Twink Uplevels

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

Please redo the uplevel boosts for very low level toons.

Level 2 characters are running around with 3500+ armor and/or 3500+ power. Its ridiculous, please fix it.

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

They have weaker armor/weapons and no traits/elites/extra skills. Why are you complaining?

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Level 2 characters are running around with 3500+ armor and/or 3500+ power. Its ridiculous, please fix it.

Uplevels will always be significantly weaker than level 80s. If you get killed by an uplevel, it’s a massive statement on your lack of skill. Perhaps that’s why you’re complaining?

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Xernth.8561

No, I’m complaining because the scaling is absurd and should be fixed. I don’t really ever play 1v1 in wvw other than chance encounters running from one place to the next.

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

They’re weaker than if they were level 80 the only reason to want them nerfed is to make it harder on them, not even gaining anything out of it yourself, which makes you by definition a hater.

Or am I missing something?

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Xernth.8561

I am a “hater” because people twinking out there level 2s to have 3700 armor is intended behavior, lol.

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

The poster is right… you can do things like make a lvl 2 ranger with over 30khp, 2k condi dmg.

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Pyroatheist.9031

The poster is right… you can do things like make a lvl 2 ranger with over 30khp, 2k condi dmg.

So that’s a lie.

Post a screenshot and I’ll believe it.

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

At level 2, they have no weapon swap, no utilities, no elite, and no traits. Yes, they can get nice stats, but if you consistently lose to them, you’re doing something wrong. For example, level 2’s have next to no condition removal, so just about any condition build will beat them.

Second Child

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Jedge.3619

Jedge.3619

So that’s a lie.

3400 Attack, without much optimization.

Attachments:

What a Churlundalo

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

So that’s a lie.

A worthy foe. Look at all those beautiful locked skills. Getting hit by 1,4k vapor blade surely hurts.
I usually fight upleveleds while I am naked to try balancing somewhat the fight :/

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Jedge.3619

Jedge.3619

A worthy foe. Look at all those beautiful locked skills. Getting hit by 1,4k vapor blade surely hurts.
I usually fight upleveleds while I am naked to try balancing somewhat the fight :/

The point of this screenshot was to prove the stats of an uplvl can be modified to a high point. Also, I’m wearing a scepter.

What a Churlundalo

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

The point of this screenshot was to prove the stats of an uplvl can be modified to a high point. Also, I’m wearing a scepter.

Lets meet up in WvW, I bet I down that in 2 seconds, and do 3-4k auto attack crits. People like this are nothing but rally bots, and I agree with the other posters that someone getting killed by an uplevel in a 1v1 encounter is someone who really needs to look at their game play. Sure, you can make them do some pretty numbers, but still far and away from someone who has access to level 80 gear stats, traits and runes/sigils. So if you are losing to them, you would stand no chance vs a level 80 char.

Showing you can make numbers in the stat window means nothing to how strong this character would be vs a normal level 80.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: NullEmptiness.9230

NullEmptiness.9230

Lets meet up in WvW, I bet I down that in 2 seconds, and do 3-4k auto attack crits. People like this are nothing but rally bots, and I agree with the other posters that someone getting killed by an uplevel in a 1v1 encounter is someone who really needs to look at their game play. Sure, you can make them do some pretty numbers, but still far and away from someone who has access to level 80 gear stats, traits and runes/sigils. So if you are losing to them, you would stand no chance vs a level 80 char.

Showing you can make numbers in the stat window means nothing to how strong this character would be vs a normal level 80.

The OP said that stats like this were possible and all Jedge did was show a screenshot of said stats. Does that mean a level 80 can’t beat that? No, it simply means that those stats are achievable as an up leveled character which is what was being debated. Jedge never said an up leveled could beat a level 80 in exotics. OP perhaps implied it but regardless of that the stats are achievable. In any case scaling is fine and or needs a boost in def actually to allow up leveled characters to not be rally bots.

i7 3770k @ 4.7 Ghz | Asus GTX 780 DC2
ROG Maximus V Formula | Samsung 840 Pro SSD
aaaaaand I still get 9 fps in a zerg fight on max settings…. priceless!

(edited by NullEmptiness.9230)

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

So that’s a lie.

that ele poses no more of a threat to me than a deer. but she could still help aoe walls and siege and throw water and fire fields and some CC’s so at least she can contribute to the fight, which is a good thing.

if you’re not level 80 you’re missing traits, skills, armor stats, weapon stats, and strong runes or sigils – plenty kitten enough already and anything more would be terrible – and that’s coming from someone who hasn’t played on an upleveled toon in months.

