The departure of ND, MERC, & VOTF from SoS

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

{Disclaimer}
This should be on the community forums…but for certain reasons it is no longer possible to address some of you. So, I am left with using the GW2 forums conspicuously to get my message across. Keep in mind the audience of this message is the SoS community…that is who I am speaking too.

Those of you who played Tier 1 everyday know what this means for SoS. Regardless, the purpose of this thread is community sharing. I am sad to see you leave. As we approach farewell for the last time I wish to personally thank you for your time on SoS and wish you good luck. We had some amazing moments together on the battlefield. I think you will agree?

Please send our warm regards to JQ when you reach them again. They will be under your knife again soon. We will be watching.

Now, I will share a progressive House mix with you. (This mix includes part of Charlie Chaplin’s famous Dictator speech). It is titled “Approaching Farewell.” Nothing could be more apt. Once, upon a time I shared youtube links in teamchat…

“I’m sorry, we all want to help one another…human beings are like that.”

http://youtu.be/8hbKGAVwSA4

This is for those leaving & for those SoS who remain behind. Please listen. Don’t forget us.

The future is YOURS to make.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

ND better known as “Always Die” must be losing a lot of gold having to transfer around so much. How many servers have they transferred off of now?

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Where’s VoTF going?

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Where’s VoTF going?

Wouldnt surprise me they go back to EU bracket.

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

EU does have stronger guilds to fight than NA. Although the recent loss of KAZ hurts quite a bit.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

They moved to Blackgate

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Jedah’s MERC ? really ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

Jedah’s MERC ? really ?

Yes.
Jedahs quit awhile ago though.

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

EU does have stronger guilds to fight than NA. Although the recent loss of KAZ hurts quite a bit.

They changed to Bullfighters…but some players that have left the server….had some good contact with them and was a sad day for them en ofcourse me.

/Salute to those people you know who you are;)

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

in WvW

Posted by: Eastevil.1534

Eastevil.1534

ND better known as “Always Die” must be losing a lot of gold having to transfer around so much. How many servers have they transferred off of now?

Aside from this? Just 1 iirc, and that was before paid transfers. Nice try though.

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

ND went to SOS from IOJ. They were instrumental in IOJ being as high a tier as they were for so long. They were the key that got IOJ to T1 that 1 week IOJ got face rolled. Wherever ND went that new home is much stronger for it.

I have missed ND for quite some time since my guild moved from IOJ. I loved my morning karma train to lvl my alts.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

ND went to SOS from IOJ. They were instrumental in IOJ being as high a tier as they were for so long. They were the key that got IOJ to T1 that 1 week IOJ got face rolled. Wherever ND went that new home is much stronger for it.

I have missed ND for quite some time since my guild moved from IOJ. I loved my morning karma train to lvl my alts.

Lolwut? Ioj played amazingly well in their one week in t1. Why they failed so badly after that week is a mystery to me. The fact is ND are not a Jq guild therefore their good name is going to get dragged through the mud in here. That’s the way it is these days.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

You really think IOJ played well that week? (I was there, and some members of my guild were pulling 14 hour shifts) I think you may be seeing the past through rose colored glasses.

in WvW

Tobias Steele.2071

I was also there, as was my guild at that time. There was like 20k difference between first and third midway through the week. To this day that is still one of my favourite match ups. Never die are an amazing guild. Jq are in for a treat once the newly stacked bg gets back into t1

Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Moxtidus.4576

Moxtidus.4576

They should come to Europe. Insane challenge next week with Viz/Deso/SFR Matchup.

Lots of nice open field guild.

WL/GH/IRON EB/RG/SIN/ZDS/NOE/BULL/OSC.

Wat. It ll be the best week since game released.

Sfr

(edited by Moxtidus.4576)

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Is this legit? Which guilds are going where?

in WvW

Josh P.1296

Is this legit? Which guilds are going where?

ND and MERC to Blackgate.

Illucéption – Mesmer
[TSym] Tac Sym

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

You really think IOJ played well that week? (I was there, and some members of my guild were pulling 14 hour shifts) I think you may be seeing the past through rose colored glasses.

I think the same though. IOJ did very well that time. For me, it’s one of the best fun matches, the other one being the match when BG come back to T1.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: AFK.1854

AFK.1854

Looks like Blackgate has absorbed multiple big SoS guilds. GW2 has this bizarre ‘passed around foster child’ thing going on where people just migrate from server to server, and the landscape changes, free or paid. I suppose that could be good, but it’s also terribly frustrating to the small fish whose fates are decided by the big fish.

Enjoy your time at the top of the hill JQ, it’ll come to an end sooner than you think.

(edited by AFK.1854)

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

So one of the major Oceanic guilds on the unofficial Oceanic server that has been there since the start leaves to greener pastures? Sad to see but I guess you do what’s right for your guild.

Good luck in your future endeavours.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Looks like Blackgate has absorbed multiple big SoS guilds. GW2 has this bizarre ‘passed around foster child’ thing going on where people just migrate from server to server, and the landscape changes, free or paid. I suppose that could be good, but it’s also terribly frustrating to the small fish whose fates are decided by the big fish.

Enjoy your time at the top of the hill JQ, it’ll come to an end sooner than you think.

All things come to an end, its how you deal with that scenario that defines you.

Good luck to all three guilds and good luck to those remaining on SoS. I hope you all find what you are looking for.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Josh P.1296

So one of the major Oceanic guilds on the unofficial Oceanic server that has been there since the start leaves to greener pastures? Sad to see but I guess you do what’s right for your guild.

I wonder what Jedahs would have done in this situation if he still played.

Illucéption – Mesmer
[TSym] Tac Sym

in WvW

Tobias Steele.2071

I wonder what Jedahs would have done in this situation if he still played.

He wouldn’t have left. Jedahs loved SOS. Not that it matters though, he’s moved on from gw2 and merc are moving on from SOS.

Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

As with foe and agg before them, each guild is getting 2000 gold to help support their move.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

in WvW

Posted by: Asharona.9741

Asharona.9741

They changed to Bullfighters…but some players that have left the server….had some good contact with them and was a sad day for them en ofcourse me.

/Salute to those people you know who you are;)

Confirmed, there was not any loss in this case.

Asharona/Azharon – The Bullfighters [BuLL] – Baruch Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Hod,sbi,bg1.0,sos,sor,ioj couldnt do itthe only one that will doit is jq from shear boredom from lack of competition.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

In all honesty, thumbs up to MERC for doing it. They are a big guild and its a big decision, but they were probably not going anywhere further with SOS. Its the way WvW is atm. Im guess as a JQ Oceanic I have my work cut out for me now

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

As with foe and agg before them, each guild is getting 2000 gold to help support their move.

Getting 2k gold from who?

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

in WvW

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

This whole thing reminds me of a nuclear arms race.

SoS was the threat so JQ over-recruited.
JQ is the threat so BG over-recruited.
BG may now have the best coverage.

Yet, somehow I feel this is not how the game was meant to be played. With people trying to “out-cover” their opponent. I don’t see a strong future with the game beyond the next few months, but it should be interesting to see how it all plays out and at least another game developer will learn, how not to setup your game system.

We need some Nuclear Arms disarmament and Non-proliferation agreements now, haha.

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

This whole thing reminds me of a nuclear arms race.

SoS was the threat so JQ over-recruited.
JQ is the threat so BG over-recruited.
BG may now have the best coverage.

Yet, somehow I feel this is not how the game was meant to be played. With people trying to “out-cover” their opponent. I don’t see a strong future with the game beyond the next few months, but it should be interesting to see how it all plays out and at least another game developer will learn, how not to setup your game system.

We need some Nuclear Arms disarmament and Non-proliferation agreements now, haha.

When did BG over recruit? I thought Agg, FoE and now the others just took the logical step knowing where BG was weak during their time in T1

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

in WvW

Kryyg.8576

I think it’s fair to say BG is the new super server, you may have equal or greater coverage to JQ now NA, Oceanic and Asian time zone and you will have 2 ups on us with VOTF and HB for your Euro coverage.

I don’t hold it against you quite frankly, I play on JQ and I think we over-recruited to beat SoS, you’ve done the same to beat us, but that doesn’t mean you didn’t over-recruit.

I really don’t blame the players at all, it’s the system that is flawed.

(edited by Kryyg.8576)

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I think it’s fair to say BG is the new super server, you may have equal or greater coverage to JQ now NA, Oceanic and Asian time zone and you will have 2 ups on us with VOTF and HB for your Euro coverage.

I don’t hold it against you quite frankly, I play on JQ and I think we over-recruited to beat SoS, you’ve done the same to beat us, but that doesn’t mean you didn’t over-recruit.

Nothing in “the system” forces players to jump from server to server because theirs isn’t winning anymore, though.

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

The system doesn’t force hardcore pvp guilds to transfer to one server like a school of fish everytime their current server has a hiccup.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Kryyg.8576

It really does if you think about it, Glicko system with 3 servers per tier in a league of 24 servers with a 24/7 game is inherently flawed.

Human nature makes people to want to win, but in real life and most games, to have good competition to eventually win you just need the pre-requisite of drive, motivation, effort mixed in with some skill or talent. In this game to be competitive to win you need to stack your time zones.

I mean TC and beyond, it’s not ever going to be realistic any of the servers below have any chance whatsoever of ever moving up without transfers. That’s a flawed system and the more I think about it, I wonder wtf was Anet thinking.

in WvW

ykyk.2740

It really does if you think about it, Glicko system with 3 servers per tier in a league of 24 servers with a 24/7 game is inherently flawed.

Human nature makes people to want to win, but in real life and most games, to have good competition to eventually win you just need the pre-requisite of drive, motivation, effort mixed in with some skill or talent. In this game to be competitive to win you need to stack your time zones.

I mean TC and beyond, it’s not ever going to be realistic any of the servers below have any chance whatsoever of ever moving up without transfers. That’s a flawed system.

That’s because you assume the point of the system is to get to the top of the bracket. There is a group of players who believe this and server-hop like bunnies, and there are people who realize the bracket system is to ensure fair matchups, and just play the game. One of those groups are having fun, the other is QQing on forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

I don’t hold it against you quite frankly, I play on JQ and I think we over-recruited to beat SoS, you’ve done the same to beat us, but that doesn’t mean you didn’t over-recruit. I mean basically SoS has now merged into BG.

Wait a second, I don’t think anyone has said where VoTF is going. And I’m pretty sure it’s not here. Also, I highly doubt we’re the new “super server”. We were weak last time we were in tier 1.

We played our hearts out but there’s no denying the coverage gaps. Four guilds joining us don’t make us a super server, but it might make us a competetive one. That’s to be seen when we come back to tier 1.

That said, while I don’t personally agree with the idea of sending multiple guilds to the same place to bounce back into tier 1, I understand they have the bests interests of their guilds in mind and wish them the best of luck here.

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

in WvW

Kryyg.8576

Never seen a ladder that wasn’t meant to be climbed.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

People are flawed, the system just didn’t account for it.

People could easily be happy that their server is now losing and enjoy the challenge, enjoy going down a tier or two so you face new opponents for a change, but no they jump ship to the next rising star.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

You say BG recruited AGG, FoE, and the others, I thought they came over from paying attention and maybe finding BG appealing with a great chance to counter JQs coverage. I guess reading your posts you must think BG was recruiting these SoS guilds and it appeared to me they just surveyed the WvW landscape and went where they thought the action was. You make it sound like BG is trying to mirror JQ in some way when what we really do is log on and fight

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

This is actually hilarious to me.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Helamintur.8641

Helamintur.8641

So sorry you guys can leave, but ignore this topic for ours. I am focused on who remains and who will come to our server, not who takes the easy road and jumps ship. Adios.

Light may be faster than darkness, but darkness is always there waiting for it.

in WvW

ykyk.2740

Never seen a ladder that wasn’t meant to be climbed.

See, you don’t get it. It’s only a ladder if there’s something special on top. The only thing on top of this “ladder” is QQ.

(See what I did there hurr hurr JQQ)

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

You say BG recruited AGG, FoE, and the others, when what we really do is log on and fight

And pay 2k gold per guild.

I would do the same as you bud except deny the obvious.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

(edited by Diashame.6328)

in WvW

Posted by: Gondram.8365

Gondram.8365

The Glicko system (as a modification of ELO) isn’t really designed to be used for a limited bracketing system; it’s actually set up so that any rating can play any other without too much risk of rapid score fluctuation. Using it for a three team ladder was an interesting experiment, but I think we’ve all seen the issues by now; “coverage” battles for the top tiers, and an almost inescapable score gap in tier 8.

If Anet really wants more balanced servers they would have to institute some sort of “random match up” system, preferably including European servers in that pool. The top ranked servers might still get some bandwagoners, but there would no longer be any “tier one” for people to strive for, just getting their server’s rank as high as possible. The way glicko works when against the current tier 1 ranks a lower ranked server would actually gain ranking by closing the gap – losing by 30k when the rankings predicted a 50k loss. This would make sticking to your server WORTH it, climbing up the ranks by actually slugging it out with a variety of other servers.

Gondram – D/D Aurashare Elementalist
Kinsman Redeemer – Hammer/Shout Warrior
Proud Member of Opposition – Jade Quarry Oldtimer

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

And pay 2k gold per guild.

I would do the same as you bud except deny the obvious.

I would be really surprised to hear BG guilds like HB, Thai, Nine Dragon, RIOT etc. etc would pay anyone anything to come to BG. Since you know all the facts maybe you can enlighten us which guilds on BG would give 2k to FoE or AGG. I was under the impression they came to BG because they want to fight and still be able to take days off and not pull 14 hour shifts

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

(edited by Miiaah.5416)

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

People could easily be happy that their server is now losing and enjoy the challenge, enjoy going down a tier or two so you face new opponents for a change, but no they jump ship to the next rising star.

Your statement resonates with me.

When transfers were free you had the opportunity to try the waters of different servers. Now that it’s paid transfer…. well… if you didn’t know the community you were with, do you really know the community you’re now going to. Concurrently does that community know what you’re bringing (baggage and all).

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Irony.5203

Irony.5203

FoE and Agg paid for their own transfers. Not a single copper came from any BG player.

Irony Torzung – [US] Blackgate
Blackgatewvw.com – Website Administrator
1st Generation War Council Leader

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

yawn It is boring to see guilds who like to bandwagon jump to new servers. Looks like Blackgate is the new bandwagon server.

in WvW

Posted by: Irony.5203

Irony.5203

yawn It is boring to see guilds who like to bandwagon jump to new servers. Looks like Blackgate is the new bandwagon server.

Not really a new bandwagon server imo. We’ve been a popular server to transfer to for a while now.

Irony Torzung – [US] Blackgate
Blackgatewvw.com – Website Administrator
1st Generation War Council Leader

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Not really a new bandwagon server imo. We’ve been a popular server to transfer to for a while now.

It’s a refreshed old bandwagon server?

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”