in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Fixing the forum bug.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

It’s usually that charrdian with overdone hair and oversized rucksack.

Has the flag on the back gone out of style?

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

Im a pew pew ranger.. kinda my only job besides destroying clothies. Dont hate the playa playa.. hate the game.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I didn’t read the whole thread, but did anyone suggest L2P yet? Or mention it’s a valid tactic to take out commanders in war?

Banned Inc? I typed the Anet forum dreaded word L2P. It’s just a suggestion…

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

With CS it’s only 90 seconds and if you get pulled, moa’d and immobed it’s prob gg and once you go down you get punted back killed sieged and frog tea bagged on there’s no saving you m8

Average number of times I die from getting Moa’d in a month: < 1

Average number of times I die from getting compound pulled by DHs in a month: too many to count.

DH having access to a 1200 range pull on a potentially 30s timer was a poor design decision by ANet. At the very least it needs to be blockable, evadable and 600 or 900 range.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i got double moa yesterday you know what Dat mesmer still be dead ! XD

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

DH having access to a 1200 range pull on a potentially 30s timer was a poor design decision by ANet. At the very least it needs to be blockable, evadable and 600 or 900 range.

It’s not impossible to evade it. I don’t know about if it’s unblockable or not, but I know you can deny it by: Dodging the spear, Dodging the pull (tricky af, but works) or Stability through the pull.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Dodging the pull (tricky af, but works)

Sorry, but that doesn’t work. The pull can’t be dodged.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

This is what separates the good commanders from the average commanders. Average commanders can’t handle being focused and will whine and cry. Good commanders are able to play through it and still win fights.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Straegen.2938

It’s not impossible to evade it. I don’t know about if it’s unblockable or not, but I know you can deny it by: Dodging the spear, Dodging the pull (tricky af, but works) or Stability through the pull.

The Spear can be dodged but once it is attached the only way out of that pull is range or stab. The problem is in a zerg there are often a dozen plus DH all trying to pull drivers and high ranked players. It is fairly common to get 5+ pulls and suddenly a player is the ball in a pinball machine. Even worse when it happens on terrain and suddenly you are shot into the air and die from falling damage… which is far more common to me than getting killed by a Mesmer Moa.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The Spear can be dodged but once it is attached the only way out of that pull is range or stab. The problem is in a zerg there are often a dozen plus DH all trying to pull drivers and high ranked players. It is fairly common to get 5+ pulls and suddenly a player is the ball in a pinball machine. Even worse when it happens on terrain and suddenly you are shot into the air and die from falling damage… which is far more common to me than getting killed by a Mesmer Moa.

Why is it that DH skills work and use terrain to instakill, but for every other class you only see path not found?

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Why is it that DH skills work and use terrain to instakill, but for every other class you only see path not found?

Scorpion Wire for the thief has been busted since launch. Seeing the DH get a far more reliable pull as a class mechanic and SW still untouched is definitely a snub.

ANet continually prioritizes Guardian and now DH over pretty much everything else. The Guardian has dominated zergs since launch and it has remained almost completely unchanged in that regard. DH was added in and even after a couple rounds of nerfs is still the easiest to play with the highest effectiveness in WvW (and sPvP).

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Luck of the draw, more or less. It’s not intended, it’s a bug.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Peazomanco.7259

Peazomanco.7259

Dh F1 should be blockable and work as a proyectile.

in order to avoid commander focus, there are many ways to do: small characters, same outfit for all the zerg, changing guild tag, and better stacking….

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: CangLongWoHu.9752

CangLongWoHu.9752

OMG OSU is a whiney guy. There is a simple solve OSU. get good. I have watched KEK zerg and when you are always out leaping front of your zerg, it easy to pick you out regardless of being anonymous. I LOVE pin sniping guys like you because you make it so easy.
First off, there is a delay between when you say something and your people react. Realize that and don’t jump so far out in front of your zerg.
Second, have backup commanders. You are not in a small guild so get some of your other guys prepared to command when you go down. It should be seamless. Look at how KRTA does it on your server.
Third, bring a thief into your party and he/she can use stealth to hide you which makes people like me have to find you all over again or bring a druid that can heal you faster than they can kill you.
OR, miracle of miracles, DONT RUN A GUARDIAN!! Warrior is tankier anyway.
You always run 30+ anyway so just get a sniping crew in your guild. One group of a full zerk ranger, 2 thieves, a Mesmer and a necro should be able to consistently take out a commander who is always out front like you every time in just a few seconds after zergs collide.
Its part of the game and always will be so you can either get good or get dead. It’s your choice.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Auburn.2456

