[Suggestion] Team chat change

in WvW

Posted by: zNOMbie.8609

zNOMbie.8609

When using team chat to speak team wide, implement automatic labeling for player location. Ex: Znombie [EBG]: Enemy zerg on keep.

Too many people aren’t stating their map location (Ex: EBG, YBBL, BGBL, ect.) before making calls. Most people aren’t even aware of the change, and its only going to continue since new players will not know, and returning players will be clueless.

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

I would really like for this new team chat to just be removed and reverted to the old team chat. It has mainly only been used for trolling and random chat spam so far. Toxic members of a WvW community are just going to use team chat to flame and shame members of their server where EVERYONE can see it.

Servers have pretty much already formed other ways to scout across maps. This new team chat really just makes life easier for trolls.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

I would really like for this new team chat to just be removed and reverted to the old team chat. It has mainly only been used for trolling and random chat spam so far. Toxic members of a WvW community are just going to use team chat to flame and shame members of their server where EVERYONE can see it.

Servers have pretty much already formed other ways to scout across maps. This new team chat really just makes life easier for trolls.

So because a few people are trolling, we should abandon it already? Give it a little time and see if it settles down first. Day 1 was useless. Day 2 was already much better. If there are still a few people that feel the need to troll, then block them.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I would really like for this new team chat to just be removed and reverted to the old team chat. It has mainly only been used for trolling and random chat spam so far.

Thats a server problem, its not happening on my server. So no it shouldn’t be reverted. Its a welcome change as far as I’m concerned.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

If you don’t want to use team chat, use map chat. If you don’t want to see team chat, turn it off.

There’s no sense at all in reverting team chat to its prior state of being a redundant clone of map chat.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

If you don’t want to use team chat, use map chat. If you don’t want to see team chat, turn it off.

There’s no sense at all in reverting team chat to its prior state of being a redundant clone of map chat.

+1

Also: you don’t need the location of the one typing in map team chat, people should be intelligent enough to add that on their own if neccessary. Let the novelity wear off – I’m confident it will become better over time.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

This is an oversight

However it should not be [ ] brackets , it should be some other brackets so they do not get confused with guild tags

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Kaldo.7960

Kaldo.7960

As a commander i really would have wished u guys would have added another channel for this

leading mostly during the day needs a lot of maphopping and since posting waypoints in mapchat leads to being restricted because of “spamming” after a while, teamchat was used for that

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As a commander i really would have wished u guys would have added another channel for this

leading mostly during the day needs a lot of maphopping and since posting waypoints in mapchat leads to being restricted because of “spamming” after a while, teamchat was used for that

That “issue” literally make no sense, since with the new teamchat you can still post a waypoint in teamchat and make all maps see it, giving your borderhop zerg potential new joining players from entire WvW. The only thing we need is new standards on coms rather than diffuse quick links, like “[bay waypoint] borderhop 1 going here”.

Well unless of course they disabled teamchat within 5 minutes of release just like I did.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

The true fixes to the WvW chat issues are:

1.) Add some sort of identifier relating to the BL the commenter is speaking from (server BL Name, server color for text…etc)
2.) Increase message count (or remove restriction) someone can speak in a given time. removing may not be viable as some people would then abuse it so it may be better to increase the number of messages/timeframe before being suppressed.

If these were implemented then problem solved.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I agree… and the map chat should have that ridiculous spam restriction removed from it.

Edit Note: I have removed Team chat from my msg box now.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I think the suppression should be added to Team chat and taken away or reduced for map chat. My god I’ve never seen so many trolls and jerks in chat.

Ben K; I think you’re on my server, that was ridiculous last night. I chat blocked more people last night than I have in 4 years on the server. And reported a few it was so bad.

If the trolls cause everyone to turn off Team chat then it loses its value. Its a great idea to be able to make calls to other maps. But the trolls must be controlled. I encourage everyone to report the jerks spamming Team chat; hopefully Anet brings out the ban hammer.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

I love that I can now call for help across maps. Now I would like the message suppression that was (and may still be) not on team chat to be added to general Map chat. As far as what bl or etc a person is on I think like most changes this will become a non- issue with knowledge and training. As a person answering just ask them where they are calling for help, eventually everyone will learn to say what bl they are on before being asked.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If you have problems with people trolling it and naming and shaming i have a little secret to share with ya: BLOCK them.

But ya to many ppl saying “inc keep” without saying which map, or even which keep.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Part of the problem is people simply don’t know that Team chat is now cross-map. It’s seems a large part of the player base never reads the patch notes.

The non-trolls will eventually adapt, but yeah, it couldn’t hurt to add a map identifier tag of some sort to help streamline the call outs.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

But ya to many ppl saying “inc keep” without saying which map, or even which keep.

Even with the old chat and knowing which keep that would still have been the lousiest of scout reports.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I think this is a people problem in so far as people are dumb and need to put the location of where they are or what they are talking about in team chat.

That’s not to say it couldn’t be improved by the OP’s suggestion though I would simply use 4 tags for the player location which don’t have to be changed because of server:

EBG: Eternal Battleground.
BBL: Blue Borderland.
GBL: Green Borderland.
RBL: Red Borderland.

Also increasing the number of times a commander can say things in map chat before becoming suppressed would be good. Don’t remove it completely as the last thing I want is Commander Troll on his epic journey to annoy the server but allowing a commander to type more in map chat before being suppressed would mean they won’t get suppressed for giving commands.