the coming of a certain guild that heavy abuses culling erhm… Basically my computer runs well enough but the other 9/10 players who do not suffer so badly they can’t do anything.

What am I talking about? Mesmer stealth. That ability lets you stealth an entire group of 40+ with just 1 mesmer due to how bugged it is at the moment and add stealth culling on top of it, I salute that guild that uses the broken mechanics of WvW to its fullest.

In case people don’t know yet, stealth culling adds another 3-5 seconds after you lost stealth before you can even see them load on you screen. RG you are great at keeping you’re guys together and moving like godzilla but you’re nothing but culling 24/7 made me lost all respect. But hey whatever it takes to win got it.

Can’t say for certain that is is RG doing it intentionally, as I didn’t see any RG guys with the ghost thing on. I did see 2 prx guys running in their zerg as ghosts though. “The Professionals” lol

You guys are on BG right?

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Only thing I hate about this week is the coming of a certain guild that heavy abuses culling erhm… Basically my computer runs well enough but the other 9/10 players who do not suffer so badly they can’t do anything.

What am I talking about? Mesmer stealth. That ability lets you stealth an entire group of 40+ with just 1 mesmer due to how bugged it is at the moment and add stealth culling on top of it, I salute that guild that uses the broken mechanics of WvW to its fullest.

In case people don’t know yet, stealth culling adds another 3-5 seconds after you lost stealth before you can even see them load on you screen. RG you are great at keeping you’re guys together and moving like godzilla but you’re nothing but culling 24/7 made me lost all respect. But hey whatever it takes to win got it.

Can’t say for certain that is is RG doing it intentionally, as I didn’t see any RG guys with the ghost thing on. I did see 2 prx guys running in their zerg as ghosts though. “The Professionals” lol

No they play on SoS, assuming I’m understanding your question correctly. A quick post history search told me that.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

The original post made it sound like a push from JQ into SoS garrison.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Ya ditto. I’ve seen large groups of people using it and wondered “Why are they doing that?”. I never seemed to notice them being like “more invisible” or anything.

However I also wasn’t there at 4:30 pm today so I can’t comment on that specific instance.

in WvW

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

You JQ guys have got Obsidian Sanctum locked up tight. I tried breaking through yesterday with a group to no avail… Congratulations.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Was on EB tonight, great fighting again. Fought off a few golem rushes from SoS and BG on SM. Great to see all three servers trying their hardest here. I am getting my wish it seems, finally a match up that is really going to go down to the wire.

I won’t comment on the potion thing except to say that RG only use it on a few of their team to help them play follow the leader as they crunch through a blob and reverse out. Culling is a general problem right now and you see it when any big group meets another. I don’t think the potion makes it any different really.

Now using veil certainly makes culling worse but all tight knit teams are using that at present. If Anet thinks its overpowered I am sure they will nerf it in the same way as they did to portals. Its hardly an exploit to use a mesmer skill the provides invisibility when you run through to provide invis to your team as they run thru.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: SlasherX.5198

SlasherX.5198

wow SOS got VOTF…

having the top 2 guilds get all the blessing of transfers.. BG always getting the end of the stick.. feeling bad for our server…
Welcome VOTF to NA server have fun… We will see you in battlefield..
BG will always fight an uphill battle with SOS and JQ it seems its going to be a mountain..

Have fun I’m going to see how will VOTF fare with NA server… I must say first impression with RG is pretty much like shock and awe..

in WvW

Posted by: Kezorian.5107

Kezorian.5107

welcome VotF to Sea of Sorrows! Finally some euro coverage

Interesting development if true. If so, welcome back to the NA bracket VotF, and grats on the pickup SoS.

It’s true.

Thank you for the welcome SOS.

Welcome VotF!!

Co-Leader of Onslaught [OnS]
Believegate – #freepot
http://www.onslaughtclan.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

wow SOS got VOTF…

having the top 2 guilds get all the blessing of transfers.. BG always getting the end of the stick.. feeling bad for our server…
Welcome VOTF to NA server have fun… We will see you in battlefield..
BG will always fight an uphill battle with SOS and JQ it seems its going to be a mountain..

Have fun I’m going to see how will VOTF fare with NA server… I must say first impression with RG is pretty much like shock and awe..

I saw the RG group run past me at full speed earlier, and I just… you know, got out of their way, lol. I know they’re on my side, but …. I still got out of the way. They scare me, in the best possible way. It’s like having a pile of ninjas you can summon and unleash.

BG definitely still holding their own in this onslaught, I must say!

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

I really want to see RG in action for myself, the way everyone speaks so highly of them has me intrigued, but then again… I’d really prefer not to, you know, opposing server and all.

Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

I here talk of all these big guilds joining SOS/JQ/BG. Never see any of them contribute anything major. Always the same guilds in these servers that make the big differences but never get repped like other guilds do. Fingers crossed VoTF is different. Welcome.

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Sadly BG havent get the “big” guild transfers just yet. We’re trying our best to explore the chance that remains to at least be able to stay competitive in tier1. It’s just we couldnt find any Aussies/Oceanic who want to move there home yet =-=‘’’. That’s big hole coverage compare to SoS/JQ, we need to fill. Im not blamming my australian guilds in BG but their numbers are too small to match the othersIf any australian guilds looking forward to move to BG to be our savior, let me know! Trust me, you’ll be a real hero to our server!

JQ strengthening actually beneficial us in long run so that they can aim on SoS while SoS cant leave the eye on them to maintain No1. In past few days it seems JQ’s zerg as well as SoS’s zerg had even much bigger numbers compare to BG in my timezone. Nevertheless we, as BG, will do what we can to stay in the fight and give you guys fun as usual

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I here talk of all these big guilds joining SOS/JQ/BG. Never see any of them contribute anything major. Always the same guilds in these servers that make the big differences but never get repped like other guilds do. Fingers crossed VoTF is different. Welcome.

ND is definitely contributing a lot to SOS.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Sadly BG havent get the “big” guild transfers just yet. We’re trying our best to explore the chance that remains to at least be able to stay competitive in tier1. It’s just we couldnt find any Aussies/Oceanic who want to move there home yet =-=‘’’. That’s big hole coverage compare to SoS/JQ, we need to fill. Im not blamming my australian guilds in BG but their numbers are too small to match the othersIf any australian guilds looking forward to move to BG to be our savior, let me know! Trust me, you’ll be a real hero to our server!

JQ strengthening actually beneficial us in long run so that they can aim on SoS while SoS cant leave the eye on them to maintain No1. In past few days it seems JQ’s zerg as well as SoS’s zerg had even much bigger numbers compare to BG in my timezone. Nevertheless we, as BG, will do what we can to stay in the fight and give you guys fun as usual

Legion of the Aguila isnt big enough for you ?

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Well we’re the timezone after Oceanic, and i can say that it still isnt enough compare to SoS/JQ. We barely able to hold our footground in BGBL/EBG during that timezone.

To be honest, the last few days it also seems that our SEA numbers arent able to match SoS/JQ too (aint like usual numbers they get) not only Oceanic. It seems the new transfer they get now start to kick in.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

(edited by Tajz.9826)

in WvW

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

JQ actually needs help during Oceanic. However SEA is a different story altogether.

[TKG] Flake

in WvW

Posted by: SlasherX.5198

SlasherX.5198

LOA is a SEA guild and they are not WVW oriented.. But we welcome them they have potential to be WVW in the future once the reward is enough for them to turn away from PVE content..

BG is still welcoming guilds especially Aussie, Japan time..

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Culling affects all stealth in wvw regardless of numbers, hopefully we see some improvements on the 28th

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

if you do ever drop to T2 its because you’re not playing to your strengths. By having less numbers than the other two servers in tier but large enough to make an impact you could of focused on one server and slipped into second place.

BG is doing ok in T1, especially considering the quality and size of guilds that have recently aligned with the competition. BG doesn’t play perfect but when you look at all the factors there is very little criticism anyone can seriously muster.

If you had posted a month ago BG would move to T1 and fight JQ with PRX, Redguard, SF, and others along with SOS with ND and the other new additions and asked for a score prediction the answers would have been almost comical.

Still, when BG drops to T2 it will be because SOR is fighting a dead and gone server (SBI) and picking up a lot of rating. Much like when BG fought HOD and ET, only not as extreme as TC is still a solid server.

If SOR picks up enough rating next week BG will move down just in time for some tougher competition to arrive. I personally think SOR is going to get squashed a lot harder than BG is, but that won’t stop them from hanging in the tier for a lot longer than they should if that is truly how it shakes out.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

sostronk.8167

ND is definitely contributing a lot to SOS.

I play 5-6 hours a work night and 18+ hours a weekend night. It may be because of my Oceanic timezone, but they are Korean apparently so I wouldn’t imagine their coverage time is much different and should overlap, but Im surprised that I haven’t seen a single one of them in game yet… apart from when we were having blackouts and they were asking us all to log off.

in WvW

Posted by: Kunagisa.7361

Kunagisa.7361

I play 5-6 hours a work night and 18+ hours a weekend night. It may be because of my Oceanic timezone, but they are Korean apparently so I wouldn’t imagine their coverage time is much different and should overlap, but Im surprised that I haven’t seen a single one of them in game yet… apart from when we were having blackouts and they were asking us all to log off.

What BL? I see them plenty in SoS BL and I play 10 hours a week max.

in WvW

Liquid.9672

If you had posted a month ago BG would move to T1 and fight JQ with PRX, Redguard, SF, and others along with SOS with ND and the other new additions and asked for a score prediction the answers would have been almost comical.

LOL yeah probably so.

Still, when BG drops to T2 it will be because SOR is fighting a dead and gone server (SBI) and picking up a lot of rating. Much like when BG fought HOD and ET, only not as extreme as TC is still a solid server.

If SOR picks up enough rating next week BG will move down just in time for some tougher competition to arrive. I personally think SOR is going to get squashed a lot harder than BG is, but that won’t stop them from hanging in the tier for a lot longer than they should if that is truly how it shakes out.

I think SoR may surprise a lot of people. They definitely play hard, and they finally picked up some off hour coverage to at least not get fully PvDoored all night long. Still, I guess we’ll have our answers when the inevitable comes to pass.

BG won’t have a declining server to blow out and get a big rating jump from, but we didn’t this time around either. Still, it took a struggling SBI server to open the T1 door after 2 months in T2. I guess it really boils down to the coverage of whoever the new T2 servers are going to be, and of course how SoR scores in T1. By the looks of things, it’s going to be Maguuma and Kaineng.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

sostronk.8167

What BL? I see them plenty in SoS BL and I play 10 hours a week max.

Might be it. I play 90+% EB. Only play on a BL when Im asked to do so by a commander or identify some issues or potential weakness in a borderland that needs addressing, or if the queue time for EB is too long.

in WvW

Liquid.9672

LOL yeah probably so. But to be fair, until tonight, we still haven’t seen JQ at full transfer strength. I’d imagine with the mass server pop caps dropping tonight, JQ finished off its transfers, and we’ll see the real new JQ over the next couple of days and next week. Still, it was great seeing that BG was able to hang with SoS and JQ for the most part.

I think SoR may surprise a lot of people. They definitely play hard, and they finally picked up some off hour coverage to at least not get fully PvDoored all night long. Still, I guess we’ll have our answers when the inevitable comes to pass.

BG won’t have a declining server to blow out and get a big rating jump from, but we didn’t this time around either. Still, it took a struggling SBI server to open the T1 door after 2 months in T2. I guess it really boils down to the coverage of whoever the new T2 servers are going to be, and of course how SoR scores in T1. By the looks of things, it’s going to be Maguuma and Kaineng.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Slushey.8236

Slushey.8236

LOL yeah probably so.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m fairly sure that SoR picked up several guilds from SBI as their server dropped out of tier 1 and started to die. If that’s the case, they’ve probably got the powerhouse guilds from SoR and SBI combined and that could make a huge blow into tier 1. I definitely agree that if/when they reach tier 1 they will surprise a lot of people.

Grand Duke Slushey of the Knîghtmare Court
Blackgate | Knîghtmare [KnM] | Knights of the Temple [KnT] | Attuned [Att]

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

TYSM should get a medal for the amount of raid stealth bomb culling abuse they do. I feel ashamed they’re on my server.

meh…I don’t see an issue with it….it happens, eventually it will be dealt with…until then we cant do Jack about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Mona.4576

Mona.4576

TYSM should get a medal for the amount of raid stealth bomb culling abuse they do. I feel ashamed they’re on my server.

I’m ashamed for the human race seeing posts like this.

in WvW

Posted by: MainVoyage.5924

MainVoyage.5924

I’m ashamed for the human race seeing posts like this.

Lol, pretty much.

EVERY guild “abuses” culling with either mass stealth or portal bombing. It is a tactic that even when culling gets fixed will still be useful.

in WvW

Liquid.9672

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m fairly sure that SoR picked up several guilds from SBI as their server dropped out of tier 1 and started to die. If that’s the case, they’ve probably got the powerhouse guilds from SoR and SBI combined and that could make a huge blow into tier 1. I definitely agree that if/when they reach tier 1 they will surprise a lot of people.

Yes they did pick up a handful of SEA guilds from SBI, as well as [HIRE] formerly of IoJ/EB and Helioz from IoJ. There have probably been others as well that flew in under the radar. The big question will be numbers. Guild transfers can look great on paper but all that matters is how many numbers they bring out each night and more importantly, how those numbers will stack up against the competing servers.

As I said, we’ll know soon enough how all of this shakes out.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Lot’s probably happened over the last 2 weeks or so on SOR*, but despite some quality NA timezone guilds back then, even with their new additions I would imagine it would take a lot of work to pose anything more than spotty resistance to the current 1st and 2nd.
Unless some kind of major upset happens in the future I think its going to be a 2 horse race with 3 competitors for a very long time, for the 1st position in T1.

Problem with BG is that T2* isn’t going to pose much of a challenge if we’re using the same tactics and guilds we do here to the T1 servers. It’ll be a whitewash and it’ll a case of the 3rd-seed in T1 and the 1st seed in T2 swapping places on some kind of semi-regular basis.

*No disrespect intended fellas, I’m just calling it from experience, many hours online spanning across NA to SEA timezones over the last few months and personal observations.

Personally, if T2 happens sooner than later, there’s a large groundswell of us (in KNT + our smaller allied guilds AAO and BRO) keen to get back to our “DAOC 8-man” roots, tactics and get back to what I truly love… which is ganking zergs with a smaller team, taking their bags, listening to the tears hitting the forums and to hell with the score.
We’re sort of ‘part-way’ there, I would like it to be on a slightly higher gaming/discipline level and we’re not entirely unsuccessful at the moment, but it is very hard to practice that when you’ve got the scoreboard on the corner of your eye and our very seriously taken, alliance responsibilities of covering EBG.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

I’m ashamed we are even giving this tired culling issue (portal bombing/mass stealth, OP thieves) recognition still. Whether it is unethical or illegal or immoral (lol) is simply up to taste at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

IMHO, The handful of forum whiners, trolls and accusers are not representative of the people I have met in WvWvW.

IMHO, The shouts and accusations of exploiting if actually describing exploits, would have been removed in accordance with the code of conduct we all signed.

I will be fighting to the end this week but win lose or draw, I am hoping BG hangs on to enough rating points to hold on, they have earned a place in T1.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I’m ashamed we are even giving this tired culling issue (portal bombing/mass stealth, OP thieves) recognition still. Whether it is unethical or illegal or immoral (lol) is simply up to taste at this point.

This kind of crap never happened when Titan Alliance was around. Some guilds used portals to get behind groups, but no guilds actively tried to abuse it around every corner like I’ve been seeing today.

Tactical portal bombs is a viable strategy, but using Shadow Refuge’s to stealth your whole raid non-stop really means you’re out for abusing culling.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

You do know the there is a guild called Tsym that does this thing called “culling bomb” where they hide behind a building with a large group and then all rush out towards the enemy to exploit the culling.

in WvW

Posted by: Afroshroom.2768

Afroshroom.2768

Blackgate, you’re not going to win.

Blackgate! Wat r u doin? Blackgate! stahp!

Attachments:

(edited by Afroshroom.2768)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You do know the there is a guild called Tsym that does this thing called “culling bomb” where they hide behind a building with a large group and then all rush out towards the enemy to exploit the culling.

I’ve seen all 3 servers do it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Wolvesfang.5243

Wolvesfang.5243

I kinda feel flattered being in TSym and seeing this post since we were pointed out of all of the other large, skilled guilds doing this. Almost every large T1 guild uses this “exploit” I could call out a few but I don’t think that would be constructive to this argument. Fact is that its everywhere in T1 and other tiers. you really can’t avoid it. Im not endorsing it but when all your enemies do it against you, you kinda have to do it against them to survive in T1.

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

We can also say that the stealth portal bomb tactic is ‘maximizing a feature to full efficacy’ and not as “abusing an exploit” instead. Some of us talk about it as if it is immoral or unethical when in fact, its nature is very subjective. It’s just like when thieves ‘abuse’ stealth, we don’t like it when we are on the receiving end. The difference here though is on the effect (advantage) on balance in comparison to other professions. The portal bomb tactic however, can be employed by all guilds equally.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

I’ve seen all 3 servers do it.

That is my exact point. All three servers have been doing it but why is it an issue now? His reason that a server may win this week is all because of culling.