Stealth Spammers

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

if you havent noticed it’s the same people who defend d/p. a lot of people have already spoken their mind againt stealth spamming and there were even some actual thieves against it.

I’m not defending D/P. Actually I’m against D/P and would love to see black powder nerfed to the ground. Doesn’t change a fact that you are a keyboard turning clicker (thats the lowest possible skill level for mmorpg players in general) and you have no clue what you’re talking about.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

What i don’t get, every other MMO has a PENALTY for being in stealth one that normally reduces movement speed, why is it in this game being in Stealth and taking a trait INCREASES your movement speed….

Not only movement speed, health and initiative regeneration, condition removal, is a free-reset for you. And you can spam it, and you are invisible, not in stealth, you are invisible.

In stealth you shouldn’t can heal, be healed or gain more initiative.

Cant forget Mesmers getting boons every second in stealth too.

a mesmer cant spam stealth. their longest stealth is mass invisibility and thats an elite. i got more respect for mesmers than these d/p thieves.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

if you havent noticed it’s the same people who defend d/p. a lot of people have already spoken their mind againt stealth spamming and there were even some actual thieves against it.

I’m not defending D/P. Actually I’m against D/P and would love to see black powder nerfed to the ground. Doesn’t change a fact that you are a keyboard turning clicker (thats the lowest possible skill level for mmorpg players in general) and you have no clue what you’re talking about.

this is my last reply to you. i dont care about anything you have to say. you havent proven yourself as a better player. if you can show yourself to be on the leaderboards i might reconsider. have a good day.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

this is my last reply to you. i dont care about anything you have to say. you havent proven yourself as a better player. if you can show yourself to be on the leaderboards i might reconsider. have a good day.

Leaderboards lol. There is nothing to prove. I have never claimed that im better then anyone, you did. We all seen your video and someone would need to put much effort into being worse then that.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

>implying keyboard users who click on skills cannot kill anything
>implying the skill level of one equals the skill level of another
>implying those who don’t click on skills are always going to be better

Sorry, felt I needed to point that out.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

stop talking trash. seriously. i play both spirit ranger and zerker ranger in tpvp. do you even know that a zerker ranger is also underpowered in tpvp?

Totally irrelevant to a discussion about stealth spam in WvW.

it takes guts and skills to play that build effectively. you have no knowledge about tpvp at all. meta-builds in tpvp are hambow/condi warriors, spirit ranger, bunker guardian, condi/minion master necro and bunker engi. why don’t you try to play your class in tpvp and see how fast you’d get pawned there.

I do play my thief in PvP, and enjoy a good amount of success. I haven’t commented on PvP because you’re trying to justify a nerf that would only affect WvW significantly, whilst only using anecdotal ‘evidence’ from PvP to back it up. Try to stay on topic OP.

the reason you play thief only in “wvw” is because you know it’s overpowered there.

I haven’t played D/P in WvW since I learned to use D/D, and I don’t use stealth at all these days. Try again.

people in tpvp don’t even care about thieves. thieves are almost useless in tpvp.

I’m well aware of the state of thieves in PvP, but that is totally irrelevant to a discussion about stealth spam in WvW.

people who succeed as thieves in tpvp are really good and know how to play their class really well while people who play thief in wvw are braindead players who continue to abuse stealth and call themselves skillful. pfff…

See, this is the part I object to. You call us brainless, then post a video showing zero skill on your part and call it skilled. When called out, you get all defensive. Fact is, the vast majority of rangers are no skill scrubs like you and you can’t even acknowledge that. Sad really.

me having played tpvp in a long time helped me a lot in killing thieves in wvw 1v1. seriously, you arent one of those professions that i would avoid facing 1v1.

With the way you played in that video, I would.

you cant nuke me with conditions

Yes I can. I just choose not to because it feels cheap. A lot like zerker ranger, actually.

and i can use knockback to avoid your heartseeker spams. i can also dps you to death in seconds before you can react.

I can teleport further than you can shoot. It’s fun to make pointless statements.

so dont go tell me l2p because i dont have any problem dealing with your class. what i’m asking here is a nerf to you stealth spamming ability because it is broken and should not exist in this game. get over yourself.

You’re the one defending a broken argument for a nerf affecting WvW thieves’ survivability with anecdotes on how good you are in PvP. Get over yourself.

Stealth in WvW only really annoys people who feel entitled to the lootbag. Maybe if you stop seeing certain classes as a guaranteed kill, you’d stop getting annoyed when thieves flip you off.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Would be great if any developer come here to tell us why they keep stealth in the current state and why this is “balanced”.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

dude, i just killed a condi/bunker engi on a squishy zerker ranger on that video, not a facerolling spirit ranger. show me a video of you pulling of a same stunt. lol. you guys are pathetic. u will just throw random insults.

Maybe if you brought an argument that is RELEVANT TO WVW instead of prattling on about a completely different game style, I wouldn’t have so much to laugh at you for.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

Hmm yes those who develop good character control habits will always be better players then those who keeps defending their keyboard turning and skill clicking with their mouse. Those who try to claim that you can be good while keyboard turning and skill clicking are full of kitten.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

me having played tpvp in a long time helped me a lot in killing thieves in wvw 1v1. seriously, you arent one of those professions that i would avoid facing 1v1. you cant nuke me with conditions and i can use knockback to avoid your heartseeker spams. i can also dps you to death in seconds before you can react. so dont go tell me l2p because i dont have any problem dealing with your class.

So I’m missing the part where thieves are OP…

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

That is some good advice. I’m going to go watch Blood Sport with Van Damme. He was able to defend himself with his eyes closed. Maybe if I watch it a few more times I could gain the power needed !

Make sure to watch with your eyes closed or it won’t work.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

dude, i just killed a condi/bunker engi on a squishy zerker ranger on that video, not a facerolling spirit ranger. show me a video of you pulling of a same stunt. lol. you guys are pathetic. u will just throw random insults.

Maybe if you brought an argument that is RELEVANT TO WVW instead of prattling on about a completely different game style, I wouldn’t have so much to laugh at you for.

i was just happy i was able to download a screen recorder and posted the 1st video i made. i didnt expect to get immensely insulted. i’m not a techy savvy person and this is the only game i play on my laptop. i play other video games but on my ps3 and vita. i dont need to keybind using a playstation controller so i wouldnt have that much knowledge about keybinding a laptop.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Hmm yes those who develop good character control habits will always be better players then those who keeps defending their keyboard turning and skill clicking with their mouse. Those who try to claim that you can be good while keyboard turning and skill clicking are full of kitten.

You’re full of it. Especially since have you ever thought that maybe I also use the mouse to turn? It’s not impossible to do both.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

i was just happy i was able to download a screen recorder and posted the 1st video i made. i didnt expect to get immensely insulted. i’m not a techy savvy person and this is the only game i play on my laptop. i play other video games but on my ps3 and vita. i dont need to keybind using a playstation controller so i wouldnt have that much knowledge about keybinding a laptop.

Knowledge about keybinding a laptop ? what are u talking about?
Esc/options/control options. Here you go, now you can start learning mmorpg.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

i do use my mouse to turn sometimes but i dont find the need to do it immensely. i would only use it to check if someone is following me.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

frans.8092

Still guessing, because a smart thief is not going to do the obvious thing.

Nah, they’re going to stab at your front anticipating that you’ll make a 180 at precisely the right time. Or, if you’re the moving kind, they’ll just stay put because eventually you’ll be back where you left them. Either that or you’ll dodge straight to where they are. Feint – counter-feint.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

You’re full of it. Especially since have you ever thought that maybe I also use the mouse to turn? It’s not impossible to do both.

Why would i think what do you use to turn? I have/had no argument with you, apparently you do. First off, he doesn’t use mouse to turn. And there is no reason not to use ONLY mouse to turn, there is no use in turn left and right keys on keyboard.
So, do you also click skills with your mouse too ?

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

ryu, you dont have to defend me. i dont want other people to get insulted on my expense. thanks still. i appreciate it.

(edited by Valentin.2073)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

ryu, you dont have to defend me. thanks still. i appreciate it.

Clickers unite!

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

frans.8092

The thief don’t “disengage”, he remain in combat and you too, stealth regenerate a lot of initiative,

No, they don’t, you haven’t played your thief for a while it seems. When traited to they get 2 initiative on entering stealth. Another trait will give them 1 inititative 3 seconds into stealth, and then every 10 seconds.

and they have a lot of health regeneration and condition removal from it.

Oh dear, they’ve imrpved the 30/30/30/30/30 build to a 30/30/40/30/30 build. You can only pick three majors, you already had two for the initiative, now you want two more for condition removal and healing. Maybe you want the regen trait as well, and the blind trait.

You only can guess where they are or when they gonna strike, blowing your aoe damage cooldown in guessing positions. They haven’t CDs.

If you know how to move, they’ll be guessing when you’re turning. And don’t just blow AoE, use them to control their movement (nobody likes running around in circles inside AoE’s).

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

frans.8092

I don’t know much about those consoles but I do have an XBox controller, it might work with guildwars, if that gives you familiar controls it might be worth it. Otherwise, a gamin mouse can really be worth it’s price, they’re just pleasant more to work with then a regular mouse – and a thousand times better then those horrible pads on laptops.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Clickers unite!

Edgiest forum warrior award 2014 contestants have been blown away by the sheer level of narcissism that your posts baseless-ley continue to show! And while defending a silly game mechanic that only idjits abuse!

Congratulations Karolis, I fear for even the next ten months nobody on the forums will show as much angst in their posts as you! Good job!

Next on your forum warrior list, defending warriors combat mobility i take it? Or saying healing signet only need buffs? Perhaps you’re going to say pu isn’t a little strong on mesmer?

I’ll stay tuned, i’m interested to see which you go with!

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

The thief don’t “disengage”, he remain in combat and you too, stealth regenerate a lot of initiative,

No, they don’t, you haven’t played your thief for a while it seems. When traited to they get 2 initiative on entering stealth. Another trait will give them 1 inititative 3 seconds into stealth, and then every 10 seconds.

Oh dear, they’ve imrpved the 30/30/30/30/30 build to a 30/30/40/30/30 build. You can only pick three majors, you already had two for the initiative, now you want two more for condition removal and healing. Maybe you want the regen trait as well, and the blind trait.

You only can guess where they are or when they gonna strike, blowing your aoe damage cooldown in guessing positions. They haven’t CDs.

If you know how to move, they’ll be guessing when you’re turning. And don’t just blow AoE, use them to control their movement (nobody likes running around in circles inside AoE’s).

you just count to 2 seconds and dodge if a thief tried to stealth using black powder and hs. if they used shadow refuge that has an obvious animation, they can stay on stealth for 14 secs. i dont think a lot of people here have that much problem about countering a thief 1v1. it’s about how a thief can spam stealth that annoys us. it’s a broken mechanics and should not exist in this game.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

I don’t know much about those consoles but I do have an XBox controller, it might work with guildwars, if that gives you familiar controls it might be worth it. Otherwise, a gamin mouse can really be worth it’s price, they’re just pleasant more to work with then a regular mouse – and a thousand times better then those horrible pads on laptops.

i will try to look for a gaming mouse. thanks for the suggestion, man. i appreciate it.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

And don’t just blow AoE, use them to control their movement (nobody likes running around in circles inside AoE’s).

How much aoe you think someone have? and how much CD you think another class have in their abilities?

Still guessing. The best L2P from thief-permastealth-lovers is guessing and bet your CDs and skills in where you SUPPOSE the thief is. That is not a counter, that is not a l2p.

Invisibility spamming is toxic for ANY game. Discuss against it is like discuss the shape of the earth in the 21century. Is so obvious why a perma-invisiblity is toxic and broken for a game…

A lot, A LOT of thief need to learn to play without that insanely broken d/p combo. Like many thief does.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

you just count to 2 seconds and dodge if a thief tried to stealth using black powder and hs. if they used shadow refuge that has an obvious animation, they can stay on stealth for 14 secs. i dont think a lot of people here have that much problem about countering a thief 1v1. it’s about how a thief can spam stealth that annoys us. it’s a broken mechanics and should not exist in this game.

So now it sounds like you’re saying that it’s clearly not over powered, just annoying…

Man if we want to talk about annoying things in this game that will be a long list.

LGN

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

frans.8092

you just count to 2 seconds and dodge if a thief tried to stealth using black powder and hs.

Whatever works for you.

i dont think a lot of people here have that much problem about countering a thief 1v1.

Then that is not a problem

it’s about how a thief can spam stealth that annoys us. it’s a broken mechanics and should not exist in this game.

It puts player against player rather then build against build. From a build against build, mechanic-counter-mechanic point of view that might be seen as ‘broken’.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It’s the ‘trolliest’ troll thread I have ever seen.
‘I know good thieves in tpvp, blah, blah, they’re my buddies.’ -> ‘Thief is worthless in tpvp and only some can play it well.’
I assume that only your buddies can play a thief well in tpvp?
‘Stealth OP!’ -> ‘I beat thieves in 1v1 ones all the time. 90% of thieves are baddies that I always kill’
So is it OP or UP?
Make up your mind since across 9 pages you contradcit yourself over and over again. Also, I am shocked that noone from NA has offered to duel you in PvP/WvW yet.

And to add to what Geiir said. D/P thieves are easily countered in WvW. Unlike on DD they give huge indicator to their stealth skills. Also, you can just run away from them (not flee from the fight itself) – they cannot follow you and maintain stealth because the amount of ini does’t allow it. Pro tip for the end: grow some balls and take a backstab to the back from time to time. With mediocre toughness it will be about 6k and you can cnd of them afterwards.

EDIT: Before someone says that dp thief can disengage at will. All the classes but necro are capable of doing it.

actually i offered him to duel me but he refuses

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

So now it sounds like you’re saying that it’s clearly not over powered, just annoying…

Man if we want to talk about annoying things in this game that will be a long list.

well, bp+hs gives a thief a free out of battle card too if they wish to disengage. as a ranger i dont have that ability to disengage when i’m getting ganked by three players. i could only stealth using my longbow (i need to hit someone to pull it off) and use RAO and hope i get far enough from my pursuers. it’s not fair that a certain class can disengage much better that most of the other professions.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

0/30/30 and D/P is all you need. SA V and CS 15 is all you need to keep your initiative up. And spam stealth at your will without risk or needed to melee or land a hit.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

No really, how does this thread still exist? Are the mods on vacation? Or is there some kind of “anti-mod” Jedi mind trick?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

Since our almighty, undisputed Prince Valentin is challenging people for duels himself I can see two outcomes:
1) ‘I made you wipe the floor off! Told you are a skill-less scrub!’
2) “You defeated me with your disgraceful thief-tricks that are, obviously, unfair and I stood no chance to win whatsoever! Hence, I treat it as a proof that my argument is valid!”

Put me right if I’m wrong but you say that you can wipe any thief and any decent player can do so, but you find fighting them ‘annoying’ so you want thieves nerfed to the ground?

And honest advice here: look how some streamers bind keys to improve efficiency Default ones are really hard to reach most of the time and result in bad reaction time.

I think that whoever claims that thieves are superuberextraop should post a clip, showing how they got owned despite being as good players as they claim they are and doing their utmost. From what I can see, everyone in this forum is a pro that never gets outplayed.

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

(edited by scabrous.7835)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

No really, how does this thread still exist? Are the mods on vacation? Or is there some kind of “anti-mod” Jedi mind trick?

Yes, lets hide the bad design bs beneath the carpet.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

frans.8092

I see frans you still there but you don’t answer the simple question.

Sorry, I didn’t ralize a question was asked, might have gotten swamped in all the posts.

With mmos allow players to SPAM stealth in fight like in gw2?.

Neverwinter allows it, even has permastealth
I expect other D&D based MMO’s to have in-combat stealth as well. Other people have pointed at yet other MMO’s, but I forgot them.

The fact about gw2 is that this game have some serious balance issues. Thief ability to SPAM stealth (especially in wvsw) is one of them, and need be fixed asap.

Handling stealth – on both sides – is a player thing, not a build thing. Most half decent players can give you a rough time landing a C&D and then getting a stealth attack in. I don’t think they’ll want to remove the player part, though balance should be such that both sides can handle it in a balance way.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Since our almighty, undisputed Prince Valentin is challenging people for duels himself I can see two outcomes:
1) ‘I made you wipe the floor off! Told you are a skill-less scrub!’
2) “You defeated me with your disgraceful thief-tricks that are, obviously, unfair and I stood no chance to win whatsoever! Hence, I treat it as a proof that my argument is valid!”

Put me right if I’m wrong but you say that you can wipe any thief and any decent player can do so, but you find fighting them ‘annoying’ so you want thieves nerfed to the ground?

And honest advice here: look how some streamers bind keys to improve efficiency Default ones are really hard to reach most of the time and result in bad reaction time.

I think that whoever claims that thieves are superuberextraop should post a clip, showing how they got owned despite being as good players as they claim they are and doing their utmost. From what I can see, everyone in this forum is a pro that never gets outplayed.

i actually offered him to roll a thief and fight me while i would be using common build/class….he doesn’t want to

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

well, bp+hs gives a thief a free out of battle card too if they wish to disengage. as a ranger i dont have that ability to disengage when i’m getting ganked by three players. i could only stealth using my longbow (i need to hit someone to pull it off) and use RAO and hope i get far enough from my pursuers. it’s not fair that a certain class can disengage much better that most of the other professions.

So now it’s OP because it let’s them run away? Can you decide what it that you actually want to complain about please?

You don’t have that ability to disengage because of the build you are running. Use your cc’s and add some swiftness. Through natures voice you can give yourself perma regen and swiftness. It sucks that it takes rangers 30 trait points to get something that is so much easier for other professions *cough warrior cough, but that is because rangers need to be reworked bad.

LGN

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

So now it’s OP because it let’s them run away? Can you decide what it that you actually want to complain about please?

You don’t have that ability to disengage because of the build you are running. Use your cc’s and add some swiftness. Through natures voice you can give yourself perma regen and swiftness. It sucks that it takes rangers 30 trait points to get something that is so much easier for other professions *cough warrior cough, but that is because rangers need to be reworked bad.

yeah, you’re right i need to change my build to be able to do that while you just need to use a certain weapon set. it’s really fair, dude. i get you.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Karolis.4261

Clickers unite!

Edgiest forum warrior award 2014 contestants have been blown away by the sheer level of narcissism that your posts baseless-ley continue to show! And while defending a silly game mechanic that only idjits abuse!

Congratulations Karolis, I fear for even the next ten months nobody on the forums will show as much angst in their posts as you! Good job!

Next on your forum warrior list, defending warriors combat mobility i take it? Or saying healing signet only need buffs? Perhaps you’re going to say pu isn’t a little strong on mesmer?

I’ll stay tuned, i’m interested to see which you go with!

Well thank you dear sir.
And im not defending anything. From how this topic rolls on, now they say its D/P to blame for all the “annoying so has to be nerfed” stuff. And I fully agree, same for warriors mobility and healing signet, also for pu mesmers. What I dont agree is when player w/o any actual ability to play a game comes to forums and starts saying this op that op (in this situation he don’t even claim it being op, its just annoying for him so has to be nerfed).

(edited by Karolis.4261)

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

This is how you fight Thieves after they cast blinding powder: http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m17s

What an impeccable gameplay design.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

yeah, you’re right i need to change my build to be able to do that while you just need to use a certain weapon set. it’s really fair, dude. i get you.

First off I have already stated several times that I don’t even have a fully leveled thief. I made one and played it in WvW to better understand how to fight them.

Secondly….. No, you know what, keep doing what you are doing. Just play your zerk ranger and expect the game to change to make things easier for you rather than adjusting your build to overcome things you are having problems with

LGN

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

First off I have already stated several times that I don’t even have a fully leveled thief. I made one and played it in WvW do better understand how to fight them.

Secondly….. No, you know what, keep doing what you are doing. Just play your zerk ranger and expect the game to change to make things easier for you rather than adjusting your build to overcome things you are having problems with

you dont see this type of argument from the pvp subforums AT ALL. people dont go tell somebody to change their build to counter a class. you are only making yourself obvious that you are defending something broken.

this is like me playing a spirit ranger telling a power ranger to change his build so i couldnt faceroll him anymore. lol

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

First off I have already stated several times that I don’t even have a fully leveled thief. I made one and played it in WvW do better understand how to fight them.

you dont see this type of argument from the pvp subforums AT ALL. people dont go tell somebody to change their build to counter a class. you are only making yourself obvious that you are defending something broken.

What game are you playing… no that’s not right, how do you live your life if you don’t adapt to problems to find solutions? If you try pulling on a door that you need to push to open do you just sit down and cry until someone opens the door for you?

LGN

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

And you keep saying broken. I don’t think that word means what you think it means. You can’t even decide what the problem with stealth is. They are to hard to kill.. but I kill them all! They can run away and I can’t… I mean I could but it’s not fair that I should have to change my build to do it!

LGN

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

What game are you playing… no that’s not right, how do you live your life if you don’t adapt to problems to find solutions? If you try pulling on a door that you need to push to open do you just sit down and cry until someone opens the door for you?

i’m talking about class balance and you say crap like that. is this how people in wvw think? so much lameness.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

i’m talking about class balance and you say crap like that. is this how people in wvw think? so much lameness.

Lameness? You aren’t making a coherent argument much less a valid one. You are playing a class that anet has admitted is broken because it is so tied into the broken pets, but you say you still have no problem killing thieves using the build you call op.

Do you understand why this doesn’t make sense? If not I don’t know what else to say to you because I am breaking this down as simply as I can.

LGN

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Eloquence.5207

The convenience to engage-disengage + spammability + everything else tied up with stealth (condition removal, hp regen, initiative regen, speed increase, backstab damage) all together adds up to a broken mechanic.

The effort-reward scale is tilted and off-balance.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

a mesmer cant spam stealth. their longest stealth is mass invisibility and thats an elite. i got more respect for mesmers than these d/p thieves.

Your definition of “spam” may vary.

A Mesmer still got ~30s of stealth every minute if he trait it.

Considering a fight is often over quicker than that, then yes I would call it spamming.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Valentin.2073

Considering a fight is often over quicker than that, then yes I would call it spamming.

30 sec of stealth? lol. what are you talking about? a mesmer can only have 6 sec of stealth once they traited for prismatic undertanding and thats from 5 sec to 6 sec. they can only get that by using Mass Invisibility which is an elite skill and has a 90 sec cd. a thief can stealth for 14 sec using shadow refuge that has a 60 sec cd.

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The convenience to engage-disengage + spammability + everything else tied up with stealth (condition removal, hp regen, initiative regen, speed increase, backstab damage) all together adds up to a broken mechanic.

The effort-reward scale is tilted and off-balance.

^^ This but you have to also consider WvW terrain, food buffs and such which compound the problem. In Tpvp, although still broken, it is pretty balanced, you don’t have an abundance of stats or consumables to inflate offensive power. You are also force to fight in tiny little circles on the ground, it makes it a lot easier to anticipate a thief’s movements compared to the vast open fields of the borderlands.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Stealth Spammers

in WvW

Eloquence.5207

30 sec of stealth? lol. what are you talking about? a mesmer can only have 6 sec of stealth once they traited for prismatic undertanding and thats from 5 sec to 6 sec. they can only get that by using Mass Invisibility which is an elite skill and has a 90 sec cd. a thief can stealth for 14 sec using shadow refuge that has a 60 sec cd.

Dude, iMage is such a great threat! That Phantasm deals MASSIVE DAMAGE
Just cast it and watch the AI wreck everything! XD

Amirite?