Tactivators alphine BL? Yes or No

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I don’t think objections to the way World vs. World has been handled are noise. Many valid concerns have been raised over time. I just feel as though with some older players ArenaNet is doomed no matter what they do because some people refuse to adapt or compromise at all. It’s like our current political system in the US.

I don’t think you understand that this is a game. The lack of players in WvW compared to a year or two ago speaks for itself.

People are fine with changes. They are just not find with bad changes.

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Yes, they should be in the Alpine Borderlands.

But, they should not be the same as they are now

• They must take longer to recharge.
  • They must be cheaper and more available for more guilds, even if they are smaller.
  • And there should be a way to get 1-time weaker tacticators in the location’s tacticator slots by getting them for a reasonable cost from the trick and trap vendor. The ones from the guild being an alternate cheaper way to get stronger versions, like with siege and guild siege.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Yes, they should be in the Alpine Borderlands.

But, they should not be the same as they are now

• They must take longer to recharge.
  • They must be cheaper and more available for more guilds, even if they are smaller.
  • And there should be a way to get 1-time weaker tacticators in the location’s tacticator slots by getting them for a reasonable cost from the trick and trap vendor. The ones from the guild being an alternate cheaper way to get stronger versions, like with siege and guild siege.

Agreed.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

Yes.

That said, we’ll be increasing the cooldowns on all tactics by 5-10 minutes. Also, once the scribing costs come down, as part of the april build, we can start looking at rebalancing their actual effects as well.

Regarding this kind of statement, I have a relatively simple question that I think a lot of dedicated WvW people would like to know:

Is ArenaNet’s unflagging dedication to failed World vs. World updates worth the high cost of continued and irreparable harm to its own game mode?

follow me on IG @yung_anime

in WvW

Posted by: RabbertKlein.3169

RabbertKlein.3169

Yes.

That said, we’ll be increasing the cooldowns on all tactics by 5-10 minutes. Also, once the scribing costs come down, as part of the april build, we can start looking at rebalancing their actual effects as well.

Regarding this kind of statement, I have a relatively simple question that I think a lot of dedicated WvW people would like to know:

Is ArenaNet’s unflagging dedication to failed World vs. World updates worth the high cost of continued and irreparable harm to its own game mode?

Night Shift [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: Ragingbeerd.9256

Ragingbeerd.9256

Yes.

in WvW

Posted by: LittleBlackSmurf.6738

LittleBlackSmurf.6738

Yes.

in WvW

Posted by: Cornpops.7015

Cornpops.7015

[NS]

in WvW

Posted by: Redshift.5601

Redshift.5601

Yes.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Yes.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Bittie.6274

Bittie.6274

Yes.

^ What Ualgh said.

Le Bittie
No bro, that ain’t me. I ain’t about that life.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Yes.

At least remove banners and chill fog please? Dude the chill is so kitten annoying like the attacking has such an disadvantage when that kitten is tactivated and the banners… please remove them <3 thano you

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Yes.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: DnTinsider.2068

DnTinsider.2068

Yes.

[DnT]
#First
#Salt

in WvW

Posted by: fFamous.8720

fFamous.8720

just give me back vanilla GW2 xD

in WvW

Posted by: Maiden England.3491

Maiden England.3491

Yes.

Street Regulator

in WvW

Posted by: Real Talk.2576

Real Talk.2576

Yes.

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

looks like we’ve got a sit in…

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Yes.

As an old time WvW player, I am truly considering coming back full time with my friends to GW2 since the news got to my ear that Alpine was coming back (got about 3000 hours roaming on Alpine BL, was my favorite and it was taken away :S ).

Now, we will most likely come back full time once Alpine is back. Hope you guys don’t go overboard with those tactivators. I see a lot of people talking about those tactivator banners that can be used by players, seems to me that those could use a nerf if it was not already addressed or they could even be scrapped and replaced by something which doesn’t shift the tide of a battle by simply using a tactivator that can be manualy controlled by a player who can move around the map with it.

The best Alpine BL was 2-3 weeks prior to HoT change. You guys had implemented the new sentry system and it was adding a layer of tactic while not getting in the way of fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Yes.

No.No.No. Don’t wait to address rebalancing. Please adjust following MINIMUM for april update:

1) cloaking waters & pirate ship- both need to be nerfed and cd increased.
2) banners – should be removed or nerfed

As you lower scribe costs the upgrade costs will decrease and more and more people will use these OP mechanics that interfere with balanced wvw.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Phantom.5389

Just got an interesting conersation with my pals that still play GW2.

Someone brought up that the strongest tactivators should only be usable when a server has the outnumbered buff. Would balance the game a little bit while not power creeping the servers with numbers advantage.

Food for thoughts!

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

Tactivators are not the problem. It’s the upgrade(s) slotted into them that can be, and are, a problem. I have no problems with minor supply drop, no problems with invulnerable walls, they allow time for defenders to get to the objective. They can be set so trolls cannot use up all the supply and leave none for defense if set to private so I see a valid case for them being there. Some upgrades like banners, chill fog, etc need to be heavily modified or they can go and I wouldn’t miss them.

We can only hope that Anet actualy works on the tactics upgrade balance pass in a timely manner. I urge Anet to get the wvw community involved in the balance pass and take our feedback to heart. To the community, be open minded and don’t just demand what you want, be open to change and work with Anet and give constructive feedback when/if we are asked for it in regards to this matter.

in WvW

Posted by: Sakara Prime.5370

Sakara Prime.5370

Yes.

Thanks for snapping me out of my daydream Tyler, for a minute there I was starting to think Anet was actually listening to the WvW community.

Why does Anet insist on forcing content on the WvW community that we clearly dont want?

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Yes.

What about Cloaking Waters, that have no cooldown at all and are easily abused? They will have a cooldown now?

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Alpine coming back = GREAT
HoT gimmicks coming with it – SUCKS

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Yes.

What about Cloaking Waters, that have no cooldown at all and are easily abused? They will have a cooldown now?

They do have a cd, but it is pretty short – some thing like 2 or 3 mins….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Good, one of the few decent things that came for wvw with HOT. Amazed to see so many people want to reverse every single change thats come since launch. You kids do realize just how many people quit the game over that period because wvw remained 100% static for so long?

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Glouryian.3765

Glouryian.3765

It would be great, if you could add some mechanics to prevent the misuse of the tactivators too. There is always some troll around and activating them in the wrong moments so you cant use them on a real inc. A solution could be for example that tactivators can only be activated while the tower/keep is contested. Or that the guild claiming the object can decide to make tactivators only available for guild members through a button in the guild menu. Just suggestions, Im pretty sure you come up with better ideas.

in WvW

Phantom.5389

Good, one of the few decent things that came for wvw with HOT. Amazed to see so many people want to reverse every single change thats come since launch. You kids do realize just how many people quit the game over that period because wvw remained 100% static for so long?

Losing some of the people that stayed after the initial hype from when GW2 came out during a period of 3 years is simply normal. Even then, WvW was alive and kicking except maybe for the bottom 2 servers (for NA atleast). Those 6 months of HoT came at a heavy price on the WvW population. I’d take Vanilla Alpine with the new sentry system and the new line of sight from AC and leave the gimmicks behind. If they decide to keep Tactivators, they should leave the gimmicky ones behind and only keep the utility ones (like supply, fortify and the likes). Maybe leave the combat tactivators for when a server got the outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

There is no reason to remove the tactivators, only thing that need to be done is to nerf or remake the buffs that are to op. There is really only 2 buffs that are gamebrea king which is the stealth fountain and the dragon banner.
The airships are way way to op today, but nerfing and adding a longer cd and it will just be a fun gimmick.
The chillfog though, my god that kittenes me off, and i could deal with it until they came up with the idea to add them outside of sm as well. I mean wtf, there are people just moving on the map and suddenly a whole area is impossible to pass through because there are fights inside of SM lords room. Remove the god kitten chill fog outside of sm walls, they should not be outside SM. Outside of keeps are fine, but SM are simply not fine.

Everything else on the tactivators are fine to have and we even want to have them on the alpine border because they simply are good for for keeps and towers which should be hard to take and tbh it is easier to take them on the alpine borders and especially on the higher tiers servers. I mean hardened gates, the watchtowers well all of this are great things that should stay.

I also very much hope the sentries will be moved over to alpine as well. Those were the best thing that came out of HoT, they are simply great.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

That said, You can expect NOT to have a return of players if you are bringing in HoT into Alpine and consider it a pretty much waste of time to do so. The entire reason the majority of players wanted Alpine back was to go back to Pre HoT WvW while reversing course on WVW plans to make it Less " Tactivator" focused and more on player skill.

