in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Re-plugging some of my old suggestions back in here for good measure >.>

New Buildables:
– Walls/Barricades
– Slow Traps
– Buildable Watchtowers
– Buildable Supply Depot (Allow players to deposit supply, not only withdraw)
– Ramps for high terrain/walls (fragile/low hp)

New Camp Upgrades:
– Dolyak Armor: Equip your Dolyaks with the latest and greatest in combat platemail, allowing them to engage enemies when struck and soak up more damage. (requires guard upgrade first)
– Dolyak Carrot: Increase the speed of your Dolyak, allowing it to run to its location.
– Watchtower: Upgrades the camp with a watchtower for your Guild Claimer and grants the Guild Claimer a ranged secondary weapon to defend itself.

New Garrison Upgrades:
– Golem Factory: Upgrade your Garrison with a Golem Factory add-on, allowing for automated Golem creation. Builds 1 Golem every 1 hour, max: 5 Golems. (requires Waypoint Built)
– Runic Portal: Allows portal travel to the Bloodlust Ruins (located between all 5 points) (requires Waypoint built)

New Map-wide Upgrades: (located in Citadel)
– Upgrade Sentries your world controls into small outposts, consisting of 2 Guards, 2 Archers and 1 Scout (marks nearby targets). Requires Home Borderlands Keeps and Garrison under control.

New Structures:
– Skritt Hovel (change functionality similar to claimable forces in Eternal Battlegrounds.) Fortifies the location in the NW of the map to be a new claimable location with bonuses.
– Modniir Stronghold (change functionality similar to claimable forces in Eternal Battlegrounds.) Fortifies the location in the NE of the map to be a new claimable location with bonuses.

New Structural Upgrade:
– Warhorn / Signal Fire (Players activate Warhorn / Signal Fire to debuff enemy attackers, and create a visual / audible que to show players a structure is under attack.)
– Electrified Gates (Players who strike the gate with standard attacks have damage returned.

Gate Upgrades: Reduce gate health by 25% and apply a bonus:

- Dredge Tech: gates are immune to flame blast vulnerability.
- Asuran Tech: gates deal damage back to players striking it without siege, with a 10% chance to stun on damage.
- Sylvari Tech: gates slowly regenerate health without requiring supply, but are twice as vulnerable to Flame Blast.
- Charr Tech: gates cast off metal shards when struck by siege weapons, bleeding and crippling enemies nearby.
- Human Tech: barricades are built on both inner and outer sides, limiting space near the gate entrance.
- Norn Tech: Totemic gates give nearby allies bonus might, and periodically chill enemies (1s per 10s)

Electric Fence (bit of a joke rly)

Who can use it: Electric Fense is an upgrade available to guild members of an owned Keep/Tower/Garrison with Claiming permissions.

What it does: When purchased and completed, Electric Fence will prevent all players from directly interacting with the supply depots of the claimed location. This process can be activated and deactivated by an NPC.

Players attempting to access the Supply Depot without permission will be given a quick shock, and a small amount of damage or blindness.

Why use this: This is to alleviate issues with trolls, and players who do not know build procedures within higher value structures, unintentionally (or ex Trolls, intentionally) delaying the progress of structure upgrades, or preventing them completely.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

Nice nice. Good thinking intresting stuff.

Question what the point of posting such stuff??
THis will never happen in game because there is no wvw team any more and most likely after 2015 this game mode will be closed.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Created similar posts in the past as well and agree with many of the above. The more tools that the devs allow players to have the more potential that each map will be different and that keeps WvW fresh. Not to mention it allows for tie-ins to other parts of the game. Example allow those upgrades to be built using coin or materials. Barricade, 5 silver or 50 elder wood/ 50 iron / 50 leather and 1 silver. Upgrade your borderland w/ map upgrade and your home server PvE players gain 2% boost in magic find while your borderland keep has the boost. Mega servers created a divide, WvW could do even more to bring people back together and still enjoy the benefits of fuller maps.

2 cents, +1 here from me.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’ve stopped suggesting content, they probably won’t do anything anyway and if they do it’s going to be a farming area like EotM, not a real competitive area.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

All of these suggestions sound like a lot of fun!

On the same note I was day dreaming about wvw enhancements like this and I realized just about anything half as creative as this would be awesome. What if we could place our own cannons for example? Its a much simpler concept that siege disablers.

Balance be kittened! Both sides have what ever new gimick anet thinks up over a 3 martini lunch and then next week invent a counter to last weeks fiasco. Sure we would complain hilariously but we’d luv you for it anet.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Zietlogik.6208

I’ve stopped suggesting content, they probably won’t do anything anyway and if they do it’s going to be a farming area like EotM, not a real competitive area.

it may seem futile, but I don’t think that’s the best reason to stop doing something that you believe is helpful….if it was just mundane suggestions with no purpose, then sure :/

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

All great ideas, but not gonna happen.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

All great ideas, but not gonna happen.

Are you not entertained!? 3 tag colors should keep you busy for a while:
Red/Yellow/Purple/Blue/Red/Yellow/Purple/Red/Blue/Yellow…

I can change tag color all day long and pretend that we don’t know who will win 12 hours after reset.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Synosius.9876

The commander tag colors were not for wvw. The colors are for the multiple commanders leading champ, karka, sw farming.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

thats pretty sad if anet does not have a wvw team anymore

one more reason for me to move on to a new game asap

edit: P.S I like the suggestions to stuff like this could defiantly make wvw more fun

(edited by caveman.5840)

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Peterson.8345

Peterson.8345

thats pretty sad if anet does not have a wvw team anymore

one more reason for me to move on to a new game asap

thats what most of the wvw players are doing right now, just waiting for a new, better game… and as soon its shows up there’s not gonna be any more wvw… and I dont blame those ppl, seriously, 2+ years of ignorance and with changes almost always for worse in wvw… :/ :/

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

I actually thought this would be a bland or completely unrealistic set of suggestions, but I’m actually impressed and like these suggestions. It would certainly make WvW a lot more creative with making makeshift barricades, watch towers to lock down strategic locations. +1 very nice.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Zietlogik.6208

wait, there is no WvW tea mat ALL anymore? /disappoint

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

+1 to most of those suggestions…
But as said earlier, WvW won’t live past 2015 due to a combination of many things…

Alot of WvW guilds/players always say they only log on for their guild raids/friends so as it stands it’s only the community that’s holding WvW together apparently….

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

1st: Don’t stop posting! These are great ideas, and all of the people who say it is useless have given up hope. While this is understandable, I personally have not given up hope that Anet will eventually work on WvW.
2nd: To everyone who says that WvW is going to be removed in 2015, I personally think you are wrong. You just think that because the blobs are becoming smaller, no one plays anymore, but WvW has a very loyal player base and I do not think it will be ended. Besides, it does not make sense to end WvW since it is already implemented and wouldn’t be that large of a strain to just maintain it as-is (I may just be ignorant and refusing to believe that WvW is a non-issue, but I would prefer to stay that way)

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

good stuff, +1, keep on truckin, #gw2revival

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Arkenbon.7301

Arkenbon.7301

I would really appreciate an actual content update to wvw, there hasn’t been a revamp of existing content let alone new stuff in such a long time, if ever.

Adding new content to wvw would be a good first step in bringing people back into it, or into it for the first time. Designing a new reward system of sorts to put it on par with even PvE would also really help to improve the current state of things. Giving personal rewards for defending objectives would be a huge step in the right direction.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Have the Skritt and Centaur camps in the Borderlands always been the way they are now? I was thinking they could easily be changed into Mercenary camps similar to the Ogres/Dredge/Hylek in EBG, which could provide additional guards for the northern camps as well as wandering patrols between N camp and the northern Towers.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: RayneSilverthorn.7590

RayneSilverthorn.7590

I love all of these ideas

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Some of our commanders are starting to use the tag colors pretty well to lead squads within the zerg, for example a specialized front line melee group, stealth/scout/tap group, everybody else group.

For the Toast!

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Have the Skritt and Centaur camps in the Borderlands always been the way they are now? I was thinking they could easily be changed into Mercenary camps similar to the Ogres/Dredge/Hylek in EBG, which could provide additional guards for the northern camps as well as wandering patrols between N camp and the northern Towers.

I would be really surprised to see Anet do any kind of improvement to these old map. Specially since they said they would rather do new maps.

These old maps have huge potential but it is wasted. What about the ORBS? Thats like half the gameplay that was bluntly removed and never replaced with anything else.
The Ruins, reduced to standing in circles for a buff nobody needs; another waste of potential.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

+1 good stuff OP! Add in transforms like in EotM and the Silverwaste please? Golems shouldn’t be the only mobile transform in WvW.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

That’s actually something I’d love to see; the ability to go buy the EotM consumables, and use them in the “real” WvW maps. There’d be less need for scouts to do the (pretty thankless) job of sentrying objectives when you can just plop Sentry Towers at each gate, which would let players know at once if a Keep is under serious attack or whether it was just a tapper.

Likewise, Air Strike Grenades would be another way of bolstering AoE capabilities for characters with poor AoE skills, and the Kodan Hammers can be used for some strategic maneuvering like blocking off doorways or entrances into SMC, as well as providing projectile absorption shields for catapults/trebuchets.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Synosius.9876

bring back plank

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Zietlogik.6208

bring back plank

What? the only things removed so far i believe are the orb/orb alter in the northern sections of the maps, and the middle island that used to just be swarming with krait (the bloodlust area)

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Synosius.9876

The previous post mentioned eotm consumables, this lead me to thinking about all the other consumables that were banished from wvw.

What im rly getting at is wvw thrives on variety. Spvp becomes more like a moba where everyone is equiped is a similar way. Many of us here prefer wvw because of the greater quantity of customization options.

If anet were to pursue this concept as a way to set it apart from spvp and eotm I believe it would create lasting interest.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Zietlogik.6208

The previous post mentioned eotm consumables, this lead me to thinking about all the other consumables that were banished from wvw.

What im rly getting at is wvw thrives on variety. Spvp becomes more like a moba where everyone is equiped is a similar way. Many of us here prefer wvw because of the greater quantity of customization options.

If anet were to pursue this concept as a way to set it apart from spvp and eotm I believe it would create lasting interest.

The thing about some of the consumables, is that it created some imbalance, ones that gave you stealth, weapon consumables that add portals or high damage.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Zietlogik.6208

Bump: I want to see more of your guy’s ideas! eventually they will have a WvW team built up again, and may work on adding and changing things up a bit, we need to add more fuel to this fire.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Can Dolyak speed increased already? Mesmer focus 4, e.g.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

Good ideas. Shame no one has any confidence that the devs would do anything. The only posts we see the mods in are the ones about ingame trolls. Just a simple reply to each thread would suffice.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’d rather see them upgrade WvW so that we will have the 4 unique maps we were promised in the beginning. I don’t give a kitten if they’re not 100% balanced with each other.

One – Piken Square

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Can Dolyak speed increased already? Mesmer focus 4, e.g.

They can be given swiftness yes, and that actually causes a funny bug where the Dolyak is further ahead than where you can see it on your screen.

One – Piken Square

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

i like most of these ideas. Honestly just adding sentry turrets to the maps would probably work wonders.

As far as there not being devs for WvW thats a load of nonsense. The most recent example of the devs doing something is the sneak attack thing they have recently done. im suspecting that they will do something interesting when the next feature pack drops.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

i like most of these ideas. Honestly just adding sentry turrets to the maps would probably work wonders.

As far as there not being devs for WvW thats a load of nonsense. The most recent example of the devs doing something is the sneak attack thing they have recently done. im suspecting that they will do something interesting when the next feature pack drops.

To be honest, sneak attack does not sound like a very hard thing to create in the game.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Amen to 4 unique maps. Who cares if they are not completely balanced as long as the home map is different every week.

I’d also like to see periodic events on borderlands like the appearance of champion mob that actually drops good loot and/or gives whoever kills it a temporary buff. That was a feature of the RvRvR Conquest map in Rift and it really became the catalyst for some large battles.

Osu

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

To be honest, sneak attack does not sound like a very hard thing to create in the game.

True, but someone had to do it. If there were no devs to work on it, where would it come from?

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

+1 to most of those suggestions…
Alot of WvW guilds/players always say they only log on for their guild raids/friends so as it stands it’s only the community that’s holding WvW together apparently….

^ so true

Naz ©

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Great suggestions. Makes me sad that stuff like this will likely never happen.
There should be more to WvW than just capturing camps, towers and keeps.

[Suggestion] Buildables!

in WvW

Posted by: khemisst.5649

khemisst.5649

This may be a little off topic but one of the thing’s i would change is the outnumbered buff it’s an absolute waste of time in my opinion when your up against a server with huge number’s what good is added xp and magic find when your getting steamrollered a more useful buff would be added point’s to all stats sort of like guard stack’s while you are outnumbered or something like what was said earlier watch tower’s that spawn in any camp/tower you control to help defend against the rampaging hordes.