This season rewards timer!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Mixistrike.7840

Mixistrike.7840

Guys, remove this claim rewards just after the reset and put the rewards after the season.

Lots of people lost the rewards already!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

what do you mean, just after reset? you have the whole week to claim your rewards for week 3.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Mixistrike.7840

The question is, email with rewards is always the best choice, lots of ppl participate but didn’t notice they should go claim that reward.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The question is, email with rewards is always the best choice, lots of ppl participate but didn’t notice they should go claim that reward.

But they did received plenty of warnings… From the annoucement of the season to a mail in-game. People can’t blame Anet for not paying attention.

The only players i do have some sympathy are the ones that for some reason couldn’t participate for an entire week and have no chance of receiving the title reward.

Other than that, it’s just pure QQ.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Mixistrike.7840

nobody is blame anyone. but rewards like that, should send for emails. I came here, I play the game, have fun, and no rewards because I just didn’t go to the npc. just sux and easy to fix. that’s all.

if you want to compare, if I kill a boss I receive a chest, If I kill a world boss I can see a big chest, If I came and play wxw like this one, I didn’t receive anything when there is rewards do receive.

in WvW

Posted by: Dejara.7064

Dejara.7064

The only players i do have some sympathy are the ones that for some reason couldn’t participate for an entire week and have no chance of receiving the title reward.

That would be me (sorta). I actually got 3 of the 5 achievements for week 1 before the clock ran out.

All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

nobody is blame anyone. but rewards like that, should send for emails. I came here, I play the game, have fun, and no rewards because I just didn’t go to the npc. just sux and easy to fix. that’s all.

if you want to compare, if I kill a boss I receive a chest, If I kill a world boss I can see a big chest, If I came and play wxw like this one, I didn’t receive anything when there is rewards do receive.

You’re kind of shooting your comparison in the foot there – you kill a world boss you see a big chest; you sign in to WvW and you see the historian. In both cases, you have to go over and interact with them to get your reward.

People who are upset that they have to go talk to someone that’s right in front of them when they sign in to WvW once during the week to get their rewards… how much hand holding do people need?

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Mixistrike.7840

yeah guys, never mind. You must be right, everyone goes to the wxw, check out the npc’s name, click on them and check what they are saying. This is the normal way to play MMOs. Thank you guys for the discussion.

in WvW

Posted by: bradldz.3728

bradldz.3728

I’m guessing you don’t remember season 1 then….. It is no one’s fault if you cannot read your own mail when you open it, it clearly states rewards will be forfeited if not claimed by the end of the week.

The reason for that is that we get weekly rewards instead of for the whole tournament, which works much better because everyone ends up with more tickets by the end, and the tournament is much shorter this time. Even if you lose every single week that gives you 400 tickets, which lets you afford one mystforged weapon. Much better system.

Everyone is familiar with battle hystorian since last season and knows where it is, and you walk past him all the time so I don’t see how it’s an issue. You walk to the trading post to pick up your gold don’t you, no one expects it to be mailed to them.

I only feel sorry for the people that are not able to log in for a whole week for some reason, the only option being giving your details to someone, just remember it might be a good idea to temporarily change your password while youre doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: The Demacian.3165

The Demacian.3165

I missed week two as well. Huge bummer, because my server was in 3rd place week 1, 1st place week 2, and 2nd place week 3. So for those doing the math that means I’ve missed on 200 tickets, and have claimed 250, all because I forgot to swing by the historian during that week.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

aka Darwin Award

in WvW

Mixistrike.7840

aka Darwin Award

aka Dunning–Kruger effect

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I missed mine as I couldn’t be bothered to log in for a week. It got too boring logging in, grind the daily, same old maps.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

If you want to compare, it’s like killing a world boss and standing in front of the chest for 1 hour without looting it then complain you missed it.

in WvW

Mixistrike.7840

If you want to compare, it’s like killing a world boss and standing in front of the chest for 1 hour without looting it then complain you missed it.

yeah, is the same.

BIG CHEST ON THE MAP
npc that who see is because knows he is there.

But, I already said.

yeah guys, never mind. You must be right, everyone goes to the wxw, check out the npc’s name, click on them and check what they are saying. This is the normal way to play MMOs. Thank you guys for the discussion.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I think it was an entirely arbitrary and silly decision to make. Why make them expire? What’s the point? Also, it causes issues of its own, in that every reset night since the end of week 1 all the PvE players pour into our Borderlands to get their tickets/shiny skin and then will often idle there in indecision or until they time out.

The last 2 resets left us with (for us) large queues on the BL where only a fraction of the people in the map were actually there to fight. 30-40 people just standing in front of the battle historian. It’s insanely stupid.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I think it was an entirely arbitrary and silly decision to make. Why make them expire? What’s the point? Also, it causes issues of its own, in that every reset night since the end of week 1 all the PvE players pour into our Borderlands to get their tickets/shiny skin and then will often idle there in indecision or until they time out.

I would assume they expire simply because the system can’t save multiple different amounts of rewards at the same time.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

That’s probably correct, but it’s not like they don’t have full control over the source of their game engine, server backend, and database functionality. It doesn’t change the fact that was an arbitrary and silly decision, because it was within their full control to modify the “system” so that it does whatever they want it to. Laziness doesn’t excuse it.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

But what makes you so sure it would be possible to modify the system in a good and easy way?

Spending weeks or months doing something because some people are too lazy to read a short mail is usually not a good thing. Especially not when there are actual issues that needs to be fixed.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

maybe you should actually read your mails before you delete them

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Who actually cares about there one chest a week?
Don’t tell me people have been wvwing for that chest instead of for fun.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Who actually cares about there one chest a week?
Don’t tell me people have been wvwing for that chest instead of for fun.

You don’t really need to WvW for the chests since you only need to do 5 events which take 10 mins at best…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Mixistrike.7840

and there is another problem, lots of ppl just don’t speak another language, even if english is the most popular language in the planet. and I CAN tell you, every game could be played without understand whats going on around you.

But aka Dunning–Kruger effect.

I’m done with this post.

have fun!

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

But they did received plenty of warnings… From the annoucement of the season to a mail in-game. People can’t blame Anet for not paying attention.

No, but people can still complain it’s a stupid way to gain rewards. I don’t know about when you are on, but my experience is that there aren’t that many quiet moments on ET where I hang out at spawn and think about the NPCs there and chat with them (other than to repair my armor when the Outnumbered buff isn’t up) so, yeah, I forgot about it. Fortunately, someone on ET sent out a reminder for the second week just before reset. Unfortunately, about 20 people and a commander decided to cluster around the NPC at spawn and GW2 wouldn’t let me switch maps to try to find them on another map so I couldn’t find them until after the reset.

Is there some game value to making players collect their reward from an NPC for a limited time, some game reality logic behind it (Do they have a sell-by date in game?), or some value in punishing players for forgetting to find and talk to an NPC or they don’t get rewards they’d otherwise be entitled to? Or is watching other players get frustrated and upset the juice that makes MMOs go. GW2 is the first MMO I’ve ever played, and the amount of enjoyment people seem to get out of other people’s lack of enjoyment and frustration really amazes me sometimes.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

But what makes you so sure it would be possible to modify the system in a good and easy way?

Spending weeks or months doing something because some people are too lazy to read a short mail is usually not a good thing. Especially not when there are actual issues that needs to be fixed.

Given Anet’s track record, you’re right, it likely would take them weeks or months or possibly years to implement something into their backend that’s as silly as a reward tracker. I mean, it took them a year to make a commander tag palette swap, a new trick, and a new line of ability mastery.

You’re right. I wouldn’t trust them to implement anything that would actually work properly as far as I could throw them.

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

The argument that the players should have read the notices and taken action before the deadline reminds me of this:

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

No, but people can still complain it’s a stupid way to gain rewards. I don’t know about when you are on, but my experience is that there aren’t that many quiet moments on ET where I hang out at spawn and think about the NPCs there and chat with them (other than to repair my armor when the Outnumbered buff isn’t up) so, yeah, I forgot about it. Fortunately, someone on ET sent out a reminder for the second week just before reset. Unfortunately, about 20 people and a commander decided to cluster around the NPC at spawn and GW2 wouldn’t let me switch maps to try to find them on another map so I couldn’t find them until after the reset.

Is there some game value to making players collect their reward from an NPC for a limited time, some game reality logic behind it (Do they have a sell-by date in game?), or some value in punishing players for forgetting to find and talk to an NPC or they don’t get rewards they’d otherwise be entitled to? Or is watching other players get frustrated and upset the juice that makes MMOs go. GW2 is the first MMO I’ve ever played, and the amount of enjoyment people seem to get out of other people’s lack of enjoyment and frustration really amazes me sometimes.

And that’s the thing to me.

I think it’s stupid. And just because they told me that they were going to do a stupid thing, it doesn’t change the fact that I think it’s stupid.

I have all my tickets, but I don’t like that other people may have done work and not got their due reward just because of having to go out of their way.

And I’m still getting questions in game from people on where to find the Battle Historian. I tell them to go to an enemy borderland, because it’s placed right in front— EB and my own border I still haven’t bothered to locate. :p

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Baldrick.8967

Or they could have done the simple way: the email telling you you have got a reward..contains the reward! then you can wonder over to the NPC at your leisure to browse what you can get. Can’t delete the mail before accepting the reward.

That would seem the simple way to do it. Instead they go and add bells and whistles to it, screwing it up in the process…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: bradldz.3728

bradldz.3728

Or they could have done the simple way: the email telling you you have got a reward..contains the reward! then you can wonder over to the NPC at your leisure to browse what you can get. Can’t delete the mail before accepting the reward.

That would seem the simple way to do it. Instead they go and add bells and whistles to it, screwing it up in the process…

Season 1 says hi.

in WvW

Baldrick.8967

Season 1 says hi.

Ahh, I knew I had seen it somewhere…

in WvW

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

That would be me (sorta). I actually got 3 of the 5 achievements for week 1 before the clock ran out.

This would be me too. Not crying over it but I was a little confused in the panel when it shows four completions but counts only the three. It was my fault for not being able to attend earlier in the week to finish that first week’s achievement. Maybe next time.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

and there is another problem, lots of ppl just don’t speak another language, even if english is the most popular language in the planet. and I CAN tell you, every game could be played without understand whats going on around you.

But aka Dunning–Kruger effect.

I’m done with this post.

have fun!

Well, you clearly read english just fine and yet you still ignored the instructions that so many people, including ones that are probably of lower intelligence than you, managed to follow. All of the information you needed was available and practically shoved into your face, and you had a week to take sixty seconds to go and retrieve your reward.

If, despite all of that, you didn’t bother or forgot or whatever… then too bad. You haven’t done it for all four matches, so you still get some of your reward and you’ve learned something. As a result, you’re now a more enlighted corporeal entity. Ommmmmmmmm.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Besides the ones that for some reason couldn’t log in GW2 during the week or weeks of the tournament, I can honestly say that I don’t understand why people are complaining.

I have to ask, those that are complaining, participated of seasons 1 and 2 as well? Because if you did, would remember the problem players had with the rewards and especially the tickets for season 2. A couple of weeks before this tourney and people still hadn’t received their rewards.

Anet didn’t find a way to fix the problem, hence why they gave every player 300 tickets for season 2. I am pretty sure they didn’t want the same issue to happen again, reason why players have to claim weekly for their tickets instead of having them delivered to us in a chest.

Someone said something about world bosses but remember that they give fixed loot while WvW is dynamic, it depends on your personal contribution plus the server weekly score.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle