Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Ranger isnt the best 1vs1 class.in the leaderboard is rank 1 guard, 2-5 is S/D thief, 6 is hammbow warrior. the best ranger is a spirit ranger, i think it was kenny and he also states that atm S/D is much more stronger. he always loses against sizer in 1vs1

Grimkram [sS]

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Ranger isnt the best 1vs1 class.in the leaderboard is rank 1 guard, 2-5 is S/D thief, 6 is hammbow warrior. the best ranger is a spirit ranger, i think it was kenny and he also states that atm S/D is much more stronger. he always loses against sizer in 1vs1

Correct me if I’m wrong here but you keep referring to sPvP in both your posts, while you may be right about how bad ranger is in sPvP, I believe the OP made his original comment in a WvW thread so I’m taking a wild guess he wants to know strongest 1v1 build/class for WvW. Also judging from topic title 1v1 class I’m presuming he wants to roam and roamers need to be able to solo flip camps which is super easy when you have a pet

I’m not saying Ranger is best by default nor any class, Ranger is definitely one of the strongest classes in the right hands, but so is any class like a decent engie or guardian. Some classes click for some people and some don’t.

Rangers can be an easy class to learn, it’s nothing special but this is what I did as my 1st time roaming in WvW with a new build and weapon set, somehow came out ontop of a 1v3

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: esme.6391

esme.6391

All classes have the potential to be the best 1v1 if the player knows how to use them/their build

Ehmry Bay’s adoranecro ~ [GH] ~ Winning over Tyria one inappropriate remark at a time.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Which is the strongest 1vs1 class,you can see easily in 1vs1 arena.
At the moment is the strongest : S/D-thief, Hambow-Warrior and Terror dhuumfire necromancer or offguard with scepter and greatsword. Then phantasm mesmer with prisamtic understanding and spirit ranger.

You can take a look in the solo leaderboard and the 1vs1 tournements that especially S/D thiefs, off gudards and hambow warriors are on the top.

But let’s be honest: the only thing that matters is what’s happening in WvW.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Correct me if I’m wrong here but you keep referring to sPvP in both your posts, while you may be right about how bad ranger is in sPvP, I believe the OP made his original comment in a WvW thread so I’m taking a wild guess he wants to know strongest 1v1 build/class for WvW. Also judging from topic title 1v1 class I’m presuming he wants to roam and roamers need to be able to solo flip camps which is super easy when you have a pet

I’m not saying Ranger is best by default nor any class, Ranger is definitely one of the strongest classes in the right hands, but so is any class like a decent engie or guardian. Some classes click for some people and some don’t.

Rangers can be an easy class to learn, it’s nothing special but this is what I did as my 1st time roaming in WvW with a new build and weapon set, somehow came out ontop of a 1v3

right then i missunderstood the thread i thought it deals with a “classic” 1vs1 for example behind the mill, because there is no difference . doesnt matter if you fight the 1vs1 in 1on1 arenas or in wvw

if you take a look in roaming where you also fight "bad " players in outnumbered situations ranger is truely strong and has the advantage that it is easy to learn because he has alot of good builds with low risk and high reward.

EDIT nice video which server you are? dont know really good rangers in wvw so you are the first i noticed, who plays no lame builds^^

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Saying strongest class is not really the best question since each class has different builds that are stronger than others.

To play along with the thread though, the strongest 1v1 class is mesmer.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Mallechos.9876

Mallechos.9876

right then i missunderstood the thread i thought it deals with a “classic” 1vs1 for example behind the mill, because there is no difference . doesnt matter if you fight the 1vs1 in 1on1 arenas or in wvw

There’s still a pretty big difference between a 1v1 in PvP and in WvW, mostly due to more stat combinations in WvW, higher crit damage availability and the existence of food.

Also, to contribute to the discussion: rangers and guardians are both a lot stronger in 1v1 than a lot of people realize, but the proportion of players that run roaming/1v1 builds with those two classes is very low compared to mesmer/warrior and especially thief.

Aralyth/Ralyth/Captain Ara [OP] – Darkhaven

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Varani.9207

Varani.9207

Ranger hands down….he says struggling to keep a straight face.

If played well, a ranger is really strong in 1 vs 1

Mondsucht [MS] Kodash Vragni – Ranger
Charrov – Engineer

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

iam german ,too add me and we can go togeather in 1vs1 arenas. i can show you some decent and strong guards

hmm.. im thinking about wvw guard. also im not german just play on german server ^^

Roleplayer.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

Saying strongest class is not really the best question since each class has different builds that are stronger than others.

To play along with the thread though, the strongest 1v1 class is mesmer.

Build?

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Rangers are probably close to the strongest 1v1 class if not the strongest.

The only thing right now that gives me a run for my money is a Necro.

The Necro of course has trouble vs other classes..

I find this hard to believe. Im not by any means calling you a liar… just with the mass complaints in the forums etc and overall moral of the class would say otherwise.

Unless you know something about this class that others dont know. I dont think skillcap can be a reason since engineers dont have the same issues as rangers.

I would love to see some more fights vs theives and engineers in your videos

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I have this video of ranger vs thief. I was even running pigs for lulz.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

My thief can take out any class quite easily.

I’ll duel your thief on my war and I’ll stream it.

Duel him with an Engi. He said “any class”.

i don’t play engi, but did you actually think sanduskel would duel me? He has never shown us any kind of gameplay on his thief yet he makes all these outrageous claims like how amazing his thief is, how he crushes all warriors with ease, how he beat all classes with ease. he plays this imaginary thief build that is godlike and immune to nerfs, but it’s all in his head.

All is vain.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Lol. saying thieves do fine is considered outrageous! Lol

OP’d thief, lol

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

15 of them bad boys right chere.

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

15 of them bad boys right here.

Hmm, not that simple. More like:

Attachments:

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

No no no, it’ more like this:

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Rock is strongest. It absolutely demolishes scissors.

and yet there are no nerfs to Rock in the Dec. 10th proposed changes. I just don’t get it.

Rock is countered by paper, but who the hell runs paper.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Dear A-net:

Rock is OP
Paper is fine.
~ Sincerely scissors.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I find this hard to believe. Im not by any means calling you a liar… just with the mass complaints in the forums etc and overall moral of the class would say otherwise.

Unless you know something about this class that others dont know. I dont think skillcap can be a reason since engineers dont have the same issues as rangers.

I’ll flat out tell you the major difference I see between me and other BM Bunker Rangers out there using my Build.

They’re still using Wolves and Cats while i’ve switched to Spiders and Malicious Training.

They’re basically at that point the Engineer Rifle Turret + Net Turret combined.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Either mesmer or thief. Anything with the ability to spam stealth is OP if they can hit you and re-enter stealth before the server recognises your ‘attack’ command.

Thieves in particular are also nigh unkillable, using Shadowstep or Steal on neutral mobs to get insane amounts of distance in addition to the stealth.

Basically, if the thief is bad, he can always run away, even if greatly outnumbered. If the thief is good, he can run circles in stealth around a group of up to 3 players who don’t quite know where to AoE, backstab, stealth, backstab, stealth, backstab, until all 3 die. If the thief is REALLY bad, then it doesn’t matter what the player uses, he’s only good for feeding other worlds with Borderland Bloodlust buffs.

Also, you can never res faster than someone can Finish off, and you can’t stop a thief from finishing someone off when you can’t see him as he’s doing so.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Excalibur.9748

it’s pretty clear you don’t even play thief. you’ve said some extremely ridiculous and sometimes conflicting things since you started this smurf account.

if you THINK thieves can easily crush other warriors, I can gladly show you otherwise. Thief is not really a good 1v1 class, it has plenty of weaknesses and warrior is one of them.

All is vain.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Which is the strongest 1vs1 class,you can see easily in 1vs1 arena.
At the moment is the strongest : S/D-thief, Hambow-Warrior and Terror dhuumfire necromancer or offguard with scepter and greatsword. Then phantasm mesmer with prisamtic understanding and spirit ranger.

You can take a look in the solo leaderboard and the 1vs1 tournements that especially S/D thiefs, off gudards and hambow warriors are on the top.

Uh, I have to disagree strongly here. I was getting the last weeks into sPvP more. I leveled also a 2nd Mesmer (cuz mesmer is awesome). I was for the 1st time using a Mesmer condition build in sPvP. I built it after my experiences in WvW and was smashed into the ground. After I adepted my build to the conditions of sPvP I was mroe successfull. Took that build into WvW and got crushed there. Now I use 2 completely different builds for sPvP and WvW, with each being successfull, but it told me that the conditions in sPvP are just too different to be compared to WvW.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Warriors and guardians are just ridiculously strong even 1v1. Definetly even more so with OP stacks.

Mesmer has always been also strong. Clones/shatter AI trashing with imbacc is just lawd???

Condinecro is just op because conditions in 1v1. Staff/scepter is so OP it should be removed until fixed. (yeah i mostly play necro atm)

And yeah those rangers.. if you have found some other buttons on your keyboard than barrage button you’re so strong it’s not even funny.

Thieves not generally that great not sure if with OP stacks. s/d thieves are pretty good though, but really needs experienced guy playing it.

Good eles are also strong 1v1, near impossible to take them down while they still do enough dmg.

If something is really OP it’s burning condition followed By needlessly added torment with ridiculous stun/daze/immo/fear stacking. (omg pls kitten nerf thief steal fear to 50% duration)

All this is irrelevant though because WvW isn’t even close to any kind of balance atm.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

For my glassy ele the only classes The classes I consistently lose to are mesmers and thieves. Rangers tend to be a free kill. Everything else is some where in the middle.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

warrior 15chars

downed state is bad for PVP

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

15 of them bad boys right here.

Hmm, not that simple. More like:

I notice that guardian hasn’t got any arrows coming off of it, they’re good against warriors and thieves.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

it’s pretty clear you don’t even play thief. you’ve said some extremely ridiculous and sometimes conflicting things since you started this smurf account.

if you THINK thieves can easily crush other warriors, I can gladly show you otherwise. Thief is not really a good 1v1 class, it has plenty of weaknesses and warrior is one of them.

I am sorry that you are struggling with your thief vs warriors. However, thieves can defeat them. I’ve done it sometimes, and I’ve seen others bet them routinely. You need to time your dodges and gap losers based on their animations. Don’t worry, it takes a while and gets easier with experience. Good luck!

OP’d thief, lol

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

Thieves are the only class I can’t seem to beat on my mesmer. Any time I get them low they simply reset and come back again. Everything else I either win or lose depending on the skill of the other player. I guess necro’s can give me trouble too if I don’t pay close enough attention and end up stacked 50 conditions deep, but that’s my own darn fault.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Tripsalot.1803

Sir Tripsalot.1803

guardian is weakest 1v1 by far

That’s not true at all. Last night I dueled around 15-20 different players of all classes on my guardian. I only lost two fights, and both of them were to other guardians. It all depends on your build/skill level.

Sorrow’s Furnace [SF] [mfya]
Mr Pocket Rocket~Charr~Guardian~Commander

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Dajas.4715

Dajas.4715

As it has already been said before, there is no “strongest” class (as every class has their own strong roaming builds) but it’s the person that plays the class well that makes them shine, even with my condition engi ive burst down so many classes in under 10 sec from thieves to necros. You would be surprised how many bad roamers there are out there, meta builds doesn’t give you a i win button!

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

1v1 to the death…… Mesmer
1v1 anything can happen……… thief

Pure opinion of course heh

This right here is the truth.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

It really does depend on build, and how good the player is, but some classes are easier to use, and there is a rock, paper, scissors thing going as well. With my warrior I don’t fear theives at all, I can just about stand there and laugh at them with my certain build, but at the same time I can’t kill them either so…

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Excalibur.9748

I am sorry that you are struggling with your thief vs warriors. However, thieves can defeat them. I’ve done it sometimes, and I’ve seen others bet them routinely. You need to time your dodges and gap losers based on their animations. Don’t worry, it takes a while and gets easier with experience. Good luck!

why are you avoiding to dueling me? afraid you’ll get beat up badly?

All is vain.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

When I’m roaming on my thief, I’d say perplexity based mes builds are the worst by far. That’s always an ok, I’m leaving, have fun with yourself encounter. Warriors have a few builds that can be very tough, when it’s GS / Hemmer / LB / Axe / Mace, there’s a lot of very punishing combos if you don’t time a blind exactly right or run low on endurance. Even a stupid bolas can be gg without withdraw or instant removal. I would also say engis, but I see a good engi maybe once every other week. They have very good defense against physical damage with all sorts of possibilities from condi pressure, control, and a decent damage spike.

I don’t think thieves are the best 1v1 by a long shot, but more times than not they can get away, which means not having to walk across the map again and rebuilt stacks. That’s good for solo roaming, but not always good for a party roaming.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

He never said he was having trouble with warriors. He is saying he could easily beat you on his warrior.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

1 on 1 ranger can be tough, but sadly, if you spec a ranger for 1 v 1, he will be at a serious disadvantage with everything else you chose to do in wvwvw.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Hairwinz.1403

Hairwinz.1403

I think it all boils down to the player behind the toon. Just like the the saying we had in photography that it’s not the gear that matters but the person behind it. I use an engi and if fun factor is part of the element, then it definitely takes the cake compared to my other toons such as my Ele, thief, warrior and my guardian. Have to find time to learn the necro and mesmer.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Title should be ‘’strongest 1v1 spec’’. Because, after all, this game is build wars 2.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Shonuff.2354

Shonuff.2354

lol Eng and necro 1 on 1?
In over a year I have never been hurt or killed by a necro,eng or bow ranger.
Do you people even wvw?

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Do you people even wvw?

Do you play in eb ?

It’s like you have never faced a skilled player, those 3 professions can pull off some of the most powerfull builds.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Do you people even wvw?

Do you play in eb ?

It’s like you have never faced a skilled player, those 3 professions can pull off some of the most powerfull builds.

Exactly this

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

i think engineer, but you must to be very good

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Ranger with a JAR OF BEES!

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Summary of answers: there isn’t a ‘strongest class’, a lot comes down to player skill and whether the person you are facing is also built for 1v1. Then add in the fact that one party or the other will usually get the jump on the other one, and it comes down to skill or which class you are facing.

I’m by no means a great player and I generally run group builds on my toons rather than roaming, and I kill my fair share of roamers (and they kill me, a lot depends on who gets the drop on the other).

Play the classes you find fun to play- I’m stuck on engi (although my ranger and necro are calling me, char bound ranking system and time gating equips etc mean if I play another I lose out on my chosen ‘main’), which is fun to play as there are so many builds you can use- I have 4 sets of armor and weaps for it from an absolute regen tank to complete zerker, condi build and stuff inbetween.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

guardian is weakest 1v1 by far

That’s not true at all. Last night I dueled around 15-20 different players of all classes on my guardian. I only lost two fights, and both of them were to other guardians. It all depends on your build/skill level.

the other classes you were dueling must be really bad/ with bad builds

Roleplayer.

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

To be honest as a roaming static discharge engineer if i get the drop on someone they are dead in seconds

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

and surprise shot could use another 33% or 50% buff anet

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: Varani.9207

Varani.9207

I’ll flat out tell you the major difference I see between me and other BM Bunker Rangers out there using my Build.

They’re still using Wolves and Cats while i’ve switched to Spiders and Malicious Training.

They’re basically at that point the Engineer Rifle Turret + Net Turret combined.

Spiders and Malicious Training are doing great together. But have you tried spider & wolf (with malicious training)?

Mondsucht [MS] Kodash Vragni – Ranger
Charrov – Engineer

Strongest 1 vs. 1 class?

in WvW

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

In a 1v1 duel, any class can win if played by a skilled person.

I have a Mesmer and a Warrior and in most cases, I win more fights on the warrior than the Mesmer. Does that make the Warrior better? Probably not. I just find it more fitting to my style of what I consider “fun.”

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”