SoS imploding?

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

losing 6+ raiding guilds in a span of 3 weeks = imploding, it just doesn’t show because of the instability of t2 and Mag

We’ll let the score do our speaking for us.

Without a 3rd Server score is arbitrary at this point.

Isle Of Janthir

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

So BEAR, TS, CB, PAIN, BMO, EPIC and FUG have left. What are the other guilds that are leaving?

NS and HOPE. Do those count?

Didn’t know HOPE left. I forgot about Lion too. They actually came over to EU. Had some good fights with some of them.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

As an oceanic who always thought the idea of an oceanic server was stupid to begin with, I’d just like to say that this thread warms my heart.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Without a 3rd Server score is arbitrary at this point.

How dare you discount my 2-man 20 minute cap of the Mag keep on EBG!

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Huddo.1065

Huddo.1065

Chris stop thinking sos is superior…

When Chris said “We’ll let the score do our speaking for us.” I think he was trying to address the point that SoS is not imploding since we can still hold our own in PPT at the moment. No superiority there.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

When Chris said “We’ll let the score do our speaking for us.” I think he was trying to address the point that SoS is not imploding since we can still hold our own in PPT at the moment. No superiority there.

I read it more as “We’re a PPT server.”

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

For anyone confused by the dubious information presented in places in this thread.

Click each suspect poster’s name, click see all messages by “chosen player”.

Take note of the posting history and then make a personal decision regarding any value you place on their posts.

Good luck all, hope to see you in the game!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Come seasons, I think the sea of PvE heroes will come out of hiding for SoS during the T2 matchups and fill their gaps pretty well considering they’re a ‘Full’ server. We shall see. If that doesn’t happen, then yeah, they imploded.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: rashkin.9530

rashkin.9530

None of the guilds on SoS, even the ppt guilds, take resets remotely seriously. Whereas you see multiple map queues of FA humping tower and keeps all night all weekend. It has nothing to do with skill or balance.

I’ve seen screenshots on the PvF forums and elsewhere (none of my own) of SoS having 2-3 queues on reset for the first hour at least on reset. FA hasn’t had more than one queue at any point in the week for over a month. Usually just FABL when there’s a call-out, or when the fights are all concentrated there.

Before Mag’s collapse, the SoS and Mag fight guilds would consistently go to FABL because they knew there’d be good fights there, so FABL tended to get a queue then too.

Now though? One queue at the very peak of NA for a few minutes in FABL, usually leading to Outnumbered in EB.

SoS is just inefficient due to blobbing with their numbers in NA, I assume due to lack of pugmanders and concentrations of pugs on those few tags displayed, as I stated previously.

If you actually believe what people say there then you are as stupid as the idiots who pretend to be important and make kitten up for the “lolz”. Most of it is Mag crying about everything because that’s what they do and randoms pretending to be SoS dribbling off whatever people want to hear.

Before Mag’s collapse, all FA would do run completely avoid any sort on confrontation with Mag/Nacho and constantly try for easy caps and back cap all the Nachos hard work at the first possible time. Nacho got kitteny and started to hammer FA keeps and it just flowed into prime time from there. There would be good fights there because you had to call in all the guilds and players you could because you couldn’t handle the heat Nacho brought.

All afternoon while SoS Americans were at work there would be FA blobs running around hitting doors like a bunch of kids in a candy shop. As soon as guilds logged in and rallied up to wipe them once or twice they vanished. I’m sure it was just getting too late for them and they couldn’t stay up for any longer.

Besides it being a few hours of bad ppt for 3 map queues (which were about 10 each and not the 50 you seem to be trying to make it out as) the 1st night of reset isn’t normal. Reset night isn’t a ppt night and all this “inefficient blobbing” is just the first night of reset pugs because it is purely all about going out of a Friday night and having a bit of fun. The difference is FA does it on normal raid night and they are probably better at it because they use their guilds to do it.

Oh, and it wasn’t all that long ago that FA had 4 map queues on reset. It seems FA has done more “imploding” recently then SoS has. Keep crowing about all these guilds are leaving SoS, but all it comes down to is that no-one wanted to stay in a broken tier with a rotting corpse on one side and a massive disappointment on the other. Make up your minds if you want balance, don’t go acting like a bunch of bitter juveniles when a few guilds transfer off.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Exactly, you can list guilds all day long, but in the end the score will reflect the state of things. This multiple-personality disorder needs to end; where we are somehow over-stacking yet imploding at the same time. You have to pick one and live with the answer when you are proven wrong.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

There is no double personality. You were t1.5 3 weeks ago, you’re imploding now.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: caljay.8720

caljay.8720

There is no double personality. You were t1.5 3 weeks ago, you’re imploding now.

lol aris, you really are clueless arent you. Imploding, still beating other servers in the tier. SoR, EBay, AR, those are implosions, right now, sos isnt

[eN] Entröpy – Guild Leader/Driver
[oT] Ominous Threat – Reform hype inc?
OCX Rallybot

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

If you actually believe what people say there then you are as stupid as the idiots who pretend to be important and make kitten up for the “lolz”. Most of it is Mag crying about everything because that’s what they do and randoms pretending to be SoS dribbling off whatever people want to hear.

I believe screenshots.

Before Mag’s collapse, all FA would do run completely avoid any sort on confrontation with Mag/Nacho and constantly try for easy caps and back cap all the Nachos hard work at the first possible time. Nacho got kitteny and started to hammer FA keeps and it just flowed into prime time from there. There would be good fights there because you had to call in all the guilds and players you could because you couldn’t handle the heat Nacho brought.

Yeah, this is just false. The usual stereotype that FA is a backcapper. I brought up the facts one week and most of those claims disappeared, but occasionally they pop up somewhere in ignorance.

Nacho’s very good at pugmanding, and his celebrity tag meant he had no less than 25-30 on it during NA. Guild groups tended to fight him, but I don’t think any FA guild groups run with more than 15-20 at any given point, with a handful of pugs following if there’s a tag up. And yes, he provided good fights. Couldn’t handle the heat though? When we had equal numbers, we tended to fight him, win or lose. I don’t speak for FA as a whole, but the guild I’m in did engage him often when we crossed paths.

All afternoon while SoS Americans were at work there would be FA blobs running around hitting doors like a bunch of kids in a candy shop. As soon as guilds logged in and rallied up to wipe them once or twice they vanished. I’m sure it was just getting too late for them and they couldn’t stay up for any longer.

We have one EU TZ guild (TK) that has a couple celebrity pugmanders. They take breaks in late EU for those who want to play in NA too. They do tend to wipe most groups that face them, far as I know. I don’t play that TZ though. Also, what SoS NA guilds? They became rare commodities in the past month.

Besides it being a few hours of bad ppt for 3 map queues (which were about 10 each and not the 50 you seem to be trying to make it out as) the 1st night of reset isn’t normal. Reset night isn’t a ppt night and all this “inefficient blobbing” is just the first night of reset pugs because it is purely all about going out of a Friday night and having a bit of fun. The difference is FA does it on normal raid night and they are probably better at it because they use their guilds to do it.

I never said that you guys had 50 man queues. The fact that you had 2-3 full maps though, with 8-10 sitting in queue, meant you had a hell of a lot more available than FA did. And we were still wiping your blobs often. Besides, SoS is primarily a PPT server. Claiming anything else is simply false. Sure, you had some fight-oriented GvG guilds that raided sometimes. But they became rarer and rarer in the past months. Our guilds are bored during NA, so we poke your T3 objectives to bring out your blobs.

Oh, and it wasn’t all that long ago that FA had 4 map queues on reset. It seems FA has done more “imploding” recently then SoS has. Keep crowing about all these guilds are leaving SoS, but all it comes down to is that no-one wanted to stay in a broken tier with a rotting corpse on one side and a massive disappointment on the other. Make up your minds if you want balance, don’t go acting like a bunch of bitter juveniles when a few guilds transfer off.

We had 3 queues on the first week into T2 (with 4 on reset) but only during NA on the weekend. The second week, we had two queues on reset and NA primetime Saturday night. After that, only one queue on reset. So yes, it’s been a while now.

And FA hasn’t imploded in the least. We’re just experiencing the same drain as every other server out of T1 due to the staleness of the game mode. Our NA is strong, yes, but mostly due to strong organization and a close community.

Both of which SoS lack, so it seems. Pug blobs and tensions between TZs, leading to drama and guilds leaving server. That tension and in-fighting is what caused a good few SoS guilds to leave. That and your PST tryharding too much and causing SoS’ OCX/SEA guilds to be bored out of server.

SoS guilds are abandoning ship, Mag is already two miles below. FA seems to be the only stable server in T2.

tldr: Same old stereotypes and claims are boring, SoS is the cause of its own problems. Looks to blame external agents, when all of its issues are internal.

FA

(edited by Basch.1347)

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

lol aris, you really are clueless arent you. Imploding, still beating other servers in the tier. SoR, EBay, AR, those are implosions, right now, sos isnt

I miss seeing you and the rest of TSR, especially Whip in her omega lol. Imploding is prolly the wrong word to describe SoS, just losing 6+ guilds.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: rashkin.9530

rashkin.9530

tldr: Same old stereotypes and claims are boring, SoS is the cause of its own problems. Looks to blame external agents, when all of its issues are internal.

I could reverse everything you said and it would hold the same amount of weight behind it. You are basing “truths” on stereotypes and lies while denying your own.

BTW gratz on making gold league this season, it only took til S3 and 2 imploding servers to do it.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

fighting SoS now feels like HoD S2 all over again.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

None of the guilds on SoS, even the ppt guilds, take resets remotely seriously. Whereas you see multiple map queues of FA humping tower and keeps all night all weekend. It has nothing to do with skill or balance.

I’ve seen screenshots on the PvF forums and elsewhere (none of my own) of SoS having 2-3 queues on reset for the first hour at least on reset. FA hasn’t had more than one queue at any point in the week for over a month. Usually just FABL when there’s a call-out, or when the fights are all concentrated there.

Before Mag’s collapse, the SoS and Mag fight guilds would consistently go to FABL because they knew there’d be good fights there, so FABL tended to get a queue then too.

Now though? One queue at the very peak of NA for a few minutes in FABL, usually leading to Outnumbered in EB.

SoS is just inefficient due to blobbing with their numbers in NA, I assume due to lack of pugmanders and concentrations of pugs on those few tags displayed, as I stated previously.

I think it’s the other way around.
Sos are the ones humping siege. Look at smc when it’s t3, siege capped plus a couple sos on every cannon.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Chris.3290

The simple truth is that we lost a few guilds and now have a pretty good matchup. We could use a few more hands in the early NA time with EPIC having left; just as FA is actively trying to recruit OCX and SEA to cover their gaps as well.

Either way, we now have at least a two-way competitive matchup that is still going SoS’s way; but FA is putting up a better fight now that they don’t feel overwhelmed so much.

We’ve “destacked” from our OCX and SEA times so we’ll probably look for some folks to join our NA and FA will get the fights they’ve said they’ve wanted all this time.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Just looking at the server statuses and SoS is FULL. Then I remembered this thread and said “wtf?” to myself. Soo… if this whole thread was a political tactic, GJ Sos! You successfully pulled a BG

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Chris.3290

Just looking at the server statuses and SoS is FULL. Then I remembered this thread and said “wtf?” to myself. Soo… if this whole thread was a political tactic, GJ Sos! You successfully pulled a BG

The hilarious part is it was Fort Aspenwood’s political tactic. In general, T2 are but neophytes to the skilled political operatives that run Tier 1 NA. In our tier a “political coup de tat” is a screenshot of one server blobbing.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

The hilarious part is it was Fort Aspenwood’s political tactic. In general, T2 are but neophytes to the skilled political operatives that run Tier 1 NA. In our tier a “political coup de tat” is a screenshot of one server blobbing.

Your acs are calling you to refresh them.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Server population has nothing to do with WvW population. You should know this by now.

SoS imploding?

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Interesting thread, instead of spewing forth bile we could just all wait and see how things pan out.

Gamers are just gamers, many from each server have been allies or enemies before and they do not suddenly become monsters due to their current server tag.

See you in the Borderlands.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now