This might turn to be true.

What Arenanet doesn’t seem to understand that a lot of players want the OLD WvWvW back. This means the original borderlands (I would prefer to have the lake back, but honestly players are divided on this, some liked the ruins). Revert the HoT revenant + elite spec power creep, balance changes and get rid of the HoT stuff like tactivators, banners, auto upgrades. Let’s call this WvWvW classic.

I know several prominent players, great commanders, who are now playing other games. They occasionally check GW2 and unless the ill-thought-out changes are reverted, most of them are not coming back.

I know the likelihood of this happening is very small. The developers would need to swallow down their own pride and scrap stuff they spent months making. And I actually like some of the HoT changes: the faster dolyaks, smart sentries and synthesizer nodes were all good changes. So I would keep those three.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Just got an interesting conersation with my pals that still play GW2.

Someone brought up that the strongest tactivators should only be usable when a server has the outnumbered buff. Would balance the game a little bit while not power creeping the servers with numbers advantage.

Food for thoughts!

Phantom, not a bad idea at all if we have to have tactivators.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

You should stop wasting your time on features that ppl doesen’t want. These tactivators makes defenders advantage even bigger. The strongest server gets even stronger. It ads no interesting fights, it just makes it more un-even. The only way to take over T3 SM with all this crap is if it’s undefended.

You simply makes the defenders advantage bigger when it should be smaller. So we actually can cap defended towers and keeps.

Stop ruining your own game please!

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Most/nearly all of the people here have said they do not want Tactivators in AB, and most of them do not even want them in WvW as a whole.

If anything you need to adapt your ideas based on what you read here. It doesn’t mean you have to go for the “no tactivators at all”, but rather could give you ideas on implementing tactivators in such a way that most people will accept them.

Please don’t put your head into the sand because of this, but communicate!
Good luck!

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Yes.

On another note… all aboard the quote train.

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

As a small guild that has worked hard to get our WvW bonuses and blueprints accessible I say a big yes. That, or I want at least 1000 gold refunded to us along with all the mats we had to acquire.

I could live without the banners, but I like the rest. Zerg fights with banners don’t feel right.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Yes.

No.No.No. Don’t wait to address rebalancing. Please adjust following MINIMUM for april update:

As you lower scribe costs the upgrade costs will decrease and more and more people will use these OP mechanics that interfere with balanced wvw.

I know you meant airship but if they add an actual pirate ship strike tactivator to bay I’m going to laugh myself into a stroke.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

If some of the more powerful Guild tactics and buffs were only usable whilst the outnumbered buff is present then it would be fine. But when stuff like Iron Guards, Hardened Siege, banners and chilling fog are used by a dominate server it’s just too oppressive for the weaker server. Even if the number of players on a map is roughly the same, these mechanics begin to cause problems by making elements of a siege more tedious than they need be.

Although locked to EB, Airship defense and Cloaking Waters need a rethink entirely.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

What Arenanet doesn’t seem to understand that a lot of players want the OLD WvWvW back. This means the original borderlands (I would prefer to have the lake back, but honestly players are divided on this, some liked the ruins). Revert the HoT revenant + elite spec power creep, balance changes and get rid of the HoT stuff like tactivators, banners, auto upgrades. Let’s call this WvWvW classic.

not sure how many DAoC players are still around, but this is hilarious to me. Totally getting flashbacks to the New Frontiers/Classic Frontiers debacle…

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Yes.

I mean…. are you trying to kill WvW? Seriously what the kitten is wrong with you people.
Leave that kitten in EB if you want, you’ll still get people to give you money so they can grind your kittening pve pay wall, but give us back the alpine map without your stupid kitten.
I know Anet had a serious problem with thinking about long term solutions but here’s a hint, you can’t milk a dead cow.

They’ve kind of put themselves in a bind, though, and you have to understand that.

Look at the response to removing legendaries (something which was promised/highly implied with the expansion). Not everyone will be interested in them, but some people will and would have invested a fair amount of time/effort/money in achieving them. Same with guild upgrades like this. Many of us don’t like them, but how would you suggest Anet repay the people who have actually spent time/effort/money getting these upgrades. I’m saying this even as a player who is in exactly 0 guilds with any major upgrades like that. I don’t even think we have anything like +5 supply unlocked and we haven’t bothered to try.

If Anet were to straight up remove tactivators from any WvW maps, we’d hear a number of people complaining, I guarantee it. Some very large guilds have spent time/effort/money unlocking them. The best way forward is for Anet to address what is considered OP instead of taking them out entirely. I’m sure many of us would be fine with a few tower/keep specific defenses to help with that defense. Maybe the current iterations are a little unnecessarily OP, but in their essence they have good intentions. Maybe an emergency waypoint every 30 minutes. Maybe chilling fog for 20 seconds every 20-30 minutes. Maybe using one of the upgrades should put all other tactivators on cooldown for 20 minutes so that they can’t all be spammed at once.

The point is that there are ways for the numbers to be tweaked so that those who hate tactivators would be able to cope with them, but in a more manageable way. That’s the best step forward unless you want more people throwing fits about how Anet has taken away things from the Xpac and blah blah blah refunds.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Yes.

OMG! Actual specifics! Screenshotted.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Yes.

^ this-totally agree with Ualgh

Yes.

Totally agree Luvpie, if we must have tactivators in alpine (and unfortunately it seems we do as these are tied to guild upgrades) these need to be balanced asap

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Yes.

Thanks Tyler, because this is a reasonable approach to dealing with the tactics.

To all the hateful people here on this thread:
Have you been the same people that complained how stale WvW was for a very long time? Tactics & Improvements actually offer a lot more diversity to the mode, when they are not just used by the powerful & wealthy like now. Reduced scribing costs will allow more of them being placed on the maps and smaller guilds and roamers to deploy them as well. Reducing some super powerful effects is what can be evaluated in the beta-phase of changes in WvW.
Alpine maps will benefit from them in the long run.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

as long as those thing are behind a big grind wall this will be a issue !
We need something less pay2win. Who involve players (like aura) and not pve stuff.
And those thing should be available for all guilds, not only the biggest.

And ofc, we should be able to unlock aura (that we had before !) and guild upgrade inside WvW ! I never play PVE, really never.. And I will not start to grind those kitten.
And I don’t care about stupid guild hall, I don’t care about decoration. I play only WvW… If at least we can take back all the aura that we had before HoT….
Expansion should not remove what we had before !

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Yes.

Thanks Tyler, because this is a reasonable approach to dealing with the tactics.

Have you been the same people that complained how stale WvW was for a very long time? Tactics & Improvements actually offer a lot more diversity to the mode, when they are not just used by the powerful & wealthy like now. Reduced scribing costs will allow more of them being placed on the maps and smaller guilds and roamers to deploy them as well. Reducing some super powerful effects is what can be evaluated in the beta-phase of changes in WvW.

If you ate spaghetti every day for a month you might get a little tired of it and want something else to eat. If someone gave you a plate with a big steaming pile of cowkitten would you happily eat it and say, “well at least it’s not spaghetti” or would you prefer to just have spaghetti again?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

If they remove tactivators, we won’t have anything left to spam [Feast of Clam Cakes] around and their value on the TP will crash.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Lol, ANet should get out of gaming and into comedy.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Alpine BL will have new gimmics, game was made to be gimick based… as much i dont like, well, dont use it..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Quint.3765

Quint.3765

Yes.

If you ate spaghetti every day for a month you might get a little tired of it and want something else to eat. If someone gave you a plate with a big steaming pile of cowkitten would you happily eat it and say, “well at least it’s not spaghetti” or would you prefer to just have spaghetti again?

HAHA i love this !

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Disabling tactivators in Alpine would lead to a huge logistics problem from guilds who have put in lots effort and are putting effort in right now to get said upgrades in their guild halls.

While I agree that these tactical advantages should be more universally available to all guilds, and that there may be some really badly balanced ones, doesn’t mean they could simply ship Alpine without the support of these tactics and tools.

Instead of destructive feedback (Throw it out, disable it, etc) it’s much better to come up with suggestion that doesn’t immediately screw everyone else but yourself over.

Also, WvW upgrades are definitely one of the cheaper ones. I don’t know if the scribe update will lower the costs to make paper for example, but if it does, this automatically decreases the cost to activate many of the scribe recipes.

It’s not everything, but it would definitely be a step in the right direction.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik