[Suggestion] How about you make WvWvW smaller?

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Instead of trying to do 150v150v150 that isn’t even possible for some servers

bring it down to maybe 40 to 60 and bring down the size of the map, then add overflow mechanic like eotm. This way outnumbered won’t be a problem, its a good guild size, and zergballing isn’t so aggressive.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Er, so almost all of T1, 2, and 3 won’t be able to play?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Bad idea. The issue currently is this fail of a swiss tournament system. It is causing a lot of bad matchups this week.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Hmm, So you want more people in queues than are in WvW? =b, I know some servers are already this way, BG is close on EBg but yeah, with this change and a current avg of ~100 in queue we’d be looking at 40-60 playing and 200 in queue…

Now lowering it on t3 servers /shrug something worth discussing imo, making a global change that would affect t1… absolutely not.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The swiss tournament system itself is not fail. It’s all the transfers pre-season and fail of Glicko-2 to quickly compensate for SoR server implosion and HoD bandwagon that was fail.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Quote: then add overflow mechanic like eotm

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

WvWvW was designed to have a growing cap not a shrinking cap.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

50% of them can play, the other 50% should move to T6-9 to be able to play or stay in queue of T1-3, if they prefer.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

@OP:

Bad idea. The issue currently is this fail of a swiss tournament system. It is causing a lot of bad matchups this week.

Even before the tournament there where bad matchups

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I know crop the BLs down so that all we have is Stonemist.
Add server waypoint to North, SW and SE.

Now we have an awesome small map where no-one can hide behind walls or ACs; just good old fashion deathmatch!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Aly Cat.9415

Aly Cat.9415

Quote: then add overflow mechanic like eotm

EoTM IS the overflow for WvW. That’s the whole reason it was created.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-world-queue-improvements/

50% of them can play, the other 50% should move to T6-9 to be able to play or stay in queue of T1-3, if they prefer.

Many of us have been on our servers since launch. Why should we be punished for bandwagoners?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Many of us have been on our servers since launch. Why should we be punished for bandwagoners?

Inconveniance for
a) winning due to bandwagoners
b) posting recruitment thread that attract the bandwagoners

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Instead of trying to do 150v150v150 that isn’t even possible for some servers

bring it down to maybe 40 to 60 and bring down the size of the map, then add overflow mechanic like eotm. This way outnumbered won’t be a problem, its a good guild size, and zergballing isn’t so aggressive.

Yea, there’s 2 primary reasons behind why I don’t enjoy WvW even though I love PvP:

1) The maps are so huge that most of your time is spent running to objectives where you outnumber your enemy or running from areas where your enemy outnumbers you.

2) Since there’s no time limitations, there’s no real sense of winning or losing. Ultimately, it feels very pointless.

I would love to see a PvP mode larger than sPvP with multiple objectives, but sadly WvW is such a far extreme of that, it completely misses the mark.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

@OP:

The Swiss Style Tournament is always going to have an unbalanced week 2. The other 8 weeks should be pretty good however.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Instead of reducing the map cap, the maps need to be enlarged.

If you can’t deal with pug zergs, might need to revise your tactics and such. I was in EoTM tonight and was farming pug zergs of 40+ with only ~15 people (to be fair, they didn’t even fight back… they just took it like a champ). The problem is the close proximity to waypoints allowing for the dead to run back before the fight is even over.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Aly Cat.9415

Aly Cat.9415

Inconveniance for
a) winning due to bandwagoners
b) posting recruitment thread that attract the bandwagoners

Seriously?

#1. Games don’t punish people for winning.
#2. I don’t recruit…?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Yea, there’s 2 primary reasons behind why I don’t enjoy WvW even though I love PvP:

1) The maps are so huge that most of your time is spent running to objectives where you outnumber your enemy or running from areas where your enemy outnumbers you.

2) Since there’s no time limitations, there’s no real sense of winning or losing. Ultimately, it feels very pointless.

I would love to see a PvP mode larger than sPvP with multiple objectives, but sadly WvW is such a far extreme of that, it completely misses the mark.

Your comments are interesting because, after getting more into sPvP, I been feeling that sPvP is a micro version of WvWvW but where you get better fights and can play for PPT in a more meaningful way.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

a significant fraction of my guildmates who no longer play GW2 left because they got bored with the existing maps. they were too small, it was too easy to learn every part of them, and there were too few of them (only 2, the borderland map and the EBG map).

instead of fewer players on our existing maps, what we need are more maps or bigger maps, even if the latter option means raising the cap to allow more players.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

a significant fraction of my guildmates who no longer play GW2 left because they got bored with the existing maps. they were too small, it was too easy to learn every part of them, and there were too few of them (only 2, the borderland map and the EBG map).

instead of fewer players on our existing maps, what we need are more maps or bigger maps, even if the latter option means raising the cap to allow more players.

-ken

Well, more players per map wouldn’t benefit anything, especially for Ebay, who can’t fill all 4 BL’s as it is.

Smaller maps caps wouldn’t benefit Ebay or smaller servers either.

New maps, would be great. Replace EB with EoTM, that would add some spice to WvW. Or have another set of BLs, and rotate between them each week. It can be done, and I wish they would do it.

But, no, don’t make it smaller. T1 through T3 already has a ton of queues, why would we want more?

in WvW

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Or how about just fix skill lag, how does ESO do it? Get tips from them, zero lag with 200+ man battles.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Or how about just fix skill lag, how does ESO do it? Get tips from them, zero lag with 200+ man battles.

Never mind that, I regularly play Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars (a game from 2009 with probably <1/10 the budget of GW2) online with 150 v 150 battles – cannons, mortars, all the stuff that WvW has – and zero lag. None.

in WvW

Posted by: aldwid.7548

aldwid.7548

Instead of reducing the map cap, the maps need to be enlarged.

If you can’t deal with pug zergs, might need to revise your tactics and such. I was in EoTM tonight and was farming pug zergs of 40+ with only ~15 people (to be fair, they didn’t even fight back… they just took it like a champ). The problem is the close proximity to waypoints allowing for the dead to run back before the fight is even over.

I think this is kind of a good idea. Make bls really, really huge then people will get tired of following commanders after a while and put more objects to cap. Ah it would be so much fun wandering around in WvW all day.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Agree… please make this game mode playable and enjoyable.

I vote for 50 players per side per map. And please start giving rewards for events: instead of giving chests for killing the champions, give chests for events: defend stonemist? Get 3 chests with badges, rare items and siege.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Make it a round 40 per side and rename it to Alterac Valley.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

have yet to actually see a 200+ man battle in the game, and I am in the auriel bow campaign.

in WvW

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

The problem I see in WvW is seeing the outnumbered icon showing up way too many hours in a day. The outnumbered buffs are a joke. I’d rather see some sort of fair handicap system implemented to keep all colors on each map have an even advantage regardless of time of day. ANET needs to find ways to even the playing field when most of the players are in bed or at work/school on any given server. I’d like to see an end of the bandwagon effect, but there is money to made from server hopping.