T1 is a hammerfest...

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

I hit them with my hammer, they hit me back with their hammer, everyone is a heavy wailing away with a hammer. Every time I die it is six guys with hammers and maybe a meteor shower. It has been weeks since I got hit with a mind wrack or even a backstab. I see a blurred frenzy or hip shot on my log and I get all nostalgic.

I am playing a shout heals hammer warrior because you are either on the hammer train or under it.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I hit them with my hammer, they hit me back with their hammer, everyone is a heavy wailing away with a hammer. Every time I die it is six guys with hammers and maybe a meteor shower. It has been weeks since I got hit with a mind wrack or even a backstab. I see a blurred frenzy or hip shot on my log and I get all nostalgic.

I am playing a shout heals hammer warrior because you are either on the hammer train or under it.

We have this problem thanks to Anet failure in implanting diminishing return in terms of CC. Also the immobolize stack is beyond insane right now. All these signs push people to play those easy classes which has access to numerous stablites.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

I didn’t even complain when necros down me in 5sec with all the conditions in the game at once. Maybe I should open a thread QQing about that as well? Allow different classes to use what they do best.

Hmm, maybe i should open a thread about how you cry on the forums constantly.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

I didn’t even complain when necros down me in 5sec with all the conditions in the game at once. Maybe I should open a thread QQing about that as well? Allow different classes to use what they do best.

Is that true.. then people should stop posting threads that are just too funny for me to not post some opposing thoughts.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Sages.3496

Is that true.. then people should stop posting threads that are just too funny for me to not post some opposing thoughts.

The world doesnt revolve around you, perhaps playing GW2 instead of crying on the forums or dissing others would help your stature. as of now, i honestly do not care what you have to say, rather i am amused by the lack of common sense in your recent posts.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

The world doesnt revolve around you, perhaps playing GW2 instead of crying on the forums or dissing others would help your stature. as of now, i honestly do not care what you have to say, rather i am amused by the lack of common sense in your recent posts.

My post is nevertheless on topic. Are u here to chastise people without a point?

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Sages.3496

My post is nevertheless on topic. Are u here to chastise people without a point?

For the record, there you go again. forgetting the “YO” in you, very little thinking going into your posts.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

Pro tip, learn to dodge so you can stay out of the path of a hammer train.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Sages.3496

Dodge, stability, invuln, these things make a huge difference in T1

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

If you don’t like it….transfer

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Lotta anger here, clearly T1 is a friendly place to be.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

hm you have access to infinite dodges then? 1-2 of em is np, but 4-5+ is and no dimishing returns on cc is something this game could use so people can spam their cc mindlessly whenever they want, but able to penalize themself as they see skill going on cooldown, but no or less effect.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

hm you have access to infinite dodges then? 1-2 of em is np, but 4-5+ is and no dimishing returns on cc is something this game could use so people can spam their cc mindlessly whenever they want, but able to penalize themself as they see skill going on cooldown, but no or less effect.

Use superior sigil of stamina and you will basically have infinite endurance during a zerg fight.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

HTH: Hammer Trains Happen

Attachments:

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

A friendly fellow from BG on Reddit informed me that T1 meta consists of 50+ man hammertrains. Literally the pinnacle of skill and meta evolution.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Tier 1-Tier 3 zergs are mostly focused around hammer guardian. Either learn the meta or go to a lower tier

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I’m not sure what you expect ANet to do about it. I don’t think there’s an easy fix.

Zerg fights, due to their nature, just lend themselves toward heavy, resilient classes. Warriors and Guardians effectively take the roles of tanks in WvW. And if they can’t deal massive damage, CC is the second best thing as it enables others to deal great damage.

I knew Hammer was broken way before the Hammer-Train meta even started. Being able to chain 3-4 consecutive stuns into a target was never going to be fair or balanced in a game with so few abilities.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Use superior sigil of stamina and you will basically have infinite endurance during a zerg fight.

Attachments:

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yep same in tier 2. war, guard, glass ele meta…. u wont see much blurred frenzy as it only needs 1-2 mes for a zerg if u want veil. mes is not viable otherwise(no stability, no aoe), ranger is not viable, necro is being pushed out of meta too( war condi cleanse, ele condi cleanse, no stability, bad combat mobility), engi wouldnt be that bad, but then again what can an engi do better than a warrior?(nothing), there are thieves and they mainly gank and use blinds and pulls, but thats it.
u see where balance fails if u put 30 war vs 30 mes or 30 war vs 30 rangers, the outcome is pretty clear.
war is incredibly easy to play, all your cc is on low cd’s, cc has no dimishing returns, your victim cant even get up or use a block and then super tankiness combined with healing signet and power is just too much.
u wont see man mesmers unless mes gets some form of non ai aoe…shatters wont even hit a zerg if u arent traited with ip.
wvw used to be much better balanced when wvw and spvp balance was split. at least u saw every class represented.
even necros that have aoe skills are slowly dissappearing and i mean its not fun if u are forced to play a war,guard or ele in order to be viable in your favorite game mode. rangers arent even accepted in a lot of guilds….o.0

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

yep same in tier 2. war, guard, glass ele meta…. u wont see much blurred frenzy as it only needs 1-2 mes for a zerg if u want veil. mes is not viable otherwise(no stability, no aoe), ranger is not viable, necro is being pushed out of meta too( war condi cleanse, ele condi cleanse, no stability, bad combat mobility), engi wouldnt be that bad, but then again what can an engi do better than a warrior?(nothing), there are thieves and they mainly gank and use blinds and pulls, but thats it.
u see where balance fails if u put 30 war vs 30 mes or 30 war vs 30 rangers, the outcome is pretty clear.
war is incredibly easy to play, all your cc is on low cd’s, cc has no dimishing returns, your victim cant even get up or use a block and then super tankiness combined with healing signet and power is just too much.
u wont see man mesmers unless mes gets some form of non ai aoe…shatters wont even hit a zerg if u arent traited with ip.
wvw used to be much better balanced when wvw and spvp balance was split. at least u saw every class represented.
even necros that have aoe skills are slowly dissappearing and i mean its not fun if u are forced to play a war,guard or ele in order to be viable in your favorite game mode. rangers arent even accepted in a lot of guilds….o.0

This.

In a keep fight, a competent melee driver will take out any range. The combination of stability, hard cc and hardcrits coming purely from warrior/guardian pretty much steam rolls over every class in keep fights. The range class cannot maneuver and pvt range are kitten.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Do you have acces to infinite amount of condi cleansing ? Do you have acces to anything infinite at all ? No…you dont.Why do you ask the same question when it comes to endurance ? Make sense. Also,how in the world are you people still able to try and make it look like a hamm warr is simply…Spamming away.With a heavy slow telegraphed weapon like that ,you have to time your hits because you dont want to be wasting your stuns,Thus “Not smacking away but timing and anticipating when to land a stun or kd”.Tbh,a hamm warr requires more skill to play then most other AOE Easy mode spam spam spam classes out there that just require a person to be able to run in circles like a kitten spamming aoes behind because theyl Always hit,unlike a slow heavy telegraphed weapon, that needs to be timed to be succesful and with all the blocks,stabi’s,blind spamming,immunity’s,invulnerabilitys,its Much harder to land a hammer stun/kd than it is to spamm your aoe rings allover the place,because honestly..the last requires 0 skill.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Oh we see plenty of Warrior/Guardian hammer trains in T5 too. You see the odd Necro or Ele accompanying them, but honestly they’re simply not needed these days. I’d love for the feature patch to in some way diminish the dominance of the hammer train, but realistically this is just not going to happen. Hammer trains will become even more of a curse when the leagues begin as it’s arguably the easiest and most efficient way to play as a group.

Gandara

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Agreed, way too many stun monkeys now. easy mode.

OP’d thief, lol

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

Yea and I see way too much AoE, root stacking, blind spam, and condition garbage as well…..maybe the game just needs an overhaul?

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

conditions aren’t nearly as bad as perma stun

OP’d thief, lol

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

All these signs push people to play those easy classes which has access to numerous stablites.

wonder why there isn’t more signet rangers then? They are ezmode to play, has access to some of the longest immobilize and stability skills in the game

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Are you NA? Because necromancers aren’t going anywhere in EU. Infact, quite the opposite, the current meta is heavily necro-focused.

Its true that hammer-tank warrior is very easy for a beginner to pick up quickly and start being useful, whereas classes like necro, ele, mes and engi take alot longer to become proficient with. But a good team of Necromancers and Eles who know how to position themselves can and will wreck a hammer-train.

By the way, Necromancers with Foot In The Grave have higher stability-uptime than guardians, and aren’t far behind warriors. Mesmers and Eles with the right traits and utilities also have plenty of access to stability. Just because you refuse to optimise yourself to counter CC, doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

Infact, amongst high-end WvW guilds in EU, the meta is moving away from hammer-CC, because by now most people have figured out how to deal with it. These days, if you use an Earthshaker on a decent enemy, all you’ll get is 5 red “Immune” or ’"Miss".

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

All these signs push people to play those easy classes which has access to numerous stablites.

wonder why there isn’t more signet rangers then? They are ezmode to play, has access to some of the longest immobilize and stability skills in the game

Doesn’t provide stability to the group

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

WvWvW zerg fights have been hammer fest since Autumn 2012 here in EU, pretty much every single tier. The majority of any organized zerg is hammer warriors and staff + shout guardians, supported by staff elementalists and staff + well necromancers. 1-2 mesmers are needed for portals and veils + 1-2 thieves for eating the flanks + doing stealth stomping. But the class imbalance is glaring.

Instead of nerfing earthshaker (2 second AoE stun with under 10 s cooldown and no diminishing returns or drawback, like self-kd), Arenanet keeps buffing warrior and guardian in every single update. Earthshaker should have its radius reduced to 120 (instead of 240, which is way too large) and stun duration reduced to 1 s. Or this game needs to have diminishing returns to hard CC e.g. 1-2 s of immunity after being subjected to hard CC. Some of the support skills and combo field effects should also be seriously looked up by the developers as now every single smart team runs a tightly packed melee train to abuse the 5-man AoE limit and everybody in the melee bubble is buffed with boons and has massive condition removal. There is not enough boon stripping and most condition specs are more or less useless against he melee train as the conditions will be cleansed in a second.

Meta has been stale and boring. Yesterday I heard yet another very good guild (one of the top EU gvg guilds) is quitting GW2 entirely. So sad. :-(

PS. Note to the the developers (if any of you read these threads), I am open for in game or message communication about balancing the WvWvW meta and I can call in several EU top players for that (who are much better players than myself). Each profession should have several viable roles and we should not see any single skill, like earthshaker, dominate the meta. So many variables affect the balance e.g. map design.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Hahah. That’s why this game mode is broken. Hammer trains with necros and elementalists to top the damage.

MANY EPICCCCC. MUCH SKILLS! VERY WOW!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Too much AoE, root stacking, blind spam, perma stun, condition fest… What do you want then, zergs made of zerker roamers trying to chase each other?
As Ragnar said, most top EU guilds are remaking their rosters and focusing more in AoE damage spikes through zerker light classes than going with a huge hammertrain.

Only rangers, thieves and mesmers have a hard time in zergs. These classes are designed for small scale fights and suffer a lot in zergs. Engineers only requires high skilled players, but with a one they are quite awesome.

And if you think necros are getting out, then you haven’t tried a pure zerker staff one or the combo necro-thief. kitten god if they hit.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

A friendly fellow from BG on Reddit informed me that T1 meta consists of 50+ man hammertrains. Literally the pinnacle of skill and meta evolution.

Some maps have 50+ trains but if you go to other maps you can usually find some really good fights. We run with between 15 – 25 and can usually find some guilds that are close to our numbers to fight. What’s been happening on TC lately are guild groups running tagless and a militia commander running with the tag. If something we don’t want to lose comes under attack, all groups come together to defend or coordinate an attack on an enemy keep. I can’t speak for everyone but I’ve been having much fun in T1. I don’t think it’s as much a zergfest as it used to be.

Is it easier to run with 50+ zerg groups? Sure, but our guild commander likes finding the outnumbererd fights. Makes us get better at surviving as a group and we get a feeling of accomplishment when we wipe a group larger than ours.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Bantha.6453

Bantha.6453

Running a none hammer meta takes dedication and patience. VR on Maguuma has been very successful with a ranged comp that melts most anything it comes across (especially hammer trains).

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

If its not working. Use a bigger hammer. On a serious note though as many have mentioned. Hammer for warrior needs to be either a cc wep or a damage wep. Right now its both. Anet seemed like they wanted to go the route of making it a cc wep and reduced the dmg a bit. In the patch before that they buffed the #4 ability making it so you could use it while moving helping the cc even more. So they should just make some more nerfs to dmg of the skils and auto attack of hammer. It still hits way to hard.

(edited by Chuck Zitto.2367)

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I knew Hammer was broken way before the Hammer-Train meta even started. Being able to chain 3-4 consecutive stuns into a target was never going to be fair or balanced in a game with so few abilities.

You mean in a game with zero actual teamplay.
In GW1 you had 7 less abilities on your bar than in GW2 and chain stunning hammer warriors weren’t OP to skillful teams.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Well, what else are you gonna frontline with?

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpy.6027

Grumpy.6027

OMG….. Stop the qqing . First of all I’m on Jade Quarry I play either a necro or mesmer, both that really have no stab and I do t have a problem at all dodging those hammer trains. So instead of using your energy on complaining, do 1 of 3 things, get some skill, go back to pve or transfer.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Hammertrains push in straight lines. You literally dodge left or right and you’re fine. You can rp-walk out of their AoE if you wanted to.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

This is why I left T1 for T2 to find out soft CC spamming worst. Instead of hammer trains full of noobs we have pros that immobilize, yank, chill, fear, stone, confuse, pull, you for days.

T2 players better than T1 players CC is worst and they don’t use hammers.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

We await the changes promised months ago. On paper they didn’t seem, to me, to be enough to change the meta away from World of Hammertrains, though. Goodness knows how long it will take Arenanet to do, but by current trends we should break out the sleeping bags and iron rations.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

because you are either on the hammer train or under it.

yea if you are a baddie. My Ele is usually one of the few people left standing if there is a wipe. I rarely die. I mean why would you even try to go near the train if you arent a Guardian or Warrior? Heavies drive the train and Necros, Eles, and a few Mesmers sit back and pew pew pew. I dont even run toughness because I dont get hit.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

No DR on CC means no E-Sports

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Learn to dodge, time stability well, you’ll be fine. If you think you can run into a hammer train by yourself, no party, and think you can live, you are probably a warrior with a decent amount of boon duration(warriors have a stupid amount of access to stability in this game). Otherwise stop complaining its really not hard to counter. 3 guards in a party with 50% boon duration means constant stability as well.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

All is Vain!!!!

Hello darkness, my old friend.

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

No DR on CC means no E-Sports

I’m pretty sure I don’t want an E-sport out of WvW.

Gate of Madness

T1 is a hammerfest...

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I see your hammer and raise you a Divine Hammer…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUiP5eyx3NM

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.