Top 5 most stable servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Wild card: SoR. They haven’t really been “tested” yet to see how they deal with losing after a long winning streak.

Because losing 13 weeks in a row in Tier 2 isn’t “tested”.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

JQ is the only one that’s been in the top tier since shortly after launch (excepting one week around end of September/beginning of October).

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

JQ is the only one in NA that’s been in the top tier since shortly after launch (excepting one week around end of September/beginning of October).

Fixed that for you.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

1. JQ
2. Blackgate
3. Sanctum of Rall
4. Tarnished Coast

Hard to say outside that, but just going by Millenium statistics. JQ is clearly the most stable server of all time. Only spent one time out of Tier 1 in their history. Most medals of all time. Recently we had what other servers would have considered a big "implosion"and guess what, we are still here still number 2 and still competing heavily in Tier 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

In no particular order:
1)TC
2)FA
3)BG
4)JQ
5)Mag

Wild card: SoR. They haven’t really been “tested” yet to see how they deal with losing after a long winning streak.

The fact that the majority of you all still think “winning” is the only reason to be playing WvW is beyond me. SoR history shows that we actually have not won many tiers. Only 4 other times have we actually taken 1st. We only rise. we won a T1 matchup and tbh if we loose a week or even loose 13 weeks again, it wont stop us coming out and fighting. Some of you should not care about the scores, it actually opens up so much more great things that come with just playing a game.

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

in WvW

Posted by: solnyshko.8694

solnyshko.8694

1) Vabbi

…..Message Body length must at least be 15…..

Gunnar’s Hold – Guild “Halfback” [Hbck] In GW2 since 25/08/12
Youtube channel – http://www.youtube.com/user/GuildHalfback
80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian, 80 Necromancer, 80Warrior, Ranger, Elem…

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Hard to say outside that, but just going by Millenium statistics. JQ is clearly the most stable server of all time. Only spent one time out of Tier 1 in their history. Most medals of all time. Recently we had what other servers would have considered a big "implosion"and guess what, we are still here still number 2 and still competing heavily in Tier 1.

Clearly.

And this is why I lol at people mentioning only NA servers.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Clearly.

I don’t really care what happens in EU.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I have no idea what stable means. If it means staying in the same tier, then Ferguson’s Crossing. If it means not having people leave/join the server constantly, I imagine Jade Quarry still is not the best.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Clearly.

I don’t really care what happens in EU.

What does the EU have to do with GW2?

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

lol at the people that think [PYRO] and [D|ERP] are leaving Maguuma.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

JQ is the most stable. It also has the most hardcore WvW ,pvp and PvE players out there.

JQ arch rivals such as SBI have all vanished and we are currently friends with both SoR and BG.

We are also friends with TC and FA.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Apologies to the EU folks… you’re not being slighted in the least, it’s simply a matter of perception. Over here in the NA group we never see Viz. Never think about them, fight them or even notice them, because our focus is obviously on who we’re fighting now or potentially next week.

I think the only real way to help this be understood is for your guild to transfer over here to Jade Quarry. It’ll give you that “other” perspective that will help clear up the misunderstanding.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: TyrDaishi.1057

TyrDaishi.1057

Apologies to the EU folks… you’re not being slighted in the least, it’s simply a matter of perception. Over here in the NA group we never see Viz. Never think about them, fight them or even notice them, because our focus is obviously on who we’re fighting now or potentially next week.

I think the only real way to help this be understood is for your guild to transfer over here to Jade Quarry. It’ll give you that “other” perspective that will help clear up the misunderstanding.

Unprotected Servertransfer? Don’t listen to this bad person kids! It’s not save! ;D

As for stable Servers I consider Elona Reach to be pretty stable. I don’t know about Guilds that left our server, but maybe I missed something. We are just happen to reorganize our Guilds on Elona itself from time to time

in WvW

Posted by: acehale.6592

acehale.6592

In no particular order:
1)TC
2)FA
3)BG
4)JQ
5)Mag

The fact that the majority of you all still think “winning” is the only reason to be playing WvW is beyond me. SoR history shows that we actually have not won many tiers. Only 4 other times have we actually taken 1st. We only rise. we won a T1 matchup and tbh if we loose a week or even loose 13 weeks again, it wont stop us coming out and fighting. Some of you should not care about the scores, it actually opens up so much more great things that come with just playing a game.

LMAO if this was the case when we was taking Hills last night in BGBL TW would not have zoned in to try and stop us. You would have just stayed in your BL and defended and not worried about BGBL and your ppt. Also I guess the map hopping TW always does to save stuff is just part of playing the game and not worry about winning lol.

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

In no particular order:
1)TC
2)FA
3)BG
4)JQ
5)Mag

LMAO if this was the case when we was taking Hills last night in BGBL TW would not have zoned in to try and stop us. You would have just stayed in your BL and defended and not worried about BGBL and your ppt. Also I guess the map hopping TW always does to save stuff is just part of playing the game and not worry about winning lol.

You don’t make sense. Maybe you should learn to read and understand what he actually means.

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

i think FoW is an even more stable server then viz

Indeed.. Born in T9 and we’ll probably die here too..

Indeed.. Born in T9 and we’ll probably die here too..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Vs is by far more stable than jq or any na. Simppy cos its a national server. . So people dont hop around there like other servers . Next would.be elona for the same reason.

in WvW

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

In no particular order:

Fort Aspenwood
Tarnished Coast
Blackgate
Maguuma
Yak’s Bend

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

i will say NSP
the community neither want to move up nor move down
has been in tier7 for ages now

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

in WvW

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

I feel like Fort Aspenwood has a pretty stable and solid server. SoR as well. I think BG is pretty solid now as well.

TC (my home server) has a stable community partly (imo) due to it being the RP server.

HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

1. Vabbi
2. Fissure of Woe
3. Ferguson’s Crossing
4. Eredon Terrace
5. Henge of Denravi

From most to least stable.

in WvW

Posted by: The Hunter.4516

The Hunter.4516

1. Jade Quarry
2. Elona Reach
3. Tarnished Coast
4. Sea of Sorrows
5. Far Shiverpeaks

Hunchie
Proud Member of [CA] from Aurora Glade.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

1) TC (by far)
2) SoR
3) SBI (not moving)
4) SoS (not moving)
5) CD (not moving)

As for Maguuma, PYRO (by far largest guild in Maguuma, fielding a good 33-50% of their total wvw population every night) is moving to a tier 1 server (BG or JQ) this week. D/ERP might move with them or they might stay (these 2 guilds are pretty close). Not sure why anyone would consider them stable right now. Either way, I am glad to see tier 3 having a chance to stablize. The total domination by Maguuma every day is not fun for anyone, winner or loser alike.

people actually believe that rumor? Why would 2 guilds that love smaller scale battles go into overpopulated tiers to fightarge scale battles? Say what you want but our community is pretty stable, I’m not saying we are the most stable out there but a lot of the players on this server love maguuma, and even if there guild transfers, a majority of their players won’t go because they have made this server there home for quite some time now, and we are not doing anything other then playing the way we always have so us ‘demolishing’ the tier isn’t because of us but because of lack of other servers participation however this does not belong in this thread, but in our matchup thread, my apologies. Can’t edit now though since I’m on my phone and I can’t move around easily. Continue.

It’d be pretty kitten to transfer now with the impending changes to the ranking system anyways alongside all the other numerous changes coming to wvw. I do realize however many players don’t bother reading developer posts or patch notes, haha.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Vizunah would dominate NA WvW…

You wouldn’t stand a chance…

You would after kiss the feet of your French/French Canadian speaking overlords…

Just like we do in Europe…

Napoleons alive and well, in command of Vizunah…

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I fear Napoleon is currently to busy with his Waterloo to dominate NA.
It didn’t became night, but the Prussians arrived

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

VS doesn’t have the coverage. No-one speaks French in Asia.

in WvW

Posted by: Melchiorus.4678

Melchiorus.4678

JQ, SoR, and TC have been the most stable so far in NA. The reason not being simply wins, but that they’ve been put through the fires at times and still are in the top tiers. Anyone that was in SoR throughout the times where we were outmanned and outcoveraged for MONTHS in Tier 2 and Tier 1 can tell you that we have earned our place on that list.

If I’m not mistaken, JQ has never dropped out of Tier 1, even when you think that they’re done they come back out swinging. If only they had more NA guilds for me to fight against :P

TC has a community that’s talked about on other servers. You dirty RP-ers. I feel like I haven’t heard of many (if any) WvW guild transfers to their server yet they’re the server to beat in order to get to Tier 1. Personally I think that if they were to really rally up their server and maybe get a little more coverage they could easily be in Tier 1.

p.s. Vizunah, lol good joke. Maybe they’d make Tier 2.

Melchiorus-Engineer
Pain Train Choo [Choo] Leader

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

Dragonbrand #1

15char

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Probably Mag. It seems like every other server has received/lost significant transfers to push their ranking up/down. Mag is just Mag. Same faces every week all week, and changes in score are mostly determined by changes on other servers.

“Y U NO MENTION EU!?!!?111?questionmark!!!”

Because nobody cares about EU.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Dragonbrand #1

15char

You spelt it wrong. DB is spelt as Dragonbandwagon

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Probably Mag. It seems like every other server has received/lost significant transfers to push their ranking up/down. Mag is just Mag. Same faces every week all week, and changes in score are mostly determined by changes on other servers.

Lol@mag is mag

Refer to Week 52-03. That’s called massive transfers.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/38

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Lol@mag is mag

changes in score are mostly determined by changes on other servers.

The only reason the massive transfers happened was due to other servers imploding and jumping ship to the winning server, Maguuma. So he’s still right.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

zzz I keep getting whispers about whether if Pyro and Derps transferring because of this thread.

…Thanks guys.

Yes, let’s please keep the transfer stuff out of this thread, as it’s not relevant to the OP.

As for most stable servers, I’d have to say:

HoD
SoS
Kaineng
DB

(Apologies for listing NA servers)

Whoa you listed kaineng as stable. Interesting, if there was a listing of most unstable servers I would say it would rank high on that list, if not top it. I can probably name only handful of players on this server that are consistent wvwer and been with this server from the start. Unfortunatly, the bandwagoner/ instant win kids whatever you want to call them did a lot of damage to this server. Many of the originals left kaineng when they started to arrive due to just steamrolling opponents and now many of those guilds left when we couldn’t steam roll opponents anymore.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Lol@mag is mag

That spike was from randoms transfering and fairweathers needing completion after months of never having the chance. Within a month those faces weren’t seen again. We knew we’d hit t3 and when we faced actual resistance (and we did, FA was still there after gobblign up IoJ) the numbers would plummet to normal.

We only deliberately asked 1 guild to transfer from BP, who is still with us and one of the pillars of the server. Way before that spike we deliberately got a couple more guild transfers from Ebay. Since then, we haven’t changed.

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Lol@mag is mag

You mean a period where Mag dropped a tier and beat up on badly outnumbered T5 competition, then got bumped up and stuck with the corpse of IoJ?

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in WvW

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

Vizunah Square
Elona Reach
Fissure of Woe
Vabbi

http://mos.millenium.org/eu/matchups/histories

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Either way. bandwagoners + fairweathers does not equal stability.

As for my list.

I would say

TC
JQ
BG
SoR
FC (T8 since launch? hey stable is stable whether you are up high or low)

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

(edited by Kronyx.2570)

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

BG, TC and JQ are my most stable servers

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

You wouldn’t stand a chance…

You would after kiss the feet of your French/French Canadian speaking overlords…

Just like we do in Europe…

We wouldn’t stand a chance? People said we didn’t stand a chance against Titan Alliance either.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Either way. bandwagoners + fairweathers does not equal stability.

lol

in WvW

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I cannot this ^ enough.

It’s not that we dislike or don’t care about the EU ladder, it’s that most of us simply aren’t exposed to it, or bother to keep up to date on unfamiliar realms. I’m sure the same is true of many people on the other side of the ol’ pond.

If you’re from EU and keep track of the silly things that go on in the NA ladder, more power to ya. But don’t hate for no reason at all.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

in WvW

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

This is a really meaningless topic and seems more like flamebait. There are so many different ways to define stable.

1) Has the server been in the same tier for a long time?
2) Has the population changed much over time?
3) what type of population are you basing it on? PvP? WvW? PvE?
4) How many times has X server won medals/accolades?
5) Multiple guild transfers in and out while maintaining a similar population level?

You could probably think of even more criteria to base the decision on.

End of the day, everybody is just going say their list of servers represent the most stable based on their own criteria and not agreeing with somebody else since their perception is based on a different set of criteria.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Any server that survived a mass exodus.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Any server that survived a mass exodus.

I guess you do not mean the following two server with “survived a mass exodus”, but they still exist and it looks like the still fight hard (just for T8-9 instead of T1-2).

Attachments:

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

1) TC (by far)
2) SoR
3) SBI (not moving)
4) SoS (not moving)
5) CD (not moving)

As for Maguuma, PYRO (by far largest guild in Maguuma, fielding a good 33-50% of their total wvw population every night) is moving to a tier 1 server (BG or JQ) this week. D/ERP might move with them or they might stay (these 2 guilds are pretty close). Not sure why anyone would consider them stable right now. Either way, I am glad to see tier 3 having a chance to stablize. The total domination by Maguuma every day is not fun for anyone, winner or loser alike.

people actually believe that rumor? Why would 2 guilds that love smaller scale battles go into overpopulated tiers to fightarge scale battles? Say what you want but our community is pretty stable, I’m not saying we are the most stable out there but a lot of the players on this server love maguuma, and even if there guild transfers, a majority of their players won’t go because they have made this server there home for quite some time now, and we are not doing anything other then playing the way we always have so us ‘demolishing’ the tier isn’t because of us but because of lack of other servers participation however this does not belong in this thread, but in our matchup thread, my apologies. Can’t edit now though since I’m on my phone and I can’t move around easily. Continue.

Its based on the fact that neither PYRO or D/ERP has publicly deny that they are moving. That means that they either is moving, or they are seriously thinking about it.

I imagine the lack of competition on the weekly score is a problem. And that slow climb to tier 2 is another problem. As it stand right now, Maguuma stands to “break even” in the ratings, although their score is much higher. It will take literally forever to climb to tier 2 for them.

But to be fair, no guild can guarantee that they are staying. Its got a lot to do with what the membership wants, not what the leader wants. I had seen first hand where guilds would promise to stay, and then 2 days later they are gone. So why bother promising anything?

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

That means that they either is moving, or they are seriously thinking about it.

Or that you are being massively trolled.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

TC should top the list IMHO.

BG, JQ, and FA all seem very solid.

At this point, if I couldn’t choose TC, I’d choose BG without a doubt. That said, I’d never leave TC….

in WvW

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

It’s like you know us better than ourselves, Chips~…Also, you may wanna scroll up a bit.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in WvW

Posted by: ikmam.5619

ikmam.5619

elona reach isn’t that stable. its lagging always at jormag.

GL – Galleon -Elona (the P stays fpr PvE !)
http://galleon-gw2.de/