Tournament: Anyone else burned out?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

You are right, it is the people who understand that much of WvW is meaningless and find fun in it still everyday that are missing critical thinking and logic….

The point I was trying to make is that the way and amount one player enjoys a game isn’t the same for everyone. Some players do not enjoy getting run over by more powerful servers week after week after week after week. Some players do not enjoy beating up enemies in a 10v1 scenario virtually every fight. Some players do compete for score some don’t. Ultimately a players threshold for boredom, enjoyment, etc is personal. Telling someone they should do XYZ and they will enjoy the game more is naive.

Some players are going to get burned out no matter what ANet does but IMO more of them will do so in league play than not.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Now imagine if they put bobsledding on the WvW maps

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

So this has been my first tournament. I was there at the start, wide eyed and eager to fight for the pride of my server. Throughout April, I poured as much effort as I could into the tournament. But for the past week or two, I’ve started dreading the experience. The feeling of obligation to put in as much time as you possibly can, taking away from many other aspects of the game, is really starting to get to me. Two months is just a long kitten time, and I don’t think it should be that way for future tournaments. I would rather see a series of 10 three day matches over one month, rather than the 8 one week matches we’re seeing this time around.

What are your thoughts on the length of the current tournament, and what do you think should happen in that regard for future tournaments?

This is my second tourney and I am not burned out.

If people aren’t pacing themselves in WvW, that’s a personal responsibility issue, not a gaming issue.

Go for a walk.

Clean your room.

Do the dishes.

Do the laundry.

Talk to your friends.

Spend time with family and friends.

Go into WvW bright eyed again…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Or go beta test another game. Works for me and a couple of guildmates.

I’ll add: read a good book in there as well.

Agree that it’s a matter of personal preference and finding balance. as it is with everything in life.

Having said that, and not feeling personally burnt out, still feel that the tournament is a couple of weeks too long. Am looking forward to regular WvW without all the hype.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

After a warning/infraction I’ve come to realize my previous, now-deleted opinion was wrong. I think the tournament is balanced and wonderful, and the things I thought I saw being done by players I couldn’t see did not in fact happen. I look forward to more exciting adventures on the battlefields. I encourage everyone to check out the new promotional offers at the gem store, and if you’re not playing GW2 right now, what are you waiting for?

Is this okay? Can I say this?

You forgot “2 + 2 = 5”

As for the tournament… 9 weeks was just so that there’d be filler time between the last LS and the China launch. It’s way too long (4 weeks would have been enough). No surprise that people are burned out/have quit.

in WvW

Posted by: CrossFire.8037

CrossFire.8037

My time in WvW has dropped a lot on the past 2 weeks. It is getting boring.

It’s been going on for far too long. When does this season end anyways?

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

You could always kick back with a good cuppa and watch Gordon Ramsay scream at people…

I think I’ll do that tonight instead!

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

So this has been my first tournament. I was there at the start, wide eyed and eager to fight for the pride of my server. Throughout April, I poured as much effort as I could into the tournament. But for the past week or two, I’ve started dreading the experience. The feeling of obligation to put in as much time as you possibly can, taking away from many other aspects of the game, is really starting to get to me. Two months is just a long kitten time, and I don’t think it should be that way for future tournaments. I would rather see a series of 10 three day matches over one month, rather than the 8 one week matches we’re seeing this time around.

What are your thoughts on the length of the current tournament, and what do you think should happen in that regard for future tournaments?

This is my second tourney and I am not burned out.

If people aren’t pacing themselves in WvW, that’s a personal responsibility issue, not a gaming issue.

Go for a walk.

Clean your room.

Do the dishes.

Do the laundry.

Talk to your friends.

Spend time with family and friends.

Go into WvW bright eyed again…

All of these are great suggestions.

This all sounds like a lot of fun.

Except for the last one.

Hyade and his flamethrower

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I quite enjoy looking at NA gold, and seeing that it is the only league out of 6 of them, where one server didn’t win EVERY SINGLE WEEK. NA gold (T1) is the only league playing WvW properly.

Seriously, NA silver/bronze and all 3 EU leagues have one server face rolling the rest. That. Is. Boring.

NA gold for president.

You’re kidding right? Because gold is also a joke right now. Instead of having 1 server getting the wins(which only happened in season 1 because SoR was weak and crumbled from week 2, they sided with bg in week 1) we now have 2 servers TC and JQ double teaming and trading wins the entire tournament for 1st and 2nd overall, all that for 50 more tickets so gg.

And yes seasons are a joke and will continue to be a joke, as long as Anet does nothing to support spreading out the population. Way to help bandwagon HoD in silver league ANet, way to throw off the balance right before the tournament and then get servers locked in the wrong places, way to go. Swiss doesn’t exactly work with a 3 vs, 6 team bracket, mags and db end up facing each other the entire tournament and getting beat on by the top 4 servers.

T1 needs to be locked into their own bracket after tournament, maybe then people will get blobsick of each other up there and start spreading out. SoS needs to lose some weight and go back to T2 status than T1.5, Mags could probably use some ocx, DB could probably use na, HoD will probably step up into T2.

If they planned on having the events/living story starting up next week then the tournament should have ended this week at the latest.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

I quite enjoy looking at NA gold, and seeing that it is the only league out of 6 of them, where one server didn’t win EVERY SINGLE WEEK. NA gold (T1) is the only league playing WvW properly.

Seriously, NA silver/bronze and all 3 EU leagues have one server face rolling the rest. That. Is. Boring.

NA gold for president.

You’re kidding right? Because gold is also a joke right now. Instead of having 1 server getting the wins(which only happened in season 1 because SoR was weak and crumbled from week 2, they sided with bg in week 1) we now have 2 servers TC and JQ double teaming and trading wins the entire tournament for 1st and 2nd overall, all that for 50 more tickets so gg.

And yes seasons are a joke and will continue to be a joke, as long as Anet does nothing to support spreading out the population. Way to help bandwagon HoD in silver league ANet, way to throw off the balance right before the tournament and then get servers locked in the wrong places, way to go. Swiss doesn’t exactly work with a 3 vs, 6 team bracket, mags and db end up facing each other the entire tournament and getting beat on by the top 4 servers.

T1 needs to be locked into their own bracket after tournament, maybe then people will get blobsick of each other up there and start spreading out. SoS needs to lose some weight and go back to T2 status than T1.5, Mags could probably use some ocx, DB could probably use na, HoD will probably step up into T2.

If they planned on having the events/living story starting up next week then the tournament should have ended this week at the latest.

I think a lot of T1 agrees with you, I don’t think anyone comes here expecting small fights. We came because we enjoy big fights all around the clock. The problem, like you said, is the win trading preventing there from being any interesting fights. Seasons surely brought out the worst.

At least we aren’t in the EU situation where hackers are running around like crazy. Actually maybe that sounds less bad. Either way, no fun to be had in seasons.

Edit: BUT WE ALL GET NEW WEAPON SKINS. Three cheers for the most game changing new wvw content since mastery!

Hyade and his flamethrower

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Poor GoM…

If only I could find someone on the server itself to shower with gold to ruin their matches from the inside out. Alas, where oh where shall I ever find someone like that….

I was going to say “About how much we’re talking about?”, but I got suspended before I could post… Oh, well…

Not that I think I would have the stomach to do this kind of stuff.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Poor GoM…

If only I could find someone on the server itself to shower with gold to ruin their matches from the inside out. Alas, where oh where shall I ever find someone like that….

Not that I think I would have the stomach to do this kind of stuff.

Yea… it’s a pretty scummy place. uwoudbarflots

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in WvW

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Same match-up for half the tournament. Yip… and I almost wager we will have the same on in the last week looking at those scores. 9 weeks of being stomped. Yeah, fun. We are writing songs about as we speak. Poets were born during season 2. So many poets.

They should be 4 weeks, 5 at most! This is nonsense.

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

I really only have 1 issue with the tournament and that is simply that you gain way to much points/wxp for taking stuff then actually fighting your enemies. It’s just more rewarding to PvE then to PvP.

So in short turn the boat around and make it more rewarding to fight other players, PvE grind is to be found outside of wvw.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Burnt out or just over it, I can’t say for certain. Though after Season one, I and many others, expressed a desire to never see a season 2. Now before even Season 2 ends, I’m hoping to not see a season 3.

Already taking proactive steps to make sure I never see the daylight of season 3. I have had more then a fair share of DEVious vision of balance ( lol see what I did there ). The blindfolded rotating dartboard of balance is too op for me. I feel straight up grimey running around with my +1000 healing power on interrupt knowing that the fools on the receiving end never stood a chance against such awe inspiring devastation.

I wish I could give w/e reward thing I may get ( I don’t really know nor really care if I qualified for this tourney reward thing) to a player on a lower coverage server who may have wanted it but didn’t want to leave friends, because rewarding coverage is clearly the best way to solve the player made gaps

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Can we get our skins already? I mean us who already did win this kitten.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Cavendish.2168

Cavendish.2168

I got burned out after week 3 because of lame match ups and politics. I’ve been having tons of fun in pve though, running lots of dungeons, making gold, leveling alts.

