The Shortest Road to GvG

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Norman.3497

Norman.3497

The GW2 GvG community doesn’t need a lot of support to thrive. We can provide ANet the opportunity to expand their player base with our unique game type and video content. All we need is the space to organize our fights.

Why ANet should support the GW2 GvG community:

• Unique game type – There is currently no other MMO that offers large scale fights on even terms like GW2 did. The GW2 GvG community can offer these players a place to go, both within and out of the game.
  • Video content – Almost every GvG is recorded. Stream numbers were nearing sPvP tournament streams before the orb buff came about. Higher video and stream numbers bring more attention to GW2 itself, bringing more players to the game as a result.

What we need:

• Space – An instance where one team of up to 30 can fight against another of the same size. Flat land with generic ground textures, nothing fancy. Around 10,000 range in length and 3,000 in width (roughly larger than the area behind south supply in the WvW Borderland maps). Allow any guild or group from one server to challenge one from any other server.
  • WvW gear options and balance – Most of the GW2 GvG community finds the sPvP gear options too restrictive. Use WvW balance and gear instead of sPvP’s.

That’s all we need. It’s a small risk to take. We can organize our own fights. We built our own ladder. Give us the soil and we’ll grow.

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

I wholeheartedly support this. They did it in GW1, I honestly don’t know why it’s been over a year and hasn’t been implemented yet in GW2 >.<

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

Gvg’s are fun but dude forget about it if anything is going to happen is gona happen in 6months/1year just see how slow was the improvement on spvp. In 1 year they got a bunch of maps / spec mode.
Tera also has big scale fights but not as good as gw2.

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Agree 100%… and I don’t even GvG, I just know people love it.

I will go further. Create rankings and standings and use social media to promote it.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

It took them over a year to make a working LFG tool which is valuable for the entire game (WvW, dungeons, sPvP, Open World, Living Story, Personal Story). Do you really think a big feature like the one proposed here is a small undertaking?

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

they already said a hundred times that they dont want players to kill for the sake of it, we need “objectives”

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

The GW2 GvG community doesn’t need a lot of support to thrive. We can provide ANet the opportunity to expand their player base with our unique game type and video content. All we need is the space to organize our fights.

• Unique game type – There is currently no other MMO that offers large scale fights on even terms like GW2 did. The GW2 GvG community can offer these players a place to go, both within and out of the game.
  • Video content – Almost every GvG is recorded. Stream numbers were nearing sPvP tournament streams before the orb buff came about. Higher video and stream numbers bring more attention to GW2 itself, bringing more players to the game as a result.

What we need:

• Space – An instance where one team of up to 30 can fight against another of the same size. Flat land with generic ground textures, nothing fancy. Around 10,000 range in length and 3,000 in width (roughly larger than the area behind south supply in the WvW Borderland maps). Allow any guild or group from one server to challenge one from any other server.
  • WvW gear options and balance – Most of the GW2 GvG community finds the sPvP gear options too restrictive. Use WvW balance and gear instead of sPvP’s.

That’s all we need. It’s a small risk to take. We can organize our own fights. We built our own ladder. Give us the soil and we’ll grow.

I wonder how many GvGers would be insulted or upset over being given a flat generic map…

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I’d rather see Asuraball get a supported game mode first.

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

What we need:

I wonder how many GvGers would be insulted or upset over being given a flat generic map…

If it comes in the short term, i dont mind. But they bring a flat map after 1 year from now then i will be insulted.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Faelaan.4681

Faelaan.4681

I would like Anet to set aside a map on each server. GvG map… Guilds or Individuals that want to participate in GvG are free to guest to any server for the intentions of GvG. Then we could have guilds from all servers fighting each other. This could eliminate the super stacking going on in the T1/T2 servers. There would be no need to transfer to other servers to find good GvG matchups. It could help even out the WvW population also.

Just a thought.

The Shortest Road to GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I would like Anet to set aside a map on each server. GvG map… Guilds or Individuals that want to participate in GvG are free to guest to any server for the intentions of GvG. Then we could have guilds from all servers fighting each other. This could eliminate the super stacking going on in the T1/T2 servers. There would be no need to transfer to other servers to find good GvG matchups. It could help even out the WvW population also.

Just a thought.

maybe something like spectator mode too

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain