Golem Rush Feedback Mega-Thread

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

It is a crazy event, and I had a great time having some stupid fun last night. Given thay it is only a week long, I like the event. Cutting loose with stupid fun is a good time.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I’ve yet to talk to my guildies, but I imagine this is fun for one commander on my server who will do mass golem rushes normally. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Grimaldi.8532

Grimaldi.8532

Oh we have one for that as well ;D That will be for Reddit

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

event is ok, u guys are just boring or started the game. wvw was boring before it for half a year or more
some stuff like this brings a bit of fresh air into it

and it destroys your lovely acs

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

event is ok, u guys are just boring or started the game. wvw was boring before it for half a year or more
some stuff like this brings a bit of fresh air into it

and it destroys your lovely acs

Look, a wild PvE player appeared. That’s a very rare, shiny one. It actually thinks that ANet does right instead of the core WvW players who endured this mess since 3 years without any major changes.

Masterball GO.
Caught it. Now I can luckily store it away forever.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

I’m from Kiening and everything is blue and everything will remain blue for the entire week. We are a small server and this insentive has made it so that one server has basically dominated WvW and farms teh other two for bags.

EOTM never has a CMD these days because there all probably on there home server maps.

This entire event is a burden on smaller servers as well as those dedicated to WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

From what I hear the new boarderland seems to be way to big to actually make it across in time to defend anything, it seems to be more designed for PvD so this Golem Event may just be the basework for something bigger,

1 thing is for sure, this event seems to be REALLY popular with the PvD servers, who like to run away from fights, as now they can get in and cap a tower/keep in less than 3 mins,

Some servers may find there rating going up this week and next week be up against servers that will slaughter them without there golems to take objections near instantly.

This really does show how much anet is out of touch with the WvW community, its also why no DEV will come here and give us feedback, but no doubt we will see the usual comment soon " We are reading your feedback, and we will relay it to the team" Id rather they just came out with it and said screw you all we do what we want, you are not important to us.

Its stupid things like this that Anet do, that make me glad I did not buy HoT.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

From what I hear the new boarderland seems to be way to big to actually make it across in time to defend anything, it seems to be more designed for PvD so this Golem Event may just be the basework for something bigger,

1 thing is for sure, this event seems to be REALLY popular with the PvD servers, who like to run away from fights, as now they can get in and cap a tower/keep in less than 3 mins,

Some servers may find there rating going up this week and next week be up against servers that will slaughter them without there golems to take objections near instantly.

This really does show how much anet is out of touch with the WvW community, its also why no DEV will come here and give us feedback, but no doubt we will see the usual comment soon " We are reading your feedback, and we will relay it to the team" Id rather they just came out with it and said screw you all we do what we want, you are not important to us.

Perhaps we get flying dragon mounts…. Yaaaay

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Perhaps we get flying dragon mounts…. Yaaaay

Dun give them ideas, they wont put them in if you do!

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in WvW

Posted by: localghost.9145

localghost.9145

“We realize people think blobbing is an issue, we’re working on possible solutions to deal with the probl… HERE EVERYONE HAVE SOME FREE GOLEMS” – anet 2015

Blippis Trynhatt
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

There not free

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Look, a wild PvE player appeared. That’s a very rare, shiny one. It actually thinks that ANet does right instead of the core WvW players who endured this mess since 3 years without any major changes.

Masterball GO.
Caught it. Now I can luckily store it away forever.

CAN U READ or join german part of forum

anet does terribad with wvw

this event is OK

stop crying

KoA is dead, and when it was alive it had low quality (though Rajnesh is a good guy <3)

pve oh my….wanna fit? go pvp or join decent rading guild. 50vs50 is just fun 1111 and with golems it’s easier to get to germans that like defencive playstyle ALOT on national servers. OFC YOU ARE NOT HAPPY

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Grimaldi.8532

Artistic expression!

Attachments:

in WvW

Grimaldi.8532

The progression….is real

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

The progression….is real

I would get that checked.

in WvW

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

EOTM never has a CMD these days because there all probably on there home server maps.

Well, you know… wouldn’t that indicate that folks are enjoying this event enough to participate in their own world’s BL battles and actual WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

This was some of our reset

https://youtu.be/50i4PgWPvrk

Had a bunch of laughs at times but really it mostly became a big k-train. Our commanders said we were hunting golem zergs but seems the other servers wp’ed when they saw us..

