Thief Rage

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: CLICKS.5986

CLICKS.5986

I am not saying its ALL they can do. Also not saying that this is what ALL thiefs do. But roamers that just gank people trying to regroup is so incredibly frustrating and does nothing for WvW except give them a quick way to get badges. Yes ele can do it to but not as easily because if a thief is going to lose he just stealths and walk off. Therefore surviving him does nothing for me. Only him when he wins. There has to be better ways to make thieves less bursty and more viable in other ways. I am aware at the last game state they talked about this but why was no nerf mentioned. If I run over 2.5k defense I shouldn’t be able to be taken down in less than 20 seconds including my heal. Its ridiculous.

(edited by Moderator)

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Lol CLICK. I ran a staff ele, full berserk, with no defense at all against thieves. One tried to kill me, I stunned him, and we killed him. Cya thief. Seriously if you can’t handle a thief, L2p.

Ah yeah, to add, every class has a way to protect against thief. Judging from your armour you’re a warrior or guardian, so you have plenty…

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

Apparently they do something for WvW – cutting of reinforcements. Anyway, it’s a l2p issue; I have no problems fighting thiefs as a necromancer.

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Sentaul.2138

Sentaul.2138

I have no problem getting destroyed instantly by any other class in WvW that has just one CC ability playing as a thief. Honestly from my perspective the only benefit of being a thief in WvW is that I can sneak past people to get to all of the jumping puzzles.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Ariames.5108

Ariames.5108

Thiefs are heavily nerfed, stop crying wauw..

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This is not a L2P issue, its a flaw in the game design.Also,not every class is able to counter a thief just a good as an ele,mesmer can,it also depends on your build..so telling to roll an entire build just for one class already shows whats wrong with thief,since you wouldnt have to rework an entire build just for a thief.When you get hit 2x,he spamms blind,evades hops in the distance,stealths,full hp..Rinse repeat rinse repeat..,by that time you missed most of your attacks,try to even pin him down..you know they just run when their hp even starts to drop a bit.Not saying theyre all like this,but you can do some pretty stupid things with thiefs without having to worry about a thing,to much ways to escape and constantly regain hp while doing so.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

lawl, your 2.5k defense is lower than my thiefs. Get some toughness in your gear.

“I shouldn’t be able to be taken down in less than 20 seconds including my heal.”

a thief shouldn’t be able to survive a 20 second confrontation. If it goes that long he should be dead. l2p

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

Err, killing stragglers is a valid and excellent tactic. Especially during big fights, when people are respawning to rejoin, and you get to kill them like lemmings as they trickle one by one.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Sentaul.2138

Sentaul.2138

This is the thing. Thieves are great in 1v1s and soloing in PvE, but honestly in a group fight they’re kind of useless. That is the balancing point for them. Good at single target, terrible in multi-target fights. You’re complaining that a thief killed you as you were trying to regroup, which I assume means you were running back by yourself. Solution? Wait for some other people and travel as a group. You can’t complain something is OP because they excel in one circumstance.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Err, killing stragglers is a valid and excellent tactic. Especially during big fights, when people are respawning to rejoin, and you get to kill them like lemmings as they trickle one by one.

This too. The thief is actually doing you a favor in this case. You shouldn’t be running into a situation like defending a keep solo. You need to group up and work as a team. Honestly he probably saved you some time killing you before you could get back to the defensive position where you would have been killed anyways.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

The Thief burst is fine, and 1400 toughness is enough defense for most things, it’s just that the Thief can get some very high critical hits. I have over 1500 toughness on my Ranger, and I still get the occasional 4k hit, from just Cloak and Dagger. The real problem is the Thief’s ability to repetitively apply stealth, as it means there’s very little drawback to running as a glass cannon. Removing culling made it easier to down a Thief, but the 4 seconds reveal changed nothing, as Thieves have quickly learned to adapt. I would love to see stealth removed from all weapon sets, and be replaced with more boons like stability or aegis, leaving stealth to be applied with healing, utility, and steal skills. But that’s not going to happen..

Killing stranglers is a fair tactic. As long as you are out on the battlefield, anything is fair. When it comes to a Thief, the trick is to damage him enough so that he runs away, and then use that time to run away yourself. You should never ignore the Thief and just run away, as the Thief will deal a lot more damage to you with your back turned. Bottom line is; know when to fight, and when to run away.

This is the thing. Thieves are great in 1v1s and soloing in PvE, but honestly in a group fight they’re kind of useless. That is the balancing point for them. Good at single target, terrible in multi-target fights. You’re complaining that a thief killed you as you were trying to regroup, which I assume means you were running back by yourself. Solution? Wait for some other people and travel as a group. You can’t complain something is OP because they excel in one circumstance.

That’s a common misconception. The Thief shortbow is one of the best AoE weapons in the game. The Thief can use AoE stealth to great effect, for either protecting dolyaks, golems, or a small group of players. Stealth also makes the Thief the best profession at reviving. Next to that they can share venom effects, or give swiftness, might, and fury to allies when stealing, with Thrill of the Crime. And they are the best roamer profession, making them ideal scouts.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: SNEEKI.4693

SNEEKI.4693

This is the thing. Thieves are great in 1v1s and soloing in PvE, but honestly in a group fight they’re kind of useless. That is the balancing point for them. Good at single target, terrible in multi-target fights.

Berzerker thief’s maybe useless in a big group fight ,but a decent WvW specced thief can be Very beneficial to his team ,Dagger storm ,Traps and Caltrops can severely cripple and slow the enemy

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Thieves are weak, I kill them 1 on1 just fine, it just takes awhile sometimes. In fact, today I even had Yishis run from my guardian.
/pro

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: buttski.6135

buttski.6135

when will you sh**n**bs finally stop whining…

A day without blood is a day without sunshine.
Desolation

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: snowaugar.1823

snowaugar.1823

when will you sh**n**bs finally stop whining…

Umad?

Thief Rage

in WvW

Truga.5897

And they are the best roamer profession, making them ideal scouts.

I really don’t get why people rarely realise this. Having a permastealth build with lots of toughness and vitality is the best possible build in WvW, because it means you can spy on any and everyone, and will probably not get downed by the first necro mark or meteor storm. Having one thief shadow every enemy group that’s decently sized would be such a gigantic advantage in WvW, yet I rarely see people do it. I expect thieves to camp dolyaks, kill stragglers, and, most improtantly, provide intel on enemy movements.

When you have near-instant intel on what your enemy is doing, you can fight every fight at a chokepoint, gank and sandwich zergs even when fighting outnumbered 2:1 and so on.

Of course, just scouting like this will not get you badges. Which is something that needs to be fixed. Currently playing support in WvW means you lose out on most of the reward, whether it’s playing a combo field staff ele, refreshing siege or just scouting about. If this gets fixed, I expect a lot more thieves doing the useful jobs, rather than ganking solo people who are just running towards a mithril node.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

If I run over 2.5k defense I shouldn’t be able to be taken down in less than 20 seconds including my heal. Its ridiculous.

I totaly agree, if i run with my PTV set, 3600 defence , 27000 hp i should survive at least 10 minutes, against an thief, even if i af,k

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

If I run over 2.5k defense I shouldn’t be able to be taken down in less than 20 seconds including my heal. Its ridiculous.

I totaly agree, if i run with my PTV set, 3600 defence , 27000 hp i should survive at least 10 minutes, against an thief, even if i af,k

Go back to WoW. Guild Wars isn’t a face tanking game.

The thieves job in WvW is all about ganking and harrassing reinforcements. Don’t be such a cry baby and learn to fight back.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Thief Rage

in WvW

Rayya.2591

The Thief burst is fine, and 1400 toughness is enough defense for most things, it’s just that the Thief can get some very high critical hits. I have over 1500 toughness on my Ranger, and I still get the occasional 4k hit, from just Cloak and Dagger. The real problem is the Thief’s ability to repetitively apply stealth, as it means there’s very little drawback to running as a glass cannon. Removing culling made it easier to down a Thief, but the 4 seconds reveal changed nothing, as Thieves have quickly learned to adapt. I would love to see stealth removed from all weapon sets, and be replaced with more boons like stability or aegis, leaving stealth to be applied with healing, utility, and steal skills. But that’s not going to happen..

this is an awsome ideea, however some thieves skills would need re-work (like backstab -hit only from stealth )

no.1 WvW kills

Thief Rage

in WvW

wish.1027

You’re so weak man, I got 4500 armor and 67,000 HP on my thief, and stealth, and I one shot everything from my perma stealth. I dont even have to reapply my stealths, it just happens, and all this while a chorus of Catholic schoolgirls sings Ramones songs in the background.
Get on my level bro.

Math is your friend.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Rayya.2591

The thieves job in WvW is all about ganking and harrassing reinforcements. Don’t be such a cry baby and learn to fight back.

not everybody played WoW with you in the kindergarden sir, i never played that game, however if i will need advices from you i will visit you in the kindergarden.

no.1 WvW kills

Thief Rage

in WvW

Rayya.2591

You’re so weak man, I got 4500 armor and 67,000 HP on my thief, and stealth, and I one shot everything from my perma stealth. I dont even have to reapply my stealths, it just happens, and all this while a chorus of Catholic schoolgirls sings Ramones songs in the background.
Get on my level bro.

Been there, Done that
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1c.0.e.1c.0|2.1c.0|1c.7m.1c.7m.1c.7m.1c.7m.1c.7m.1c.7m|21j.0.2u.0.31j.0.21j.0.31j.0.2v.0|a3.0.u090.u000.0|3t.0|0.0.0.0.0|e
You ?
Sorry , 3800 defence, 15 min, i should survive:(

no.1 WvW kills

(edited by Rayya.2591)

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

not everybody played WoW with you in the kindergarden sir, i never played that game, however if i will need advices from you i will visit you in the kindergarden.

Right. Well then go back to the whatever game where you can just apparently just sit and win.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Thief Rage

in WvW

Rayya.2591

Right. Well then go back to the whatever game where you can just apparently just sit and win.

i don’t have to go , i sit near my balista , 1 vs 1 ?

no.1 WvW kills

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

this is an awsome ideea, however some thieves skills would need re-work (like backstab -hit only from stealth )

Backstab wouldn’t need a change, as utility skills already provide enough stealth, together with Hide in Shadows. Of curse some skills would need to have their recharge time reduced, like Blinding Powder going from a 40 seconds recharge time to 30 seconds, and (the new) ‘Cloak and Dagger’ and Black Powder going from 6 initiative to 4 initiative. Next to that, the overall weapon damage would need a buff as well. But that’s really about it.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Thief Rage

in WvW

wish.1027

Get on my level bro.

Been there, Done that
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1c.0.e.1c.0|2.1c.0|1c.7m.1c.7m.1c.7m.1c.7m.1c.7m.1c.7m|21j.0.2u.0.31j.0.21j.0.31j.0.2v.0|a3.0.u090.u000.0|0.0|0.0.0.0.0|e
You ?

Man that aint nothin, I dual wield greatswords and drop 200 blades like a boss on some scrub thief in my care bears jammies with a sippy cup for the lulz.
u mad bro? Im like original Conan up in this isht

Attachments:

Math is your friend.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I dont know why people rage that much on thiefs :/.
IMO it is notmal do die on a 1vs1 to a thief, thats their role and thats why they have the ability to reset combat, now on a 3vs3 lets say 3 guardians vs 3 thiefs guardian group will win no matter what thiefs do, if otherwise guardians are doing something wrong.

I still do 4-8k+ damage on my thief to guardians and wammos and more to light armors, i dont see the problem with thiefs being nerfed atm and i rarely need to reset combat, used scorpion wire to drag opponents into a overextended situation.

On the guardian since my build is more defensive than atacking (arround 21k health with 2200-2400 toughness ) i can be shatered by thiefs in ~3-5 seconds its normal here, while on goup playing its its the other way.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

But roamers that just gank people trying to regroup is so incredibly frustrating and does nothing for WvW except give them a quick way to get badges.

How is cutting off reinforcements / delaying a zerg from regrouping “doing nothing for WvW?”

Do you just want a direct teleport to the commander of your choice?

[AoN] All or Nothing

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Awwww, is someone upset that he couldn’t make it back to the safety of his zergball?

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Thiefs are the ultimate troll class.

Is anyone really surprised by the answers we have seen in regards to the balance issues of the thief class.

In the end of the day, the games I stayed around and enjoyed are the games that gave counters to abilities to cancel them out, thus everyone needed to learn to play, no one got easy buttons like the thief is for GW2. This is that thing called “Balance” yes, I get that no one really comprehends what this means when it used in regards to the class they feel affinity with.

The truth is, Thiefs are OPed, as no other class in GW2 gets as much consideration to “Build against” then a thief.

I guess some players don’t have the skill needed to deal with balanced match ups and classes, so they need classes like the thief to exist for them to have fun which is why Anet puts them in, after all a munchkins money is as good anyone else.

Such is my feelings on this.

Anyway, back to the zerg after all, Sirendor summed it up how to deal with a thief.

One tried to kill me, I stunned him, and we killed him. Cya thief. Seriously if you can’t handle a thief, L2p.

“We” killed him. LOL.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

If I run over 2.5k defense I shouldn’t be able to be taken down in less than 20 seconds including my heal.

Uhhh…… good luck with that.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Truga.5897

In the end of the day, the games I stayed around and enjoyed are the games that gave counters to abilities to cancel them out, thus everyone needed to learn to play, no one got easy buttons like the thief is for GW2.

AoEs cancel thieves. Everyone needs to learn to play.

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Thiefs are the ultimate troll class.

“We” killed him. LOL.[/quote]

This is perhaps the longest post I’ve seen where someone has claimed X is OP, multiple times, but didn’t once specify exactly how or why X is OP.

Well done, sir.

[AoN] All or Nothing

Thief Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Since this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.