Sorrow's Furnace vs Darkhaven vs Sanctum of Rall - WUVWUV

in WvW

Posted by: Ptk.2736

Ptk.2736

I checked but unfortunatly all you have is videos of winning and ITM never loses so we got edited out :P

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

@Arius: You can have gracious winners when you guys stop being sore losers. Hacking? Huge population gains by SoR? No and no. It’s all very easy to say, and to provide anecdotal evidence, but unlike SoR (who have provided screenshots of the Orb being hacked away), not a single solitary person from DH or SF has provided any screenshots of “all those SoR people flying around”. Not one. Seems awfully convenient…

Realistically speaking, there were several turning points in this fight.

1- The first orb hacking incident by DH against SoR (screenshotted and presented on these very forums) made the core bunch of WvW players in HF, FL and EPIC angry. Very, very angry.

2- The massive pub groups FINALLY got the message (which yours truly was a fervent, frequent, not-so-subtle proponent of) that upgrading and placing tons of siege weaponry after capturing keeps and towers was GOOD!!

3- A 90 minute early morning battle against HOT and ZZZZ inside our Garrison. We were hopelessly outnumbered, but had spent two hours preparing static defenses for the predictable 4 AM (EST) push by the massive (and usually unstoppable) flood of DH players.
I controlled a catapult that destroyed 4 DH catapults (2 others building), 2 siege golem build sites, and 3 ballistas. Other players scouted well, pointed out where to fire, frenetically rrepaired the inner gate and wall, and one courageous Charr engineer single-handedly repaired the outer gate while fighting off returning DH players, preventing reinforcements and sealing your remaining players inside. Mop up ensued, and a communal “WE CAN BEAT THESE !##$#!!!!!” vibe was born.

4- Sor’s [EPIC] guild took Etherion Hills and the DH orb in Darkhaven’s borderlands that very same day, beginning with a heroic 20-hour long defense by the same members and commander. Five days later, the keep has yet to be retaken despite multiple large scale assaults by DH players, including one in which the push with 5+ siege golems reached the corridor to the Lord’s room before being stopped. The orb, sadly, has since been teleported out of the keep. Twice. But the defense of the keep is a rallying point for our entire server.

In short; we got angry, we got determined, we started hating you, and we fought back harder and surprised you. If thinking it’s tremendous amounts of hacking or a massive increase in population (despite us still more than frequently having no queue times and having the outmanned buff) makes the situation more palatable to you…whatever.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in WvW

Posted by: Enerjak.2475

Enerjak.2475

All the while, SF just shrugged and went about their business, finishing armor sets, map completion for legendaries, ironing out details for larger-scale alliances and strategies for next cycle to come out strong, etc.

Alcione Enerjak – Human Necromancer (Level 80)
Guild Leader – The Hakaishin [GODS] (Sorrow’s Furnace)

in WvW

Ptk.2736

I just had SoR players message me in-game trying to recruit me to join SoR. Apparantly they are going around trying to take our good guilds…..

Whoever they are they are sullying your name

in WvW

Posted by: juv.2375

juv.2375

“I just had SoR players message me in-game trying to recruit me to join SoR. Apparantly they are going around trying to take our good guilds…..

Whoever they are they are sullying your name” – Ptk.2736

Hey guys this same Ptk just messaged me he was tired of being on the quitter side and is transfering to SoR! <——-see I can do it too!

Seriously stop the whining, man up, or quit.

in WvW

Posted by: Sue.4361

Sue.4361

I just had SoR players message me in-game trying to recruit me to join SoR. Apparantly they are going around trying to take our good guilds…..

I don’t believe you.

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

TLDR; WvW is a PITA for map explorer, unrewarding and imbalanced.

Firstly, it doesn’t really matter that SoR are recruiting “good guilds” as “good guilds” are a myth. It also doesnt matter who wins and who does what, since you get absolutely nothing from it at the end.

Sure there are hackers, even people who switch to be on the winning side, but their numbers are insignificant compared to who is in there. Fact is, SF last week had 20-30 minute queues, this week it is instant. Less people are playing. I dont blame them, after a while, it does get boring. Where’s the fun of being outnumbered 5 to 1? Its not like leveling works either, in 10h as ranger I hit lvl 5 in WvW…. in 3h as theif I’m close to 10 from hearts. So since there is no incentive and being outnumbered is not even fun, why would people choose WvW?

For my part I stopped playing WvW because it becomes obvious that most players in there want their map completion more than control. No one cares about strategy, many events necessary to holding points have no reward to the point that losing points and retaking them are worth more than actually repairing walls. As a mace&shield guardian my damage sucks and my only use is on cannons.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

(edited by ptitminou.6489)

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

[EPIC] guild took Etherion Hills

That’s Elthurien Hills.
Thanks for house sitting 8D

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

@ptitminou.6489 tl;drqqrofl

I’m sure I should expect to “get something” out of playing checkers with my 6 year old son too other than the enjoyment of the act.

in WvW

ptitminou.6489

@Enerjak.2475

I hope your 6yo son evolves to attain greater reading comprehension than you did.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

4- Sor’s [EPIC] guild took Etherion Hills and the DH orb in Darkhaven’s borderlands that very same day, beginning with a heroic 20-hour long defense by the same members and commander. Five days later, the keep has yet to be retaken despite multiple large scale assaults by DH players, including one in which the push with 5+ siege golems reached the corridor to the Lord’s room before being stopped. The orb, sadly, has since been teleported out of the keep. Twice. But the defense of the keep is a rallying point for our entire server.

Ah man, you have no idea how great it feels to have some of [EPIC]‘s efforts recognized. During that whole thing, we had several members who stayed up 20+ hours determined to both defend the orb, as well as prevent any efforts to take Etheron Hills. Leader Mara was lacking huge amounts of sleep at that point as well, seeing as she was choosing directing offensive and defensive efforts over actually getting rest. I think she actually started to run on auto-pilot at one point. After the first case of Orb hacking, one of our members actually spent roughly 18 hours keeping an eye on the orb, with fraps ready, just in case someone was about to attempt to take it. Sadly, it was lost, and with the alter broken in that large scale golem assault, the orb hasn’t been able to take it’s place back in the keep.

Wilhelm The Pursuer

(edited by Kawloon Fuathach.3807)

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

Your gripe with WvW is you don’t get a pixel prize for it. Therefore it isn’t fun. To quote you directly… “WvW is a PITA for map explorer, unrewarding… It also doesnt matter who wins and who does what, since you get absolutely nothing from it at the end.”

Great that you can throw baseless crap though, good job. Unfortunately my statement was within context and kinda makes your cute little comeback a bit of a joke point. I don’t WvW to get a pixel prize – I do it because I enjoy it, just as I would enjoy a game with my son. I don’t expect a prize for winning or losing in a game as you do, and not having one doesn’t magically make it pointless to me.

Great jab though. I mean, for a lesser man, they might actually take you seriously.

in WvW

ptitminou.6489

You really should re-read what I wrote.

Repeating the same crap over and over again wont work on me, I know that trick works on actual lesser people, but I’m well above that. Leave your red herrings at the door too. I laughed, good try!

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

I’m essentially trying to call a direct response to my verbatim words within context baseless, but since it is verbatim after all, I’m not quite succeeding.

No, I suppose you wouldn’t… still, enjoy your evening. Do what you find fun in the game after all, and if that isn’t WvW, then the game’s definitely large enough to find other hobbies.

in WvW

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

WvW is really empty today. On SF we have like 1 good sized zerg going and capping stuff and Rall has a good sized zerg doing the same. We just ran through EB completely and capped some towers on all sides of the field and the map is almost completely empty. WvW feels nothing like it did in the opening week, I’m wondering what ANet will do to balance populations.

in WvW

Posted by: FatFuzzy.2659

FatFuzzy.2659

I noticed hardly anyone on last nite late hours….the people that were on were pretty nice tho, mostly. Lots of people hopelessly trying to cap Stonemist which is probably not good stragety. No waiting que at all, just kinda meh…

LvL 80 Thief “Axxeman”
Sorrow’s Furnace
Planet Earth

in WvW

Ptk.2736

I don’t believe you.

Attachments:

in WvW

ptitminou.6489

WvW is really empty today. On SF we have like 1 good sized zerg going and capping stuff and Rall has a good sized zerg doing the same. We just ran through EB completely and capped some towers on all sides of the field and the map is almost completely empty. WvW feels nothing like it did in the opening week, I’m wondering what ANet will do to balance populations.

Well right now, their silence points to… nothing!

My wish would be to see it converted to the PvP model instead of the PvE model, with in-game server rankings of course. But I’m sure they looked at it though and figured it would suck and that’s why its not like that. I wonder what part I’m missing in all this…

in WvW

ptitminou.6489

I don’t believe you.

Oh but dude, there is no timestamp, now you will be accused of shooping that image and making all of this up.

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

In the chat window there is no message about you taking a pic.
The slider is big indicating not alot of chat and the chat slider is on the bottom showing you did not scroll up which would explain the no screenshot message.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Ptk.2736

I don’t believe you.

I just dont care? if you know me you know I have more integrity than that.

Oh but dude, there is no timestamp, now you will be accused of shooping that image and making all of this up.

in WvW

Ptk.2736

I took the screenshot as soon as it happened. It was right after I posted my Guild Recruitment message in team chat, After zoning into a world.

in WvW

Posted by: DivByZero.5218

DivByZero.5218

In the chat window there is no message about you taking a pic.
The slider is big indicating not alot of chat and the chat slider is on the bottom showing you did not scroll up which would explain the no screenshot message.

That message only comes up when multiple screenshots are taken and you screenshot the message in the chat pane. I just tried it. If you take a single screenshot you will not see the yellow screenshot message in the picture.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Lets post your most memorable fun battle for this week
this got to be the most fun i had for this week match up [this is from the weekend]
we’re trying to take SM castle from SF….finally bust the inner gate open but then RALLs show up to join the party. We got to the top floor to avoid being in the middle of SF and RALL
we got the castle but we couldnt defend it…at the end RALL get the castle lol
[Hopefully i dont get flame for showing the chat from the battle]

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

It was quite funny i have to admit, but ah well.. There were some good fights, though all wvw fights are good

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

I don’t believe you.

Anyone can make an alt on their own server, stage a conversation like that and screen shot it for propaganda. Whoopidee doo

in WvW

Posted by: Foresight.2056

Foresight.2056

@Elthurien

Unfortunately, I can confirm this happened…

lvl 80 Warrior, Mesmer, Guardian and Thief
Santum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Cael.2641

Cael.2641

It’s been a good match. Good job, SoR.

Darkhaven, we have a lot to work on before we go pointing any fingers.

@FractalChaos: Those are dangerous, Fox News levels of hypocrisy you’re spouting. We’re the one crying because we’re losing when you made the only “name and shame” thread on the forums for one isolated incident of 1 single orb being hacked, using that as a basis for calling our entire server hackers or hacker apologists. Oh, and SoR was losing at that time.

Also, let’s conveniently ignore the screenshot taken by an SF played as evidence of some SoR hacking posted on just the last page and say there’s no recorded evidence out there of anyone on SoR hacking. Let’s not even consider that unlike you, other people do the right thing and take the accusations and evidence straight to the ANet authorities instead of clogging up the official forums with thread after thread trying to paint an entire server as hackers.

Seriously, go work at Fox News, brah. They will love you there.

In case anybody’s wondering, I am not and I have not been one of the DH players to cry hack or exploit or zerg at SoR. I’ve said and I’ll say again, regardless of any of the jerks on both side that resort to hacks, SoR has achieved victory through recruiting better coverage at critical times (I don’t mean transfers, I mean organizing their guilds and PUGs), having clear objectives, upgrading/repairing/defending points and laying down lots of siege. I’ve been there, seen for myself, and taken notes.

That’s how you pull a server together, so good job!

I’d recommend you distance yourself from FractalChaos because he’ll only bring respect for your server down, but if you keep this up I know SoR will climb the ranks and be competitive. I look forward to hearing about it and learning from it. Good luck!

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

SoR you’re poor sports! We just challenged you to a dance off in front of Redbriar and got shot at!

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Ptk.2736

I wouldnt post it if it wasnt true. I made sure not to state that Sanctum of Rall was doing this, but that a player from Sanctum of Rall was doing it and if that is his main you guys might want to distance yourselves. Hopefully none of our guilds were affected by him. You should know by now from my other posts that I hold alot of respect for my opponents and wouldnt start kitten for no reason. But getting a message from a SoR player asking my guild to transfer their kitten me. The next two things he said to me were, “Fine I only want the good guilds anyways.” Obviously His actions dont reflect onto your server as a whole, but i just wanted you to know the situation occured. Your choice to believe me does not change the fact that it happened and I have done nothing to deserve your doubt.

in WvW

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

The core of the problem is the mesmer exploit issue (and don’t pretend that it’s not happening). In turn, that triggers a feeling of utter hopelessness which just crushes morale among the PuGs and even the steadfast WvW groups. When no matter what you do, you know you can’t come close to competing with 2 minute tower caps, why bother? Casual WvW players no longer queue or don’t spend as much time in WvW, and it just becomes a downward spiral.

We were doing great through Sunday. Then by Tuesday evening, our ranks had shrunk by a wide margin simply because everyone would log in to most of the world being blue and a huge blue lead that only grew. It seems like Sorrow’s Furnace is experiencing the same effect.

The only solution for Darkhaven to counter the morale issue once we’re in the hole is to get more fully dedicated WvW guilds that can fill out the numbers most of the day and not be as affected by morale. But that’s just not a realistic proposition.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in WvW

neoxide.7320

Today I saw a La Hermanidad member on SoR. Just to add to the screenshot of the SoR guilds trying to steal ITM members, they may have stolen one of our guilds or this may be one of the guilds that jumped ship like we’ve all been hearing rumors of

Attachments:

in WvW

neoxide.7320

Sorry wrong screenshot. And the forum are broken for me so I can’t see the reply button or edit button on the last page (8th). Here’s the correct screenshot.

Attachments:

in WvW

Ptk.2736

I just got a video of Sanctum of Rall exploiting a glitch. Guild LoE was doing it in numbers. Couple others, Ill upload it so you can see it. Essentially we were assualting Garrisson and SoR was just waypointing in even though it was contested. We were at this for 10 minutes before i started recording, and i only got last few minutes before we started to wipe

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

SoR you’re poor sports! We just challenged you to a dance off in front of Redbriar and got shot at!

Oh, that sucks! I totally would have taken you up on this.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

I just got a video of Sanctum of Rall exploiting a glitch. Guild LoE was doing it in numbers. Couple others, Ill upload it so you can see it. Essentially we were assualting Garrisson and SoR was just waypointing in even though it was contested. We were at this for 10 minutes before i started recording, and i only got last few minutes before we started to wipe

Please do post. I can assure you, SoR doesn’t want exploiters ruining the servers, same as you guys.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in WvW

Ptk.2736

It was LoE. And im over it, but ill post the video anyways. Just took other places.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

@Fractal Chaos
I’m going to try to be extra nice here.

First off, you were attacking straw men that entire time. I never once stated I believe that SoR has experienced a massive population boost. I congratulated you multiple times, because I feel that SoR became much more organized. Quote me where I said they’re doing better because they hacked and got a massive population.

Secondly, I’m sorry to say, Darkhaven has the outmanned buff in all but 3 zones almost at all times. You do outnumber us, this is not up for debate. To take that further, a lot of the people we do have, simply are not trying to WvW. That’s not your fault, it’s very clearly our fault, but it’s not like it’s even numbers.

