Stormbluff Isle - Double Sun Poweeeeeeer!

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I saw no problem with a 2v1 alliance against the server who would most likely win 1st place in a season match-up, or in normal match-ups. It’s if it happens against servers who could barely win to begin with though, I have problems with.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

Alliances aren’t cheating. They’re part of the game.

Supply sabotage by throwaway accounts? That is cheating, and it could utterly ruin the game. I hope ANet gets a handle on it, quickly.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I see nothing wrong with 2v1ing a server that stacked it’s population in order to roll lesser servers. It’s poetic justice to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

7 weeks ago, if I told SBI they’d be complaining about YB and EB double teaming them… oh god the reactions would be glorious. Back when they were knock-knock-knocking on gold league’s door, having shenanigans with SoR, then thinking they’d steamroll silver. Time is a cruel mistress, eh?

The math of it is this: You can force a server into second with double teaming. You don’t get to third without getting outmanned or giving up. We know the populations of the servers involved so… what’s the story SBI?

You are quite correct in this. Just like many thought the week before the SoR match that we’d hit gold, when we didn’t we were going to be #1 silver and we’ve seen how that turned out. Don’t get me wrong I can troll with the best of them, but I have never said my server is better than yours; you guys suck. In fact quite the opposite when we face lower pop servers that can’t really do much against the zergs we run when we are doing well. Those fair weathers love to watch that ppt – if we are running high they show up in droves, thus diluting the play for everyone. But honestly last week was the lowest turn out I’ve seen since the Mag and SoR matches. My take is this: harder fights deterred the fair weathers and even some of the guilded peeps after Monday. Because I can guarantee had their not been a 2v1 and we were doing PvD all week there would have been hoards there doing the same crappy stuff they’ve been doing all season.. spawn camping, emoting, kitten etc.

wow didn’t realize that tea bag was sensor worthy

(edited by Adahilia.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Your server beat the crap out of servers for several weeks and you are complaining about getting beaten one week. You aren’t tough enough to play on BP and should really consider yourself lucky you aren’t on IoJ or NSP.

IMO the tough guys of this matchup and the ones who should get the big chest is IoJ and NSP servers who marched on through this league significantly out numbered. How would you like to wake up with backed up to your legendaries and rebuild every day from that start?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Adahilia.3678

I see nothing wrong with 2v1ing a server that stacked it’s population in order to roll lesser servers. It’s poetic justice to me.

please keep in mind that not all of us wanted this, I am one of those, but considering you can’t bar people from transferring on or off a server it is not really in anyone’s control what servers gets stacked.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Blackgate won’t take exception to it, because they know for a fact they couldn’t handle a 2v1, and EB couldn’t handle a 2v1 either.

There has been only 1 server that’s been able to pull off a come back on a 2v1, and that was the very beginning of the game with HoD

That’s nice that you think you know everything about every match that’s ever been played… but you are very wrong on this point. Week 16, Ehmry Bay vs the Borlis Rock Union.

Anvil Rock and Borlis Pass formed an alliance pre-reset and carried it out for the entirety of the week – but were still defeated by the ‘evil empire’, Ehmry Bay – who won by a larger margin of victory than it had in previous matches when facing the same two servers fighting without an alliance. In weeks before the matchup we had faced each other already a few times, and if you look at the scores, they were much closer until the alliance forced us to up our game.

What was magic about it from our perspective is that when the two other servers came out the gate like rabid dogs and attacked us with everything they had, our WvW community responded favorably. We actually grew in number, our coverage improved over that week to respond to the new threat and our commanders made leaps and bounds in cross guild and cross map coordination. In the space of about 36-48 hours we made improvements that we had not been able to achieve in months before that.

EBay is a fairly different server now than it was then… maybe we could handle a double team from lower ranked servers, maybe we couldn’t. Who knows. I’m sure we will find out soon enough. But regardless, you guys aren’t the first server to face this situation. SBI’s collective reaction to it differed to ours quite significantly though, and that’s what I find the most interesting.

You mean this match up

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/Tier-5-EB-BP-AR/first

The one where you had a 30k lead over the 2 servers before they decided to double team you?

Is that the matchup you’re referring to?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Those poor bricks and stones. I wonder how they appreciate being pvd’d. Then again they should really create a pvd subforum.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Roe.3679

please keep in mind that not all of us wanted this, I am one of those, but considering you can’t bar people from transferring on or off a server it is not really in anyone’s control what servers gets stacked.

While I’m sure there are many people like that on the server, I’m also sure that you still benefitted from larger zergs smashing other server groups, more waypoints, more bonus chests, more captures, etc. As much as you may not have asked for it, I also doubt that you have asked your new transfers to leave.

I won’t give any sympathy to anyone complaining of actually fighting the full force of the 2 servers they have likely been stomping for the past few weeks, and there are many others like me. It’s lonely at the top.

in WvW

Adahilia.3678

While I’m sure there are many people like that on the server, I’m also sure that you still benefitted from larger zergs smashing other server groups, more waypoints, more bonus chests, more captures, etc. As much as you may not have asked for it, I also doubt that you have asked your new transfers to leave.

I won’t give any sympathy to anyone complaining of actually fighting the full force of the 2 servers they have likely been stomping for the past few weeks, and there are many others like me. It’s lonely at the top.

wait? what? did I complain anywhere in there? I did not and in fact if you read all in this thread or even looked at my posting history you would see that I have been saying since league started that I’m not happy with our numbers. I’ve also said it in our TS, La Map, WvW maps.. don’t presume to know me or what I think without doing some research first. Also, those weeks when I knew we would be outmanning servers I did not go to world, rolling over people for the simple fact that you can, and using tactics like spawn camping, emotes, etc is not something that I’m interested in and for sure will be the thing that makes me leave. Demoralizing a server to the point that they don’t even want to show up is not what world has been for me. I don’t get jollies from it and neither do most of the people I know. Again you presume too much.

(edited by Adahilia.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

But honestly last week was the lowest turn out I’ve seen since the Mag and SoR matches. My take is this: harder fights deterred the fair weathers and even some of the guilded peeps after Monday. Because I can guarantee had their not been a 2v1 and we were doing PvD all week there would have been hoards there doing the same crappy stuff they’ve been doing all season.. spawn camping, emoting, kitten etc.

You do realize your population was inflated by people who couldn’t handle losing on the servers they transferred off of… why would they be able to cope with losing on their new server? SBI got a lot of peeps from DH who wanted to jump ship when the “month of PvE” happened- queen’s pavillion, scarlet events… people weren’t showing up to WvW any more as we were playing some tough servers and no one likes defending. I remember asking for help in my old guild which was one of those who transferred to SBI to defend our BL against BP and was greeted with a guild roster full of people PvEing and people laughing at me. When BP had two waypoints in our keeps I remember counting 30-some people online in that guild farming in PvE with a small handful in WvW helping out. “We play WvW to have fun, and we’re not having fun if we’re losing” was their attitude then and that’s the attitude you’ll get now. Enjoy.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Posted by: jej.5674

jej.5674

Maybe this subject needs several more threads and rehashes. Maybe it will change the final outcome from what it was. Oh wait – it won’t.

Live with it and move on.

[Ult] – Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Roe.3679

wait? what? did I complain anywhere in there? I did not and in fact if you read all in this thread or even looked at my posting history you would see that I have been saying since league started that I’m not happy with our numbers. I’ve also said it in our TS, La Map, WvW maps.. don’t presume to know me or what I think without doing some research first. Also, those weeks when I knew we would be outmanning servers I did not go to world, rolling over people for the simple fact that you can, and using tactics like spawn camping, emotes, etc is not something that I’m interested in and for sure will be the thing that makes me leave. Demoralizing a server to the point that they don’t even want to show up is not what world has been for me. I don’t get jollies from it and neither do most of the people I know. Again you presume too much.

Sounds like you aren’t happy with your numbers. You are free to leave if that’s the case.

in WvW

Adahilia.3678

But honestly last week was the lowest turn out I’ve seen since the Mag and SoR matches. My take is this: harder fights deterred the fair weathers and even some of the guilded peeps after Monday. Because I can guarantee had their not been a 2v1 and we were doing PvD all week there would have been hoards there doing the same crappy stuff they’ve been doing all season.. spawn camping, emoting, kitten etc.

You do realize your population was inflated by people who couldn’t handle losing on the servers they transferred off of… why would they be able to cope with losing on their new server? SBI got a lot of peeps from DH who wanted to jump ship when the “month of PvE” happened- queen’s pavillion, scarlet events… people weren’t showing up to WvW any more as we were playing some tough servers and no one likes defending. I remember asking for help in my old guild which was one of those who transferred to SBI to defend our BL against BP and was greeted with a guild roster full of people PvEing and people laughing at me. When BP had two waypoints in our keeps I remember counting 30-some people online in that guild farming in PvE with a small handful in WvW helping out. “We play WvW to have fun, and we’re not having fun if we’re losing” was their attitude then and that’s the attitude you’ll get now. Enjoy.

Yes I know. I’ve been on SBI from the first day I created my account which was well before the transfers came.

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

You mean this match up

The one where you had a 30k lead over the 2 servers before they decided to double team you?

Yes that is the matchup thread I am referring to. But it appears that you have proved me wrong on one detail. The week number is not what I remember… You have to fast forward to about page 10 to get to it (the thread you linked is a multi-week thread that we started to carry). So, you will have to forgive my old brain for some sequence being out of order… We faced the same servers for 3 months and some things blur together.

To reiterate though, it was from get-go. Not an alliance made after a lead was accumulated… the two servers carved our home BL in half on reset night and then again Saturday and Sunday. The entire week only roamers and randoms from the two servers attacked eachother, and AR allowed itself to be leached for points in some areas by BP keeping the match close for as long as possible.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/Tier-5-EB-BP-AR/page/11#post2007448

The week is a vivid memory for many of us. As I said, it was a week of growth in both tactics and communication, and in numbers and coverage. It was fun times man. And you weren’t there… so as much as you think you know everything about every match, you are going to have to face the fact that you are wrong.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

You mean this match up

Yes that is the matchup thread I am referring to. But it appears that you have proved me wrong on one detail. The week number is not what I remember… You have to fast forward to about page 10 to get to it (the thread you linked is a multi-week thread that we started to carry). So, you will have to forgive my old brain for some sequence being out of order… We faced the same servers for 3 months and some things blur together.

To reiterate though, it was from get-go. Not an alliance made after a lead was accumulated… the two servers carved our home BL in half on reset night and then again Saturday and Sunday. The entire week only roamers and randoms from the two servers attacked eachother, and AR allowed itself to be leached for points in some areas by BP keeping the match close for as long as possible.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/Tier-5-EB-BP-AR/page/11#post2007448

The week is a vivid memory for many of us. As I said, it was a week of growth in both tactics and communication, and in numbers and coverage. It was fun times man. And you weren’t there… so as much as you think you know everything about every match, you are going to have to face the fact that you are wrong.

Just by looking at the updates I can see what happened

They held their own against you during the day, then at night, you 695 them when no one was on.

Clearly you pulled off an impressive 1v2 against doors.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

SBI is doing just fine. There are many disappointed Trolls out there.

Hats off to IOJ though. The FA band wagon pulled some of their talent and they still fought the good fight.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

SBI is doing fine indeed. We have a week of hard fights ahead of us, fights with little pressure and competent and motivated foes. The WvW casuals are less present – several WvW new leaders have stepped up – i have someone I trust following in every BL.

We might win or lose to FA – matters less since ranks are set. It will be a fight for glory and fun on all sides.

It’s WvW paradise right now in our matchup.

in WvW

Khayoss.2019

They held their own against you during the day, then at night, you 695 them when no one was on.

You are persistent! SBI had a lot of doors to knock at too had you cared to come press EBay. We have no night coverage guilds… none whatsoever. In fact, your greatest gains against EBay in previous matches were also against doors. BP also had a huge morning force that we had no coverage for… golum rushing our home BL each day before we were awake. PvD was a factor for them too.

If you go here: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/44/69
There’s one major uptick on reset night when we did hit full map domination – on a reset night that’s impressive against anyone, I don’t care who you are. From then on out the score stays pretty manageable all the way until Wednesday afternoon when we broke the match wide open – not while they were sleeping, but through the afternoon and into the evening. We used quick moving strikes like this to keep their ‘one army’ tactic at bay, not ever letting them get into a position to respond or to go on offense and that finally demoralized the alliance and took the win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ot0wR76uMo

Regardless, your specific statement was:

not even Blackgate could handle a 2v1 in this game..No server can..

This is false. A server (us) has successfully overcome a direct full week long 2v1. Coverage and numbers played a part in the victory, sure, but also played a part for the opposing forces who lost too. Nonetheless, you said specifically that no one ever could do this, and you are wrong. So man up and admit defeat on the point. Extra points for doing it without qualifiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

Had a tough time deciding which 2v1 QQ thread to post in, so many to choose from.

2v1 is a strategy which, as it has been pointed out above, has been explicitly stated as being acceptable by the developers. Personally, I’d rather win and lose on my own terms, but I’ve come to accept the arrangement as another way of players policing the game themselves, to an extent. Whether that be a response to imbalance, or just karma coming around to people who run their mouths too much in the forums.

There was one particularly memorable day this past season where we (IoJ) were 2v1’d in our BL. Two guild groups came into our BL for a GvG and when it got out they called in some friends and decided to troll the PvE server (large servers get so bored). They sat across from us, not engaging one another, both with groups larger than our own (maybe 15 in our guild plus 5 – 10 militia), using one another to try to flank us. To be fair to them, they didn’t all push together at once, most of the time. They did feel open field siege was necessary though, something we get trolled about all the time. Did we come to the forums and whine about it? No (not until now if you consider this whining, which it isn’t). That might have had something to do with the fact we wiped them both over and over for four hours in the open field, or perhaps because every match is a virtual 2v1 for us. But, I like to think it’s to some extent because we try to discourage whining and chest thumping.

Those pointless threads come down to people from a stacked server whining about having to fight outmanned for a few days. You people should be embarrassed for even posting those threads.

Epsilon
Mag/FA

(edited by Epsilon Atreides.3816)

in WvW

Posted by: KumajirouSan.3527

KumajirouSan.3527

Ah, Stormbluff Isle. I actually transfered from SBI to Blackgate after this exact situation happened. O_O

in WvW

Posted by: Tentacle Love.3412

Tentacle Love.3412

You couldn’t take a single camp during the course of this nonsense?

If you’re not attacking, you’re losing.

in WvW

Posted by: Storm Toryama.2197

Storm Toryama.2197

• * casually walks by, sipping tea * This thread isn’t buried yet? * walks away sipping at the tea *

(edited by Storm Toryama.2197)

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

You are persistent! SBI had a lot of doors to knock at too had you cared to come press EBay. We have no night coverage guilds… none whatsoever. In fact, your greatest gains against EBay in previous matches were also against doors. BP also had a huge morning force that we had no coverage for… golum rushing our home BL each day before we were awake. PvD was a factor for them too.

If you go here: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/44/69
There’s one major uptick on reset night when we did hit full map domination – on a reset night that’s impressive against anyone, I don’t care who you are. From then on out the score stays pretty manageable all the way until Wednesday afternoon when we broke the match wide open – not while they were sleeping, but through the afternoon and into the evening. We used quick moving strikes like this to keep their ‘one army’ tactic at bay, not ever letting them get into a position to respond or to go on offense and that finally demoralized the alliance and took the win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ot0wR76uMo

Regardless, your specific statement was:

not even Blackgate could handle a 2v1 in this game..No server can..

This is false. A server (us) has successfully overcome a direct full week long 2v1. Coverage and numbers played a part in the victory, sure, but also played a part for the opposing forces who lost too. Nonetheless, you said specifically that no one ever could do this, and you are wrong. So man up and admit defeat on the point. Extra points for doing it without qualifiers.