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

I agree with all the ones that said it was fine.
If you change this, how would people play in wvw before 80 ? It’s a good thing they have upscaled stats, if they didn’t, they wouldn’t stand a chance, get frustrated and stop playing the game.
Some people only play in wvw, even for levelling. If you change the stats upscaling, they will just quit. Is that what you want ? Less players ? O_o

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Stillmoon.6894

Stillmoon.6894

i never leveled anything on wvw. it is called wvw for a reason and by leveling in wvw you make your server weaker somehow. not to mention it is kind of insult to other server. most of all i worship efficiency with a religious zeal and i think leveling in wvw is not an efficient method since you will be constantly rolled by every lv 80 character and your server will lose battle point because of you not to mention waste of time to run around taking objective ( if you leech off the zerg to level, believe me there is a special place in the hell for you)

i really don’t think they should upscale the status for low levels. players will always try to exploit some generosity such as this so its better not to encourage them to do so

“Dream and hope sundered my world, it will no longer wreak such sorrow”

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Pyroatheist.9031

So that’s a lie.

The person I replied to quoted ‘30k hp, 2k condition damage’.

You’ve maximized one stat. Nicely done. However, my point still stands. What that previous commenter quoted was a straight lie.

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

The OP said that stats like this were possible and all Jedge did was show a screenshot of said stats. Does that mean a level 80 can’t beat that? No, it simply means that those stats are achievable as an up leveled character which is what was being debated. Jedge never said an up leveled could beat a level 80 in exotics. OP perhaps implied it but regardless of that the stats are achievable. In any case scaling is fine and or needs a boost in def actually to allow up leveled characters to not be rally bots.

No one has debated you can get stat numbers, my point is that Jedge was trying to prove it can be done, when no one is questioning it, rather, we are making points to the OP’s remark that uplevels need a nerf in stats. And the only reason to complain about something like this for WvW is because they got beat by one, while myself, every time I see a upleveled I think easy bag or in a zerg I think “oh look, a rally bot for all my down teammates”. There is no reason to nerf upleveled scaling, because as it is, they are already incredibility weak, without taking into account lack of utility skills.

Rather, I would like to see WvW more like PvP where you become a true level 80. No more grinding to hit 80 in PvE before I can play the game mode I prefer.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Downzilla.8945

Downzilla.8945

your all just mad that you’s arent on the lvl 2 hype.

Attachments:

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Yes they have high stats…but they have no utility skills, the 1 starting heal, no traits, and just a single weapon. They’re heavily kitten at that level, and the stats being what they are is to help offset that so they can at least do something in WvW. Only after they start gaining levels do the stats take a massive dive. It was designed like this for a reason, you’re a fool if you think anybody thinks it’s OP when they have 0 defenses in terms of usable skills.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

HJAHAHAHHAHA! That made my day XDDDDDDDDD

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

The fact that he used the word “Twink” makes him bad.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

made my day

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

wow u are really whining about that?
they have no traits. no weapon swap etc! no elite no nothing. at least this gives them a little chance to play wvw. without it there is no point till lvl 80. wow some people are really jealous of anything, even an uplevel?!?!? wow just wow!

point is u got your toon u got your lvl 80 and exotics/ascended and all traits and skills u need, upl levels dont. so why on earth would u complain about up leveling? u just wanna 1 shot them is that it?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

I really think folks are missing the point.

I have a level 20 that I pimped out just for running around doing killshots and the stat stacking is too high, imo. The amount of damage I do is crazy and with the high mobility and careful play I can generally escape to safety if I am cautious.

Sure I am not going to win a 1v1 against a decent player, but really they are in short supply and if I play like a sniper I get plenty of kills.

I think low level players defensive skills should stack high, perhaps even higher, but offense imo is too stacked at these levels. Does make me giggle like a school girl when I play it though.

(edited by Jaxs.5830)

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

Level 2’s are not going to autoattack their way to glory.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

Said no one ever this guy I mean.

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

wow u are really whining about that?
they have no traits. no weapon swap etc! no elite no nothing. at least this gives them a little chance to play wvw. without it there is no point till lvl 80. wow some people are really jealous of anything, even an uplevel?!?!? wow just wow!

point is u got your toon u got your lvl 80 and exotics/ascended and all traits and skills u need, upl levels dont. so why on earth would u complain about up leveling? u just wanna 1 shot them is that it?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scroll_of_Knowledge

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

I am unaware of exactly how stat scaling works in WvW from level 1-80, so it is possible that a low level “twinked” may have better stats than a mid/higher level (someone not yet level 80). But you should not be complaining about, or losing to “twinks” on your level 80. I am happier if low levels are able to put up somewhat of a fight rather than being free kills.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

So they’ll hit like trucks, but drop like a sack of $#17 bag of bricks loot. Okay, good to know.

Goes to make 3700 attack twink.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Solution: Be able to equip level 80 armor, weapons and trinkets when scaled to 80 and have full access to all the traits.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Twink Uplevels

in WvW

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

… I don’t really ever play 1v1 in wvw other than chance encounters running from one place to the next.

So you got killed by an uplevel and said uplevel likely knew how to play the class.

Attachments: