Stealth and Finishers

Stealth and Finishers

in WvW

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

Stealthing is the only defense against an invulnerability stomp. Keep it as it is.

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

Stealth and Finishers

in WvW

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Please make it so we can finish opponents through stealth, I am sick and tired of having my hard earned kills stolen because some trolling thief comes along and drops a refuge that gives 15s of stealth, all that effort fighting gone to waste so they can run off after being safely rezzed. By the time the stealth comes of they have a ton of range between. This is ridiculous, if thieves can perform a finisher through stealth, we should be able to finish enemies while they are stealthed, its not like their body moved…

Let me clear up some confusion-
If you activate a finisher, then your downed opponent is stealthed, the finisher should still go through and kill the downed opponent. So long as the finisher is activated before the stealth is applied to your opponent.

You could just…..you know……keep hitting them and probably down the thief at the same time.

If a thief drops a shadow refuge, they’ve now confined themselves to that small area till the skill ends. Just blow that area up.

The only way you’ll ever get true fairness is if PVP could only happen 1 vs 1, and we only have one class.

That would be boring as kitten.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Stealth and Finishers

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Please dont use this post to troll and flame, please be constructive.

He is, you aren’t. Your version of ‘being constructive’ is synonymous to ‘agreeing with you’. Which isn’t a constructive attitude on a forum.

Stealth and Finishers

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

This is coming from the perspective of the stomper vs the stompee and visa versa. It’s already implemented into the game that channeled skills can hit someone so why not a finisher as well?

It appears to be intentional.

It’s not like the ones who are downed are completely out of options on their own like knockdowns teleports etc.

Some downed skills show that the way stealth currently interrupts stomping works is intended.

… it doesn’t seem fair that you can stomp from stealth but not stomp someone in it given the above mentioned situation.

There are many skills you can not use against someone in stealth and not all channeling skills continues.

Stealth and Finishers

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

In most cases, where an enemy Thief tries to shadow refuge resurrect his downed ally, I manage to down the Thief as well, or push him away, or pull him away or fear him out, depending on what profession I use myself.

I get your frustration with the issue, because it has happened to me too. Especially when Thieves team up and do that on each other, if necessary. However it can be beaten and works as intended. I do not see the need for it to change.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Stealth and Finishers

in WvW

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Please stay on topic, the point is stealth and finishers, not about thieves and their balancing or how to fight them. I know Im not the only one who thinks stealth is ridiculously overabused, why should we fight hard just to lose kills because a refuge can be dropped and we lose a chance to drop a finisher. If you can use a finisher in stealth, why shouldnt we be able to use a finisher on an enemy stealthed after the finisher has been activated

Why are people like you so blinkered and tunnel visioned? You do realise other classes have utilities where they can run up and insta raise your “hard earned kill” and then both smash your face in, at least with SR you get a chance to cleave the area and use CC’s in the SR spot.

All downed skills on any class are useless against a thief who is in stealth, and who can merrily waltz his way to you and finish you without any chance of you hitting him or preventing it.

If you think a thief can’t be hit in stealth, then this is an l2p issue.

Let’s even the playing field a bit and make downed thiefs unable to be stealthed by other players, and make none of their downed skills work, so players can waltz in and finish them. (q thiefs moaning about it, as they wouldn’t like their mechanic to work the same as others have it).

As others have it? What, you mean invulnerable stomping like mist form, diversion shatter or Elixir S? or stealth stomps from PU mesmers? or stability stomps? Sure, give thieves all that, sounds good.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

Stealth and Finishers

in WvW

Posted by: abclemons.7093

abclemons.7093

Please stay on topic, the point is stealth and finishers, not about thieves and their balancing or how to fight them. I know Im not the only one who thinks stealth is ridiculously overabused, why should we fight hard just to lose kills because a refuge can be dropped and we lose a chance to drop a finisher. If you can use a finisher in stealth, why shouldnt we be able to use a finisher on an enemy stealthed after the finisher has been activated

Why are people like you so blinkered and tunnel visioned? You do realise other classes have utilities where they can run up and insta raise your “hard earned kill” and then both smash your face in, at least with SR you get a chance to cleave the area and use CC’s in the SR spot.

Unfortunately, this. My mesmer (illusion of life, not elite) and warrior (elite banner) both have skills to insta-raise downed. My ele has an revive glyph (never used, not elite). We get a little too fixated on stealth in these forums.

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |
Koffix [xxx] (all the rest)
[Phnx] Phoenix Rises from the Ashes | Crystal Desert

Stealth and Finishers

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

there needs to be counters to everything in order to make the game engaging and fair.

yes like all the counters to stealth which are… 1-2 revealed skills when they are OUT of stealth?
typical thief rambling on this thread.

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

Stealth and Finishers

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Nah.. There’s nothing wrong with team play. If a thief wants to use a long CD utility to have a chance of ressing their teammate (as well a a good chance he will get AoEed down while doing it) then I see no issue with that.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold