Suggestion: Revive Sickness in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Revive Sickness should be applied to a player when they are revived from being fully dead. If they do not want Revive Sickness, then they should Waypoint.

For those wvwers who never use the revive orbs, you revive with 50% health, and are in combat for 60 seconds.

We already had the nerf where you need to be out of combat to rez someone. Unfortunately large groups still have an easy time rezzing their dead mid fight since the enemy group is not able to keep the entire enemy zerg in combat, this at least will put those people who were rezzed locked in combat for a reasonable time preventing the cycle from repeating over and over again and giving the enemy a little better chance defeating sustain groups with heavy mercy rune use.

Once this is implemented we can look at how it improved gameplay vs large groups, and if it is not enough, perhaps see if we can make rez sickness persistent in death with an added debuff that you cannot be rezzed until the timer is done. The goal is not to punish people rezzing their buddies after an engagement is done (or a roamer picks one off and flees), but to discourage what i see as unhealthy abuse of mechanics through rezzing during the fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

This is interesting. I would like to see something like this at least trialed.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

Being on both Maguuma and TC I find it interesting that you are complaining about map blobs (specifically TC) and abusing mechanics (specifically Magumma.)

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

No. I think if the opposite team can get their downed up there should be no penalty. Sometimes you need to rez your downed, especially if you have a smaller group.

There should be no penalty expect the opposite team should feel stupid for letting you lol.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Being on both Maguuma and TC I find it interesting that you are complaining about map blobs (specifically TC) and abusing mechanics (specifically Magumma.)

What relevance does the server I’m on have to this suggestion? The servers themselves lost their identity long ago well before the linkings came.

No. I think if the opposite team can get their downed up there should be no penalty. Sometimes you need to rez your downed, especially if you have a smaller group.

There should be no penalty expect the opposite team should feel stupid for letting you lol.

Im not sure if you are speaking of full downed or downstate. If it’s the former then you are wrong. Being fully dead is supposed to put you out of the engagement, your extra chances are downstate, rallies and skills that revive you. You don’t need more than that, if you do then you are a hindrance to your grouo

(edited by neven.3785)

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Once dead there should be no possible revival, period. If downed, then yes.

I am wondering if a DP, such as was used in GW1 (like lowering HP pool) would before useful. It would make underpopulated servers even more decimated, so something like this would need to be thought out well.