Realistically speaking, there is simply no way you can reasonably say that all of the times you guys gained entrance into our holding without breaking down gates//walls was due to Mesmers waiting inside. It happens far too frequently, I doubt your server has that many Mesmers. More than that, even if you did, do you like strategically position Mesmers in tons of separate towers/keeps? Then how do they hide when we sweep it after taking it? What about the people that usually remain inside the keep for a while after we take it? What about the dozens of times we’ve seen experienced level 80 players shouting that you cheated to gain entry, or that you flew in to gain entry? What about the people from SF who had the exact same experiences as us?

All of this combined, and it’s more than reasonable to say that SoR has cheated some of the time. Sure, some of the time it probably was Mesmers, I buy that, but not so often. I’m not saying that’s the reason for your victory, just that (whether it is right or not) it has demoralized our player base.

So yeah, Fractal Chaos, keep ignoring my points and attack straw men. You never addressed a single thing I said, and you quite clearly didn’t read my posts. Also, only 2 or 3 Darkhaven players here have been sore losers… most of us are not. I have not been a sore loser, I’ve been honest about what is going on. You, however, have been boasting since SoR started to do well (before we were being “sore losers”), so don’t act like it’s in response to us. So keep on boasting and proclaiming your victory to the masses, neither Dh nor SF treated you like that last week.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Maybe we should stop bringing up the drama and just say GG see you next time.

It was a good game this week (Probably better for those that don’t read these forums).
I want to thank the Darkhaven players this week for bringing the best out of us.
I want to thank the Sorrows Furnace players for still trying, the small skirmishes I ran into were great fun.
Most of all I want to that Sanctum of Rall for showing great teamwork and determination.
I’m not going to post in this thread any longer. Good luck, Have fun & see you next time.

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

DH got together and accomplished stuff on SoR Borderlands! It’s the start of something beautiful!

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Celestian.2689

Celestian.2689

Screenshots courtesy of another player from SF none the less. Both servers know what’s happening…

I am curious what this is suppose to be a screen shot of? It looks like you fighting enemies is all. I did not see any flying people (mind you my eyesight is pretty bad) so if they are there please point them out.

I just see so much BS floating around here it seems that folks are making up excuses for the loss. SoR bucked up this time. If there is cheaters they will get banned (we will report them too) but the only side I have actively seen tping around the map with orbs has been a DH individual. If the situation was as bad as the excuses around these forums have suggested I would have seen our team doing it and I have not.

If you have a name on our side PM it to me and I will follow them around and record it.

Sanctum of Rall – Vigilance
Mesmer/Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Please do post. I can assure you, SoR doesn’t want exploiters ruining the servers, same as you guys.

I was there when this happened, basically, people were saying to fall back to garrison as our south gate was being attacked. Everyone sees the Waypoint open and spawns in, to see that the lord is already under attack and we end up in the cluster of enemies. Thing is, that waypoint never went contested. At least not until after the attack was finished. People were porting in constantly from all over the map as it was open the entire time. It was a glitch, one we had no control over. You can’t really expect people not to port into an open waypoint. People were even just entering into the borderlands, saw in chat that garrison needed help and naturally ported in to find out the enemy was practically on top of the waypoint.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

Ptk.2736

I was there when this happened, basically, people were saying to fall back to garrison as our south gate was being attacked. Everyone sees the Waypoint open and spawns in, to see that the lord is already under attack and we end up in the cluster of enemies. Thing is, that waypoint never went contested. At least not until after the attack was finished. People were porting in constantly from all over the map as it was open the entire time. It was a glitch, one we had no control over. You can’t really expect people not to port into an open waypoint. People were even just entering into the borderlands, saw in chat that garrison needed help and naturally ported in to find out the enemy was practically on top of the waypoint.

I agree. Its understandable. Do you still want me to post the video when you got people admitting to it? I’ve already gotten over it. Just switched to a different borderlands. Just frustrating fighting inside of Garrisson against fewer players, that could keep porting back. Spent a good 40 minutes getting into and fighting in that keep :P

in WvW

Ptk.2736

Also Good fight With GSCH and USA today in Darkhaven borderlands at Dreaming bay. You guys held Really well until we just didnt have the numbers to assault. Sneaky tactic taking our tower from behind :P

Also id like to thank the Anonymous Guild that kicked the player and notified others about the guy who was recruiting oppossing server guilds. Great to see we can work together to weed out unnaceptable behavior.

