The 175-ticket cap should NOT exist

in WvW

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

The weekly 175-ticket cap is total nonsense with the current prices. This update did almost nothing to reward the already existing veteran WvW players, only by making the weekly WvW playtime a bit lower. I really want to play more for my rewards and I do not want to get them instantly, but the thought about playing timegated stuff for 20 hours/week for a year to get the rewards I would have achieved 50 times already during my WvW playtime really kills my morale. I think that they should either increase the ticket amount you get per week, add tickets to the repeatable chest so your pips won’t go to waste if you are high ranked or make the prices more humane.

Also the fact that the backpack requires a low rank of 350 tells nothing, since even if a new player only starts to play WvW for it, it will require him to play 30-40 hours a week for 17 weeks in a row, or play the gamemode for a year if he doesn’t want to make the game a second job for him. By the time he will have enough tickets for the backpack he will most likely be around rank 1000 already. In my opinion this already proves that some aspects of this update were not really well thought out, especially if they really thought that r350 people will get the backpack. This might obviously prove that only dedicated players will get the rewards, but what about the players who already dedicated thousands of hours for the game mode? Why are those players still timegated to hell, even when they are given big pip boosts to reach the diamond chest faster?

The rank 2000 is fine for the armor btw, don’t touch it

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I am in two minds about it. I quite like time-gated content, to be honest.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

I don’t dislike the cap either. Veteran WvW players did get extra pips as a reward, but players who already dedicated thousands of hours for the game mode need an incentive to continue dedicating new thousands of hours for the game mode, and having them finish all the rewards in a few months would not help in that goal.

But that said, pips should not go to waste so some repeatable reward for siege prints and tactics should be added for those that have caped their tickets.

in WvW

Posted by: TalleFjanten.7159

TalleFjanten.7159

The weekly 175-ticket cap is total nonsense with the current prices. This update did almost nothing to reward the already existing veteran WvW players, only by making the weekly WvW playtime a bit lower. I really want to play more for my rewards and I do not want to get them instantly, but the thought about playing timegated stuff for 20 hours/week for a year to get the rewards I would have achieved 50 times already during my WvW playtime really kills my morale. I think that they should either increase the ticket amount you get per week, add tickets to the repeatable chest so your pips won’t go to waste if you are high ranked or make the prices more humane.

Also the fact that the backpack requires a low rank of 350 tells nothing, since even if a new player only starts to play WvW for it, it will require him to play 30-40 hours a week for 17 weeks in a row, or play the gamemode for a year if he doesn’t want to make the game a second job for him. By the time he will have enough tickets for the backpack he will most likely be around rank 1000 already. In my opinion this already proves that some aspects of this update were not really well thought out, especially if they really thought that r350 people will get the backpack. This might obviously prove that only dedicated players will get the rewards, but what about the players who already dedicated thousands of hours for the game mode? Why are those players still timegated to hell, even when they are given big pip boosts to reach the diamond chest faster?

I’m with you broski, I finished diamond within 24 hours of patch, they gotta stop with this timegated kitten. They gotta stop with the “everyone gotta get it simultaneously” mentality they have, If wvw is my go to gamemode i SHOULD get it before everyone else. Even a small number of tickets like 5-10 would be enough for me. That would incentivise me to continue playing after i hit the limit we have today.

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Problem is not the armor or ascended pieces, but to buy anything (for example 20 ascended savaging tool) it cost 25 tickets which is simply too much.

Prices for the ascended i see them ok, but if i keep playing i’d like to be rewarded for that. At least 5-10 tickets or reset the tracks to bronce. Anything would be fine.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

I think, the armor and backpack are actually rewards for already, existing veteran wvw players as you said

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

I have zero problem with the max tickets. Right now, the system over rewards people who can play outside prime time and farm outnumbered pips.

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I have zero problem with the max tickets. Right now, the system over rewards people who can play outside prime time and farm outnumbered pips.

