Tomes of Knowledge in WvW-Tracks

in WvW

Posted by: Shavanna.3758

Shavanna.3758

Most people that regularly do wvw have an abundance in – for most people at this point – useless tomes of knowledge. Thus, they are annoyed with it, ‘cause they have stacks of then in their bank. That in itself is a problem, because only the competitive gamemodes, pvp and wvw have many of them, but the area, where people need them mostly is PvE. Don’t forget – in the competitive gamemodes the level (and in the case of pvp also the equipment) is unimportant.

Thus, the people that need it won’t get it fast enought that it matters for them and the ones that get it don’t need it.

The PvP and WvW Tracks were meant to give the ones that play these gamemodes a way to get some gold (via items and crafting materials) too, but this use in itself won’t work out, because there are the useless tomes of knowledge in every mayor step there.

I hope that there could be a change in this system, either by put the tomes there away and instead switch them with some loot containers, that are normally in the track.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

They exchanged some of the tome chests into siege bags as far i know.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Tomes of knowledge are far more useful than majority of the trash that comes from reward tracks. They allow you to recreate characters if you feel like playing another race or profession without grinding for a month to reach level 80.

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Ya I have like 8 stacks in my bank…. Gonna have to destroy some of them….

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I feel ya, I have around 3 stacks now. Let’s put these towards some currency anet? As in….ascended armor perhaps? Even trading for gold, just junking up inventory now.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

what ?
LoL Tomes are 1 of the most usefull thing in wvw
L2p issue – convert them to spirit shards
https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/spirit-shards
Now go delete your tomes please

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Shining One.1635

Shining One.1635

Stacks of Tomes need a “Consume All” option.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

They are in abundance in WvW and PvP so that PvE players explore those areas of the game. PvE players know that if they want easy tomes, they can PvP or WvW to get them.

Tomes have value outside of levelling your characters. You can consume them for Spirit Shards which can be turned in to gold or you can use them to make alt characters without having to grind other content to level up.

Although I agree that they throw a few too many at us, I’m also glad they were added. Turning Tomes in to a currency would be a really nice change but I’m not sure that that’s something Anet will ever do.

It would be great if we could exchange Tomes for Blueprints, traps and tricks (Stealth Disruptors, Siege Disabler’s, etc.) and/or Exotic/Ascended level armor and weapons.

With that said however, I can see how it might feel a bit unfair or might upset the market to do so. Still, I’m allowed to dream! I have over 2 thousand Tomes that I’ll keep holding on to until they fill an entire bank tab.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I do not need spirit shards either! I have way to many! Like give me something useful like heavy loot bags!

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Most people that regularly do wvw have an abundance in – for most people at this point – useless tomes of knowledge. Thus, they are annoyed with it, ‘cause they have stacks of then in their bank. That in itself is a problem, because only the competitive gamemodes, pvp and wvw have many of them, but the area, where people need them mostly is PvE. Don’t forget – in the competitive gamemodes the level (and in the case of pvp also the equipment) is unimportant.

Thus, the people that need it won’t get it fast enought that it matters for them and the ones that get it don’t need it.

The PvP and WvW Tracks were meant to give the ones that play these gamemodes a way to get some gold (via items and crafting materials) too, but this use in itself won’t work out, because there are the useless tomes of knowledge in every mayor step there.

I hope that there could be a change in this system, either by put the tomes there away and instead switch them with some loot containers, that are normally in the track.

You said level is unimportant in wvw, this is untrue. Wvw gives you level 80 stats but you lack skills / traits unlocked as well as multi stat armor (3-4 stats vs 1 stat), won’t have access to use ascended and unless your on an alt and main an 80, have no access to hot runes.

Level does matter in wvw, if you don’t believe me…try a level 2 with 1 weapon, no weapon swap, green 1 stat armor, no utility skills and no traits trees.

in WvW

Jacion.6302

You said level is unimportant in wvw, this is untrue. Wvw gives you level 80 stats but you lack skills / traits unlocked as well as multi stat armor (3-4 stats vs 1 stat), won’t have access to use ascended and unless your on an alt and main an 80, have no access to hot runes.

Level does matter in wvw, if you don’t believe me…try a level 2 with 1 weapon, no weapon swap, green 1 stat armor, no utility skills and no traits trees.

And wvw infusions

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

use them to make more chars and farm LS3 nodes for easy ascended trinket. The whole idea is to get u to buy more char slot so they can make more money off of u not the other way around.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

use them to make more chars and farm LS3 nodes for easy ascended trinket. The whole idea is to get u to buy more char slot so they can make more money off of u not the other way around.

Me and a friend are capable to level a whole new overstacked server just by the tomes we gathered last couple of months.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Tomes are a 1-click delete level of useless. Yeah that 20k bank of shards I already have isn’t worth clicking through them.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

The bloodstone fen and ember bay reward tracks replaced tomes with siege boxes.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

It is not just too many tomes of knowledge (and thus spirit shards). It is too much of useless green stuff or even more worthless items which just clutter the inventory.

I got 5k+ spirit shards, 9+ million karma, almost 50k badges and 5k+ proofs of heroics.

Arenanet should enable to buy more useful stuff from vendors using badges, spirit shards, karma and proofs of heroics. I would very much appreciate the ability to buy fractal components (Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence), which are needed to infuse rings. I hate to do pve to get the stuff I need for WvWvW. They should allow us to buy ascended backpiece and other ascended stuff. I don’t mind if it has very high cost of badges/proofs of heroics + gold + laurels e.g. something like 150 g + 50 laurels + 2k proofs of heroics for ascended backpiece with selectable stats.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Jacion.6302

It is not just too many tomes of knowledge (and thus spirit shards). It is too much of useless green stuff or even more worthless items which just clutter the inventory.

I got 5k+ spirit shards, 9+ million karma, almost 50k badges and 5k+ proofs of heroics.

Arenanet should enable to buy more useful stuff from vendors using badges, spirit shards, karma and proofs of heroics. I would very much appreciate the ability to buy fractal components (Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence), which are needed to infuse rings. I hate to do pve to get the stuff I need for WvWvW. They should allow us to buy ascended backpiece and other ascended stuff. I don’t mind if it has very high cost of badges/proofs of heroics + gold + laurels e.g. something like 150 g + 50 laurels + 2k proofs of heroics for ascended backpiece with selectable stats.

I agree with ring infusion, my main is maxed out with the exception of those additional 3 slots (rings and back peice) and I really don’t want to extract all my wvw infusions to put agony resist back on just to run 50+ fractal PvE when I’d rather spend my time capping towers/keeps.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Please give us an option to opt for either Tomes or siege (cough-superior-cough) in the tracks, this would be satisfactory for everyone I think! Or allow the exchange of tomes-for-siege. Be a pal, ANet!

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

At least add a consume all option to tomes so that you can get rid of an entire stack in just 2 clicks without having to just throw them out. As for flat out replacing them, what would you replace them with? Everyone wants something different.