Sor vs SoR

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Employee.2680

Employee.2680

Guilds like TW, TWL Choo, IRON, TYSM have members that transfered parts of their guilds to JQ and been taking up spaces in WvW just to have Guild vs Guild. They are ruining the Que’s for those who actually care to WvW. I doubt anything will be done but I’d like to pass the info out to the rest of SoR and JQ in why you are having longer que times.

Attachments:

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Personally not bothered that TW (or anyone else) came to ‘visit’ as it were. They did plenty during the past week aside from GvG, playing as any other ‘JQ’ player would, and were not taking up queue spaces from our players. Considering we don’t generally have queues on all of our maps these days, even in NA prime, it just wasn’t a concern. I think it’s kinda neat that they got to fight each other, as when will they honestly get the chance to again? I’d jump on the chance to play other teams from JQ head to head if it were possible; I think most people would!

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

Don’t mind him, hes upset over the fact we GvG’d TW before they came back to SoR. When he actually pays for my game or anyone elses he can complain about.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

Go home phantasmal you’re drunk

(edited by Moderator)

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

SoR has always been about the fights. If you came here from another server because we were on our way to the top and you only care about the PPT, then you might as well transfer, because we want fights, and we will have them. Everyone there had fun and the map was calm. If we were losing our garrison I might be able to sympathize will you, but nothing was happening.

FYI, the queue was only one minute. I’m sure nobody was kitten ed because they were stuck in a one minute queue.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Thrash.3684

Thrash.3684

TW have helped JQ take Keeps, Towers and Camps. The 30min-1 hour GvG isn’t going to do much. Plus now that the GvG is over TW will help JQ again. Besides they paid the money to transfer server; no rules are being broken.

Sanctum of Rall

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Guilds like TW, TWL Choo, IRON, TYSM have members that transfered parts of their guilds to JQ and been taking up spaces in WvW just to have Guild vs Guild. They are ruining the Que’s for those who actually care to WvW. I doubt anything will be done but I’d like to pass the info out to the rest of SoR and JQ in why you are having longer que times.

Not sure about the timezone for you. But I find that there is absolutely no que in JQ. If not for TW’s visit, JQ would have been outmanned on every borderland. Only EB has que if any…

-S o S-

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

This thread is full of win.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Pretty sure the 3200 gems I purchased to transfer over to JQ (and back) temporarily is perfectly acceptable to Anet.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Aren’t you the same kid that runs around with your commander tag on 100% of the time, even though no one is following you?

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Rawthorne.8675

Rawthorne.8675

Hmmm with this evidence it certainly seems much more plausible the reports I heard of on reset night jq/sor working together in each other’s ts server to double team bg relentlessy that night.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Grove.2835

Grove.2835

I would just recommend not allowing any of those SoR transfers to run your server. Unless those left on JQ like 2v1ing over competition and fair play. Also try and catch and post some of their zoom hackers if you get a chance.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

The VVrex bug is at it again it seems, trying to destroy more and more servers. Well I can hardly say that I am surprised IRON do enjoy kitten ing people off for their own enjoyment. With Wrex’s famous line of " How dare you enjoy the game you paid for?" IRON never takes into account that their “enjoyment” is coming at the cost of others.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

I don’t mind these GvG setup, but a day after reset and when both servers are behind 10k is not clever, and sometimes yes you’re taking queue up spaces or making the map weak from who actually wants WvW action. Anyway I don’t see how these GvG can be more fun, you just kill each other and that’s it, over and over and over…doing WvW stuff you do that too but so much more and also contribute to your server.

The guilds you are complaining about do more than their fair share in WvW nightly. No need to get upset.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

The VVrex bug is at it again it seems, trying to destroy more and more servers. Well I can hardly say that I am surprised IRON do enjoy kitten ing people off for their own enjoyment. With Wrex’s famous line of " How dare you enjoy the game you paid for?" IRON never takes into account that their “enjoyment” is coming at the cost of others.

Not sure what you have against them, but they weren’t even involved. Besides, he is right… he paid for the game and is not obligated to you period. As long as he doesn’t violate TOS, he is free to play as he wishes. It was his money after all.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Meh I don’t care really. It’s their game account and cash/gold. JQ didn’t have any queues anyways from what I saw. What I do dislike a bit however is playing for PPT when you say you’re doing it for the fights, as well as what happened at this reset when you had some TW on both SoR and JQ due to the 7 day transfer cool down. It sets up the chance for cross server info sharing which blows.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Pretty sure the 3200 gems I purchased to transfer over to JQ (and back) temporarily is perfectly acceptable to Anet.

Roughly $500 in gems for the lot of us to venture across.
Yes, I’m sure Anet is fine with us.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Meh I don’t care really. It’s their game account and cash/gold. JQ didn’t have any queues anyways from what I saw. What I do dislike a bit however is playing for PPT when you say you’re doing it for the fights, as well as what happened at this reset when you had some TW on both SoR and JQ due to the 7 day transfer cool down. It sets up the chance for cross server info sharing which blows.

We’ve been using our own passworded guild channel. Not including either server’s general population. With the exception of some of the keep takes Indo has led.
The only cross server comms have been us meeting with the half of TW that didn’t transfer, for a few duels and experimentation. Thanks for the casual accusations of inappropriate conduct tho!

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

pot.6805

You guys didn’t convert gold to gems? Noobs =p

BeeGee
Beast mode

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Don’t think anyone on JQ is bothered by TW “taking up spots” on what would have been barren landscape anyways.

If you have a problem with people having fun you should look elsewhere than a video game forum.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

It sets up the chance for cross server info sharing which blows.

There is a chance 24-7 on every match up that someone is information sharing. You don’t have to be in the same guild to send messages to each other. Heck, I have talked to people in your guild while WvWing and shared information with them about the the other server we were fighting.

Case in point, this week not only did TW work against SoR and guild members that did not transfer by leading defense for JQ, but we were primarily fighting SoR one of the evenings because of the bounty they put on Indo’s head.

Anyways, I seriously don’t understand what the problem is people have with people buying gems and seeking fights elsewhere. Its not our fault ANET threw us in a match up last week that was pointless and boring against two servers that didnt stand a chance. Rather than log off for a week, we used money and gold to find fights.

Well within the rules and well within moral obligation to fair game play. Sadly, people are just using this as an excuse to complain and vent their frustrations with things as a whole.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Some of us did.
I get about 40 hours not at work a week, so my free time is valuable. Too valuable for boring dungeon runs

But even the gems we buy with gold represent SOMEBODYS cash.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

I paid half and converted half. I simply didn’t have the gold reserves to convert both ways. I don’t do PvE period. Heh

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

pot.6805

Some of us did.
I get about 40 hours not at work a week, so my free time is valuable. Too valuable for boring dungeon runs

But even the gems we buy with gold represent SOMEBODYS cash.

Yeah I hear you on the dungeons part, they are boring. I farmed TA around launch to get the armor look I wanted and haven’t been back since. I’d rather kill people in WvW or spvp.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

I don’t mind these GvG setup, but a day after reset and when both servers are behind 10k is not clever, and sometimes yes you’re taking queue up spaces or making the map weak from who actually wants WvW action. Anyway I don’t see how these GvG can be more fun, you just kill each other and that’s it, over and over and over…doing WvW stuff you do that too but so much more and also contribute to your server.

The guilds you are complaining about do more than their fair share in WvW nightly. No need to get upset.

I’m not getting upset neither complaining, as I said I don’t mind just think its the wrong time for that. You need to pay attention when you read.

Oh I was paying attention just fine. No need to be like that.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

I’m not getting upset neither complaining, as I said I don’t mind just think its the wrong time for that. You need to pay attention when you read.

Oh I was paying attention just fine. No need to be like that.

No need to pay attention much. No need to judge wrong. No need to be that smart to know that. No need to write No need everytime. No need to reply.

Is that really where you are going to take this? I see this is a waste of time for me. I tried to be civil with you, I am sorry you couldn’t return the favor.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

@ OP: aren’t you the same guy who sits in SMC botting during the day stealing all the supplies to “build” siege for achievements?

Yes that is him.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Heaven forbid someone enjoy WvW instead of treat it like a second job.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

>Phantasmal, why you wasting our supply in the keep?
>Hurr, i pay for game and i can play for my enjoyment!

>Phantasmal, why you yelling at us while we play for our enjoyment?
>Hurr, you play wrong way, stop doing that!
Oh, the irony.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

You should just move to BG, Im sure theyd love to have you.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

SoRdor SoRdor SoRdor.

SoRdor?

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As a member of JQ, I was very happy to have [TW] BACK to JQ. Even if it was for only a week.

They had no effect on queue’s because, we don’t have queues on JQ Maybe one BL will queue during NA. Reset night, we’ll fill the maps for 3-4 hours, that’s all.

Thus, it was great having [TW] over here and they are welcome to return anytime

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

SoRdor SoRdor SoRdor.

SoRdor?

Windoor is coming.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Vlad.7529

Vlad.7529

>Phantasmal, why you wasting our supply in the keep?
>Hurr, i pay for game and i can play for my enjoyment!

>Phantasmal, why you yelling at us while we play for our enjoyment?
>Hurr, you play wrong way, stop doing that!
Oh, the irony.

LOL THIS IS THE SAME GUY?

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

You should just move to BG, Im sure theyd love to have you.

Please go altho i think if he went to BG the forums would be a mess with tears stating why did SoR send a spy etc lol SoR people will understand

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Greshmael.1498

Greshmael.1498

I honestly don’t have a problem with people doing what they want to in game. I’m totally cool with that. My only issue with it would be if those same people were to off and tell other people how THEY should play the game. IE. “Don’t bring lowbie toons into WvW”, “Don’t use supply for that!”, “Hey, you! Badge down!” That’s great to know that we’re all on the same page that we can play however want. So, I guess we won’t be hearing anything like that ever again on the SOR server. Whew!!!! What a relief. Thanks for making that point for the good of the whole server guys! You rock!

Greshmael Draelock
Vice Warlord of Sinister Swarm [SIN] – SOR
“Success in WvW is not measured in loot bags.”

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Hullo To U.7259

Hullo To U.7259

I reckon SoR would beat Sor.

Wait this thread was meant to be serious? sorry… how dare people play games the way they want to.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Haha you are so pathetic, maybe you just need to mature a bit? People are not forced to follow anyone, they choose to follow wrex because they enjoy doing so. If they dont enjoy it, then they wont follow her, people have and make their own choices believe it or not.

Its distastful that people bring their personal dislikes/hatreds to these forums, all they do is embarrass themselves.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

(edited by Offski.4897)

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

I honestly don’t have a problem with people doing what they want to in game. I’m totally cool with that. My only issue with it would be if those same people were to off and tell other people how THEY should play the game. IE. “Don’t bring lowbie toons into WvW”, “Don’t use supply for that!”, “Hey, you! Badge down!” That’s great to know that we’re all on the same page that we can play however want. So, I guess we won’t be hearing anything like that ever again on the SOR server. Whew!!!! What a relief. Thanks for making that point for the good of the whole server guys! You rock!

Giving Indo/TW flak for seeking fights during a week of boring play against servers that stood no chance is just your attempt to stir up drama where there is none. If you don’t understand the difference between what you mentioned above and this situation, then I really can’t help you.

Fortunately, there are plenty of other servers to transfer to that could use your help if you find that the SoR environment doesn’t suit you. We care more about the fights than the PPT and it has always been that way.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

I don’t mind these GvG setup, but a day after reset and when both servers are behind 10k is not clever

Well SoR is no longer behind anyone. Is your complaint still valid now?

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Vlad.7529

Vlad.7529

I don’t mind these GvG setup, but a day after reset and when both servers are behind 10k is not clever

This whole thread was never valid considering the person that made it has no clue what WvW is about and repairs SM walls that are getting trebbed.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

This whole thread was never valid considering the person that made it has no clue what WvW is about and repairs SM walls that are getting trebbed.

I concede that point to you freely.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

I think this post proves how out of touch you and your guild’s leadership are in WvW. Because your guild chooses to isolate themselves from the rest of the SoR WvW community, you folks had no idea what was going on during the week we were up against a rank 4 (TC) and 7 (SoS) servers. It sadness me to see Sinister Swarm turn into this troll guild in the eyes of the SoR WvW community do to two or three bad apples The shenanigans Employee pulls with the supply on any boarderland or running around farming materials with his commander badge on (or possible botting) has done nothing but make him a troll in the eyes of the entire SoR WvW community and is unfair to his fellow guildies because overall they are good people and shouldn’t be judged his actions.

After Sinister Swarm lost its competent WvW leaders, the guild spiral downward hard and instead of replacing or training new competent commanders, your guild leadership chooses PvE officers as replacements with no WvW experience and also pushed out the other members how were ready to take over. (/shrug) It has been over a half of year since Employee and Greshmael have taken over WvW for the Swarm and ATM, their guild can hardly field 10 players and has a bad reputation because of Employee’s achievement farming.

I think Indo, TW and the rest of the SoR WvW community has done a great job making WvW the environment for all SoR guilds and players who choose to be part of the community or NOT.

I only blame the Swarm’s bad choice of WvW leadership resulting in them having a bad reputation for months now.

(edited by AydenStar.4216)

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

No need to be upset. LoL at you thinking the guilds that were doing GvG were the ones who made that, the server did. They might helped sure but taking the credit is kinda stupid. No need to be like that.

At least we agree that there was no need for you to get so upset. I am glad you calmed down, honestly. There really is no place for intra-server drama on public forums and I hope you will respect that in the future.

I am also sorry that my post confused you. I wasn’t giving or taking any credit with my post. I was simply pointing out that your original complaint is moot.

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

really who cares ppl were having fun let the topic die plz

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

Can someone translate for me?

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Agathu.1890

Agathu.1890

I think this post proves how out of touch you and your guild’s leadership are in WvW. Because your guild chooses to isolate themselves from the rest of the SoR WvW community, you folks had no idea what was going on during the week we were up against a rank 4 (TC) and 7 (SoS) servers. It sadness me to see Sinister Swarm turn into this troll guild in the eyes of the SoR WvW community do to two or three bad apples The shenanigans Employee pulls with the supply on any boarderland or running around farming materials with his commander badge on (or possible botting) has done nothing but make him a troll in the eyes of the entire SoR WvW community and is unfair to his fellow guildies because overall they are good people and shouldn’t be judged his actions.

After Sinister Swarm lost its competent WvW leaders, the guild spiral downward hard and instead of replacing or training new competent commanders, your guild leadership chooses PvE officers as replacements with no WvW experience and also pushed out the other members how were ready to take over. (/shrug) It has been over a half of year since Employee and Greshmael have taken over WvW for the Swarm and ATM, their guild can hardly field 10 players and has a bad reputation because of Employee’s achievement farming.

I think Indo, TW and the rest of the SoR WvW community has done a great job making WvW the environment for all SoR guilds and players who choose to be part of the community or NOT.

I only blame the Swarm’s bad choice of WvW leadership resulting in them having a bad reputation for months now.

A troll post from a former member of our guild, imagine that. Your post just shows that you have no idea about whats going on in our guild and it was good that you left.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albright (1876 – 1944)

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Agathu.1890

Agathu.1890

First of all the guilds that were doing GvG could have easily set up an arena in sPvP to have thier fights, but it seems to me that they wanted to get WvW credit for thier fights. I personally don’t like it but I’m not going to tell them how to play thier game.

Secondly the Devs have added repairing to the daily events so that shows Anets stand on the issue. If any of you have a problem with something one of our members is doing in WvW while playing the game they paid for please take screenshots and report them.

Lastly we do work with other guilds in WvW when they will work with us. No we don’t join the TS server that one guild has created because we have had issue with things that go on in it. We made this decision after talking with the person running the TS server and finding that he didn’t care about our concerns. So if commanders want our help in WvW just ask for our commander and we will be glad to coordinate things with you.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albright (1876 – 1944)

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

The GvG probably lasted a hour tops, whoop deee dooo.

Also less you completely new to WvW, that guild you mention shows up everyday HARD doing WvW for hours at a time through thick and thin so if they want to take a hour off to do some GvG, so be it.

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

Sor vs SoR

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

The GvG probably lasted a hour tops, whoop deee dooo.

Also less you completely new to WvW, that guild you mention shows up everyday HARD doing WvW for hours at a time through thick and thin so if they want to take a hour off to do some GvG, so be it.

There’s no guild mention on the post, unless GvG setup means some especific guild for you. I just left my opinion about GvG setup in WvW and disadvantages that I think of that.

My statement would go for any guild that wants to partake in GvG, why? Because you won’t see many if at all PVE oriented guilds asking for GvG requests as these guys are mostly casuals. The ones that look for GvG are typically the most active guilds of their respective servers when it comes to WvW play. It helps to fine tune their group skills without outside interference to further hone their play.

In another response you state “it’s not the right time for it”, so what is? The match takes a full 7 days and in essence takes a while to schedule GvG matches way ahead of time to ensure meeting locale, rules of engagement, timezone differential, etc.