Stealth and Speed Hacks in WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

First google search yielded this: [Release] Guild Wars 2 Multi Hack [UNF] Trainer

Someone confirm this. Anet please rectify. These hack are getting more obvious everyday.

Just saw a mesmer climbing over walls to port people into keeps. This is in gold league, happened 2 hours ago.

If you think this is bad, 3 ppl just soloed a T3 tower champ with door intact and I am inside.No idea how they get there since there is no mesmer .Their dmg is so high or should I say fast that the champ goes down within 10sec. The minute I attacked them, they disappear (I believe they panic as there is no way I can win against that “skill”)

I’m also noted of the lack of timestamp in combat log in this game. I get daggered by ONE THIEF in 2sec(maybe it 1 sec) with a whole string of auto-attack but I dont see the point to post it as there is no way to prove that the thief hit all these 16 attack in 2sec.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in WvW

Posted by: Elrithium.4015

Elrithium.4015

eerrrrrrmmmm…. there is a item called shadow legion tool kit……… yes is bought using karma and u can stealth for a short while using it……..

Is this still around? As I could not find any information on it. Found the ash legion spy kit which grants 10s of stealth, you have to stay in place to remain camouflaged but cannot be used in WvW.

I bought lots of them when it was useful in dungeons… So I still got them… Never tested on wvw cus I run with zergs…
Come to the think of it my guildy n myself ran into this warrior some wks back that is invul for a good 30++ secs… Condition dmg n disables did nothing to him for the whole duration but when he sees a few more players coming he fled but the whole he received no damage what so ever… Btw my guildy was on his necro n I’m on my mesmer…

(edited by Elrithium.4015)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

First google search yielded this: [Release] Guild Wars 2 Multi Hack [UNF] Trainer

Someone confirm this. Anet please rectify. These hack are getting more obvious everyday.

Just saw a mesmer climbing over walls to port people into keeps. This is in gold league, happened 2 hours ago.

If you think this is bad, 3 ppl just soloed a T3 tower champ with door intact and I am inside.No idea how they get there since there is no mesmer .Their dmg is so high or should I say fast that the champ goes down within 10sec. The minute I attacked them, they disappear (I believe they panic as there is no way I can win against that “skill”)

I’m also noted of the lack of timestamp in combat log in this game. I get daggered by ONE THIEF in 2sec(maybe it 1 sec) with a whole string of auto-attack but I dont see the point to post it as there is no way to prove that the thief hit all these 16 attack in 2sec.

disgusting

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

shadow legion tool kit

Is this still around?

No. Nearly all of the PvE/karma weapon bundles have been disabled in WvW since approx. Jan/Feb (saying that, I don’t know of one that does work – but you never know).

I have seen people getting more and more daring with hacks since the leagues started (having almost never seen it before the leagues). Flying golems, impossible spam attacks, speed. It’s definitely a problem. It’s also usually the servers that don’t participate on these forums.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in WvW

Posted by: Elrithium.4015

Elrithium.4015

kitten … Doing it on roamers is 1 thing but flying golems!!?? I bet it’s funny at 1st sight but when it strikes I bet everyone would be kitten ed… Admins should fly around often stealthed…. And often….

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Haven’t read much of this, but I’ve had people in downed state that you cannot damage or use F to finish them. 2 or 3 people that I’ve come across – one guy in particular that we faced multiple times one night – the same thing kept happening – he would go into downed state and we could not damage or use F key – eventually he died, but this kept happening over and over again.

Yes, there are speed hacks going on – one guardian in particular seemed to have the ability to port great distances and up onto higher ground without any issues. I would be chasing and the next minute he’s up on a ledge 50 feet away – not even a thief/warrior can make that sort of a distance, especially up a ledge.

There are some fishy characters playing this game, but at least sleep well knowing that they are so bad they had to resort to these sorts of tactics to win.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Yeah, been seeing people port up hill as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

It is indeed a hack. Its been around for awhile. We’ve tried telling Anet about it before, big shock, they still haven’t done anything about it. It’s called midnight, it lets you teleport, stealth, fly, 1 hit kill someone, and a bunch of other nasty things. So yeah….the more you know.

in WvW

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

Why were you chasing a solo ele with your 5 man group? :<

cuz they sucks. And ele is the least power class in pvp in this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Liete.5263

Liete.5263

So I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here:

Something strange has happened to me about two days ago. I was fighting a bunch of players near SN. I (Mesmer) got downed and hit one of the Sentries nearby in hope the opposing players would kill it and rally me.