There are 3 main point steals by you that matchup

All of them occur after Midnight.

But you’re right, i was wrong… it seems you can win a 2v1 if you do it while everyone is asleep every night.

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

We had commanders and players pulling all nighters, some up as long as 20 hours to guarantee we’d be able to come back from the brink. That was the only reason why we had those main point steals, because people sacrificed their normal sleep schedules and time to close the gap for us.

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: Lina.9640

Lina.9640

Imagine playing WvW, except the enemy has twice as many people as you and your side doesn’t get to use supply. That is this week for SBI.

That’s every week for us (Ebay).

Welcome to our world.

Your server beat the crap out of servers for several weeks and you are complaining about getting beaten one week. You aren’t tough enough to play on BP and should really consider yourself lucky you aren’t on IoJ or NSP.

IMO the tough guys of this matchup and the ones who should get the big chest is IoJ and NSP servers who marched on through this league significantly out numbered. How would you like to wake up with backed up to your legendaries and rebuild every day from that start?

FYI, they didn’t like it at all.

(edited by Lina.9640)

in WvW

Posted by: Myro Pyro.1749

Myro Pyro.1749

Lol so what I’m assuming is that you are talking about Abyss. And if you think we have the same mentality as we did in DH, you are mistaken. Like you said we play to have fun, but Abyss is always out to fight through any type of adversity. We don’t quit even through a hard fight or a tough matchup. We persevere. That was the old Abyss you are speaking of back on DH. A lot has changed, a lot has improved. So if you want to talk about us Ash, talk about us as the present, not the past.

Commander Master Myro
Level 80 Guardian
Stormbluff Isle- Leader of [Abys]

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Myro’s actually right, [Abys] was the one pushing us the most during that matchup, and the ones who were the forefront of the capture of our stuff in our home borderlands. We often had to say “We’ve got Abyss on the map” in Teamspeak to tell people that you guys were starting to push hard. Hell, it’s how we knew were about to have a really hard time.

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Imagine playing WvW, except the enemy has twice as many people as you and your side doesn’t get to use supply. That is this week for SBI.

That’s every week for us (Ebay).

Welcome to our world.

In that case, shouldn’t you guys be discussing things like better reporting options for supply griefing? It seems strange to undergo something unfair but then focus on venting anger at inanimate servers instead of fixing the problem.

Sorry, as I’ve said I haven’t done much WvW. I’m having a lot of trouble trying to understand the “community.” So far it’s looking a lot like CoD, except with hammers. (Actually I haven’t played CoD either, that was meant as kind of a joke. Kind of.)

in WvW

Khayoss.2019

Lol so what I’m assuming is that you are talking about Abyss. And if you think we have the same mentality as we did in DH, you are mistaken. Like you said we play to have fun, but Abyss is always out to fight through any type of adversity. We don’t quit even through a hard fight or a tough matchup. We persevere. That was the old Abyss you are speaking of back on DH. A lot has changed, a lot has improved. So if you want to talk about us Ash, talk about us as the present, not the past.

Abys and BAEST were kings of the hill for SBI this week. We loved our fights with both of you guys. Keep your heads up and we hope to see you at some point in the future… you guys were great – nothing but respect from us at VOID.

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

While I have no problem that SBI lost to a 2 v 1. It is rather amusing the servers who teamed up to get the win some how see it as a great victory. How is out zerging a zerg server such great accomplishment?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

sad thing is. this is whats going to kill gw2. ESO and eq next comes out in spring. saddens me. i was hoping a free to play game could actually stay good. but i guess i understand. neither one of these servers could have beat sbi without allying. Maybe it was their only choice.

sad thing is. this is whats going to kill gw2.

No. Just no.

What is going to kill Guild Wars 2 Is the player base…..
Leagues were a great Idea, allowing transfers from the time of announcement till leagues started was a bad idea.

Hopefully a lot of people learnt not to waste 1800 gems.

Also: If SBI wants to tell everyone about superior skill and dance on every body they zerg over the top of then just guessing the YB/EB/SBI match up won’t be the only match up where it’s 2v1 against SBI.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.