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

I agree. Its understandable. Do you still want me to post the video when you got people admitting to it? I’ve already gotten over it. Just switched to a different borderlands. Just frustrating fighting inside of Garrisson against fewer players, that could keep porting back. Spent a good 40 minutes getting into and fighting in that keep :P

I don’t mind if you post it. I’m curious to see what it looked like from your end. Technically the entirety of the server in our borderland at the time must have waypointed in at some point during that attack.

I’d also like to add, we lost both the Bay keep, and our orb during this assault. We emptied our defenses from the keep to save garrison, but the orb still escaped our grasp as the altar was destroyed.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

(edited by tkalamba.2541)

in WvW

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

Can we stop with this whole pointing fingers thread? Seriously, SoR has a large lead and you all are going to attribute it to being because of hacks, exploits, and stealing guilds? All this quality time spent complaining on these forums can be spent in WvW helping your server win. Instead, somehow people think a crushing defeat would be justified due to underhanded playing? Man up!

I’m not saying that there isn’t people out there who exploit or hack, but in the large scheme of things, it makes little difference. The real problem is the WvW population for SF and DH isn’t even close to what it was last week. Whether that’s because SoR got their act together, or people are taking the week to pursue other goals, or maybe even both I don’t know. But I do know that this thread went from “good game” to “so-and-so guild is cheating.”, and that’s just sad.

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Ptk.2736

Guys check it out, I think i figured it out, let me know what you think. Am i stupid or am i onto something?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/I-think-I-figured-out-how-people-are-Ninja-ing-orbs-and-keeps

I shall clear your names DH and SoR keep ninjas!

in WvW

Ptk.2736

I have failed you. Your names are still tarnished by the accusations of hacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Can we stop with this whole pointing fingers thread? Seriously, SoR has a large lead and you all are going to attribute it to being because of hacks, exploits, and stealing guilds? All this quality time spent complaining on these forums can be spent in WvW helping your server win. Instead, somehow people think a crushing defeat would be justified due to underhanded playing? Man up!

I’m not saying that there isn’t people out there who exploit or hack, but in the large scheme of things, it makes little difference. The real problem is the WvW population for SF and DH isn’t even close to what it was last week. Whether that’s because SoR got their act together, or people are taking the week to pursue other goals, or maybe even both I don’t know. But I do know that this thread went from “good game” to “so-and-so guild is cheating.”, and that’s just sad.

Not many people are even complaining about it. People like Fractal Chaos are coming in and saying we’re complaining about it because they saw one message about it, but in reality, it has only been brought up by a couple of people (and at least 2 of them were only bringing it up to explain something — not to finger point).

I agree though, we need to get away from this finger pointing. With any luck SoR will be in a different match up next week so we can get back to even match ups. SF and Dh should still be a great fight — just don’t think Dh is done with you! We will improve, we will catch you, and we will beat you SoR! Just wait.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

Using a contested waypoint is indeed possible even IF the keep or castle is under constant attack.

When any structure is under attack a dynamic event pops up. For this example we’ll use a keep: “Defend the keep from the attackers” This Dynamic event lasts 3 minutes and if the attackers are still attacking at that time, the dynamic event begins again. You can see the event constantly repeating itself if the structure you are in is under constant attack or bombardment from siege equipment.

HOWEVER, and this is the ‘fine print point’ I’m going to make. During the few seconds that one “Defend” dynamic event ENDS and the subsequent “Defend” dynamic event STARTS again you have a few precious seconds AT THE MOST when the waypoint becomes UNCONTESTED, allowing it’s use to teleport into the keep. If you are unable to take advantage of these few moments you’ll be stuck running to the keep.

As far as I know, this is NOT an exploit. If there is someone of knowledge that can speak to this matter otherwise or provide a link disputing this, then please weigh in as soon as possible.