Auburn.2456

Can someone get the OP a box of tissues, its a valid tactic of game play. If you dont like it T8 is only 500gems to transfer to. Maybe that more of you play style and Neopets is a free game. Maybe if your grp wasn’t all snowflakes and ran grp comp builds you would have a chance. If your running full zerker in WvW then that is really your fault.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: CangLongWoHu.9752

CangLongWoHu.9752

Anet should nerf Moa by keeping WvW and PvE/PvP skills different. Commander sniping is ruining this game and making people leave.

MEAT from DPS/QQ Guild abuses the elite skill to the point where it starts making the driver appearance “Invisible Bugged”. He keeps moa’ing the driver stopping them from pushing into Blackgate zergs.

Make the Moa WvW skill into 2sec stun or give swift/might/stablity.

If people are leaving WvW because of pin sniping then they don’t belong in WvW. Get good.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Still not sure how someone could honestly support the idea of selling WvW invulnerability…let alone for 300g.

“I bought a commander tag so no one should be allowed to attack me!”

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Hmm, to eviscerate the poorly thought out posts or to ignore them… the eternal struggle…

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

lol @ this thread. Blobmander died, dont know how to push button 1 now.

Right? I never understood why there is such reliance on a single person… A zerg simply don’t know wtf to do when the commander dies. It’s like everyone forget how to play the game and just bend over and take it.

That’s pretty much happened around May or June time last year. Many fight guilds left the game because Siege Wars Meta. So this is what you have left. People who complain about other people actually using valid tactics. Pin Sniping is not a easy art btw. Just blindly following one persons orders to the ends of the world is. Which is why pin snipers ruin these new WvWers.

Back one year ago. Pin Snipers didn’t even phase WvWers. But since the added game mechanics gimmicks made a lot of fight oriented players and guilds got so frustrated and bored to tears, that they parted ways. It sounds like there is no one to help the new guards. So the new guards just get mad when a few people do use a effective tactic as pin sniping.

And the overwhelming reliance people have in one person is sorry to say. Beyond laughable, smh. I honestly think that the best tactic for players of WvW to mitigate the effectiveness of pin sniping is to learn how to play the game. To stop being for a lack of a better term potatoes after the commander dies. If people didn’t lose themselves after commander dies. Pin sniping would lose all of it’s effectiveness over night.

There is only one other MMO that I’ve played in the past. That this was a issue in. The was Eve Online, when a much smaller coordinated gang of 30 would delete the Fleet Commander of field, and then trash tier’ed super casual thousand man alliances like Brave, Rookie Alliance, CVA, and such would just instantly fold. After the first second of the FC snipe and became free kill mails, for a group of 20 to 40 players maxed. All of the other decent alliance was completely fine after primary FC fell in battle, most times still even good after secondary fell.

TL:DR

People in WvW needs to stop counting on one person to effortlessly get bags. And learn how to actually play the game. Be less of a mob and more of a bunch of tacticians. The better the players, the less effective this tactic becomes. To the point it’s not even worth using against your group.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

L2P issue…..this is a ridiculous thing to complain about imho.

Most drivers run guardian….and if you build and use it properly you are the tankiest thing ingame. you got blocks galore….so the enemy must have unblockables in their zerg specs (not a common thing). You got perma resistance basically, unlikely to get boonstripped and you got clears galore in a proper zerg….not gonna get pin sniped by condi. you got ur 3 second invulnerability from allllllll damage that will negate any aoe attacks that hit you, protecting ur allies. Then you got all these instant rez abilities that ur teammates will have…as soon as you go down they will bubble you and rez u in 1 second and you’ll get a huge heal basically. Then you can do that 3 more times or something dumb like that. You also got pets and warbanner and other people can shield block ur position with stealth and other kitten.
The fact ur whole zerg is dependent on a singular player is really not the ideal to begin with. Assign lieutenants….thats why the rank exists.

I don’t know how much more handholding you want the game to give you…….its already ridiculous as is.

If you die just respawn and walk back in 30 seconds….and try again.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Following on from the analogy in my first post in this thread, a lot of the points of view expressed here would seem to be the product of cultural imperialism, and could benefit hugely from adopting a broader perspective.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Right? I never understood why there is such reliance on a single person… A zerg simply don’t know wtf to do when the commander dies. It’s like everyone forget how to play the game and just bend over and take it.

I’m actually amazed you still play WvW.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I’m actually amazed you still play WvW.

I kinda haven’t since the Bitterfrost Frontier patch tbh… But I still log in about time and times to see if I regain interest.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i can tell you i WvW probably 4 – 5 times a week same guild. i say on avr pin sniping happen maybe 1 – 20 fights either your commander just standing in middle of no where or you need to teach your zerg how to fallow you better.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

L2P issue…..this is a ridiculous thing to complain about imho.

Most drivers run guardian….and if you build and use it properly you are the tankiest thing ingame. you got blocks galore….so the enemy must have unblockables in their zerg specs (not a common thing). You got perma resistance basically, unlikely to get boonstripped and you got clears galore in a proper zerg….not gonna get pin sniped by condi. you got ur 3 second invulnerability from allllllll damage that will negate any aoe attacks that hit you, protecting ur allies. Then you got all these instant rez abilities that ur teammates will have…as soon as you go down they will bubble you and rez u in 1 second and you’ll get a huge heal basically. Then you can do that 3 more times or something dumb like that. You also got pets and warbanner and other people can shield block ur position with stealth and other kitten.
The fact ur whole zerg is dependent on a singular player is really not the ideal to begin with. Assign lieutenants….thats why the rank exists.

I don’t know how much more handholding you want the game to give you…….its already ridiculous as is.

If you die just respawn and walk back in 30 seconds….and try again.

While I agree that pinsniping is unavoidable and should be played around, guardian is actually fast becoming the preferred target in a lot of fights due to their weakness to boon corruption/unblockables, I’m honestly starting to believe that drivers should try out other classes to drive on (eg minstrel/nomad chrono)

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

While I agree that pinsniping is unavoidable and should be played around, guardian is actually fast becoming the preferred target in a lot of fights due to their weakness to boon corruption/unblockables, I’m honestly starting to believe that drivers should try out other classes to drive on (eg minstrel/nomad chrono)

Warrior, Scrapper or even Tempest sound like a much more viable option for me than Chrono. But that’s just my opinion…

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Why is this conversation even still going? An army that falls apart when its leader falls is a weak army. Taking out the commander has always been a valid tactic in war. If you can’t function without your leader, then you deserve to lose. Learn to function as a collective and all work together as one unit with no one person being more important than another. You know the saying “a chain is only as strong as its weakest link”? Don’t have any weak links. If one person dies, it shouldnt make a difference, you should all be capable of continuing to fight on.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

Just play a character with lots of toughness/vitality and with skills or traits bounce bullets back to its source.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

If your commander runs cheesy builds, runs way ahead of your blob, its his fault for getting pulled. Normally cmds ask NOT to focus the other cmd. But if the cmd does yolo-moves you cant really blame the others.
Get the cmd in party with guards giving stability, cmd should have a class/build/armor which gives him enough sustain to command even when focused. Since one ex-cmd here was crying around each time he got pulled, I tried the same thing with DH on an opponent cmd: its not that easy, most of them (with a pre-made party) have enough stability to get pulled.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Why is this conversation even still going? An army that falls apart when its leader falls is a weak army. Taking out the commander has always been a valid tactic in war. If you can’t function without your leader, then you deserve to lose. Learn to function as a collective and all work together as one unit with no one person being more important than another. You know the saying “a chain is only as strong as its weakest link”? Don’t have any weak links. If one person dies, it shouldnt make a difference, you should all be capable of continuing to fight on.

Yep, back in the active WvW-days we had 1-3 spare tags who tagged up as soon as one cmd went down and kept fighting. Dont know why no one does it now.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Warrior, Scrapper or even Tempest sound like a much more viable option for me than Chrono. But that’s just my opinion…

What are you even talking about Jeknar? Are you trying to tell everyone you play “chrono” and its vastly underpowered compared to everything else? Cause we don’t care. Stay ontopic.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

What are you even talking about Jeknar? Are you trying to tell everyone you play “chrono” and its vastly underpowered compared to everything else? Cause we don’t care. Stay ontopic.

Nah, I’m responding to the post I have quoted and if you read it (which it seens you didn’t for your response) you will understand what I want to say with my post.

That said, I honestly don’t think Mesmer is a a good pick compared to the ones I mentioned. I mean, I run this build when I tag up to lead the pugs, but it’s not exactly optimal. And I doubt mesmer can deal with pin sniping since it don’t have the automatic defense traits that other professions such as Warrior and Engineer have.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Nah, I’m responding to the post I have quoted and if you read it (which it seens you didn’t for your response) you will understand what I want to say with my post.

That said, I honestly don’t think Mesmer is a a good pick compared to the ones I mentioned. I mean, I run this build when I tag up to lead the pugs, but it’s not exactly optimal. And I doubt mesmer can deal with pin sniping since it don’t have the automatic defense traits that other professions such as Warrior and Engineer have.

A competently played mesmer should have no problem popping up and helping to delete something.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

A competently played mesmer should have no problem popping up and helping to delete something.

He meant as a driver, not as somenthing else… Are you people even reading the posts or are you just nitpicking certain points?

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Id say Mesmer is the 2nd best pug commanding class id say. Because veils and portals are really great depending on how you use them, you can skip all the damage with those. Its little cheesy though because no1 wants to play against constant portalbombs. Also playing tank mesmer isnt exactly fun…

Scrapper and warrior are proven horrible, too irratic movement and boon reliance
Druid, thief, necromancer and ele are bad because lack of stability, ele works somehow.
Revenant is interesting and is really good at selfsustain but issues arise against commanderfocus, corrupts and epidemics.

Anyways, normally blob commanders die first because:
1) They let the enemy have the first push for free, means they will be forced backpedal and constantly be in front of zerg and eventually die.
2) On open field they push in straight line, when obviously clearing left or right side is better to corner enemy or to bait enemy bomb and then move to opposite side.
3) There is no one on tag; horrible followers or maybe the commander isn’t telling his movement correctly/isn’t on teamspeak

Buildwise: 400 extra armor, 3-6k extra health is normal with double energy sigils, normal guard instead of dh. Possible for commander to run with mace shield instead of staff if getting heavily focused. Basically the commanders antifocus stats/traits/utilities should look remotely something like.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeRl8AhmhYpQwVIwPEHJEFeDygU4usBwBknh/LAB-TlCEQBfUJIAOCAuTTACfAAP4UAoFlDYS9HlpkDe7PwJ9AkCIztWA-w
Wanderer gear or staff isn’t bad either.
Commander doesn’t need to run tankier than others if he has a good party.

Partywise:
-1 Good guardian, possibly 2 if not in same guild.
- 1 mallyx/dwarf revenant
- 1 melee ele for sustain or scrapper for stealth
- Leftover for a friend

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Archilese.3218

Archilese.3218

The Amount of kitten builds posted on here is laughable. BTW no amount of Armor/Vit Teamwork cleans heals is going to save u when u get moad, corrupted pulled 3 times condi loaded and punted in downstate.

Archilese
Professional Rallybot

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

The Amount of kitten builds posted on here is laughable. BTW no amount of Armor/Vit Teamwork cleans heals is going to save u when u get moad, corrupted pulled 3 times condi loaded and punted in downstate.

u mad bro?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Just give ppl more power over there targets when it comes to healing and boons. Say a ctrl t like effect but it lets you chose who at least 1 of the 5 targets support effects will hit. So if you have a full zerg and nearly ever support lets one of there targets become the commander / driver then pin sniping would become very ineffective.

Pets images npc all tend to get in the way of aoe support even dmg over all the targeting system in GW2 needs a bit more work.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Pets images npc all tend to get in the way of aoe support even dmg over all the targeting system in GW2 needs a bit more work.

Players have priority over pets/images for receiving boons even if they aren’t in the same party as you. They only are targetted when there wasn’t any other target to receive it in the radius.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Jski.6180

Players have priority over pets/images for receiving boons even if they aren’t in the same party as you. They only are targetted when there wasn’t any other target to receive it in the radius.

