[Suggestion] Commanders and Raids - Why not?

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Comedy Gold, I’m glad someone dug this Gem up. If there was ever any doubt about how little they care or the lack of attention given to WvW vs. every other aspect of the game this post from Devon should put that to rest.

You can’t really blame Devon, he’s probably handcuffed with the resources and devs allocated. It’s more of a fail with NCsoft and Anet general lead. They have a game plan and revenue model and unfortunately it doesn’t include meaningful WvW updates.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Comedy Gold, I’m glad someone dug this Gem up. If there was ever any doubt about how little they care or the lack of attention given to WvW vs. every other aspect of the game this post from Devon should put that to rest.

You can’t really blame Devon, he’s probably handcuffed with the resources and devs allocated. It’s more of a fail with NCsoft and Anet general lead. They have a game plan and revenue model and unfortunately it doesn’t include meaningful WvW updates.

I’d prefer him saying exactly that to “LOL SOON JK NOT REALLY HERE’S A BALL TO BOUNCE”.

Or, better yet, I’d prefer radio silence instead of meaningless teasing and carrots on a stick.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

I’d prefer radio silence instead of meaningless teasing and carrots on a stick.

It works for politicians. Vague comments suggesting they are listening and it’s in their list of goals. Nothing ever does get fixed or changed, but they listened at least.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I’d prefer radio silence instead of meaningless teasing and carrots on a stick.

It works for politicians. Vague comments suggesting they are listening and it’s in their list of goals. Nothing ever does get fixed or changed, but they listened at least.

Having a functioning government is the difference between life and death for many of the governed. Thus, politicians can get away with delay tactics, bald-faced lies, and the “I’m listening to your concerns” line because what are you going to do? Revolt? Maybe; but that’s a rather rare occurrence and things have to get really, really bad before it comes to that. So politicians can carry on in that vein knowing there’s little the public will do about it.

A games company, on the other hand, not so much. Disappoint the customers enough by failing to deliver and eventually they walk away. Furthermore, unlike a government, GW2 isn’t the only game in town. There’s competition. It’s imperative a games company does the best they can to set themselves above the competition by taking their customers’ needs into consideration and delivering a product that meets expectations.

Unfortunately, some game companies take a page from governments/politicians and believe that creating a similar corporate culture is the way to go.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

If only there was a dev team out there that is Unchained from the higher ups and able to develop a really good open world PvP game.

Tarnished Coast WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

If only there was a dev team out there that is Unchained from the higher ups and able to develop a really good open world PvP game.

Then we will have achieved the gaming equivalent of Utopia, Nirvana, Camelot, or any other enlightened and perfected state to which you prefer to liken it.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Gro, You trying to get infracted?

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Here’s a suggestion, instead of necro bumping make a thread – call it, “Compilation of Promises” and link all these dev posts and threads there. I don’t think it would be against ToS.

(edited by Nick.6972)

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Nick that thread will last for less than 10 minutes. They op will be infracted for breaking tos.

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

how long till this thread is locked too and everybody gets infracted?

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.