To all roaming thieves

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Are the guys claiming that the rendering issue has been fixed trolling, or do they just not spend much time in WvW? I guess all those pistol volley’s and backstabs coming out of thin air for a full 3 seconds before rendering were just in my imagination huh? I guess they were really rendering on the screen, but my eyes just aren’t l33t enough.

I don’t think thieves are nearly as OP as some people claim, but don’t try and claim the rendering isn’t still a problem.

stealth is broken when damage is done.
You can see bullets coming and evade/block them and thief will not render.
This is not a render issue it is how it works.
Ppl complaining against thieves are just ppl that don’t know how the class works and they prefer to come here and QQ instead of L2P.
Here the anti-thief guide:

1. log into the game
  2. roll a thief
  3. use it

Now you are able to counter thieves with the profession you prefer.

I have a thief, and I know perfectly well how the revealed debuff works. The problem isn’t “L2P”, I know very well where the thief is, because as you say, animations are happening, so even if I can’t see the thief I can follow where his attacks are coming from. That bit isn’t the problem.

The problem is that I still don’t have anything to target. Sure I can fling AoE and auto-attack in the area where the attack animations are coming from, but some attacks require a target, and by target I mean the game recognising that there is something there for the attack to trigger on. Even if you know where the thief is, some attacks just will not work if the game client doesn’t know the thief is there. That is the problem.

Like I said, I have a thief, and I know perfectly well how to counter them, so drop the L2P bullkitten. That doesn’t mean there isn’t still a rendering problem.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

good players learn to play, bad players come to complain on the forums…
in other news, the earth is still round

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Are the guys claiming that the rendering issue has been fixed trolling, or do they just not spend much time in WvW? I guess all those pistol volley’s and backstabs coming out of thin air for a full 3 seconds before rendering were just in my imagination huh? I guess they were really rendering on the screen, but my eyes just aren’t l33t enough.

I don’t think thieves are nearly as OP as some people claim, but don’t try and claim the rendering isn’t still a problem.

stealth is broken when damage is done.
You can see bullets coming and evade/block them and thief will not render.
This is not a render issue it is how it works.
Ppl complaining against thieves are just ppl that don’t know how the class works and they prefer to come here and QQ instead of L2P.
Here the anti-thief guide:

1. log into the game
  2. roll a thief
  3. use it

Now you are able to counter thieves with the profession you prefer.

I play a thief and I know all the tricks. The rendering issue is a major problem and if it wasn’t there the lifespan of stealth burst thieves would plummet. Even without the rendering issues the amount of damage a good thief can do straight out of stealth is absurd. If the thief is doing C&D→Steal/Mug→ BS it can nearly insta-gib almost all the low health classes even if they are beefed up with toughness. I mean you’re talking about 14k-15k damage easily. Clearly it’s all skill though #5→F1→#1, it’s not like you can write a macro for that or anything :P. No class in the game should be doing the lowest base health in damage in 2-3 seconds.

In that video you can tell that most of the time the thief is out of stealth the enemies still don’t see him because he hasn’t rendered. That is the ONLY reason why the zergs don’t just squish him in a second, they simply can’t see him even though they should be able to.

Don’t get me wrong! Thieves are insanely squishy when out of stealth and need help in that department, but in order for that to happen we need to get stealth balanced and the insane burst under control. Personally, I thought the thief should be based more around evades than stealth, stealth should have been a 1-2s target drop and nothing more.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

Thief profession is ez mode if you just want to own while being lazy, and non-interactive. Spam 1 and 5 or spam 2 and 5. Oh Im low on health? Stack stealth with black powder + hs or shadows refuge or blinding powder or my heal move. Oh Im still low after that? shadowstep and shortbow away. Wait a second..this can’t be true, I coulda swore people who used thiefs were skilled!

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

because culling has been fixed

lolwut?
You ARE joking right?

I mean you have to be…

Or have access to very powerful medical grade drugs…

Both?

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

ahahah “spam 1 and 5 or spam 2 and 5” said the dead thief.
@ distate: pls stop with the crap that “No class in the game should be doing the lowest base health in damage in 2-3 seconds” and thieves dmg is too high and blablabla. Almost every profession che do 15k in 2 3 seconds and tbh the c&d-steal-bs combo requires much more skill than a hundred blades.

rendering issue can be a problem when a lot of ppl are involved, but it has not to be an excuse for bad players to lose 1v1 or 2v1 or 3v1 with thieves.
if 3 ppl are killed by a thief it means only 2 things: 1 skilled thief – 3 bad players.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Thief profession is ez mode if you just want to own while being lazy, and non-interactive. Spam 1 and 5 or spam 2 and 5. Oh Im low on health? Stack stealth with black powder + hs or shadows refuge or blinding powder or my heal move. Oh Im still low after that? shadowstep and shortbow away. Wait a second..this can’t be true, I coulda swore people who used thiefs were skilled!

Hahaha!!

Hey everybody Spam 1 and 5 for kills lol

Running D/P time to go kill spamming 2 and 5 cause using heartseeker on a person above 50% health is effective!!! Lets go spam everyone lol…

Nobody took your post seriously cause you obviously don’t know anything about how a thief works.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

So theifs don’t kill you because their better? you’re talking about skills it doesn’t take much skill to press 5 buttons no matter what class you play this is not starcraft. And yes i love playing theif in wvw but i barely use stealth in duels this i use for impossible odds situations. landing backstab is not that easy either unless they never saw the theif in the first place.
However i think its OP compared to the other classes a long with mesmer but i don’t think this is a problem with these 2 classes i think the problems is the other classes lack of mobility and evasion and strong burst skills that should be fixed.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

This is an example of why stealth needs a nerf.

This is me on my thief.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

This is me on my thief.

Nice keybinds.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

This is me on my thief.

Nice keybinds.

Nice Deflection.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Please don’t think you are winning your 1v1’s through skill. Most of us could not see you for more than a few seconds and did not have enough aoe to burst you down before you safely disappeared to the other side of the map.

The game engine and your artificially long invisibility are the reason for your wins.

Do you feel better now?

Well I don’t! Here I am, a ranger, roaming about with my forest friends. The utter epitome of ingame squishiness… and all I get in exchange for wanting warm soft hugs from other kittens like me is invisi-shanked in the face! Oh cruelty, oh woe! D’X

/doublefacepalmsob

Rangers are not squishy compared to thieves. In fact im getting around on my thief with 10k health, whilst the average ranger is getting around with twice this much health.

My post was mostly tongue-in-cheek lol

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

is this thread made once a day?

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

This is me on my thief.

Agreed.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Mubarizun.6435

Mubarizun.6435

Apparently alot of you are less informed than I imagined. This NOT about nerfing them. This is ONLY about a rendering issue that gives them a huge artificially high advantage.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Fact: Every person who comments ‘QQ moar’ and ‘L2P’ have Thief mains and don’t want their precious OPness nerfed away from them.

It’s more entertaining when you have to try, y’know.

Fact: Every person who complains about Thief being OP thinks WvW is about 1v1 fights….

i raise you this video:

how will you respond?

The zerg ignored him the entire time. They were clearly bad.

no they actively tried to get him but he is only visible for about 2-3 seconds at a time. by the time they see him and target him he’s already gone again.

stop trying to defend thieves (although anet seems to agree which is pathetic).

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

the second a thief thinks they’re going to lose the fight, they’re stealthed and 1500 range away in the least expected direction.

THIS!

Surviving a thief is possible, but actually killing them after they realize the odds are against them – impossible.

Another problem, related with the above:
Thieves can run away from basically everyone, but other classes cannot run away from a thief. They simply have the highest mobility in the game, combined with the best escape options. Is this balanced? No!

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: aryastark.4687

aryastark.4687

Sooo many ppl sayin roll a thief to be able to understand the thief and thus kill a thief, is proof of that class having an advantage over other classes. so we dont need to roll a ranger, guardian, necro etc. to be able to kill those classes but we need to roll a thief to be able to kill thieves? rly? Lets face it, there woundt be so many threads about a single class, and ppl QQ about it all the time if that class was balanced, now I understand that all this fuss would probably stop the moment a clearly broken game mechanic was fixed, but until it gets fixed we wont know for sure, and the QQ will go on.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

This is me on my thief.

Agreed.

1- 14 stealth via heal/cnd/bp for the first 4 mins. Thief was visable 75% of the time.
2 – Player is troll p/d spec. Mind you he is horrible at landing CnD. Made numerous mistake but the players he was playing against were even worst.
3 – A competant glass thief would destroy him
4 – How easy it is to play a condition thief
5 – The point of the video is to nerf stealth yet he was visible 75% of the time. If you want to make a “nerf stealth” thread, you should spec d/p.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Bananasmile.4126

Bananasmile.4126

I think people should just ignore these kind of threads, it’s getting repetitious, the same arguments, already an eye sore honestly. It’s a L2P issue. Thieves specialize mainly on ambushes and that’s what that profession is all about, they don’t fight upfront, don’t expect thieves to stand and exchange blows with you nor expect to catch them because they are thieves, that’s what they do, run away and sneak behind your back, if that doesn’t work, then they will run and wait for another opportunity…I have a thief, and I feel a lot more OP using my Guardian, Ele, or Mesmer most of the time. Sure, any thief are welcome to run up behind me, but I already have a surprise waiting for them whenever I enter the borderlands, I actually expect them all the time as long as I’m not inside a tower/keep. I already accepted that fact that thieves can engage and disengage at will, so I simply prepared a nice counter and hope it kills them, if not, so what? I’ll wait for it to come back again so I can have another shot at countering them. The only time that I was bursted down helpless by a thief was during my noob days when I still rolled glass cannons and roamed alone like a boss, now, I’d have to be AFK to be bursted down by a thief seriously. I’m not saying I can beat all thieves, I’ve lost to many thieves, but it has nothing to do with their profession being OP, it’s because they are better players than me, I acknowledge that. Overall, I think current professions are pretty balanced with exemptions on certain skills.

Strikethree, Kinetix (Ki)
Aug 2012 (IoJ) → Jan 2013 (FA) → June 2013 (BG)

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

This is me on my thief.

Agreed.

1- 14 stealth via heal/cnd/bp for the first 4 mins. Thief was visable 75% of the time.
2 – Player is troll p/d spec. Mind you he is horrible at landing CnD. Made numerous mistake but the players he was playing against were even worst.
3 – A competant glass thief would destroy him
4 – How easy it is to play a condition thief
5 – The point of the video is to nerf stealth yet he was visible 75% of the time. If you want to make a “nerf stealth” thread, you should spec d/p.

I actually don’t have much trouble against glass cannon thieves so rofl to that..

I did miss CnD a few times, and was still able to survive (Because the class is that easy)

I actually wasn’t visible 75% of the time, Most of the time, I’m actually invisible, however the poison field and Caltrops actually doesn’t drop stealth..So i can fire them off and apply multiple conditions before reenterring stealth over and over again.

To all roaming thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Since this thread is not inviting to constructive & healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Thank you!