Long story short, I was certain that the plan executed perfectly. I rallied and got away. Then in I noticed: I rallied with full HP at the exact second I would have been stomped. Thought I was ressed by the rally, but that would not have gotten me on my feet with 100% HP.

Would a banner rez get me up with 100% Health?

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Don’t know if this is connected to the stealth hack or not, but I was battling one on one with a warrior this morning when I lost the ability to target him, then he vanished, 5ish secs later he reappeard but i couldn’t target him and my skill buttons refused to work, they all flashed but nothing happened, my pet was also missing. At first I thought it was a hack, but this warrior was moving as though he was looking for me. For a couple of minutes all I could do was move. The warrior moved off and I set of towards a camp, when all my skills went of at once, the skill buttons were still flashing up to this point. Don’t know if it’s a bug or my old PC? But maybe this is happening to others and both sides think the other is using a hack.

Yea, this is a connection issue. This happens when your internet connection gets really intermittent or laggy. I have had that issue where it feels like nothing is happening, and then I get ported to random spots that the server thinks I am, even though I went elsewhere on my local client. You are also unable to use skills, until it reconnects right and then they all spam out simultaneously. Enemies also move around erratically, and if somehow the server instance of you gets caught, enjoy a quick 100-0% as you think “What the…?” This doesn’t sound like a hack.

Long story short, I was certain that the plan executed perfectly. I rallied and got away. Then in I noticed: I rallied with full HP at the exact second I would have been stomped. Thought I was ressed by the rally, but that would not have gotten me on my feet with 100% HP.

Would a banner rez get me up with 100% Health?

Did you level up? I have gotten a few “clutch” level-ups when a guard/environmental guy dies. Always feels like you won the lottery.

However, I have been hit with quite a few attacks that are WAY faster than they should be (many guardians seem to be spin2winning in less than half a second, giving them burst greater than a BS thief).

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Oh this is it, what I’ve been seeing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIvvPw1_em4#t=120

Also came across 2 stealth hacks this week.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

GMs in Final Fantasy XI would often act as regular players, not displaying their status as GMs, and blend into ‘linkshells’ (think ‘guilds’) and listen for talks of hacks or sharing third party software that’s against their TOS.

Final Fantasy XI’s GMs would also do as was suggested a few posts up and monitor various large scale events and instances — while invisible to regular players — for unusual server activity and inconsistencies.

There was also a particular ‘puzzle’ that could only be completed by the use of speed hacks/position hacks. Anyone who completed that puzzle was instantly banned. People caught on quick, though.

Square-Enix’s GMs weren’t perfect, but they did more to solve this problem. Take notes, ArenaNet.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in WvW

KOK.2650

PS: You are not suppose to post any link on hack. May get temp banned. Please remove it.
From someone who get banned before.

Oh today I unload a full rapid fire cycle on a solo ranger. Dmg is 15k total . His hp never ever drop below 90% with no regen.
This is what I find: Google GW2 hack god mode…. and I thought speed hack is bad enough

Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

(edited by KOK.2650)

in WvW

McWolfy.5924

http://youtu.be/K67cD6QNavU
My friend did this video. the thief used perma unload and that teleport stuff. and the end of the video the little asura went down but teleported away somewhere…

Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Haven’t read much of this, but I’ve had people in downed state that you cannot damage or use F to finish them. 2 or 3 people that I’ve come across – one guy in particular that we faced multiple times one night – the same thing kept happening – he would go into downed state and we could not damage or use F key – eventually he died, but this kept happening over and over again.

This is not a cheat. It just means their connection is terrible and they died a few feet away from where you see them. You try stomping but it just misses. The only way to deal with it is to walk around a bit and the stomp will work. If that fails, just use a ranged attack because it will seek towards where he really is (leaps, etc. also work as they will show you where the person really is)

There is also no “speed” cheat that lets you use skills super fast. This usually occurs when there’s been a huge fight on the map for a while and there’s massive skill lag. After the fight is over everyone on the map seems to receive a “frenzy” and can use skills really fast. It’s happened a few times to me and it was indeed funny seeing my thief machine gun his shortbow or my guardian use his staff number 1 super fast.

