Time to adress bannering of dead NPC's?

in WvW

Posted by: StanleyJohny.8047

StanleyJohny.8047

I dont see whats the problem with a 20/50min fight to cap a garri

I didnt said it is a problem ^^ Also like it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tactu.4867

Tactu.4867

Now i know this will upset the warrior community, but

why do warriors get to resurrect the dead npc and not necros ?

I mean , come on , necromancers are the ones that play with this stuff. Reanimating things and resurrecting dead things . They should be the only ones allowed to do it .

(i don’t play neither of necro/warrior class)

SFR – lvl 80 Ornamentalist

in WvW

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

Necros have Signet of Undeath, but I don’t know if it can res a fully dead NPC, I do know they get downed ppl up. That is for sure.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

I mean , come on , necromancers are the ones that play with this stuff. Reanimating things and resurrecting dead things . They should be the only ones allowed to do it .

Me, as a warrior, am more upset about the fact that it feels like half of the player base don’t realize that banner is not the only skill that can revive dead NPC’s. It is the most visible of the revivals, so I suppose that is the reason we get pretty much all the blame.

Here is a list of all the revive skills in the game that can revive dead NPC’s
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival#Related_skills

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

I know devon made a comment on the change, but i know prior to this comment, one was made by developers about how they saw this ability to constantly banner rez a lord as an interesting side effect and made the battles more interesting. This was maybe right before season 1 or just after season 1.

Either way i dont care. It does however get annoying after the 5th+ time when you are 1 tick away from capping… for the 5th time. Lol

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Billaboong.6821

Billaboong.6821

Posting while in the middle of an endless fight on Drakkar Lake Garrison. Please change this, it’s the 100th warbanner they throw and we’ve been here for 1 hour. Still look like a looong fight

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Since someone bannered the thread, I had a discussion with a wvw acquaintance about this, and we came to the conclusion that it is on a very long cooldown, because it is an elite, but the buffs it gives IN ADDITION to reviving the lord and other NPCs will definitely sway the fight in service of the defenders of a tower, keep, etc.

The mechanic, however, is such that you must in most cases manually revive NPCs, which is a legitimate tactic for defense, and revival skills just happen to do this instantly in most cases.

I think this is one of the reasons that Warrior take so much heat for it, due to their overwhelming population in wvw, their stability, and their ability to run this as an elite, leaving themselves with a full bar of skills and a warbanner that is out of the way in case a fight goes south.

Our one issue was the might and fury granted for a considerable length of time that is cumulative with other boons, so when 2 banners go down, 6 stacks of might and perma fury, by the time you get to 3, which is common in big fights as the linked video shows, everyone in the radius has 9 stacks of might and perma fury, which is in addition to other people stacking buffs… or if the bannering warrior is a phalanx build… well…

It’s just too good of a skill, when you could have a special buff that wouldn’t stack, like 75 power, 75 precision every 5 seconds for 5 seconds, and then multiple banners would only rez and not rez and buff. This would be a bit of a nerf, but allow attackers the chance to not go up against increasingly stronger opponents, which trying to down the NPC for the 5th or 10th time.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Easy concept: Death penalty. Done.

in WvW

Posted by: xformulax.5462

xformulax.5462

agreed, harsh DP on lord (timered), or just put 5 min cd buff on lords, after 1st res.

I kind of like the “res the lord” strategy (when used occasionally, not to ensure long hour+ fights), so I’d prefer a death penalty, that way you can still have good fights with maybe up to 3-5 res in competitive scenarios.

in WvW

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

A cooldown on how often the Lord can be rezzed by skills like Banner, Search & Rescue, etc. seems fair to me.

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I dont see whats the problem with a 20/50min fight to cap a garri

I didnt said it is a problem ^^ Also like it.

I wouldn’t mind it either if it was actually an epic Siege battle like you might imagine.

But it’s not. It’s a “battle” around a single, unbalanced mechanic.

It’s not ok.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

The Ele glyph “Glyph of Renewal” has been pretty fun to use imo, pop armor of earth and get the lord up, then mist form outta dodge, drop a CC or two behind me and heal up

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Me, as a warrior, am more upset about the fact that it feels like half of the player base don’t realize that banner is not the only skill that can revive dead NPC’s. It is the most visible of the revivals, so I suppose that is the reason we get pretty much all the blame.

Here is a list of all the revive skills in the game that can revive dead NPC’s
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival#Related_skills

Search & Rescue used to work on full dead NPCs…doesn’t work anymore, they changed that. But then again it does seem that Anet hates rangers.