I cant wait for season two to end so things go back to normal in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Want to know why SFR won? Because we did not quit with all this burn out nonsense…

Watch the video each time you feel like quitting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q45pwfuDU3s

Then get back in there and kill the enemy

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

This swiss system is the worst possible way Anet came up with for a season. People are playing as usual they do but after the season, there will be new pve contents, and huge pvx population will take a break. Raiding guilds will keep on raiding.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

During the last 3 days of the last match up, FSP pushed hard to come first with the matchup of AM and Gandara. Many members put in night shifts and personally, i didnt play much since reset because of it. It also shows on our tick that there are many more like me on FSP right now.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Lance
Invisible Golem of Far Shiverpeaks Soul

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

For me the tournament means servers are locked in their tiers
So are continually forced to fight servers that shouldnt really be in the same tier *cough*GOM*cough*

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

they might as well just change it from a tournament to a popularity vote of who should get the most rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Cudos to those that played. For myself I played as per normal, as I was not satisfied with the current set up, so feel fresh as a daisy

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Burned out from wvw,yes a bit.But it’s not really due to this tournamet it’s more WvW as a whole that’s becoming quite the bore for me.I cant really seem to have fun anymore as i used too.I still occasionally roam with my guild at evenings,but thats about it.Compared to when WvW was all i was doing,and after our events always going to EB to still roam with some friends is something i won’t even do anymore.Same stuff different day.

in WvW

Posted by: Shinavast.1328

Shinavast.1328

Getting bored with it, frankly.

I’m on Sea of Sorrows, which vacillates between T1 and T2. When we’re in T2 we win, hands down, usually by a margin of 150%. When we’re in T1, we get wrecked, usually with a score 50% of the leaders.

It would be much more interesting if i couldn’t predict with 100% accuracy the outcome of every week’s match.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Next tuesday, when the Festival goes live, i expect wvw deserted except for guilds…

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The last place fight in gold not too bad when its SoS vs Mag vs DB. Tournaments are about over about 2 week left i think.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

pooped in our own bed with this tournament. I am way sick of it.

the one and only respectable thing about it is that the commanders from both collaborating sides are sticking to the agreement when it is so not easy. That takes discipline.

For the Toast!

(edited by Nanyetah Elohi.4852)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

For me it seens like the same of every other week… Except that our adversaries are going all serious for their rewards (somenthing we kinda already had set at the start).

#9thPlaceRant

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I am also looking forward to TC getting um.. woken up next week. We need it.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Is there a reward other than some weapon skin? I need a weapon skin for my wupwup staff, which is kindof grey and ugly.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I hope that if Anet does a Season 3 they change the format. I’d like to see a “pool” system, like we use in fencing for the seeding round before Direct Elimination bouts. Every server gets matched up with every other server, until everyone has been matched against everyone, then tally the results. Not sure how this would work with 3 competitors at a time, but at least we could avoid the most common complaint on this topic- that everyone sees the same servers time after time after time. I’m on Ehmry Bay, and while we’re a low pop server, we seem to have been matched up against Kaineng and Eredon Terrace for the majority of the season. We’re currently matched against Darkhaven and SF, and sometimes the size of their zergs is just mind-boggling when compared to ours. I can’t imagine what it must be like to be on a tier 1 server, but I’d sure as heck like the opportunity to face them for a week, even if it means we get face-rolled.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

A quick glance at the ranking for bronze and silver leagues will show that fears about the swiss format have been largely realized. First and last places are well established while the seven other servers have been in a glorified tie for second that will be settled in these last two weeks of tournament play.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

…I can’t imagine what it must be like to be on a tier 1 server, but I’d sure as heck like the opportunity to face them for a week, even if it means we get face-rolled.

Trust me dude, you don’t want to see these 80man map-blobs…

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

I personally like the tournaments. I like the competition feel they give my server. We are definitely on top of our game during them and it isn’t for the rewards but to say “We did this!” In both season, YB played above its pop and was victorious. Even if we get 4th this tourney because the scoring was a bit silly, everyone will know we deserved higher.

9 weeks is a bit long, though. I feel a burning need to play more during seasons, just because there are more fun fights, our morale is high and so it’s more fun but the intensity is high for me and I need some down time. lol

For those complaining about the rewards….be happy they aren’t amazing, otherwise the QQ for the stacked servers, like HoD, would be worse!

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I can’t imagine what it must be like to be on a tier 1 server, but I’d sure as heck like the opportunity to face them for a week, even if it means we get face-rolled.

You guys might have fun, but we won’t. Even versing T2 servers, I spent the majority of my week running EoTM karma trains and doing PvE kitten

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Not only are they 80 man map blobs, often they’re 80 man map blobs that know how to do more than spam 1 and can dodge.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Yea, tournaments lasts way to long..but ANet needs an excuse not to do any type of content/recycle old stuff for months on end. They have more important customers to take care off (Chinese).

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

NA gold for president.

This has always been a problem when you start moving down the tiers. The difference in population and coverage between servers can vary wildly; even if the servers are only one rank apart.

This tournament has made the problem worse because of match ups being determined by the end of round score? Think that is how it works.

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

The point I was trying to make is that the way and amount one player enjoys a game isn’t the same for everyone. Some players do not enjoy getting run over by more powerful servers week after week after week after week. Some players do not enjoy beating up enemies in a 10v1 scenario virtually every fight. Some players do compete for score some don’t. Ultimately a players threshold for boredom, enjoyment, etc is personal. Telling someone they should do XYZ and they will enjoy the game more is naive.

Some players are going to get burned out no matter what ANet does but IMO more of them will do so in league play than not.

ANET even admitted they intended this game to be imbalanced, and people are still crying for balance that may never come, or never come in a form that is workable.

So like I said before (sarcastically):

You are right, it is the people who understand that much of WvW is meaningless and find fun in it still everyday that are missing critical thinking and logic….

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

ANET even admitted they intended this game to be imbalanced, and people are still crying for balance that may never come, or never come in a form that is workable.

That’s just an excuse Anet uses for lack of effort/ability to balance it. Moreover, to have a “tournament” and also admit that the whole thing is unbalanced is pretty hypocritical.

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

I personally like the tournaments. I like the competition feel they give my server. We are definitely on top of our game during them and it isn’t for the rewards but to say “We did this!” In both season, YB played above its pop and was victorious. Even if we get 4th this tourney because the scoring was a bit silly, everyone will know we deserved higher.

9 weeks is a bit long, though. I feel a burning need to play more during seasons, just because there are more fun fights, our morale is high and so it’s more fun but the intensity is high for me and I need some down time. lol

For those complaining about the rewards….be happy they aren’t amazing, otherwise the QQ for the stacked servers, like HoD, would be worse!

Sword, Dagger and Axe look nice!

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

bob.8632

That’s just an excuse Anet uses for lack of effort/ability to balance it. Moreover, to have a “tournament” and also admit that the whole thing is unbalanced is pretty hypocritical.

Oh I absolutely agree….The problem is, the only thing worse is the player base that continues to “know what they are getting into” and still be surprised when it “is what it is”.

-You know/knew what WvW (an imbalanced mess, in regards to ppt as it related to coverage issues)
-You knew the season was going to be 9 weeks long.
-You knew the new matchup system would produce less variation in week-to-week matchups….

Now I am no ANET apologist by any stretch, but c’mon people, use your brain…

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

-You know/knew what WvW (an imbalanced mess, in regards to ppt as it related to coverage issues)
-You knew the new matchup system would produce less variation in week-to-week matchups….

So we should shut up and not say anything? Players left because of S1 more players will leave because of S2 (including myself), we need to make sure they get appropriate feedback.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

During the last 3 days of the last match up, FSP pushed hard to come first with the matchup of AM and Gandara. Many members put in night shifts and personally, i didnt play much since reset because of it. It also shows on our tick that there are many more like me on FSP right now.

I remember last Season when you put in a insane effort to overtake Fort Ranik, obviously later on when you faced us you were burnt out unlike us, where pretty we much dominated every one of our Match-ups.

I know how it feels though, putting all that effort in for your Community to ‘win’ it feels good, but doing it for 9 weeks in a row with politics in between is asking alot..

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

I loved the season simply because the score was never an issue, we could play how we wanted to with little punishment and having tons of fun fighting bigger teams

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Well on SFR I think burnout has set in after we realised we got 1st place in the bag. We are getting hammered this week because hardly anyone is logging in to play. There are no queues at all to get into WvW in the evening anymore. I guess people have had enough of it. Even our night-capping guys seem to be taking a break. Pity, it would have been nice to have had all straight wins through the tournament., but that doesn’t seem likely if people aren’t playing anymore.

in WvW

bob.8632

So we should shut up and not say anything? Players left because of S1 more players will leave because of S2 (including myself), we need to make sure they get appropriate feedback.

No you need to realize that Seasons are the only trick pony Anet has for WvW, and as such will more than likely continue in their mediocrity in the future.

Instead of ramming your head into a gate in the chase of glorious PPT, you could realize that WvW is a sandbox and it is whatever you make of it. If more people did this instead of drinking the koolaid and pvgating their way to a “win”, then this game would actually have more variety and more retention.

Everyone has the chance to get “burned out”, but it is the PPT-tryhards that usually get it the worst. The people that run around looking for fights, or just to have fun in general seem to be more immune to it.

in WvW

Posted by: dtzy.5901

dtzy.5901

When you get burned out from playing a game it just means you played way too much. No need to over analyze.

As for the tournament,, the tourney style is a fail and needs to change. Heck anet loves rng so just rng the match ups next time if they cant figure out a good format.

BG~