Disregarding prime time, because that differs for people..
The current 175 is a huge time investment with anyone who isn’t ranked into the thousands. People with jobs and such are unlikely to even reach 175 tickets in a week regularly anyway.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Sarika.3756

The current 175 is a huge time investment with anyone who isn’t ranked into the thousands. People with jobs and such are unlikely to even reach 175 tickets in a week regularly anyway.

As one of those people with a job, I whole heartedly agree with you. I think the pip requirements for max tickets are too high, frankly.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

the thought about playing timegated stuff for 20 hours/week for a year to get the rewards I would have achieved 50 times already during my WvW playtime really kills my morale.

So what im getting from your post is that you don’t like playing a time game. You want to earn a reward and not want to take over a year (which is crazy your 100% correct) to do so. The last sentence makes you sound a bit hypocritical. What you’re feeling right now is what new people are upset about.

in WvW

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Yes rank 2000 is too much!…for the the ascended armor. For a legendary item, rank 2000 is perfect, but that’s not the case. Why the hell does a legendary item not require that kind of rank, but a freaking slightly shinier ascended item does? It’s completely backward.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

As one of those people with a job, I whole heartedly agree with you. I think the pip requirements for max tickets are too high, frankly.

I completely agree. I think that either the pip formula should be rebalanced or the cap should be lowered to make maxing the weekly reward achievable even for players in lower tiers. Lower rank players still need to rank up to get access to the top end rewards, but at least they would not be losing out on the other rewards along the way.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

Yes rank 2000 is too much!…for the the ascended armor. For a legendary item, rank 2000 is perfect, but that’s not the case. Why the hell does a legendary item not require that kind of rank, but a freaking slightly shinier ascended item does? It’s completely backward.

it is just a skin though, you can get tier 2 in ascended grade.

in WvW

Huttunen.8309

the thought about playing timegated stuff for 20 hours/week for a year to get the rewards I would have achieved 50 times already during my WvW playtime really kills my morale.

So what im getting from your post is that you don’t like playing a time game. You want to earn a reward and not want to take over a year (which is crazy your 100% correct) to do so. The last sentence makes you sound a bit hypocritical. What you’re feeling right now is what new people are upset about.

Exactly, the current timegate is just way too big imo, especially for the effort/week you have to do and for the amount of tickets you get for the effort. And I really think 2k rank is good for the shiny chestpiece. Not because I passed the line at 2014 already, but because it will still keep it somewhat prestigious. Something like rank 1k is easy to get if you PvD a bit with just boosters on or participate on blob fights, even a certain streamer is almost 1k and what I know he has only been randomly strolling in WvW and started his HC(ish) focus just a month or two ago. 2k takes a bit dedication already.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

This is ridiculous. I can’t believe so many of you are supporting the timegate. You do realize how long you will have to play for to get the skin right? Some people, believe it or not, find it absolutely ridiculous and stupid to have their game oneday decide for them they need to start spending a little bit of time over the course of 2 years to get the skins they had been promised two years prior!

This system as is, It makes the playtime of veteren wvswplayers shorter to accomplish the “weekly”. And it makes the playtime of a new wvsw player to accomplish the “weekly” an impossibly longer grind. It should be the opposite since veteren players already know the maps, have their gear maxed, are oriented with their teammates/server, and have all their wvsw points spent to make roaming a breeze.

It doesnt make sense! Wvsw players who play the most…..require the LEAST playtime? And are punished for overplaying that limit?

Its like they are trying to force their players at risk of burnout on the bench as much as possible. The reward for their honest loyal following and support of the game is less gameplay and a skin in 2 years time? WHAT?!!?! That is stupid!

This is not a player friendly addition to the gamemode AT ALL.

THEY SHOULDA made it so existing players of high enough rank(or some other measurement form) are just farther ahead of new players in the grind towards the skins.

The current system favours the dev team not the player. Gives them an excuse to not have to do anything for 2 more years. You are played and you like it?

Having a job makes your opinion more leet? Cool. I have multiple jobs, So i guess that makes mine many times more important. I’ll be sure to mention it in all my posts for now on.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

This is ridiculous. I can’t believe so many of you are supporting the timegate. You do realize how long you will have to play for to get the skin right? Some people, believe it or not, find it absolutely ridiculous and stupid to have their game oneday decide for them they need to start spending a little bit of time over the course of 2 years to get the skins they had been promised two years prior!

This system as is, It makes the playtime of veteren wvswplayers shorter to accomplish the “weekly”. And it makes the playtime of a new wvsw player to accomplish the “weekly” an impossibly longer grind. It should be the opposite since veteren players already know the maps, have their gear maxed, are oriented with their teammates/server, and have all their wvsw points spent to make roaming a breeze.

It doesnt make sense! Wvsw players who play the most…..require the LEAST playtime? And are punished for overplaying that limit?

Its like they are trying to force their players at risk of burnout on the bench as much as possible. The reward for their honest loyal following and support of the game is less gameplay and a skin in 2 years time? WHAT?!!?! That is stupid!

The tier 2 armour that was mentioned back then, doesn’t need rank 2000 though.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

For wvw time gate is ok. Think of the new ticket system as a means of a long term goal not instant gratification. Relay if you must have the best gear items etc… your still far better off doing pve and not all that much of pve but now there something you can be working on when in wvw for gear and weapons ontop of a legendarily back item.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Huttunen.8309

THEY SHOULDA made it so existing players of high enough rank(or some other measurement form) are just farther ahead of new players in the grind towards the skins.

The current system favours the dev team not the player. Gives them an excuse to not have to do anything for 2 more years. You are played and you like it?

I mostly agree with you man! It’s stupid that whatever your rank is you will still be in stuck in the same timegate, no advantages at all, just being stuck in the last repeatable diamond chest without any further progression. Higher ranked players should get more advantages on obtaining the tickets than limiting their weekly playtime

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Having a half dozen threads about this same thing is not already enough. Come on anet moderators do your job and get this forum topics merged already

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

If you actually played wvw instead of speed clearing dungeons for the past 3 years you wouldnt be having this issue. #purgePVE

Don’t you mean speed clearing the grub instead of dungeons?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

As a WvW veteran (mithril raider), when I cleared the Diamond line for the 2nd time, my first thought was: WTH… where are my kitten tickets?!? HAHA!

Then I came to the forums yesterday, checked the wiki and found out what was going on. And I’m sorta ok with it; I mean… I’m gonna WvW regardless of this as I have been for almost 5 years. I like the game mode too much! I’m gonna earn the back piece and all the armors no matter what.

Now… as a compromise to the hard-time gating, I think a “Diminished Return” approach would be cool. This way us vets get a little extra for being long time WvW’ers, but not so much that we’re bathing in tickets. Say… every time you complete the diamond chest after the first time during the week, the ticket output gets cut in half?

So… first time – 40, second time 20, third time 10, and it bottoms out at 5. And stays 5 until reset.

Anet, what say you?

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I think I’m on my fifth run through of diamond chests and I don’t care. I still am rewarded fine for my time played especially with the reward track boosts in diamond allowing me to skip pve farming now.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Sorta okay with time gate content for games that don’t require a subscription (sorta is emphasized). It’s just when it’s inconsistent or very unreasonable (J-RPGMMOS YO). It takes about 3 hours to max out Magnetite Shards if reasonable effort is put forth and you’re above average in that context. It takes about 15-20 hours to max out tickets (granted my personal rank is like 4000 ish). This is inconsistent. That triggers me bro.

D:

6 of those 15-20 hours are actually spent with the guild ‘raid time’ in WvW.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

it should atleast still give 5-10 tickets

in WvW

Sarika.3756

I’m OK with both the time gate and the rank requirement. I’m just a fan of less time to reach the pip maximum.

I’m OK with people not getting all the shinies day one and then turning around and complaining about being bored. There will always be content locusts… no game can possibly keep up with them.

Full disclosure: I am over 2k on my main. WvW is my primary game mode. Most weeks, I won’t have a problem making max tickets. This isn’t about personal gain, it’s about what I think would be better for the game mode as a whole.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

I’m OK with both the time gate and the rank requirement. I’m just a fan of less time to reach the pip maximum.

I’m OK with people not getting all the shinies day one and then turning around and complaining about being bored. There will always be content locusts… no game can possibly keep up with them.

Full disclosure: I am over 2k on my main. WvW is my primary game mode. Most weeks, I won’t have a problem making max tickets. This isn’t about personal gain, it’s about what I think would be better for the game mode as a whole.

I 100% agree, I think the total time and rank requirement is great (for the back piece anyway). Maxing tickets will take a lot of time during the week though. Basically a part time job on top of life.

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

I dont care as long as my higher rank gets me my rewards faster than noobs and it makes them cry trying….

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The cap should exist but it should also be comparable to fotm. Otherwise, fotm will continue to be more rewarding than WvW, that will pretty much defeat the purpose of trying to make WvW rewarding.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Having a cap is good. 1) It separates the wheat from the chaff. If you need this explained to you, then you are the chaff. 2) More importantly, it prevents player burn-out. This is so we don’t have nothing but K-trains, people playing 24/7, people getting in trouble with real life stuff. If players get burnt out, then they end up not playing which is a bad thing.
3) This encourages a more long term, sustained player base

If you can’t wait, talk to a doctor for a prescription for Ritalin.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

There’s zero benefit for having any item be time gated.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Having a cap is good. 1) It separates the wheat from the chaff. If you need this explained to you, then you are the chaff. 2) More importantly, it prevents player burn-out. This is so we don’t have nothing but K-trains, people playing 24/7, people getting in trouble with real life stuff. If players get burnt out, then they end up not playing which is a bad thing.
3) This encourages a more long term, sustained player base

If you can’t wait, talk to a doctor for a prescription for Ritalin.

except for leaving the requirement at rank 2000 for the armor, which causes people to obsessively play the game to get from rank 0-2000 which is either really unhealthy, or too daunting because the grind is too much.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Killdozer.5731

Killdozer.5731

Add an option for 1-2 skirmish reward tickets to the current skirmish reward chests would be a good middle ground. Veterans would get them a bit faster and grinders would have a way if they wanted to.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Add an option for 1-2 skirmish reward tickets to the current skirmish reward chests would be a good middle ground. Veterans would get them a bit faster and grinders would have a way if they wanted to.

Hmm, if I counted correctly you get 42 skirmish chests for completing through the diamond track. If you could select 1 reward ticket in those chests that would take you up to 217 reward tickets per week max. This isn’t a bad compromise imo, its a sizable difference each week, but at the expense of other rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I reached a grand total of 25 tickets before reset, then I lost 3/4 of the next box.

So yes, please keep the 175 limit weekly it slows down the 200+ rank in a couple days steamrollers in hugely populated servers who clock up pips and ranks like they are going out of fashion.

Maybe they should invert the pips and rank gain based on tier of your server- so playing for a lower tier server rewards more wexp and pips per tick. bandwagonners would still get their extra rank pips and 3 for winning due to their having been on busier servers, whilst those playing on quieter servers (where there is less action a d ranks were a lot harder to come by) would gain a few bonus pips a tick, evening out the system.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

Ha, I wish I’d see 175 tickets in my wallet even once. But apparently playing for 2-3 hours every day isn’t dedicated enough, since that’s never going to get me out of Wood/Bronze before the track resets again, so my weekly income is around 30 tickets. The T1 armor pieces cost well over a hundred, so it’s going to take me months to achieve even the very first set. It’s hilarious seeing people who literally have REPEATED the diamond line while I’m probably never even going to see it.

Ah well, I’m not complaining. I have never played WvW for the rewards and won’t start now.