The "nerf" to epidemic

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

The only good part about this nerf was that now necros cannot epidemic off structures(not sure if this applies to lords as well if it doesnt, it should). The other nerf was now you can epidemic off targets who have resistance <— that right there, makes revenants even more important than they were before but then again I don’t really think it’s a nerf because resistant can be stripped and then followed up with a epidemic. The patch still didn’t solve these issues:

1) Conditions being spammed too consistently and in great amount especially with Deathly chill buff, which was “suppose to be PvE only buff” (I forgot WvWers love PvE).

2) Epidemic have a radius of 600 and 1200 range unblockable and it’s almost impossible to dodge the attack. The actual cooldown on epidemic is 20 seconds and you can trait corruptions in curses to get 13 seconds cooldown.
Let’s compare that to necromancer well bomb, necromancer wells have radius of 600 and 900 range unblockable but can be dodged. The actual cooldown on Well of corruption is 40 seconds and Well of suffering has a 35 seconds cooldown. You can trait for Wells in blood magic to get the cooldowns down to 32 seconds on corruption and 28 seconds on suffering.
The point is that necromancer power bomb from the Wells can be avoided by doing, has longer cooldowns and a smaller radius compared to epidemic. Epidemic has longer range, bigger radius, shorter cooldown, literally copies every single condition + the stacks and spreads them to 5 targets.

3) The biggest thing that bugs me and a lot of people is that conditions completely avoid toughness + the damage reduction, yes you have cleanses and resistance but resistance can easily be stripped and conditions and epidemic are spammed way too much that as a player you burn through cleanses

I still enjoy playing my power necro but when I drop my wells sometimes players dodge them but most the time the max crits on wells I see now days is 500 to a 2k tik, RARELY 3k crits or 4k because almost all the time half of my damage get mitigated because how much toughness heavy and vitality heavy builds people run in WvW.
Epidemic really doesn’t care about toughness or damage reduction at all like I see people die instantly because of epidemic.

4) Dire and trailblazer are really terrible stats for WvW. These stats are only good in PvE not in WvW and there is a reason those stats are banned PvP. Dire and Trailblazer are of A reason why ball meta exists. You can have 3k to 3.2k armor with 27k to 30k health and on top of that you can have like 25k shroud health. These stats literally just take the skill play out of the necro during group fights. Positioning really just doesnt matter on necromancer anymore because you can go full condi with epidemic because you will end up doing MORE DAMAGE AND SURVIVE WAY LONGER without having to worrying about positioning. It’s totally brain dead and literally makes bad players think they are good because they are being carried by their build not skills.
For necromancer power builds mainly consists of berserker/marauders/valkyrie a little bit of cavs in there or knight because these revenant hammers hurt like a mofo. Power builds are way more glassy and players have to be aware on their positioning at all times its not brain dead and it doesn’t support bad players like conditions builds.
Dire and trailblazers need to be banned and 2 new stats need to be released that will work like berserker. Berserker is Power Precision Ferocity and the new condition stats should be something like that for example Condition Damage Precision(since for some classes precision does effect condition damage) and there needs to be a third glassy stat.

In short conditions spamming and stacking needs to be controlled not just the epidemic nerf. Epidemic nerf is definitely needed. Light field cleansing condi was a good change but at the current state of the game it really does nothing. More and more players are leaving WvW/Game because Arena Net you are ignoring us and over opinions and suggestions on how to fix condition spamming / epidemic. Players dont enjoy brain dead condition meta THEY ARE BEING FORCED TO PLAY. People want hammer trains back or similar meta people want that power raw damage back open field back. OPEN FIELD IS DEAD ITS JUST BLOB AND IT’S BORING AND A LOT OF PLAYERS I KNOW ARE QUITING THE GAME BECAUSE OF THAT.

(edited by CrimeMaker.8612)

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

This post doesn’t make any sense. “Dire and trailblazer are really terrible stats for WvW. These stats are only good in PvE not in WvW and there is a reason those stats are banned PvP. Dire and Trailblazer are one A part of the reason why ball meta exists.” What the kitten i did just read? Anyways whiners whined enough and silly devs destroyed necro. Well started play occultist anyways.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

This post doesn’t make any sense. “Dire and trailblazer are really terrible stats for WvW. These stats are only good in PvE not in WvW and there is a reason those stats are banned PvP. Dire and Trailblazer are one A part of the reason why ball meta exists.” What the kitten i did just read? Anyways whiners whined enough and silly devs destroyed necro. Well started play occultist anyways.

fixed.

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

interesting change but its not going to change much. people not in the train will still be targeted, and insta downs will still occur.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

You are still going to have skilled condi gank squads, even ones that can counter resistance. This just prevents spamming epi on doors, siege and those with resistance.

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

it’s not so much that the Dire and Trailblazer need to be gotten rid of, but rather the way conditions are applied needs a tweak. In order to do serious condition damage, (and balance things) stats should be needed in at least 2 offensive stats. To do serious power damage you need A) Power, and B ) precision and or ferocity (most of the time both) but as things are now, to do serious condition damage all you need is, well, condition damage and from there go strait tank. I would suggest altering many of the condition applying skills to depend on critical chance. Example: take the automatic bleed,bleed,poison of necro scepter, readjust that to say 50%, 70%, 90% chance on crit to apply said condition (really rough example to just showcase the principle, have no idea what numbers would be appropriate) My point is, a full Soldiers (Ptv) hits like a wet noodle vs a full Dire (Ctv), there needs to be a necessity for being some type of squishy if you intend to do high damage of either type.

As far as Epidemic goes, the best method of balancing that would be either A) limit the number of stacks it can copy at once (it IS supposed to be a condi BOMB but getting 20+ burn or confusion stacks on you from one skill is…..obscene) which I would think the better way to go or B ) limit the number of conditions it can copy, not really preferred as I wouldn’t want my own epis to spread a bunch of cripple..

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

If you read his sentence again, it makes sense. Or are you one of those dire condi trappers running around? Because you seem triggered.

limit the number of conditions it can copy, not really preferred as I wouldn’t want my own epis to spread a bunch of cripple..

They already made that for ranger, the boonshare-heal between its pet and the player. Everything has a fixed duration and stacks. Shouldnt be so difficult to do the same with Necro and the condis.

(edited by Aury.1367)

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Again… this really won’t affect most of the players in WvW. How many groups have any of you ever seen running full rev resistance uptime? Only the top groups that roll over you all the time any way.

If anything this is a passive buff for warriors and zerker stance.

CCCP….

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Again… this really won’t affect most of the players in WvW. How many groups have any of you ever seen running full rev resistance uptime? Only the top groups that roll over you all the time any way.

If anything this is a passive buff for warriors and zerker stance.

That’s because epi is so powerful against the unorganised. But I don’t see why they should nerf it just because people are too lazy or casual to organise themselves to counter it.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

That’s because epi is so powerful against the unorganised. But I don’t see why they should nerf it just because people are too lazy or casual to organise themselves to counter it.

Highest potential DPS skill in the game that is unblockable, on a 13.5s timer and an AoE. The skill is ridiculous in the current condi heavy meta. I ran around last night firing CB/Epi with the occasional Plague and it is easily the most powerful combo I have run in a long time.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Packit.8576

Packit.8576

fair and balanced blast your light fields

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Highest potential DPS skill in the game that is unblockable, on a 13.5s timer and an AoE. The skill is ridiculous in the current condi heavy meta. I ran around last night firing CB/Epi with the occasional Plague and it is easily the most powerful combo I have run in a long time.

Sure you did. If you would try to use epidemic you would fail nine times of ten.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Sure you did. If you would try to use epidemic you would fail nine times of ten.

Cast epidemic…. and the target evaded. Cast epidemic… and the target has resistance. Cast epidemic… and the target condi cleansed. Cast epidemic… and target is obstructed.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Frost.5017

Frost.5017

Highest potential DPS skill in the game that is unblockable, on a 13.5s timer and an AoE. The skill is ridiculous in the current condi heavy meta.

imo, there isn’t a a high enough opportunity cost to attain very high boon and condi duration. This is a ‘condi heavy’ meta because its incredibly easy to apply loads of fairly long duration resistance from revs and so players have changed builds/strats to rely on near constant resistance uptime. If it wasn’t possible for a single rev to maintain perma resistance on 5 people I don’t think the wvw meta game would have evolved as it has – where no one cleanses condies (or at least not to a level anywhere remotely close to the active and coordinated condi cleanse in gvg groups in the past) and hence there are loads of juicy epi targets avaiable, with rev and warrior being the number 1 and 2 choice targets. Back when condi, including soft CC, mattered in wvw gameplay measures where taken to manage and actively cleanse not just ignore your condi bar because ‘resistance has got it covered’. An sign of just how little condies matter due to resistance uptime is that Purging Flames, a skill that both clears condies in an aoe and applies a passive incoming condi duration buff is not used for condi managment but instead used offensively to spike up burn stacks for epi bombs.

On the flip side the ‘power meta’ has been gutted out pretty hard. Soft CC has been near erased from impact on gameplay due to not only resistance, but also HoT handed out passive movement speed and passive soft cc duration reduction as well. Additionally, HoT broke two core philosophies from the original game: no healbots and diminish returns are baked into toughness stacking (i.e. diminishing returns on direct damage reduction). There are loads of examples here but one standout example is designing a skill like Rite of the Great Dwarf. A 50% damage reduction to not only the rev caster but allies in a massive AoE and that lasts as long as most ground target skills that ‘pulse’ is absolutely baffling. The only downside is that newer or less experienced players may be stuck on a legend swap cooldown and not have it available which is a very weak (the weakest imo) downside to a skill possible: new players might not use this as effectively as they could.

Anyway, thought experiment here: what if mallyx rev was deleted or reworked? The ‘reworked how?’ detail(s) are irrelevant; for the sake of discussion imagine revs weren’t continuously hemorrhaging long duration aoe resistance. What would you build/play? What do you imagine the wvw meta game would look like?

The "nerf" to epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Cast epidemic…. and the target evaded. Cast epidemic… and the target has resistance. Cast epidemic… and the target condi cleansed. Cast epidemic… and target is obstructed.

^^ This…. so much This.

That and casting epi on siege was one of the great ways to assault and clear over sieged towers/keeps. I would say there is way to much kitten siege in this game and that should be nerfed before epi. <grumbles> Get those kitten siege humpers to come out and fight.