Might have been fun if we actually had golem vs golem fights but that really wasn’t the case. Only time we got to wipe golems was when we caught them trying to take something. Other 2 servers seemed to have ran out of golems by the time I logged. (maybe they were in PVE farming gold for more)

Ahh well maybe we will see less golem rushes after this event I dunno. I got more champ loot then heavy loot bags and I’d rather have it the other way around. Especially on reset night.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

in WvW

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

god, im so excited for crowfall and CU, that this will make it actually easier to leave this disney, future/fantasy melange of crap. combat (i.e. movement/potential/etc.) = A+, Balance = D, WvW so much potential, so much fluff, so much zerg, so dead right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I didn’t rage about the golems, because I no longer expect anything from Arenanet when it comes to WvWvW. The things, which have should have been addressed (like population imbalance, outnumbered “buff”, overpowered siege like AC, profession imbalance, lack of rewards) have never truly been top priority for the developers. I and many others have posted reasonable/good solutions, yet the developer efforts are poured into secondary things like creating a pve map called EoTM and a new BL map, which looks like improved EotM, with lots of small scale pve events and longer distances to travel, less open fields, more chokepoints and (guaranteed) more imbalanced match ups. It weirdly seems the developers “listen” to these forums. They ignore everything they don’t want to read and cherry pick the most braindead ideas from here.

I was commanding today on Deso BL and every player on map chat was upset
about the golem changes. The general consensus is that the vast majority of players really hates the golem event and this resulted less players than normal, especially on the opposition. I didn’t use a single golem blueprint, but instead took control of the map using traditional siege, like flame rams.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we will in future get more similar “fun” events. Oh, I wish I could just tweak some numbers related to WvWvW myself e.g. adjust the siege range & dmg, remove some broken things, change the formula for scoring (to make matches more evenly scored) and improve the drop rate of rewards and add reward paths from spvp to WvWvW as well. Sighs…

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I am not pretending to be blind, and if people would stop making new posts on the same thing, I could post properly my self. Just because my opinion differ from yours does not make me any more or less right or wrong then you. I am struggling to see why this is a bad thing, and I am not getting any answers really. Golem event for a week, seems like it fun, so i can’t defend for the week, i will attack for the week. We are all gamers we adapt to change, and it a game so make the most out of it to have fun. No reason to take a game seriously, lol.

“It boring cause it sucks” so you can’t do something you do normally , so one week, or now 6 days, is hurting you so badly? I am just confused, that all, trying to understand.

in WvW

Grimaldi.8532

ROFL Love it!!

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

Don’t you earn karma during the normal wvw stuff too, so that karma train as well? I am confuse how your not earning karma during the normal wvw time, as I seem to do decently when i attack or defend my points.

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

That only play WvW, we had this one game mode, now we have entire week ahead of BS like this golem rush… EOTM would be totally fine for this kind of event, yes its fun 5 min.. but not entire week.

No, I enjoying the wild and crazy fun. I dunno about anyone else, but your claim of "we "s and "us"s is dishonest.

By all means, have an opinion and share it, but please stop claiming to speak for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

So this is how providing feedback on the forums will be – anyone who says they enjoy it even a little will be labeled “bad” or a “pve player” – or insulted in some other way.

That is a common political tool for controlling the outcome of a conversation – make the conversation so toxic that anyone disagreeing will simply stay away. That kind of pervasive negativity pretty much invalidates the forums (for this topic anyway) as an effective way for developers to gather feedback, imo.

too bad for those who thinks it’s fun man….it’s breaking the fun of thousands of people like 85% of the people who WvW

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

there is a golem duping exploit for this event…..

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

So, you rather just do it the way it been, and the way you been doing it. I can understand that. I just can’t understand how a one week event marks the end of WvW. Why not get your buddy , and make the most of the week. I mean you can earn extra world points during the week and the magic find bonus. I guess unless your max rank, you earning some extra levels for when it returns to normal?

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

god, im so excited for crowfall and CU, that this will make it actually easier to leave this disney, future/fantasy melange of crap. combat (i.e. movement/potential/etc.) = A+, Balance = D, WvW so much potential, so much fluff, so much zerg, so dead right now.

I do not get why you would think having a game that is pure RvR will not run into the same problems as wvw has if any thing you will be forced to have pve events in the RvR or you will simply be unable to get gear etc.. to play. You will make a chose do you fight players and get some loot / help your team or do you go in for the more loot rich event and maybe not help your team.

This event may of been a bad ideal but on the level of doom ppl are talking with is just silly stop acting like this is how wvw is going to be for now on the sun is not gone forever when its night time.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

briggah.7910

Don’t you earn karma during the normal wvw stuff too, so that karma train as well? I am confuse how your not earning karma during the normal wvw time, as I seem to do decently when i attack or defend my points.

Yes you get karma during normal wvw but there are a lot more fights to be had and people actually defend and upgrade stuff.. Most refer to karma trains as running around, not defending and just capping stuff over and over again. Karma train is just a term as I have 17+ million karma and really have no need for it..

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Gryph.8237

who the F buys golems with gold? I mean, badges are so stupidly numerous, with nothign to buy, because who needs double sets of stupid exotic gear. I have like 10k badges, and nothing to spend them on, and as I refuse to buy stupid golems, I will still have 10k badges at the end of this dumb kitten event.

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

nice, I only seem to have 500k, as it gain slowly, and I spend a lot of it, but i am still new, less then a year old, so I am sure you have more experience in the game. I guess it the different servers we play on, as the pace sem steady when i in the borders.

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

You guys are really trying to make this seem not as bad as it really is. Considering there is a handful of you and 2 pages of new topics, maybe realize that this “event” is indeed a bad thing for the majority of the community.

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

I look at it like this, One person like pizza, one person hate pizza, does that mean pizza is bad or good to you, well it up to you to decide.

in WvW

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

Can’t golem guard the keeps too? Maybe when I lay, but we are doing the same thing, running from point to point, take them over and such, defend sometimes, other time attack.

also, it just a game, dont get stress out on a game, lol.

yeah it’s just a game but a game is supposed to be fun!!! this is not! and the Dev imposes their vision wich is totaly wrong….like in dongeons and dragons when the DM IMPOSES his fantasies his player won’t play his storye

in WvW

Posted by: Zolazie Grengche.3051

Zolazie Grengche.3051

I look at it like this, One person like pizza, one person hate pizza, does that mean pizza is bad or good to you, well it up to you to decide.

Really? roflmfao….
A good pizza joint will make the pizzas that the people want, they won’t try to sell pizza to non-pizza lovers.
Nothing you said makes sense. Grammar aside…..

Heing [foxy] Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

@hvaran they’ve somehow made a week of SFR/Kodash/Deso, even more boring than you’d usually expect, it’s a bit of an achievement.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I love that you knew this thread was directed at you

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

Hmmm, maybe they are trying to get new players into Wvw by having the event. It might not be the best event but it a start. Maybe the next event will be better received. I guess I just try to look at the postive side of things, and not dwell on the bad. Not saying i am right, just saying, it not stop me having fun in the borders.

in WvW

Gryph.8237

if this event brings new players, i don’t want to play with them hahahha, because if they want to sit in a golem all day and kitten on the karma train, they can go play mechwarrior, or just karma train in silverwastes. and to your pizza analogy, if you make pizza, make freaking pizza, but if you make a cake, and call it a pizza to get people to try pizza, it means you’re an idiot, and your logic is worth kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.5126

Devon.5126

Bought an account to post this.

Your Golem kitten is Small.. and poorly thought out. If you need help making a real one you can contact any VLK members.

#WeDidItBeforeFreeGolems

http://imgur.com/a/AwmcR

But on a serious note, dumbest event ever ANET.

INB4 4th banned account

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

This event is so divorced from what WvW is actually like, that if this is what gets people into WvW they will be gone when the event is as well. Because clearly if this is what they want, WvW is not their cup of tea.

in WvW

Posted by: Jake.5741

Jake.5741

This event has turned WvW into a giant K train…even worse than EOTM. This was not a well thought out event and only magnifies the server balance problem. Couple this with the numerous exploits / bugs involved with this event and it makes for the worst time I have experienced in WvW. The only thing I am happy about is that I will be going on vacation for the rest of the week and do not have to endure this poor attempt to shake things up…

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

Can’t golem guard the keeps too? Maybe when I lay, but we are doing the same thing, running from point to point, take them over and such, defend sometimes, other time attack.

also, it just a game, dont get stress out on a game, lol.

yeah it’s just a game but a game is supposed to be fun!!! this is not! and the Dev imposes their vision wich is totaly wrong….like in dongeons and dragons when the DM IMPOSES his fantasies his player won’t play his storye

But it a event, it not a permeate change, so it not imposing anything, it just something different for the week. I don’t know enough about D&D to say if that is right or wrong also.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The icebow bug I already knew, but in response to OP: How do you replicate the bug? I’ve tried several channeling skills to no avail.

It is not a bug, it a feature like other things that never cared to be fixed, it works well when only a few know about it even if it a reported one.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: jgak.3056

jgak.3056

So first off, I like to say that this golem event is nothing but a failure in mine and many other WvW player’s eyes. Alot of us like this game so much just because of WvW. There have been some quality changes, everyone who denies that is full of kitten. There have also been some changes that are still not present and asked for by the WvW community. Like the reward system which is ridiculous in correspondence to PvE with the rewards you get for mashing 1 at a “World boss” or dungeons that can be completed in less then a few minutes. I’m not here to talk about that. When you have a good quality of life change, like the culling, everybody always says “Why haven’t you done this earlier?” even though you spend hours upon hours upon weeks upon months trying to give us this fix. What makes me mad is that you’re spending recources on this Golem Event, time etc. But not spending these resources on making WvW better, WvW is a huge part of your game and you’re treating it like just another gimmick that has the lowest priority. There are tons of posts and videos by experienced WvW players, people who have spend thousands of hours into WvW, giving proposals on how to make WvW a better place. But no results. In addition to this, if you’re going to make an event like this, don’t let bugs and other things like that get through. You’re creating an even more negative view of ANet in the WvW community. Things like the overcharged golem on players which give them enormous damage. Someone should have noticed this if it was properly tested right? WvW shouldn’t be a play thingy that you can just start messing around with. Can you imagine doing something similar to PvE, something like “everyone’s power and precision is reduced by half, but gain double the condition damage and duration”, people would go mental. You don’t this because the biggest part of your community plays PvE and you care about PvE. If you don’t care about WvW, leave it alone don’t make it worse. If you do care, start spending recources wisely. I’d rather see the programmers work on HoT then see them ruining an awesome game mode.

This is just my view of things. I’m probably too oblivious to see the purpose of this event. But please ANet, if you complain about people not seeing the hours of work you put in to stuff, but then waste time on things like this, no bueno. English isn’t my first language, sorry my punctuation is a bit off sometimes and stuff like that. Sorry for the tough read.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Like bees to the honey. Like bees to the honey… : )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

briggah.7910

who the F buys golems with gold? I mean, badges are so stupidly numerous, with nothign to buy, because who needs double sets of stupid exotic gear. I have like 10k badges, and nothing to spend them on, and as I refuse to buy stupid golems, I will still have 10k badges at the end of this dumb kitten event.

Guess you don’t command or take stuff back when no commanders are around. I buy tons of siege with my badges. I probably have 1k badges left. Most of the siege I buy I turn into super siege. I don’t always command but always have siege on me and when I swap toons I swap my siege. I can go through 50+ super rams in maybe a day. Way more than that if I command.

Also I guess it depends on the tier you are in. I wish badges were stupidly numerous but you don’t get many badges when you don’t have many fights. I prefer fighting over everything else but sometimes there are little fights when people just run around trying to ninja cap stuff.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

So take the time to explain it to them then. they check out the event, they may stay after it over, if not, then nothing really change, but if it makes one new person interest in it, then hey, you get a new ally to fight with, or a new player to attack, lol.

in WvW

Posted by: garull.8956

garull.8956

Next event will be in Spvp.

- Trebs one shot people. They are unblockable and undodgeable.
- Svanir and Chieftain apply blindness that can’t be cleansed.
- Insert another game breaking mechanic that doesn’t affect PvE.

Decisive Gg [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Why not spend your badges on golems and sell them for gold this week? Then treat yourself to something real nice.