T2 problem: a real solution.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

so the TL:DR solution is to keep begging for 2v1 alliances, keep throwing gold at people, and talk up SoS like that have the staying power of DB or YB.

There was no 2vs1 a week ago when they beat YB and came in second.

There’s no reason to believe otherwise.

There most certainly was a 2v1. Facts are pesky things and anyone here is free to go look at the stats on gw2score dot com

Take a look at borderland focus for each server last week. Here is what you will see:

FA borderland focus – YBBL 17.1%, SoSBL 6.7%
SoS borderland focus – YBBL 8.5%, FABL 4.3%
YB borderland focus – FABL 13.9%, SoSBL 10.1%

If you don’t think that clearly indicates a 2v1, well, I’m not sure what to tell you. No one is saying FA isn’t strong, but it is fairly evident by now that SoS is not.

RNG says karma is a you know what. Better hope all your paid mercenery guilds don’t jump ship to a higher bidder…

(edited by Boreal.9826)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Current T2 match
YB focus: 19.7% sosbl, 11.5% dbbl
DB focus: 12.4% sosbl, 11.6% ybbl

T2 fa-yb-db match
DB focus: 13.9% ybbl, 4.5% fabl
FA focus: 16% ybbl, 7% dbbl

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

Yep anyone who has been playing in T2 knows YB has done the least of the 2v1’s, and they only did it to stop the 2v1 nonsense and keep those love birds apart.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Next match we are going to shoot for a 20% YBBL presence to beat your 19.7% focus on SOSBL and our previous 16%. Admittedly it’s only Sunday of this match, so our goal is 20% by Sunday.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

First of all, this is NOT a matchup thread. It address the general problem of T2/T3 matchups.

The four servers ranked 4 – 7 have fewer than 20 ratings points between them. The server ranked 8th has more than 250 ratings points fewer than these four.

This means that every week, one of the four is set up with two servers that are extremely overmatched. And because of the small ratings gap between them, it’s basically a toss-up which one of the four gets a boring week.

There is something that players can do to fix this problem: choose one of the four and focus it every single week until its ratings drop to the point that it has significantly more chance of ending up in the T3 matchup.

Which one should be sacrificed? Maybe the one who tower-humps the most? Maybe the one who has the most rude players? Maybe the one that emote-spams the most. It doesn’t matter… but make your alliance now or you may be the target.

TLDR: push one of the T2 servers permanently into T3 by focussing it every week. Within one month it will implode and fall permanently out of T2.

Will not work. The T2 server will gain more in Glicko off the blowout of the T3 servers, than it will lose by the double team.

in WvW

Boreal.9826

Next match we are going to shoot for a 20% YBBL presence to beat your 19.7% focus on SOSBL and our previous 16%. Admittedly it’s only Sunday of this match, so our goal is 20% by Sunday.

Your dedication to your friends on SoS is kind of cute.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Andrew has a pretty good understanding of this. Players are looking for a quick solution but it just won’t happen since the server that ends up in T3 can usually gain rating and it especially won’t be quick with RNG rolls. And the longer this takes, the more time is given for whichever server gets pushed to T3 to get more organized and work to stay in T2.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Don’t you mean DB?

T2 fa-yb-db match

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Boreal.9826

Don’t you mean DB?

T2 fa-yb-db match

I dunno… if you look back farther than that matchup, you’ll see that DB tends to be an opportunist and does what is best for DB. Not unlike YB, and that’s as it should be and how I believe WvW was designed.

Nothing at all like the apparent lovefest between FA and SoS. Or is YB simply that scary to you two?

If the roll FA/YB/DB next week, we’ll just have to wait and see what DB decides to do.

One thing is for sure, the sustained 2v1 against YB has brought the server together and made us stronger. Not to mention, double the fights. I suppose we should be thanking you guys.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I dunno… if you look back farther than that matchup, you’ll see that DB tends to be an opportunist and does what is best for DB. Not unlike YB, and that’s as it should be and how I believe WvW was designed.

Nothing at all like the apparent lovefest between FA and SoS. Or is YB simply that scary to you two?

If the roll FA/YB/DB next week, we’ll just have to wait and see what DB decides to do.

One thing is for sure, the sustained 2v1 against YB has brought the server together and made us stronger. Not to mention, double the fights. I suppose we should be thanking you guys.

But how do you really tell between a 2v1 and “being opportunistic”?

We’ve already seen a FA/YB/DB match. Both YB and DB were “opportunistic” on FA. Then it was SOS/YB/DB match and both servers were “opportunistic” on SOS. Match after that was FA/YB/DB again but this time FA and DB were both “opportunistic” on YB because both servers were trying to secure their position in T2. Then last match was FA/YB/SOS and SOS was “opportunistic” on YB because YB continues to be seen as the bigger threat to FA. As you say this is how WvW should be.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

It wasn’t an argument to begin, just some rant spewing hatred towards us lol
What a server was 2 years ago has nothing to do with what a server is now. So your point is moot anyway.

Thanks for your opinion. The great thing about opinions is that they can be wrong, which is the case here.

The only reason DB keeps coming back up to T2 even after three implosions is because of what it was 2 years ago. It was chosen as a server for Taiwanese players and since launch new Taiwanese players go to DB and help counter any attrition.

Nice try.

Keep repeating that if it helps you sleep better.
SoR was in T1/T2 for a long time, where are they now? Kaineng was in T2 for quite some time, where are they now? Like I said, history has nothing to do with server placement/tier. What matters currently is how you recruit to your own server, whether your community attracts people or you straightaway approach other servers to buy them.

Anyway, I think its cute how you assumed my previous posts to be opinion whereas your first post was full of it (not to mention the hatred). Nice irony!

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

Very simple. Provide evidence. If you want I can post the screenshot again where one of your server commander explicitly said he had deal with DB server leader to fully focus YB. Now go on with your usual rant of how we made a deal with DB too, bla bla bla without any actual evidence to prove it.

TBH, I won’t be surprised if we get 2v1’ed again next week. So yeah, bring it on!

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

in WvW

Boreal.9826

We’ve already seen a FA/YB/DB match. Both YB and DB were “opportunistic” on FA. Then it was SOS/YB/DB match and both servers were “opportunistic” on SOS. Match after that was FA/YB/DB again but this time FA and DB were both “opportunistic” on YB because both servers were trying to secure their position in T2. Then last match was FA/YB/SOS and SOS was “opportunistic” on YB because YB continues to be seen as the bigger threat to FA. As you say this is how WvW should be.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t recall YB and DB ever working together inside an enemy keep, or anywhere else really. I admit, we may have “opportunistically” shared a common focus being FA or SoS.

I first noticed the blatant FA, SoS 2v1 against YB the week before Xmas, and it has continued since then whenever we’ve been matched up.

I have video evidence of FA actively working with SoS to take YB’s EBG keep. Multiple hours worth. At one point, the SoS zerg was flanking YB when they came out to try to kill FA’s golems. Then, one of you blocked for the other when the ring was up and we rushed from spawn. (I would post a link, but I think it’s against the rules here)

That, my friend, goes way beyond “opportunity” and into the realm of collaborative 2v1.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I do recall YB working with HoD (someone post those glorious pictures from FA Garrison with HOD and YB sitting together), nothing has changed over months.
As far as I’m concerned, you already showed FA back then that you’re not interested into fair matchups.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Very simple. Provide evidence. If you want I can post the screenshot again where one of your server commander explicitly said he had deal with DB server leader to fully focus YB. Now go on with your usual rant of how we made a deal with DB too, bla bla bla without any actual evidence to prove it.

TBH, I won’t be surprised if we get 2v1’ed again next week. So yeah, bring it on!

A screenshot of one commander doesn’t show a server effort. At the same time other commanders were hitting DB, like we got waypoints up on DBBL hills and after it was lost we almost got a waypoint up again there. There’s also little point to dig up screenshots of stuff you can read on the other forum of Tyrion saying how he’s pushing on SoS.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I do recall YB working with HoD (someone post those glorious pictures from FA Garrison with HOD and YB sitting together), nothing has changed over months.
As far as I’m concerned, you already showed FA back then that you’re not interested into fair matchups.

They were just being “opportunistic”.

I have a screenshot of that from the HoD side. LOL.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Chairface.9036

A screenshot of one commander doesn’t show a server effort. At the same time other commanders were hitting DB, like we got waypoints up on DBBL hills and after it was lost we almost got a waypoint up again there. There’s also little point to dig up screenshots of stuff you can read on the other forum of Tyrion saying how he’s pushing on SoS.

Yes read that other stuff you’ll see just how dedicated they are to 2v1. Everything from going into detail about how they worked closely together to how famous commanders have spies on every server and even server forums. Its like night and day to this stuff.

in WvW

Boreal.9826

That could be true, as I wasn’t on YB back then.

However, I was on TC and we had our own short fling with JQ versus big bad Blackgate. In my view, it really sucked and it felt dirty to basically be in bed with the enemy (ie. it went beyond opportunity into a 2v1). To top it off, it was quite boring having essentially half the targets to go after.

One thing is for sure, you can definitely say that FA and SoS have advanced this concept from what was previously isolated cases, into full mastery. Congo rats!

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Yes read that other stuff you’ll see just how dedicated they are to 2v1. Everything from going into detail about how they worked closely together to how famous commanders have spies on every server and even server forums. Its like night and day to this stuff.

I’m well acquainted with what has been written on that other forum. Thank you.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

One thing is for sure, you can definitely say that FA and SoS have advanced this concept from what was previously isolated cases, into full mastery. Congo rats!

Do you need screenshots of SoS complaining about FA 2v1-ing them with YB’s help during this time when FA and SoS were also 2v1-ing YB?

One thing I can definitely say for sure is that YB was a good teacher.

JQ and TC’s 2v1 didn’t ultimately do anything to BG because they always had the population and coverage to recover from that with no threat of getting dumped into a dead tier. Now with four T2 servers and a dead tier below, the threat is real so the competition became high.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Boreal.9826

Do you need screenshots of SoS complaining about FA 2v1-ing them with YB’s help during this time when FA and SoS were also 2v1-ing YB?

One thing I can definitely say for sure is that YB was a good teacher.

Subjective complaints aren’t really worth much. I mean, once upon a time you guys were actually pretty salty with each other.

I’m far more interested in objective proof of YB working with either FA or SoS. Screenshots or video will do, thank you.

See, I actually know the real reason behind all this. You guys long for the good old days of T2, and you feel threatened by YB’s reputation and supposed play style. Ironically, DB is more similar to that rep than your servers.

If you opened your mind a bit, you’d see that the T2 servers, including YB, are all converging on an equilibrium point of coverage, PPT, and fight guilds.

The only problem is there are 4 servers and dwindling glicko in T3. That definitely sucks.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

You guys long for the good old days of T2

Which good ol’ days? You mean TC/FA/<bandwagon of the month>? Or are you referring to Season 2 and the GvG thing going on there because FA wasn’t in T2 in Season 2.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Subjective complaints aren’t really worth much.

Best ironic quote of the night!

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

#T2MaguumaRevival

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Chaba.5410

And yes, we were pretty salty with each other. It says something that SoS and FA both turned some focus on YB. It was honestly the only way sometimes to get a fight out of YB.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Boreal.9826

Which good ol’ days? You mean TC/FA/<bandwagon of the month>? Or are you referring to Season 2 and the GvG thing going on there because FA wasn’t in T2 in Season 2.

No, I’m referring to this mystical “fights tier” that folks seem to go on about. edit: see fishball’s reply. :P

BTW, you’re pretty good at taking quotes out of context.

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

topic should be changed into “YB crying for 2v1 thread”

inb4 thread lock

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Chaba.5410

No, I’m referring to this mystical “fights tier” that folks seem to go on about. edit: see fishball’s reply. :P

FA wasn’t in that mystical “fights tier” for the most part. It was already in a state of collapse after Season 2.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Boreal.9826

topic should be changed into “YB crying for 2v1 thread”

inb4 thread lock

Well now, why would YB be crying? We’re currently enjoying a fun week.

This mild back and forth has been fun, and a rare thing on this forum. I agree, this will be locked soon. So thanks, and enjoy your week!

in WvW

Boreal.9826

FA wasn’t in that mystical “fights tier” for the most part. It was already in a state of collapse after Season 2.

The particular server isn’t important. Unless it involves YB, since the “fights tier” types view it as incompatible with the concept. Aside from those who have transferred to YB, of course.

If people would be objective about it, they’d admit that YB culture is moving towards more open field fighting, due to the new guilds but also homegrown. Some of our well known PPT leaders have been driving and wiping enemy zergs. Guess what, they really seem to enjoy it.

Yes, we have been PPT like crazy lately, just like FA and the other T2 servers. Because none of us want to drop and get bogged down in T3. PPT for survival, if you will.

in WvW

NiloyBardhan.9170

It sure does when that commander conveys the message throughout the whole server. It doesn’t take a genius to realize what happened.
Anyway, we have moved on and so have you (I guess). Good luck in future matches with us

All I want to say is that its gonna take more than that to get us out of the tier. Even RNGesus is also on our side LOL. I won’t count out the possibility of FA/DB spending another week in T3 next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Ew, another troll thread for server champion warriors to lobby for ganging up on a server.

Doesn’t this kind of garbage belong on the garbage forum? Can this joke of a thread be shut down and deleted now?

in WvW

Chaba.5410

The particular server isn’t important. Unless it involves YB, since the “fights tier” types view it as incompatible with the concept.

Yes, the server does matter. Understand your opponents.

FA has a large core of veterans that have been working to stay out of T3 because the RNG rolls and WvW Tournament divisions have twice kittened with this community, split it even, and no one here wants a repeat of that. YB’s opportunistic tactics and turtling are seen as the biggest threat to FA remaining in T2 because it makes other servers ignore YB.

It is good if YB is changing in that regard. Putting a focus on YB and flipping your upgraded stuff all the time encourages YB to play less defensively. I already read posts by YB players saying how PPT doesn’t matter. Wouldn’t have gotten there without that focus.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

It sure does when that commander conveys the message throughout the whole server.

Things may be more organized on YB for such a thing to occur; not on FA. Lots of people have told that commander they’re going to play how they want. Staying focused on a single server is hard for us. It got easier once more people realized that the T1-style “pick a single server to focus for a whole week” tactic combined with the turtling was pushing us to T3.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Ew, another troll thread for server champion warriors to lobby for ganging up on a server.

Doesn’t this kind of garbage belong on the garbage forum? Can this joke of a thread be shut down and deleted now?

If you don’t like to read explanations of the thought processes behind certain PPT-oriented server-wide strategies, then no need to comment.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Dhemize.8649

If you don’t like to read explanations of the thought processes behind certain PPT-oriented server-wide strategies, then no need to comment.

Please don’t prattle on about other servers in hopes of trying to convince others to gang fight for you. Your anger is spilling out all over the official forums now. Back off.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Please don’t prattle on about other servers in hopes of trying to convince others to gang fight for you. Your anger is spilling out all over the official forums now. Back off.

Oh yes, I’m so angry. /sarcasm

That’s why I’m taking my time to convince YB players to gang fight for me.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

TLDR: push one of the T2 servers permanently into T3 by focussing it every week. Within one month it will implode and fall permanently out of T2.

So your “solution” is to just try and implode a server? That is utterly ridiculous, and would create more problems than it “solves”. If you want to stop kitten like this happening than you need to stop the cause of it all; bandwagons. Thankfully, bandwagons usually implode themselves fairly quickly. I’m sure DB is used to it by now.

Oh and YBers trying for the bleeding heart 2v1, we all know what you did to FA in S2.

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

Best ways to solve T2 problems is to have ANET stop manipulating match ups. Find it hard to believe that FA gets a Tier 3 match up this week allowing YB to stay in tier 2. What were the percentages off this happening ANET? Some crappy match manipulations going on that are making lots of people salty. ANET, #1 trolls NA lol.

in WvW

Dhemize.8649

And it continues. If you want to vent for anything that happened during [enter obligatory time period here] go to the community troll forum.

The OP set up a sketchy tone for this thread to begin with and all that has been produced is more 2v1 conspiracy theories and grudges. Enough. Let this die off on page 5+ with the other “solutions”.

/kill thread

in WvW

Chairface.9036

Best ways to solve T2 problems is to have ANET stop manipulating match ups. Find it hard to believe that FA gets a Tier 3 match up this week allowing YB to stay in tier 2. What were the percentages off this happening ANET? Some crappy match manipulations going on that are making lots of people salty. ANET, #1 trolls NA lol.

Does ANET post the % chances of the server matchups? I thought everyone was just going off of some numbers a guy crunched from mos.

He even says that depending on what day he crunches and how the final score will end up that these %’s are not real.

YB has made a hard push every Friday that they get 2v1’ed. Nobody really knows what was up.

(edited by Chairface.9036)

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.