The fall of JQ

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

All maps except for ebg outmanned and mostly empty on a Saturday evening.
JQ could really use some transfers. IoJ merge added like 10 people to our community.
It’s really a shame to see JQ so empty.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Cecilia, your message is going to fall on deaf ears. It’s what the Dev’s wanted and nothing can be done until the lock is lifted. Have fun and just wait the next 3 months out.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

raised by bandwagoners, fall by bandwagoners

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

Many JQ players answered the call to fight the evil empire that gathered on TC, before this so called balance patch arrived. But most JQ players already left the game, stopped playing, so the huge playerbase means just unused accounts now.

It’s up to Anet to really balance the game. So far we have excellent SEA coverage, some OCX, but lack EU and NA. It’s not just JQ that is outmanned in certain timezones, and the current linking system does nothing to address this.

Anet has to come up with a better plan quickly, because the players in outmanned timezones – on all servers – can’t have fun playing WvW, and thus will sooner or later leave, resulting in even less overall WvW population. Blaming players for the imbalance is fine to some extent, but useless: this needs to be fixed and now, not a few months later.

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Many JQ players answered the call to fight the evil empire that gathered on TC, before this so called balance patch arrived. But most JQ players already left the game, stopped playing, so the huge playerbase means just unused accounts now.

It’s up to Anet to really balance the game. So far we have excellent SEA coverage, some OCX, but lack EU and NA. It’s not just JQ that is outmanned in certain timezones, and the current linking system does nothing to address this.

Anet has to come up with a better plan quickly, because the players in outmanned timezones – on all servers – can’t have fun playing WvW, and thus will sooner or later leave, resulting in even less overall WvW population. Blaming players for the imbalance is fine to some extent, but useless: this needs to be fixed and now, not a few months later.

Dead on, now not a few months later. I thought the latest update was a good foot forward for anet, but honestly the mode is just boring and dead for the most part and will continue to taper off. Reality is INC.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

JQ could really use some transfers. IoJ merge added like 10 people to our community.

I do hope to be able to see JQ again someday, you guys always brought good fights. It will be interesting to see what changes are made with the server linking system. Don’t despair too much folks we are still in beta testing, there is hope for the future.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

The bandwagon was strong. Playing this game since beta and I’m on JQ since then. I still don’t understand why people transfer to the new fotm server. Especially when you pretend to “leave for fights”.

Wonder who TC fights in their matchup against FA and JQ. Both servers aren’t known (or ever were) for their huge NA or EU forces.

The good old times fighting SoR and BG will never come back. Thanks to the server hopping “flight guilds”.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

FA and JQ. Both servers aren’t known (or ever were) for their huge NA or EU forces.

Why do people keep repeating this? FA’s strongest timezone was always NA. o_O

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvanwood.2746

Sylvanwood.2746

This is precisely the result of what Anet thinks is balancing the population. The lack of NA/EU for JQ has been an obvious problem for several months now. JQ really needed to be merged with a server with NA population and low on SEA/OCX. We had some good fights with TC on Saturday night SEA time and made some gains in points which were all gone by Sunday morning (which is right now – and we have no queue all maps). From what I hear TC has 24/7 queues for EB. No offence to anyone on IoJ, but as Cecilia said, merging IoJ with JQ added about 10 people.

[Jade Quarry]

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Chaba.5410

This is precisely the result of what Anet thinks is balancing the population. The lack of NA/EU for JQ has been an obvious problem for several months now. JQ really needed to be merged with a server with NA population and low on SEA/OCX. We had some good fights with TC on Saturday night SEA time and made some gains in points which were all gone by Sunday morning (which is right now – and we have no queue all maps). From what I hear TC has 24/7 queues for EB. No offence to anyone on IoJ, but as Cecilia said, merging IoJ with JQ added about 10 people.

- I didn’t understand why IoJ and JQ were linked. :/
- Making gains during your primary playing time then having those gains wiped all while you slept is a major reason why you too should vote for scoring changes over QoL.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

If JQ does fall in rankings, they may end up paired with a strong NA server. It could end up working out well for both them and the lucky server they end up with.

Hyade and his flamethrower

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: davidiven.9408

davidiven.9408

lmao outmanned, were you on JQ BL yesterday, and FA BL tonight?

(edited by davidiven.9408)

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Wonder who TC fights in their matchup against FA and JQ. Both servers aren’t known (or ever were) for their huge NA or EU forces.

remember when FA queued 150 on eb and 50+ across all 3 borders on weeknights

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Not just the problem for JQ.
This is the problem for WvW gamemode for a long time. Lopsided matchup has driven a lot of players away over time.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Chaba.5410

remember when FA queued 150 on eb and 50+ across all 3 borders on weeknights

Was close to that last match at reset from everyone trying out the patch and the server link. :O

Chaba Tangnu

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Cecilia, your message is going to fall on deaf ears. It’s what the Dev’s wanted and nothing can be done until the lock is lifted. Have fun and just wait the next 3 months out.

EDIT: After discussing this at length, I think I should correct a misunderstanding on my part. IT was NOT the actual Admin responsible for the issues but instead a few individuals with permissions and they are working to correct the problems

Even when JQ had the lock lifted, they could not get the recruits needed to offset the recruits the other servers were getting, and it isn’t like we didn’t try.. WE TRIED.. We even went to EU servers trying to recruit. TBH, JQ’s situation cannot really be put off on the devs this time. Internal restructuring has to take place before this can really change. From speaking to some of those who left, many will not return to JQ unless they create a New TS server/ forums and change the way it is administered due to control issues.

I didn’t think it was as bad as they were making it out to be until last night when someone came into channel and started changing people’s permissions without even discussing it with them. They just changed multiple people’s permissions , didn’t answer when addressed and then logged out. ( For apparently a reason that is completely false as I found out later as most of their commanders, scouts and guilds that have been using ccoms for years have had accounts on multiple servers.. how do they think we brought players from elsewhere to JQ in the first place?) That is no way to run a server and if they are wondering why everyone left they should start by looking in the mirror. Those responsible for those actions would be the ones that need to lose admin rights if they want to save the server.

Yea, it was pretty bad that they are shooting themselves in the foot when they run off the remaining scouts, guilds and commanders pulling nonsense like that on the people trying to actually help them when they need it most. They are actually running off the people who have defended them the most, pulling over time and spending their money to keep them afloat and it is sad.

What JQ needs most is a restructuring. If a strong NA server came in and took over control of the TS and Forums, it would probably be the best thing that could happen to the server. It does no good for us to keep trying to bring players and guilds to the server if they are going to keep running them off with ridiculousness. That has to change first before things can change long term. They have been relying on their OCX and SEA to bust their tails to keep them afloat for too long.

IN ADDITION: To those who mistakenly think " this isn’t doing JQ any favors".. YES, addressing the elephant in the room is exactly what needs to happen. They need to stop pretending that isn’t the problem and get a reality check. It isn’t like this is some secret, players talk when they go to the other servers. This is being discussed openly on JQ and every other server that guilds have left to. I just was one to give them the benefit of the doubt and defend them until the stunt they pulled last night. If they just keep it real and fix the problem then they won’t have to worry about people talking about it.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Not sure why they didn’t wait a couple of resets AFTER the patch to set the linkings. Maybe in the end, it wasn’t going to matter, but bg-TC—db saw a significant influx of players right before and after the patch. My guess is they had way more pop playing than YB or Jq.

The blowouts last week show how little linking accomplished in the end. Not sure the blowouts will end until change it’s BG-tc-db in 1 of the matches…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Not sure why they didn’t wait a couple of resets AFTER the patch to set the linkings. Maybe in the end, it wasn’t going to matter, but bg-TC—db saw a significant influx of players right before and after the patch. My guess is they had way more pop playing than YB or Jq.

The blowouts last week show how little linking accomplished in the end. Not sure the blowouts will end until change it’s BG-tc-db in 1 of the matches…..

BG didn’t receive an influx of guilds/players. In fact, we lost a couple of guilds to Mag/DR just recently. This is just players that’s been waiting for changes to WvW finally coming back and seeing what’s up.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

lol, IoJ is a shame for adding only 10 people?
last time ive seen those 10 guys it can wipe a full queued jq blob

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

The fall of JQ

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

lol, IoJ is a shame for adding only 10 people?
last time ive seen those 10 guys it can wipe a full queued jq blob

IOJ is a great community, good people. Nothing but good things to say about them and have always been considered my favorite server. Those 10 people should take over admin of the TS/ forums merger if they stay stuck there and would be a huge improvement.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

OP, were you crying about population imbalance when Jq was dominating in t1 over the forums? Because all of a sudden Jq start to struggle and you cry about the population imbalance already.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Tsunami.2431

Tsunami.2431

When exactly do you play?

I run with IOJ, I’m in one of their bigger WvW guilds that has almost 90 members and only roughly about 20 that aren’t overly active. Most of them play during OCX times, FA BL was great for us last night and JQ BL yesterday. So maybe, just maybe, you aren’t online during IOJ’s prime time.

I’ve also heard of a few guilds considering to transfer to IOJ because they want to play with JQ.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

Being on several servers for now. Seeing that all servers have sometimes a high toxical level. I would blame the drama queens and elitist players. They try to takeover a server, try to transform it after their wishes. They are getting obnoxious when other players resist and don’t want to follow. Spreading their poison and leave the server for the next >victim<. Together with the queer idea from na-players for locked tiers (aka only the No. 1 server is the real winner), it’s no wonder why players are stacking servers.

Actually I was happy on jq not to read all drama stuff, which happened behind the doors. In the wvw chats on jq I’ve seen rarely poisened words against others, and thats what’s important to me. In the end it’s still a game. For myself the pairing of jq and ioj was the best what could happen to me. New server members are needed, but with locked server you don’t get any. After jq is locked, I’ve transfered back to my origin server ioj, so I can play with my old friends again, but still have some actions, even when there aren’t many during my timezone like last years when I left ioj for jq.

I really hope jq will recover with nice and relaxed people, the server deserve this imho. I have just good memories of massive battles during the eu timezone (before yb has replaced tc).

Sincerely
an eu pug

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

(edited by Menaki.6329)

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

To be honest. JQ’s situation got worse but it wasn’t good ever. There was a lot of talk back in the days that JQ is stacked when it wasn’t.
JQ SEA was stacked and still is, NA was never able to queue all the maps on reset (on seasons maybe) and JQ EU was almost never existent, OCX population changed a lot over the years.
The whole story about “JQ is so full” can be tracked back to seasons when BG tried to recruit more players and back to a guy who transfers around the servers with his disciples of stupidity.
Today JQ lost the majority of the NA players, while EU still isn’t existing while SEA is still strong.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

The fall of JQ

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Being on several servers for now. Seeing that all servers have sometimes a high toxical level. I would blame the drama queens and elitist players. They try to takeover a server, try to transform it after their wishes. They are getting obnoxious when other players resist and don’t want to follow. Spreading their poison and leave the server for the next >victim<. Together with the queer idea from na-players for locked tiers (aka only the No. 1 server is the real winner), it’s no wonder why players are stacking servers.

Actually I was happy on jq not to read all drama stuff, which happened behind the doors. In the wvw chats on jq I’ve seen rarely poisened words against others, and thats what’s important to me. In the end it’s still a game. For myself the pairing of jq and ioj was the best what could happen to me. New server members are needed, but with locked server you don’t get any. After jq is locked, I’ve transfered back to my origin server ioj, so I can play with my old friends again, but still have some actions, even when there aren’t many during my timezone like last years when I left ioj for jq.

I really hope jq will recover with nice and relaxed people, the server deserve this imho. I haven just good memories of massive battles during the eu timezone (before yb has replaced tc.

Sincerely
an eu pug

JQ pugs are the best though <3

WvW / PVP ONLY

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

The hilarity of JQ+IOJ is great. I feel for IOJ.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

To be honest. JQ’s situation got worse but it wasn’t good ever. There was a lot of talk back in the days that JQ is stacked when it wasn’t.
JQ SEA was stacked and still is, NA was never able to queue all the maps on reset (on seasons maybe) and JQ EU was almost never existent, OCX population changed a lot over the years.
The whole story about “JQ is so full” can be tracked back to seasons when BG tried to recruit more players and back to a guy who transfers around the servers with his disciples of stupidity.
Today JQ lost the majority of the NA players, while EU still isn’t existing while SEA is still strong.

Were you even playing during those days? Everyone wanted to take down JQ back then because JQ’s SEA would queue 4 maps doing OT with Waha and Cloudfly from OCX all the way to EU. It makes DK and Chris from YB look tame in comparison. People kept bandwagoning to JQ for years until BG got enough to fight back, at which point JQ basically broke and lived on lifelines like TW as well as Cloudfly’s continued bullpoop

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

The server merge was implemented extremely poorly. They didn’t look at coverage and they boosted servers that already were stacked. While not addressing the needs of servers who were already low in numbers.

If this “beta” server configuration lasts 3 months then WvW is done for good. The players won’t stick around to be obliterated by overwhelming numbers.

ANET failed.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: slimike.1693

slimike.1693

Just because your t1 server is falling dosnt mean anet failed. Many servers have risen/fell throughout the 3 years and now it is you guys, maybe it is bg someday, dont blame anet for locking the servers right after all the jq guilds left lol. Your community is what failed, you didnt keep your guilds now you have no coverage.

-Magswag

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

It’s 100 gold to transfer to the linking of your choice. Nobody cares what your server is named. People will go where the action is.

JQ subsidiary

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

>>>I didn’t think it was as bad as they were making it out to be until last night when someone came into channel and started changing people’s permissions without even discussing it with them. They just changed multiple people’s permissions , didn’t answer when addressed and then logged out.<<<

Well, this surprises me. I never noticed anything like this when dealing with the JQ people on TS or on the message boards. They were always reasonable, kind, and helpful. Having come from one server where a few iron-fisted control freaks were in charge (TC), I can tell the difference.

As for the population linkage snafu, check out my thread about what happened with BG ANet players leaking the linkage plans early and BG not doing PPT for the week they used as statistic for the linkage… that will help you to understand why the inhouse ANet people made the mistake they made with respect to the population linkage. I hope they will be more careful about who they release info like that to in the future.

That said, I do agree that the issues are deeper than just the population linkage backfire (??? can’t think of a better word) – someone said to me yesterday “Anet should just lock servers and not allow transfers to stop all this **** Guilds” – I masked that but we all know who they are – the guilds who think they can control WvW by moving around and destroying servers – and I said “Yes, but that is one way Anet makes money.” A company has to balance the need to stay in business so we can play with the needs of a group of players in the game and, let’s face it, obviously we are not the largest group of players, by the way issues have not been addressed in the past. I am not saying this as a criticism, really – business resources go where the money comes from first and foremost.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Just because your t1 server is falling dosnt mean anet failed. Many servers have risen/fell throughout the 3 years and now it is you guys, maybe it is bg someday, dont blame anet for locking the servers right after all the jq guilds left lol. Your community is what failed, you didnt keep your guilds now you have no coverage.

I have multiple accounts on different servers. I just comment from this account.

It’s just as boring to be on a stacked server with no opposition. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t like true competition.

Do you honestly believe that all these stacked servers fighting empty servers is good for the game? Really?

The basic core of WvW is flawed. They care more about their transfer money than actually creating a competitive environment. Differences in populations is to be expected, but when the design allows for the extreme stacking we have now then that design is garbage. ANET has NEVER addressed these issues in any way that worked, but instead everything they do creates even more disparities.

ANET failed.. again.

They should even out the populations, throw out Glicko and tiers. Rotate matchups to keep things interesting. They system they have now sucks.

(edited by Grim West.3194)

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Many JQ players answered the call to fight the evil empire that gathered on TC

evil empire lol? you guys outnumbered us at pretty mich all times of day. pretty sure jq is the evil empire, and tc is like some hill tribe scrounging for food in the surrounding environs.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

They should even out the populations, throw out Glicko and tiers. Rotate matchups to keep things interesting. They system they have now sucks.

Yea cause BG matched against Darkhaven sounds like a brilliant idea!

Anet need to not touch things for a while, let it even out.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

How’s this any different than the prior T1 servers that faded?

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

evil empire lol? you guys outnumbered us at pretty mich all times of day. pretty sure jq is the evil empire, and tc is like some hill tribe scrounging for food in the surrounding environs.

You do realise that the alliance of guilds that went to TC recently now call themselves the empire…

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

Not TC is the “evil empire” (and that’s a joking role-playing reference to Star Wars), but the the evil empire that gathered on TC
It’s about that “alliance” that moves from server to server, many of them have multiple accounts, and when they had enough with the host server, they just move on to the next one. They are quite “popular” and “admired” for their cross realming, that is bannable offense in some RvR games:

“Cross realming generates great faction imbalance. Destroys ANY semblance of realm pride…. a core foundational principle of faction vs. faction conflict and makes factions almost completely irrelevant.”

Since WvW was in dying state for so long, realm pride (loyalty to your greater team) or “server pride” was weakened and by some viewed as a clutch, a chain that prevents them having fun by moving to where there are “fights”, actually just frequently moving around to have the chance of fighting different opponents, since the game became stale and pointless – and still it is – WvW still has no competition, one can know who will win a match-up before that even starts: coverage still decides everything, linking servers did nothing to evenly distribute coverage across servers and timezones.

The lately so called “evil empire” alliance it’s a group of guilds with questionable ethical values, and their bandwagon followers, with enough numbers to push any server they choose to (they always do that on a server that has the potential to complement their forces, so nobody will be able to stand against without huge effort and time investment), and then proceed to obliterate every matchup, until they get bored again and switch to another host victim (that will be abandoned to fall afterwards).

Is this bad, or against the game rules? Here – nothing is certain; in a game mode like this, abandoned for so long, many are bored to death and start doing strange things. Because they can do it. Some decided to fight them, others were forced to, or had to play alongside.

Now it’s all over, Anet started making changes. It’s a huge mess so far, there is still no equalized coverage and no competition, no reward either for winning that competition, no rewards to encourage loyalty to your realm and encourage players moving where coverage is needed. Different timezones are still outmanned on most servers, and the hope that these will be over one day, slowly fades away.

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

(edited by Aeowia.7214)

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Lol You guys are being foolish if you believed it was for balancing. Some matches lucked out, others have turned into such an overwhelmingly lopsided match. For Anet to blindly fold the servers and match lowest with highest RANKED as opposed to analyzing data for the most accurate pairings shows that this “balance” is to save face. After sitting around idle and watching the game mode die they recognized that the low populated servers needed to be merged in order for the neglected game mode to look active again. Usually I would blame players for stacking but these matches are now the direct result of Anet’s doing. If they ever plan on balance and fixing this pile of kitten they better do it soon or else they will find themselves having to fold the remaining servers yet again.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

It’s about that “alliance” that moves from server to server, many of them have multiple accounts, and when they had enough with the host server, they just move on to the next one. They are quite “popular” and “admired” for their cross realming, that is bannable offense in some RvR games:

Snip 8<

WvW still has no competition, one can know who will win a match-up before that even starts: coverage still decides everything, linking servers did nothing to evenly distribute coverage across servers and timezones.

The lately so called “evil empire” alliance it’s a group of guilds with questionable ethical values, and their bandwagon followers, with enough numbers to push any server they choose to (they always do that on a server that has the potential to complement their forces, so nobody will be able to stand against without huge effort and time investment), and then proceed to obliterate every matchup, until they get bored again and switch to another host victim (that will be abandoned to fall afterwards).

Is this bad, or against the game rules? Here – nothing is certain; in a game mode like this, abandoned for so long, many are bored to death and start doing strange things. Because they can do it. Some decided to fight them, others were forced to, or had to play alongside.
Snip 8<

ANet may or may not understand the meaning behind this quote.

I’ll term this as – The Plague of Locusts

If ANet does understand this…I hope they will move to Change the Base Map Mechanic to reduce or prevent un-fair matches from occurring.

Yours truly,
Diku

Possible Full Solution – Google Search – Reboot Base Map Mechanic

(edited by Diku.2546)

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

lol. Yes, ANET said “Let’s do a pairing system so that JQ can fall”. lol

The truth is that Yak’s got hurt a lot more by the server pairing. Anvil Rock had no one.

I am actually excited to see shifting positions on the leaderboard. It is exciting. Matchups were stale before

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

ANET developers needs to fix this balance thing more than sleep capping. Let’s begin a season where BG and JQ can be paired. BG has the NA/EU forces. JQ has the SEA and both BG and JQ can contribute a little to the OCX. TC or YB needs to be paired up with Anvil Rock or server that has equivalent population. It won’t be fair for those 2 servers since they are heavily queued as they are right now.

The BG Super Munster!

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

i hope anet doesnt read this thread and actually think… oh maybe we made a mistake?

the issue jq has isnt lack of players, its why dont the players they do have want to be in wvw?

like rly stop and think about this, the system counts enough players to mark the server as full but doesnt consider how long they spend in wvw or how effective is their organization.

this pairing system is actually pretty smart. if one wanted to play on jq they could just transfer to the guest server. if the guest server becomes over stacked they can be separated.

but still ppl complain that score doesnt matter then lament their lack of coverage. they say everyone else is over stacked while the solution is staring them in the face.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Devils Toy.9205

Devils Toy.9205

i hope anet doesnt read this thread and actually think… oh maybe we made a mistake?

the issue jq has isnt lack of players, its why dont the players they do have want to be in wvw?

like rly stop and think about this, the system counts enough players to mark the server as full but doesnt consider how long they spend in wvw or how effective is their organization.

this pairing system is actually pretty smart. if one wanted to play on jq they could just transfer to the guest server. if the guest server becomes over stacked they can be separated.

but still ppl complain that score doesnt matter then lament their lack of coverage. they say everyone else is over stacked while the solution is staring them in the face.

The issue with JQ is/was an internal one…People should sit back and think about why all the guilds that were once the core of JQ have left.

[KILL] Leader
Maguuma

(edited by Devils Toy.9205)

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

like rly stop and think about this, the system counts enough players to mark the server as full

The Dev’s manually set the Worlds to full. As I said elsewhere on the forums, JQ was not even at the same “very high” population as YB or BG. So yeah, there’s no equivalence in the pairings.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Server was high (not even very high) just before the change so you’re wrong, all top 12 servers have been marked as full so anet have clearly manually marked the servers as full. There are very few NA guilds left, there may be some pugs but not guilds.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Dhemize.8649

I hope they do, because a mistake has been made.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

The issue with JQ is/was an internal one…People should sit back and think about why all the guilds that were once the core of JQ have left.

I couldn’t agree more it’s an internal JQ organisational and attitude problem of NA people running the servers. Guilds don’t feel welcome on JQ.

Sea people keep out of the JQ Forums/Politics and don’t give a rats about who’s running JQ.
The NA populous has steadily fallen due to a Number of times toxic individuals and attitudes like “guilds who come here integrate with us” – there is no real working with guilds to integrate them in. Guilds have to force there way through the door…not a great start for any community.

There is no friendly atmosphere within the so called leadership of JQ – it’s been a mess for several years that I have been here. When individuals in so called responsibility troll and be excessively rude over a number of years… You think what is the point in fighting for your server… Diddly squat is the answer.

It’s funny because the guilds and individuals left leaving a dying populations in NA/EU- but they still refuse to address the core internal server community issues.
Anyone who doesn’t agree with a select few frankly are trolled and called names, and wtf did you do attitude… Doesn’t make for a great community.

It’s funny those in JQ leadership looking at this thread openly laugh how the official forums are cancer and cannot see past there own attitudes and how people in this thread may have actual valid comments. Prehaps actual acceptance these people might have a point and real dialog might be a way forward – but nope the usual dismissive attitude I’ve come to accept is prevailant.

Keep it up – when real change happens maybe you’ll find more people with you and some returning faces.

Right now we’re considering issing off to a proper EU server – so keep up with the usual snarky comments on the forum and typical gif wars. That’s about all you’ll find on JQ is “gif wars 2.0”

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

(edited by TPMN.1483)

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

JQ “died” for several reasons. One of the first, which has already been touched upon by others, are the clique of individuals mostly from the same few guilds who administrate the community’s infrastructure (website, TS). Some barely play the game at all, but feel they’re in a position to have a lot to say about commanders/guilds or push back on absolutely any suggestion which may widen the distribution of “power” (even “power” as limited as to be able to verify people in TS) which would have made things easier for the community overall.

Nonsense and toxicity surrounding the infrastructure has built up over some time and most certainly played a contributory factor in some individuals and even entire guilds’ decisions to remain or reform on JQ. Many individuals and commanders who left just don’t feel like dealing with the added drama when there are communities which are much more accommodating, open and make the basics much easier. Having recently moved from JQ to TC, let me tell you the difference in the administration and transparency has been night and day.

Now JQ are left with all the “admins” in “power” who are irrelevant to actual WvW with hardly anyone to administrate and who are incapable of actual leading in the game itself. Great job! JQ forgot the number 1 rule: it’s always the actual guilds and commanders who are the most important aspect of any server’s WvW community, and they should be listened to and served by the people running the infrastructure. Always remember that being a admin/mod is a position of servitude and listening to what the people who are actually running things in WvW for the server want and trying to improve things to make life easier for those people, as without them you have no WvW presence at all. It’s not about dictating things, making wide threats about removing entire groups of peoples’ permissions or randomly changing peoples’ statuses or access based on whether you like them or not.

I’m 100% sure the people in “power” right now are fully justifying their actions and supporting each other. I’m sure they’re repeating the mantra that they’re “much better off without those toxic people and toxic guilds anyway” and all agreeing and e-high fiving pretending everything’s ok, because that’s what they’ve always done. It’s an infinite circle of internal self-validation as there’s no-one within the clique to act as a balancing force and say “hey, maybe there is something in what people are saying here.” Most of the people within the community who cared enough to try and change things gave up and left as they grew bored with the drama or just moved on to other games entirely. It is what it is, but it won’t change unless a new infrastructure is created ran by people more fit to administrate and even that won’t bring people back in droves. The damage is already done.

Having said all this, this is certainly not the only reason why JQ is struggling these days. The other half of the story is that people simply got bored both with the game mode and with how match-ups were playing out on JQ. Once upon a time, JQ was ridiculously stacked in most timezones and steamrolling everything consistently becomes boring and makes players either quit or move on to find better challenges. There was a time during EU when JQ could literally queue two separate maps between Kazo and KILL with up to 4-5 commanders running should those guilds so wish, versus maybe 1 commander with 25 on BG and 1 commander with 25 TC on a good day. This went on for maybe 6 months and I barely played personally during this time as logging in to k-train with no meaningful fights was ridiculously boring; I actually chose to form a guild and start commanding on the always-outnumbered SoR server during the height of this as it was more fun fighting in those conditions rather than steamrolling everything with 60 people against a handful of die-hard defenders, who often tried their best against impossible odds. As more guilds/commanders either burned out or realized how pointless forming up consistently to do this was, they either quit or moved to other servers for something fresh and JQ became weaker and weaker as a result. The same is also now happening to YB to a degree as people realized dominating the PPT war against the bored and weakened JQ and always-AFK BG wasn’t exciting gameplay and fighting the same groups of people grew stale, so commanders and guilds move away looking for new challenges whilst leaving the server they transferred away from weaker for it.

Finally, and maybe this is just me, but as an English-speaking player I actually didn’t particularly have fun spending time in WvW on JQ during off-hours outside of my own guild raids. Some of the main off-hours commanders who lead large militia forces don’t use TS or are unable to communicate too well as they’re from SEA countries with only a very basic understanding of the English language. I avoided playing WvW on EU servers as I wanted to minimize the language barriers as communities thrive better when everyone shares the same language and are able to understand one another clearly with limited potential for miscommunication. Half the fun of WvW is the community aspect, and the fun is severely limited when a common language isn’t present. This isn’t the fault of JQ as a server and it isn’t a problem that has a particular solution, but it was certainly a contributory factor to me in my decision to move elsewhere with a higher concentration of native English speakers public tagging.

There are probably many more reasons why JQ is weaker than it has ever been right now, and you could probably write a book detailing the intricate and often complicated inter-personal and inter-guild dramas but I think I’ve wrote enough and documented a few of the main reasons myself and many I know left the server.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Dhemize.8649

TL;DR
“Maybe not today, maybe not six months from now…”

The prophecies have finally come true and we’re witnessing JQ burn.

The fall of JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

K can Ehmry Bay have Jade Quarry’s server then? We need something with our name on it. I’m sure many of the other servers would seek similar proposals.

But I mean hey…I’ll be moving there myself if that’s the new ‘roamer’ server where its not just a giant mass of blobs 24/7. YOu have something special, hold onto it! I’d take ur spot gladly to reassert my individuality and feel like my contributions matter for more than 5 minutes.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]