The only cheats the exist that I know of in this game involve the ones that trick the server about your position. These are the “teleport” cheaters that you see. If in trouble you’ll spot them teleport 10 feet away from you at a time really fast.

There are obvious cheaters and more subtle ones. The subtle cheaters I’ve been seeing recently are the ones that teleport back to home base when they’ve been downed. You don’t get credit for the kill or any loot bag. The reason why I know they’ve teleported back to main is because I’ve downed these people and as I’m leaping towards them with my sword while they are in the downed position all of a sudden they vanish and my character in mid air turns towards their main base as if to track to their new position.

I’m 99.9% sure that they are no cheats that let you deal extra damage since that’s something handled server side.

(edited by EvilSardine.9635)

in WvW

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Last week I was roaming around the ruins in my own borderlands. It was in the middle of the night and the place was basically deserted. While capping a few ruins I noticed a guy from my own server flying/teleporting in the sky going from ruin to ruin. When he spotted me he immediately dropped down and pretended everything was normal.

I reported him for botting. Although I don’t think that botting is the right term for it (Arenanet should add another report function for hacks). Unfortunately when I was playing yesterday I still saw him playing. Which probably means he will get away with hacking.

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I know from things I have read and videos I have seen that there is an “anti death” cheat available that teleports players to an area of the map when downed. But as for stealth hacks I have not seen any related videos or read anything that would indicate there is a stealth hack. That said, I have seen some very unusual things that would suggest there is such a thing. Its just a little unusual though, that I have not seen any major hack sites advertising such a thing when these things appears to be happening very frequently. If it was rare to see, then sure, it could be a hack that is private. But on the scale I am seeing these things (how often) it would indicate a public hack.

All of this aside, I have noticed recently in larger scale fights that players are disappearing so to speak. I know my stuff and I know the tell tale signs of stealth utilization. I do believe that Anet may have made some changes here recently. Its very similar to culling and players not rendering. I have my settings to max players so this shouldn’t be happening and hasn’t been happening in the past but seems something a little while back changed here.

in WvW

KOK.2650

I know from things I have read and videos I have seen that there is an “anti death” cheat available that teleports players to an area of the map when downed. But as for stealth hacks I have not seen any related videos or read anything that would indicate there is a stealth hack. That said, I have seen some very unusual things that would suggest there is such a thing. Its just a little unusual though, that I have not seen any major hack sites advertising such a thing when these things appears to be happening very frequently. If it was rare to see, then sure, it could be a hack that is private. But on the scale I am seeing these things (how often) it would indicate a public hack.

No CD hack, God mode hack, stealth hack, CD hack
Just google them. It is public and easily downloadable. Some of the software is free.

It is so easy to find so I wonder if you really go searching for them.
PS: Under Tos, I can’t link them

Midnight hack software allow user to go undergnd.
You can still see them, you can still target them but you can’t hit them.
There is a video on how it is done.
I think this guy forgot to turn his hack off since he did die in the end.

Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

(edited by KOK.2650)

in WvW

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

Many of what you report sound like Runes, spells, traits, etc.

I am not discounting your speed hack claims, I know they are happening in WvW but usually they are very obvious.

For example my entire guild witnessed a solo Omega Golem speed hacking and fighting us at Hills. He would attack the walls, then us. He would then run away—blinking away (only way I can describe it as he seemed to just skip across the ground)—faster than anyone in our zerge could even follow. He would then come blinking back and attack us and the wall a couple of times and then take off faster than any of us could follow. We would chase but he would quickly out distance us and then turn around move back into us, attack, turn around and blink away again—all over a two or three minute period. Understand this was an omega golem. Our whole guild reported him. So yes I know it can happen. But I have been playing a long time and this is the only sure hack I have seen.

thief can kind of do something like that. it they shoot infiltrator’s arrow & hop in the golem as soon as the arrow leaves the bow, the golem will shadowstep. however it is a bit awkward and I have a very hard time seeing how you could get any separation from chasers even if traited for initiative gain unless they are very slow. though I guess you could get 25% movement from full Travelers runes. or perma swiftness from full centaur runes+sig of malice spam+"signet use" trait. he’d have to rapidly keep getting into and out of the golem to shoot the arrow and/or apply swiftness.

in WvW

KOK.2650

thief can kind of do something like that. it they shoot infiltrator’s arrow & hop in the golem as soon as the arrow leaves the bow, the golem will shadowstep. however it is a bit awkward and I have a very hard time seeing how you could get any separation from chasers even if traited for initiative gain unless they are very slow. though I guess you could get 25% movement from full Travelers runes. or perma swiftness from full centaur runes+sig of malice spam+"signet use" trait. he’d have to rapidly keep getting into and out of the golem to shoot the arrow and/or apply swiftness.

Have you try it before or you are just theorycrafting. On my thief right now playing with a spawn golem , I have not succeeded in doing it. So do you need to do it in combat mode?
Oh, Swiftness don’t apply in golem mode. Immediately after u jump inside, the buff disappear. (actually all buffs disappear) +25% movement speed don’t work in golem as well.

Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Cheating is stull abundant. I dont want to smear a whole server as its often single players or small groups of close players that do this and rarely a server-wide issue (altough it has been).

Just two nights ago a Thief managed to break into inner-Bay despite it being a fairly small place that got an intesive sweep. Disregarding that as “ow you missed him he was perma-stealthing. You just didnt see the puffs of smoke”. He later, when chased out of inner bay into the water, managed to teleport back into the inner. At this point all walls and doors were up and fully repaired.

Harder to determine was wether or not he was teleporting. Thieves have a high innate mobility, but this was a bit absurd even for a thief. But due to stealth (one of the reason hackers prefer to play Thief) its very hard to tell.

Unfortunatly arenanet neglected a proper reporting system, and doesnt oversee matchups. The way they setup their system, where the client actually handles a lot, invites hacking and exploiting while being virtually undetectable for arenanet.

in WvW

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

As a side note, we really should start calling those people cheaters instead of hackers, since all they did was download a programe and double clicked on it, whereas all the hacking was done by the sole hacker who wrote the programe in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Goel.9127

Goel.9127

I hate hacks.

If you’ve posted a name of a hack, or a link to a hack, please remove that info, it’s against the ToS.

We don’t want anyone getting any ideas.

80 Guardian
Founder, “Free Buff Movement” [BUFF], BG

(edited by Goel.9127)

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

eerrrrrrmmmm…. there is a item called shadow legion tool kit……… yes is bought using karma and u can stealth for a short while using it……..

Is this still around? As I could not find any information on it. Found the ash legion spy kit which grants 10s of stealth, you have to stay in place to remain camouflaged but cannot be used in WvW.

I bought lots of them when it was useful in dungeons… So I still got them… Never tested on wvw cus I run with zergs…
Come to the think of it my guildy n myself ran into this warrior some wks back that is invul for a good 30++ secs… Condition dmg n disables did nothing to him for the whole duration but when he sees a few more players coming he fled but the whole he received no damage what so ever… Btw my guildy was on his necro n I’m on my mesmer…

Been in battles before too with the opposing player taking almost no damage from long bow, short bow & pet combined before being 2 hit killed. Just assumed they had a superior survivability build.
hard to distinguish between highly skilled players & ones that could potentially be cheating – for me at least.

How long before GW2 ends up introducing anti cheat measures like punkbuster? Always got a lot of hilarity out watching people being booted for whatever hack they were trying to play with in battlefield 3

(edited by johnnymiller.5968)

in WvW

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

yea I constantly run into players that are ‘unkillable’. Or Players that can stun lock you (even when you have stability up for 5seconds). Or my fav, watching Players walk through Mountains/Hills to get away from you. OR watch a Mesmer Teleport on top of a keep’s walls that is not yours, then portal in their zerg of 60.

SO, yea. there is a fair amount of cheating going on. I just hope Anet gets around to a proper detection system before the end of this messed up season they started.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Have you try it before or you are just theorycrafting. On my thief right now playing with a spawn golem , I have not succeeded in doing it. So do you need to do it in combat mode?

You get in while arrow in mid flight. Yes I’ve seen it actually done.

Oh, Swiftness don’t apply in golem mode. Immediately after u jump inside, the buff disappear. (actually all buffs disappear)

If you enter the golem with 3 buff you will lose 2 of them. Try with warrior SOR.

+25% movement speed don’t work in golem as well.

Trait/signet doesn’t. Traveler’s runes do if it hasn’t been fixed.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

Oh, Swiftness don’t apply in golem mode. Immediately after u jump inside, the buff disappear. (actually all buffs disappear) +25% movement speed don’t work in golem as well.

I have done the shadowstep thing after a guildie told me how to do it. It’s tricky but doable as long as you jump in golem the split-second after you shoot the infiltrator’s arrow. You have to get in the golem before the arrow hits the ground. Aim the arrow as far away as range will allow.

As for the swiftness, Im just theorizing. figured it would work since others can give you swiftness while you’re in golem. I don’t really spend much time in them. I read somewhere that the traveler’s rune speed boost does work in golems, but haven’t verified.

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I can confirm these runes still work.

in WvW

KOK.2650

I can confirm these runes still work.

I have it on my thief, it don’t give 25% that for sure.I am not sure how much of a boost it give. Maybe 5-6 or 10%?

I have done the shadowstep thing after a guildie told me how to do it. It’s tricky but doable as long as you jump in golem the split-second after you shoot the infiltrator’s arrow. You have to get in the golem before the arrow hits the ground. Aim the arrow as far away as range will allow.

In lag combat situation maybe, certainly not doable in spawn. You get ported when the arrow fire , not when it hit the gnd or whatever target. The porting is calculated local side while the attack(dmg , arrow flying) is done on server.

This is how the hacks works. It modified the local calculation while leaving server side alone.

Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

(edited by KOK.2650)

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

The worst hack by far is the instakill one. Just outright kills you. no downstate or anything, just dead. You see some inconsequential damage in our combat log like 4 or something low like that and wonder what the hell happened. Necros seem to like this one a lot. I guess cuz they assume the condition spamming would hide the fact they’re using a hack since cond damage wont show up in the combat log. its hard to catch them doing it. But when you have melandru runes, lemongrass food, and berserkers stance activated, a necro isn’t gonna drop you in a split second from full health to completely dead. Caught a guardian using the instakill cheat as well. Hit me for 0 thanks to endure pain, and I just dropped dead. That was far more obvious than the one with the necro, that guy was just plain stupid for thinking that wouldn’t be noticed.

in WvW

McWolfy.5924

in wvw the flying mesmers and forever full init thieves, speed hack golems make the most truble. (and zoom hack AC, but sometimes that just an exploit)

Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

The Norn race can stealth with the snow leopard elite skill. I’ve been noticing speed hack use more these days though.

Norn racial also offers a 4 second ‘dash’ at about 400% speed. It’s a very nice escape IF you remember to clear your target and don’t mind hitting trees at 200mph.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

The Norn race can stealth with the snow leopard elite skill. I’ve been noticing speed hack use more these days though.

Norn racial also offers a 4 second ‘dash’ at about 400% speed. It’s a very nice escape IF you remember to clear your target and don’t mind hitting trees at 200mph.

Ha, yeah I’m aware of that one. It’s just that I’ve been noticing things like players constantly popping ahead in combat when all parties involved have swiftness and gap closing skills while the questionable player is simply just running and increasing the gap. Another one that is subtle is the jump height cheat, the player can parkour their way out of a jam, it seems legit until you try to continue the chase and faceplant.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Theyre almost never going to be able to fix speed hacks. Because of the way everythings run, when its reported back to the server it appears as just “lag” not an actual hack.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in WvW

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Things that you’re describing don’t exist. Thieves and classes with speed buffs…

Are you Shpongled?

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

I hate hacks.If you’ve posted a name of a hack, or a link to a hack, please remove that info, it’s against the ToS.

Name and shame videos and screenshots are also against the ToS.

What we really need is a way to directly send links of videos and screenshots to ANet; there-by avoiding the public humiliation aspect of it while still giving them proof of the hacking.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

PS: You are not suppose to post any link on hack. May get temp banned. Please remove it.
From someone who get banned before.

Oh today I unload a full rapid fire cycle on a solo ranger. Dmg is 15k total . His hp never ever drop below 90% with no regen.
This is what I find: Google GW2 hack god mode…. and I thought speed hack is bad enough

Get banned from the forums of a game where the devs dont even care about the game mode I play to actually fix it? \_/ <— here is my empty care-cup. Plus, its a link to a youtube video demonstrating that it works, something they are obviously oblivious to anyways, it can only help them.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.