When your trying to buff say a yack with movement speed players pets take priority.

Also pets seems like they eat targets on line effects that have a cap of hitting 10 targets.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

When your trying to buff say a yack with movement speed players pets take priority.

Also pets seems like they eat targets on line effects that have a cap of hitting 10 targets.

Oh yes, Yaks are NPCs and they are the last in the line of priority. But in the phrase I quoted you were talking about players and pets, and pets don’t have priority over them.

The boon priority list is:

- You
- Players in your party
- Players in the squad not in your party
- Players not in squad
- Pet/Minions of players on your party
- Pet/Minions of players on squad not in your party
- Pet/Minions of players not in squad
- Friendly NPCs

And I see no issue in this list.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Jski.6180

Oh yes, Yaks are NPCs and they are the last in the line of priority. But in the phrase I quoted you were talking about players and pets, and pets don’t have priority over them.

- You
- Players in your party
- Players not in squad
- Friendly NPCs

But was a counter to pin sniping it would be nice to have some level of chose where your skills are going to go. As ppl are able to chose where they attk are going and who will be hit by them before others why not give the same tool to support? You can pin snip but you cant pin support.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

- You
- Players in your party
- Players not in squad
- Friendly NPCs

But was a counter to pin sniping it would be nice to have some level of chose where your skills are going to go. As ppl are able to chose where they attk are going and who will be hit by them before others why not give the same tool to support? You can pin snip but you cant pin support.

Read the list and think about your squad comp & repartition.

If you have still trouble, try to ask in the raid lobby they understood that problem pretty well.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Regnum.7102

Regnum.7102

Doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to deal with commander focusing, but of course it’s easier to simply kitten about it and blame your death to it than actually trying to deal with it. However that’s great. The more noob commanders we have, the more fun commander focusing is, huehuehue.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Jski.6180

Doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to deal with commander focusing, but of course it’s easier to simply kitten about it and blame your death to it than actually trying to deal with it. However that’s great. The more noob commanders we have, the more fun commander focusing is, huehuehue.

It becomes a numbers game most skills are made with 5 targets or getting hit with a set number of hits (3 blocks etc..) Its easier to pin snip then to def vs that pin snip because of how the game is balanced. If support is going to be a thing in gw2 full on healing support that they added in HoT then there got to be a healing / support targeting system that works off the same rules of targeted attks.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

It becomes a numbers game most skills are made with 5 targets or getting hit with a set number of hits (3 blocks etc..) Its easier to pin snip then to def vs that pin snip because of how the game is balanced. If support is going to be a thing in gw2 full on healing support that they added in HoT then there got to be a healing / support targeting system that works off the same rules of targeted attks.

Everything supports “numbers game”, it’s the game mechanics itself : at equal skill 60 players will beat 40. The only thing that allows people to take over superior forces is skill (building skill, teamworking, coordination and so on). And higher is the difference, higher the skill gap has to be for the smaller force to be successful.

Pinsniping isn’t free, AoE is king on zerg v zerg and restricting yourself on one target that has invu/block/stab/… and is (or at least should be) more tanky is lowering the overall pressure on your melee group. Having 10 people using their burst skill on a target that become invuln just in time is a tactical victory for the target since its oponent just wasted 10 people.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Posted by: Regnum.7102

Regnum.7102

It’s not about having to resist the damage you take, it’s about not making it easy for the enemy to find you. Random veils, random stealth from thieves, druids or engies, not running a shiny charr, not being 50 meters ahead of your zerg, not letting enemy players inside your squad.. You know, just simple things that help the cmd not being found in half a second.

Stop pin-sniping

in WvW

Jski.6180

It’s not about having to resist the damage you take, it’s about not making it easy for the enemy to find you. Random veils, random stealth from thieves, druids or engies, not running a shiny charr, not being 50 meters ahead of your zerg, not letting enemy players inside your squad.. You know, just simple things that help the cmd not being found in half a second.

Then size and culling becomes way too important.
I just want a bit of counter play to deal with 30 ppl attking one person and i think it should be 30 ppl supporting one person. Pin sniping is ok as long as there is counter play to it.