The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sogekii.2586

sogekii.2586

Just wanted to share a screenshot I made last night of a 33k Kill Shot through an SBI head.

Keep up the good work SoS!
[DiE] Sniper Eye

Attachments:

One shot… One kill…
Sogekii Hei [DiE] [APM] [TNO]

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Anet Dev 1: “Hey did you hear Warriors are critting for 30k with Kill Shot?”

Anet Dev 2: “Sorry what was that? I didn’t hear you as I was busy nerfing Grenades because Engineers are OP”.

o_0

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

Relevant video from Kill Shot troll.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

“We want the Warrior to be capable of good melee damage in a sturdy body. They can still do some decent damage at range, but they aren’t as good at it as the Ranger (with their pet).”

Attachments:

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

leave us alone gosh. We only got 1 good skill that does dmg on rifle lol. Volley is crap 2/4/5 dont come in use too much. Auto atk is lame as hell with a random bleed.

Also how 33k man i can barley hit 12k with it.

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

Sort of glad you censored the utility skills and buffs in this screenshot.

Kill shot is practically worthless against decent opponents in small fights.. Perfect for WvW zerging though.

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

News just in! Glass cannon warrior hits naked level 2 for over 9000!

Your screenshotting skills are pro, sir, pro.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Wizardauz.3761

leave us alone gosh. We only got 1 good skill that does dmg on rifle lol. Volley is crap 2/4/5 dont come in use too much. Auto atk is lame as hell with a random bleed.

Equip Bezerker Gear. Equip Rifle. Get Basic Rifle Build. Equip Greatsword (for get away /mobility). Shoot. Killshot. ???. Profit.

So easy a cave man could do it.

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

Equip Bezerker Gear. Equip Rifle. Get Basic Rifle Build. Equip Greatsword (for get away /mobility). Shoot. Killshot. ???. Profit.

So easy a cave man could do it.

not 33k lol. I got the gear and build but cant hit 33k lol. With 25 stacks of bloodlust i hit like 20k

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

And people complain about D/D Eles/Thieves…………

lol.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

So a glass cannon warrior hits a low level character with little or no armor on and the result is surprising?

Yes, I can see why this might need to be balanced.

Besides that, the screen shot in the OP is over a month old and was taken before the bug that increased piercing/ricochet was fixed.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

The best part is the two 290+- Grenade hit you took.
Since Grenades were nerfed for being so powerfull.

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

So when all your damage goes into a single attack, when happens when I dodge roll or use a block?

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

1. New low level player with crappy overleveled armor goes to wvw to see what it’s all about.

2. Goes around hits lousy dmg.

3. Then gets killed by killshot.

4. Sees dmg.

5. Quits wvw.

6. And warrior glorifies his achievement in wvw forum.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

Get own’d new player! You got served!

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

fellyn.5083

I’ll just post this again since people can’t seem to read:

The screen shot in the OP is over a month old and was taken before the bug that increased piercing/ricochet was fixed.

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sue.4361

Sue.4361

I hit a raccoon for more than that, once.

I was on my ranger – we take what we can get …..

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Kolisch.4691

The screen shot in the OP is over a month old and was taken before the bug that increased piercing/ricochet was fixed.

Hm how do you know it’s a month old when he said he took it last night. btw the target is still a low level newbie and he’s glorifying himself with crappy achievement.

HoT = Grind Wars 2

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: WakkaJabba.3910

WakkaJabba.3910

So a glass cannon warrior hits a low level character with little or no armor on and the result is surprising?

Besides that, the screen shot in the OP is over a month old and was taken before the bug that increased piercing/ricochet was fixed.

the piercing bug doesnt apply here since there is no piercing kill-shot in here. simply just a underlevelled player getting owned.

i have a gc rifle warrior build, i can hit 12k on level 80 squishies, 18k on underlevelled, but its so easy to use(as long as timing is right) and hits so hard that after a while i get so embarrassed of using it and i changed to a condition build. guess just personal pref

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Wizardauz.3761

Whether hes hitting a lowbie or not, with weakness/vunerability.

to crit someone for practically twice their available HP bar…. That means if they were at full hp, got hit by killshot, THEN MAGICALLY a guardian appeared to full heal hp that lowbie back too full while still taking the killshot dmg…. he’d still die.

I mean come on? I’d atleast feel better if i was getting pwned by rangers as hard.

Not to mention the skill-level-factor of just pressing one button and waiting. Maybe might press frenzy if u feel special? Get that .8sec cast time going on. yeah? yeah…

But again this was probably set understand certain conditions and probably had a bit of luck thrown in.

(edited by Wizardauz.3761)

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ithinkimhaunted.7412

ithinkimhaunted.7412

So when all your damage goes into a single attack, when happens when I dodge roll or use a block?

Quoted for emphasis.

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

fellyn.5083

Hm how do you know it’s a month old when he said he took it last night. btw the target is still a low level newbie and he’s glorifying himself with crappy achievement.

Because it was posted in the warrior forums that long ago?

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Meanwhile to avoid the 3×290 damage the Grenade Engineer did all you have to do is not stand still.

Good thing they nerfed grenades, you could of been killed in 25 seconds if you were AFK !!

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

Meanwhile to avoid the 3×290 damage the Grenade Engineer did all you have to do is not stand still.

Good thing they nerfed grenades, you could be killed in 25 seconds if you were AFK !!

Huh? my engineer dealt about 4k+ dps aoe with the grenade auto attack. With the recent changes that just passed if it wasnt nerfed I could deal closer to 6k dps, mind you I can still deal 3k dps with grenade so it aint terrible.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I don’t see the green arrow that indicates that’s he low level?

Someone point it out for me, I must be blind as there’s no indication here that he is below 80

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Don’t nerf killshot. It’s too much fun to reflect it on noobs who actually use berserker gear rofl

~Shadowkat

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Kolisch.4691

I don’t see the green arrow that indicates that’s he low level?

Someone point it out for me, I must be blind as there’s no indication here that he is below 80

the player killed is no longer in the picture it seems. Look at the screenshot again, he’s been hit by also another class, he’s safe from combat, and now looking at his dmg. What level 80 hits only a few hundred on grenades?

HoT = Grind Wars 2

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vane.2387

Vane.2387

Relevant video from Kill Shot troll.

Mmmm, free publicity <3

I could see 30k+ being possible with full vulnerability, and outmanned buff with my setup, on a lowbie of course. My highest is 26.9k =\

Nice job on that shot though, Sniper Eye – must… get… stars to align for me.

Dreadscar – Norn Warrior [ICoa] Blackgate
Vanbrandt – Norn Elementalist [ICoa] Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLTzyn6CGHw

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Mif.3471

Good thing they nerfed grenades, you could be killed in 25 seconds if you were AFK !!

Huh? my engineer dealt about 4k+ dps aoe with the grenade auto attack. With the recent changes that just passed if it wasnt nerfed I could deal closer to 6k dps, mind you I can still deal 3k dps with grenade so it aint terrible.

1) I was refering to the damage dealt by the Engineer in the screenshot
2) Grenades don’t have an auto attack
3) “AOE dps” isn’t relative to anything

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

sogekii.2586

1. It’d be hard to find an SBI with no armor on even for a low level. And even if you did, I doubt anyone would break 30k on that during an ACTUAL WvW skirmish.
2. The screenshot was taken last night like I mentioned on my post. (It is the truth whether or not you believe it.) And no I have never posted this before because I only took it last night…
3. If you look at the logs closely, you will notice that no pierce occurred and it was a single target Kill Shot. (Therefore, even IF this was before the fix, it would be irrelevant since the bug wasn’t triggered.)

I just wanted to address those points. I agree with you though that this is hardly relevant enough to cause a warrior nerf. It’s not like all warriors in WvW are doing 30k damage per Kill Shot. And don’t forget that Kill Shot is ridiculously easy to dodge or reflect. Ridiculous timing is needed to pull something like this off.

One shot… One kill…

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

1. It’d be hard to find an SBI with no armor on even for a low level. And even if you did, I doubt anyone would break 30k on that during an ACTUAL WvW skirmish.
2. The screenshot was taken last night like I mentioned on my post. (It is the truth whether or not you believe it.) And no I have never posted this before because I only took it last night…
3. If you look at the logs closely, you will notice that no pierce occurred and it was a single target Kill Shot. (Therefore, even IF this was before the fix, it would be irrelevant since the bug wasn’t triggered.)

I just wanted to address those points. I agree with you though that this is hardly relevant enough to cause a warrior nerf. It’s not like all warriors in WvW are doing 30k damage per Kill Shot. And don’t forget that Kill Shot is ridiculously easy to dodge or reflect. Ridiculous timing is needed to pull something like this off.

what he said

Most wars i see doin it miss most the time. Its easily noticed and easy to dodge. Its fine since it has its downsides. Plus its the only good skill on rifle lol. Are we really trying to make another type of dmg like bow for war? lol

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

It is nice and all that you can do a 33k shot by running glass cannon and shooting at a lvl 1 naked target,but this kind of threads are playing rather against the warrior class wich is not even by far as powerfull like many like to believe.My tips are to all the nerf warrior fans are to learn to use some toughness.ALso there is no proof that the actual target was not in downed state already in wich case everyone knows you deal double damage to downed targets,wich is most likely the case in that screenshot.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

sogekii.2586

Well you are right that there is no proof for the things that you said. (By the way lvl 2 is minimum in WvW). But he definitely wasn’t naked and he definitely wasn’t downed. But you don’t have to believe me.

I am not here to get warriors nerfed. Or to show how OP Kill Shot is. I just wanted to share this because I haven’t seen any numbers as high as this till last night in WvW.

One shot… One kill…

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

I think the obvious solution here is to nerf thieves.

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Shooting someone from 1500 range while they are fighting someone else takes ridiculous timing?

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Awesomesauce.9528

Awesomesauce.9528

293 DAMAGE FROM GRENADES?

ENGINEER NERF INCOMING

Famous last words
“You put WHAT in my drink?” – Socrates
“There’s only like eight of them over that hill.” – Custer

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Heh, I’ve been hit for 10k damage by Killshot..

I have 1900 Toughness.

It is easy to telegraph 1v1 though, So it’s sort of balanced there, however just having that damage to add on fights though is kind of silly.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

sogekii.2586

Shooting someone from 1500 range while they are fighting someone else takes ridiculous timing?

No, but hitting them for 33K dmg does.

One shot… One kill…

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

It requires zero timing..

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

sogekii.2586

Ok whatever you say. I’d love you to prove me wrong by posting a screenshot.

One shot… One kill…

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

LOL! 33k!

I remember Anet telling us that they were looking into classes that do insane burst damage. Well they are certainly taking their time about it. “We do it in small steps…”

next week 32.5k damage.

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

Posting a screenshot of what?

high damage from killshot?

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Mif.3471

I remember Anet telling us that they were looking into classes that do insane burst damage. Well they are certainly taking their time about it. “We do it in small steps…”

Unless you’re an Engineer, then first the first small step is -35%
(we ran the numbers, it ain’t 30%)

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

33k Killshot?? How is that possible

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Citrus Finale.8621

Citrus Finale.8621

There isn’t anything funnier then when you see are warrior go down on his knee, Roll forward, pull wall of reflection and see him kill its self.

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

sogekii.2586

Yes sir. A 33K Killshot from an actual WvW skirmish. If it indeed requires zero timing it should be easy to reproduce.

One shot… One kill…

(edited by sogekii.2586)

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Choko.6821

Choko.6821

Quite easy to produce, have a enemy enable frenzy stance and -25 debuff armor, also wearing level 1 armor and being level 2. The Warrior that need to shot incase need to fully glass cannon gear with traits that increase power/damage modifier. Also fully buffed might and some drugs shop item/food increase you power modifier. And the best is doing at nighttime for night sigil that boost you damage for 10 %. Then you got a victim to score critical. Use that screenshot to post on forum followed by bragging right. Like…

OP, looks!
Other, How you do that?
OP, easy to produce.
Other, How you do that?
OP, easy to produce.
Other, How you do that?
OP, easy to produce.
Other, How you do that?
OP, easy to produce.

Lollest post at the finest. xD

(edited by Choko.6821)

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kvitoq.9154

Kvitoq.9154

Quoted for emphasis.

If you look at the minimap you can see wintersday presents so I don’t think this image is a month old.

Also 33k :-o

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

Yes sir. A 33K Killshot from an actual WvW skirmish. If it indeed requires zero timing it should be easy to reproduce.

I don’t think you quite understand what timing means..

Here’s a hint for the less informed new player of MMO’s such as yourself, Pushing 1 button to kill some random noob in PvP isn’t timing…Its playing a class with a high damage killshot against undergeared noobs…Nothing to do with timing…

The only timing you’re going to get from it is how long your epeen stays up from your pretty screenshot.

If you actually had to aim your shot, and guess where he was moving, That would be timing… Till then you’re just another terribad Warrior with a gun.

The 33K Kill Shot in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’m so glad rangers are supposed to be so good at ranged damage that a warrior can deal several times more using an off weapon.

Kill shot should be a ranger skill, then we would have one burst skill that might enable us to kill enemies before they finish laughing into the distance.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)