Tutorial: How to stop EotM whining

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

So, since people are crying their souls out, I want to give my strategy for a simple karma train. I used it now several times, people had fun, got several level ups etc. It’s great when your zerg is full of upscaled.

How to:

Whisper the opponent friendly to let you know thei commanders name.
Whisper the commander friendly and ask to party up.
Explain that you want to avoid zerg vs zerg and keep a simple roation (e.g. Anti-Clockwise). Since you see the party member icon on your map, you know where their zerg is.
If the commanders wont abuse this to track the zerg down, your people will thank you for the simple farm.
When the timer is at 00:05, I always tell the cmd to move to the Aetherblades to organize a last huge zerg vs zerg just for fun.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

this is why many people despise eotm as nothing more then a braindead karma train for pve’ers who just want to farm with low levels and pve builds.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

If the commanders wont abuse this to track the zerg down

lol

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Nice one. ;)

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Get rid of it? It looks kinda good, but I dont understand why so much trouble went into something no-one was asking for?

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I have 2 comments for this depending on the OP’s actual meaning:

- It’s posts like these why a majority of people hate EoTM, think it’s a joke, and want it burned down and forgotten forever.

- It’s troll posts like these that make me happy.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

(edited by L Step.8659)

in WvW

X T D.6458

Get rid of it? It looks kinda good, but I dont understand why so much trouble went into something no-one was asking for?

EoTM was originally designed as an area for players to go to be able to do WvW while waiting out queues, which in the past used to be really, really bad for some servers..talking hours everyday, every map at least in t1 it was. Heck on reset nights, maps were queued until saturday morning, wouldnt break till around 5-6am sometimes. But that was then. People quickly discovered EoTM can be used to karma train and level up toons so now you have another zerg driven farm map that pve’ers want to complain about whenever anything challenging comes up.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Yay, a troll post!!

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Credit to the OP tbh. It’s a good system that people should use more if they like their K-Trains.

Having said that its unfortunate EotM is considered WvW and he had to post in the WvW section.

I’m sure the average WvW player doesn’t give a $#@% about K-Trains.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

OP must be playing on the NA servers, and has obviously never met SFR commanders.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Aury.1367

OP must be playing on the NA servers, and has obviously never met SFR commanders.

Nope, european.

I’m sure the average WvW player doesn’t give a $#@% about K-Trains.

exactly what I was thinking. Many PvE farmers seem to see a concurrence like:

Yay, a troll post!!

It’s no troll post at all.
Why should it be? EotM is far known as karma/xp-train. If you don’t like it, don’t go there.
I don’t like the dungeons here, but do I go in LFG or here in the forum, join a party/thread about dungeons and just yell “BOOOOO!” No. Its not LoL.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

It’s no troll post at all.
Why should it be? EotM is far known as karma/xp-train. If you don’t like it, don’t go there.
I don’t like the dungeons here, but do I go in LFG or here in the forum, join a party/thread about dungeons and just yell “BOOOOO!” No. Its not LoL.

Because it is already very sad that EoTM has been hijacked by k-trainers without adding insult to injury. Telling people who would like to play the game as it was designed FOR THEM to go away if they don’t like it is quite something.

I’m tempted to go there with my friends and farm the lot of you uplevel and then wait for some to whine about and reply “if you don’t like it, go away do world boss events/dungeons/fractals etc.”…

You can’t possibly come to the WvW section to promote that crap without sounding like a bad troll. Seriously. Most people I read about here hate and fear WvW becoming what EoTM has become.

in WvW

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

EoTM was originally designed as an area for players to go to be able to do WvW while waiting out queues, which in the past used to be really, really bad for some servers..talking hours everyday, every map at least in t1 it was. Heck on reset nights, maps were queued until saturday morning, wouldnt break till around 5-6am sometimes. But that was then. People quickly discovered EoTM can be used to karma train and level up toons so now you have another zerg driven farm map that pve’ers want to complain about whenever anything challenging comes up.

It could aways get worse they could just remove the option and stick the wvw queue people in with the pvp crowd in the mist wait for a spot.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Karma training is good thing. It’s more fun kill low levels and karma trainers than normal wvw players. I have always been big fan of low level killing and all kind of dirty tricks.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Farming lowbies in EotM is a good source of T2-T4 mats for ascended crafting.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Nope, european.

Can you imagine any of them not setting up to smash a zerg once they know where it is? Go ahead, party up with one of them. I’ll go get the popcorn.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Aury.1367

Nope, european.

Can you imagine any of them not setting up to smash a zerg once they know where it is? Go ahead, party up with one of them. I’ll go get the popcorn.

No, all the other commanders I met enjoyed it. They called it a nice idea. Not one disagreed or smashed us. I guess there are fine people around. Sadly not many of those are on the forums.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Sadly this is just why I don’t enjoy EotM much.

Wondering how much work it would be to setup own PVE/PVP versions of EotM. So people could join what they wanted. On the other hand, it is a good practice ground to test at fighting against pug zergs most of the time.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

You’re 2.5 months early for April Fools

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

I LOVE how eotm has been the last month (been literally all three sides). Tons of wvw action. big lack of ktrains. GG, roamers, big zergs etc. I could LESS for anyone that wants to level out there. You got 300+ hearts for that..

I love defending FR keep for example. Tons of bags. The folks that whine about the ktrain, you can move along.

this is wvw zone. folks are treating it like it now, and it welcome

That one person.

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

EOTM for farm only
This is always a shame to see some "great outnumbered fights" at YT from EOTM, lol

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

u abuse eotm! ;_;

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Nope, european.

No, all the other commanders I met enjoyed it. They called it a nice idea. Not one disagreed or smashed us. I guess there are fine people around. Sadly not many of those are on the forums.

If my commander gives me less than 200 kills per hour or does too much ktrain, i set up defences to get bags until he eventually runs out of things to flip.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Now im thinking about tagging up in EOTM and hope you whisper me to ask to avoid eachother. I will say i do….But i wont.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

The best part is when bad guild groups try to defend and get farmed by the blob of upscaleds. That happens a lot.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

People can play however they like in EotM, as long as it doesn’t involve exploits or cheating. This means that both karma training and defending are equally valid playstyles. A good EotM Commander will know how to do both, depending on whatever the zerg prefers at the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Dont complain guys, we have to keep these ppl in EOTM so they don’t come back into wvw.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Dont complain guys, we have to keep these ppl in EOTM so they don’t come back into wvw.

wvw could do with more running lootbags in its current state

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

wvw could do with more running lootbags in its current state

yes, unleash the never ending horde of bags please!

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

It’s more fun kill low levels and karma trainers than normal wvw players.

Say what?

in WvW

X T D.6458

It’s more fun kill low levels and karma trainers than normal wvw players.

Say what?

Interpretation- Its easier, and therefore more fun for him :/

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

points to thread

Devs, take note: EotM is a joke. Axe the rewards for playing in EotM, please.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Another reason why EotM should be considered PvE.

in WvW

X T D.6458

points to thread

Ironically if they did that, and made EoTM what it was originally intended to be like, nobody would go there. Queues can be annoying at times but nowhere near as bad as they used to be before when the concept of EoTM was concieved of.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

It’s funny how people talk about “the hijacking of EotM by the PvE players” – WvW people went into EotM when it first came out, played for a while, then left. Do you know why? Because it lacks purpose. There is no noticeable gain at the end of the 3 hours, you don’t contribute to your server, there is nothing. So it has been turned into a ktrain. Now it has a purpose. Now players can go there and ktrain and level their alts or just farm instead of doing it in low lvl PvE areas, where the ktrains do a lot of harm to the new players (remember Queensdale train?).

Also, this is spot on:

points to thread

Ironically if they did that, and made EoTM what it was originally intended to be like, nobody would go there. Queues can be annoying at times but nowhere near as bad as they used to be before when the concept of EoTM was concieved of.

It’s strange that this poster understands this, but is against the ktrains in EotM. If WvW players don’t go to EotM and PvE players don’t go to EotM, then who does?

in WvW

X T D.6458

Im not against people farming, could care less, Its annoying seeing people post about how their farm is being ruined by people who have the nerve to go to eotm and fight them and ruin their farm. Its that entitlement mind where everything has to be their way, and they own the map, and anyone who does different is bad. Its like those greedy farmers in any pve map who go nuts over anyone who god forbid does any event out of order OMG SUCH TROLLS ^%$&&@@

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

Should remove siege from EotM, people love PvD so much they should faceroll everything

in WvW

Posted by: RKyrk.4761

RKyrk.4761

now more then i ever i want to farm eotm blobs

1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

6 months too late on this idea, broski.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2bim25/edge_of_the_mists_is_a_karma_train/

[EOTM] and the EU version [FOTM] organize trains across all 3 sides by having someone from their guild command each side, talking in guild/party chat to organize the best rotations, and will run their own zergs into sure death if the rotation gets disrupted. [EOTM] is notorious for mass reporting anyone who doesn’t follow their “rules,” — people who use ACs, other commanders that encourage zerg fighting and thus disrupting the train, or players who cap objectives separate from the group (again disrupting their train).

If you want to follow their lead, go ahead, but don’t expect anyone to be your friend anymore.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I have more fun as FR and BL then I ever do as OG.

I don’t PvD
I don’t PvE
I don’t PvP

I’m a fearomancer, I PvZ

OP: please set up your ktrain alliance. I’ll be waiting to fear half your zerg at the first ledge, then go for the other half when the cd is up, because I play how I want to play too.

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

It’s strange that this poster understands this, but is against the ktrains in EotM. If WvW players don’t go to EotM and PvE players don’t go to EotM, then who does?

No one and they should get rid of it. EOTM is a pve zone with some pvp sprinkled in.

Was it meant to be a place to go if there were queues in WvW? Maybe…

But there’s no queues outside of Friday nights in T1 and T2.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Should remove siege from EotM, people love PvD so much they should faceroll everything

Yes, and, additionally, every objective will lost it’s allegiance to faction in 10 minutes.
Coz sometimes, there is not enough enemies and noone take back lost keeps

Look at screen - yesterday evening. How we can continue farm in last 40 minutes?

Attachments:

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

eotm is great for several purposes. It wasn’t meant to be a viable “game mode” in and of itself. It was meant to be an overflow relief for wvw queues, & a new place to explore combining all 3 major game modes.
People can pretty much do what they want there and get away with it.
I’ve benefited a lot from eotm ktrain. Don’t regret one minute of it.

Naz ©

in WvW

Posted by: schnitzel.9018

schnitzel.9018

I hope Anet will remove weapons out of Eotm.