Suggestion, pips for killing enemies

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

With the rampant AFK for rewards clearly a thing in WvW now,

You should add to the pips that, for every 100 enemies you kill in a Skirmish you get +1 pips, this means that the players who are actively playing the game, are getting rewarded for doing so, make it stack to say +5 Pips.

It will also encourage more open field battles, which im glad to see is more of a thing now.

Thoughts?

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

it does encourage fighting to win as opposed to turning eb into some sort of remake of EoTM karma farming. and yes i had someone actually suggest we let them take EB keep so that we could retake it for champ bag while we waited for pip.

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What happens then if people agree to kill each other in turn in order to get pips?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I disagree with this, way too easy to exploit. At the most say 3 players killed in the 5 minute time frame can equal 1 pip. As it is, loot dropped plus wxp from bag farming is already out of balance and promotes people running in massive blobs. Throwing free pips for farming people will just give them even more loot for mindless game play.

Allowing for 3 people let’s roamers have a chance for it and also means people.in massive blobs running down roamers won’t get all get rewarded.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

No. Terrible idea. It’s bad enough that stacked servers get massively more pips due to their previous blobbyness, now you want to give them more?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

No. Terrible idea. It’s bad enough that stacked servers get massively more pips due to their previous blobbyness, now you want to give them more?

I can agree with this statement, although as a PPKer more than a PPTer, I also agree with more PIPs pending on kills, however BvB isn’t something that myself or a mot of PPKers I know care for due to the imminent lag (either general or skill)

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I am on FSP and im averaging 5 pips per tick, I have a friend on another server who gets outmanned and is ticking for 11 pips per tick,

Your logic is flawed.

You should be rewarded more for actually playing the game, and not sitting AFK or siege humping all day.