Time to fix waypoint bug.

in WvW

Posted by: CarlJunior.7832

CarlJunior.7832

It has been going on long enough guys everyone is tired of getting ported out of queue’d maps. Holidays are over time to do some work.

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

This is problem that has been rampant and brought up with no response. I made a reddit post that got some leeway but no response. https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5nva9p/when_will_anet_acknowledgefix_the_waypoint/

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I think you guys assume they know how to correct the issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

It’s something you expect from professionals.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Programming on such large projects is not this easy. Its not as simple as “WPs are functioning wrong, time to flip that bug switch to off and make players happy!”

But by all means if it is so easy go ahead and submit the fix to ANet through a ticket. I’m sure they would love to have a well thought out, working, bug free fix to this issue that is compatible with their codebase.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Programming on such large projects is not this easy. Its not as simple as “WPs are functioning wrong, time to flip that bug switch to off and make players happy!”

But by all means if it is so easy go ahead and submit the fix to ANet through a ticket. I’m sure they would love to have a well thought out, working, bug free fix to this issue that is compatible with their codebase.

In other words do their job lol

in WvW

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

You never know…during my DAOC playing time, I often saw problems that seemed hard to code in day or two…then again, problems that they said are “impossible” to fix, they fixed anyway, after few years.

One interesting fact I noticed is that problems affecting their cash flow were usually fixed fast, while others waited for a long time.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

You never know…during my DAOC playing time, I often saw problems that seemed hard to code in day or two…then again, problems that they said are “impossible” to fix, they fixed anyway, after few years.

One interesting fact I noticed is that problems affecting their cash flow were usually fixed fast, while others waited for a long time.

Someone said it best in wvw map chat. “EAnet, it’s in the gemstore”. Though I can’t blame them, gotta make money.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Never said it is easy. But its their job, i got my own.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Exactly. It’s cliche to say “then you do it” and not hold individuals who are suppose to be performing accountable.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Exactly. It’s cliche to say “then you do it” and not hold individuals who are suppose to be performing accountable.

I’m not “not holding ANet accountable”, but it kittenes me off when people tell developers to “just fix it”. This shows that they clearly have less than 0 knowledge about how programming works, and is just asinine on their part. If it was as easy as “just fix it” then it would have been done already. And since he clearly thinks its so easy when Anet has shown that its not easy to fix by not fixing it, then he should take the burden up of fixing it. because clearly, according to him, he knows how to program better than ANet. So he should help them with their game

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Ori, here’s the thing. They wrote it. It’s broken. It’s their responsibility to fix it. The more probable reason it isn’t fixed yet is that it hasn’t been assigned to anyone’s work queue or it’s rated very low on the list of ‘to do’. My own opinion is that there is no one assigned to wvw, although Anet sometimes tell us there is a ‘wvw team’ there is zero evidence of that. Hence anything wvw related that doesn’t impact on the cash shop sales will be way down the other dev’s queue.

No one said it would be easy.

But if I left issues like this in my own work I’d very quickly be out of work and be reaching for my PI cover.

Hence why people have an expectation that bugs will be fixed. Having no information flow out of Anet on wvw issues doesn’t help in managing the issue either.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I’m not “not holding ANet accountable”, but it kittenes me off when people tell developers to “just fix it”. This shows that they clearly have less than 0 knowledge about how programming works, and is just asinine on their part. If it was as easy as “just fix it” then it would have been done already. And since he clearly thinks its so easy when Anet has shown that its not easy to fix by not fixing it, then he should take the burden up of fixing it. because clearly, according to him, he knows how to program better than ANet. So he should help them with their game

I get the feeling you interpret words the way you want in addition to jumping to conclusions