Two hours after reset and WvW fulled

in WvW

Posted by: maei.7295

maei.7295

English is not my first language so please forgive my errors.

I play on FoW. We and Vabbi have been loosing every week for months and months. Most people don’t care to play WvW anymore becouse there is no point of playing it on our server. My guild i.e. used to play casually in wvw, 2 or 3 evening in a week, in the last to months we went on a borderland only once.
Now we have to face even stronger opponents.
I’m sorry for the servers coming down in T9, you will have a boring week.
Something has to be done for EU T9 and i’m thinking about what should be for a long time but i cannot provide a suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

Well, now there’s an extra exciting game for the lower ranked servers: Who gets stuck in T9 this week!? Taking all bets.

Bet gold will be used on repair bills and sweets only. No refunds.

Just how banana am I.

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

To be honest maei, and any other FoW or Vabbi reading this, it isn’t boring… Not a great challenge for the very skilled maybe but as an OK player I’ve had and enjoyed some great battles against some tough FoW and Vabbi opponents. I’ve had my butt handed to me by some excellent players. But overall the servers aren’t strong, no, so something needs to be changed, yes.

in WvW

Posted by: Caephire.5238

Caephire.5238

Wow, that’s demoralizing. But server population throughout the day has ebbs and flows. Chances are the other two servers might catch up by end of the week. I’m not familiar with the servers’ population shift though, so who knows? Anyway, good luck.

Commander Foxblaze
Guild Leader: Zepheris Chronology [CHR]
Kaineng from Beginning to End

in WvW

Posted by: etildelafuente.1349

etildelafuente.1349

Meanwhile, the EU tier 1 is exactly the same as last week, go figure.

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

easy solution… just open up free transfers to t8 na and t9 eu for longer than last time … announce it like crazy and you’ll have a bunch of people

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: Konata.6409

Konata.6409

If my server, Blacktide, pretty much crushed them each week then they simply have no chances at all against RoF. This is a problem that should have been resolved months ago, they should somehow encourage ppl to actually join FoW and Vabbi, or just find another method altogether to make wvw on their tier enjoyable. Otherwise each week both of these servers and an additional randomly selected server will have nothing to do in WvW.
I kinda doubt that’s the idea of fun in this game.

Ignoring the problem won’t make it go away, so I hope it won’t stay this way for too long and some actual steps will be taken.

in WvW

Posted by: Damar.5982

Damar.5982

Here’s a random thought to liven things up a little. Not sure if it’s possible but it could be fun.

Once a server ends up x points behind in a battle (say 200,000 or something), then people guesting to those servers are allowed to represent it in WvWvW.

That way, you could have players from more popular servers who are fed up with queues getting into WvW and having a fight, you could breathe life back into the servers who are getting pounded and provide the winning opponent a challenge for the week without really risking affecting the end result.

Perhaps even go as far as to lock the score prior to guesting opening up for the purposes of the ranking system.

And yes, I know it’s unlikely the idea would ever be feasible, but I couldn’t help smiling at the idea of players from the three tier 1 servers suddenly working together and giving the winning tier 9 server a challenge for a couple of days.

in WvW

Posted by: Oceangrave.9657

Oceangrave.9657

Can I just say, we are in this server getting stomped every week and your moaning about winning, do you see any of us moaning? NO we man up and get on with it It could be worse you could be one of us ^^
it’s only a week for you guys, we get this every week!

We are not complaining about winning. We are complaining that everybody that does pretty much only WvW (which is quite a lot) have absolutely nothing to do now what so ever.

I’ve been sat here, logged out of gw2 for the past 3 hours, waiting till you or fissure of woe finally cap something other then a tower that requires you to have siegerazor with you.

I have no problem with you guys, i’ve (after several hours) seen a few guys from vabbi get to some camps with 2 or 3 people and try and take it, hell, i’ve even let them take it for the sake of you being able to do something, but soon enough some person says they are there and a entire zerg has to come rushing because they finally have something to do.

The match up is ridiculous and does not make any sense. They can do what ever they want, but they CANNOT fix balance. Every single game, every one of them, has imbalances and they cannot be fixed. Ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Devon I’m sure you have a thick skin and don’t need a boost, but please stay the course. It’s clear to those of us who took the time to understand the new matchup system and know the issues with T9 that there is nothing wrong with the matchups.

Either we stick with the old stale system playing the same servers and the ratings never reach their true values, or we use this new system and get diverse, likely unbalanced matchups but more accurate ratings. The thing with the new matchup system is that most servers, except the T9 servers, have a chance of actually being the strong server in the matchup from week to week, which is a nice change from the old system.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in WvW

Posted by: DoctorFaust.7103

DoctorFaust.7103

Where are al those ppl who said “Screw balanced matches, we want variety!” now.

(not pointed at you rof guys.)

Right here, buddy! I, for one, am very glad to see more volatility in the matchups.

I have studied philosophy, jurisprudence, and medicine too;
And worst of all, theology, with keen endeavor through and through;
Yet still I am, for all my lore, the wretched fool I was before…

in WvW

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

Where are al those ppl who said “Screw balanced matches, we want variety!” now.

(not pointed at you rof guys.)

Right here, buddy! I, for one, am very glad to see more volatility in the matchups.

Me too! It’s nice to see Arbor and Gunnars putting up such good fights, though this is probably the best of it.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jamo.2367

Jamo.2367

Can I just say, we are in this server getting stomped every week and your moaning about winning, do you see any of us moaning? NO we man up and get on with it It could be worse you could be one of us ^^

We are not complaining about winning. We are complaining that everybody that does pretty much only WvW (which is quite a lot) have absolutely nothing to do now what so ever.

I’ve been sat here, logged out of gw2 for the past 3 hours, waiting till you or fissure of woe finally cap something other then a tower that requires you to have siegerazor with you.

I have no problem with you guys, i’ve (after several hours) seen a few guys from vabbi get to some camps with 2 or 3 people and try and take it, hell, i’ve even let them take it for the sake of you being able to do something, but soon enough some person says they are there and a entire zerg has to come rushing because they finally have something to do.

The match up is ridiculous and does not make any sense. They can do what ever they want, but they CANNOT fix balance. Every single game, every one of them, has imbalances and they cannot be fixed. Ever.

I said this in the other thread but if you want something too do why are you upgradeing towers and keeps we wont ever cap anything if everything is tier 3 and we are 5 vs 50, I know you can’t stop people doing it but in this tier I really think upgrades are unfair

Ix Jamo – Back on vabbi!
[LNA] Luna Eclipse
[BNA] Banana Eclipse

in WvW

Posted by: The Hero Warrior Il.7681

The Hero Warrior Il.7681

this is just not funny anymroe when it is like this….

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

If I could get 50 dedicated people, I would love to xfer to a lower “tier” EU server for free. I think it would be a blast, I don’t think I can convince anyone to go with me

Fight the man!

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Oceangrave.9657

Oceangrave.9657

I said this in the other thread but if you want something too do why are you upgradeing towers and keeps we wont ever cap anything if everything is tier 3 and we are 5 vs 50, I know you can’t stop people doing it but in this tier I really think upgrades are unfair

I have personally not upgraded anything and discouraged several people to upgrade anything or to even build siege to retake towers were they to be taken. Currently, we are having a fight with some Fissure of Woe at the spiritholme supply camp on their borderlands.

I am also running around completely alone looking for something to fight. But so far i have only gotten people who are also alone run straight away as fast as possible. or people running and then finding a teammate(s) and then making impossible odds against you instead of just stopping, turning around and accepting a challange.

At this point, i do not see getting the monthly wvw mist invaders killed unachievable.

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

If you don’t want to have a week of nothing to do, I suggest trying to transfer to Vabbi or FoW to give your server mates a challenge. But yeah, I’d understand not everyone would want to spend gold/gems on it. There should definitely be more incentive to transfer to the bottom 2 servers though, they’ve been in this situation for many months. They could open free transfers to such servers until they can actually put up a fight and do well in WvW.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Jamo.2367

You realize that seeing one of you means that there is like 5000000000000000000 more around, we wont fight because more of you always come, 2 of us were running around FoW border whenever we started a 2v2 2v1 30 more came
See it from our perspective you guys are everywhere :P

Ix Jamo – Back on vabbi!
[LNA] Luna Eclipse
[BNA] Banana Eclipse

in WvW

Posted by: Yes I Cap.5389

Yes I Cap.5389

Funny really I’m roaming around looking for something to do suddenly get bursted on by a ranger from FoW (Regan Brock) started talking then I spot a little asuran Mesmer from Vabbi trying to fool me with my own class :P (Jamo) and he joins the party we then start chatting had a couple of duels etc and just generally had fun, got to make the most of what you got at the end of the day

Shout out to you guys for actually staying loyal to your servers after all this time and hearing about your low wvw ranks etc :/

Cap Plox
Ring Of Fire :D Jonny Cash Guides us!

in WvW

Jamo.2367

Funny really I’m roaming around looking for something to do suddenly get bursted on by a ranger from FoW (Regan Brock) started talking then I spot a little asuran Mesmer from Vabbi trying to fool me with my own class :P (Jamo) and he joins the party we then start chatting had a couple of duels etc and just generally had fun, got to make the most of what you got at the end of the day

Shout out to you guys for actually staying loyal to your servers after all this time and hearing about your low wvw ranks etc :/

Low wvw rank? I’m a higher rank then you :P still learning mesmer, almost got away though!

Ix Jamo – Back on vabbi!
[LNA] Luna Eclipse
[BNA] Banana Eclipse

in WvW

Posted by: Yes I Cap.5389

Yes I Cap.5389

Low wvw rank? I’m a higher rank then you :P still learning mesmer, almost got away though!

It was merely an all round thing :P

Cap Plox
Ring Of Fire :D Jonny Cash Guides us!

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

franly EU doesn’t require tier 9, they should merge the last tier or even last 2 tiers to make it more competitive..

in WvW

Hamham.7504

I am also running around completely alone looking for something to fight. But so far i have only gotten people who are also alone run straight away as fast as possible. or people running and then finding a teammate(s) and then making impossible odds against you instead of just stopping, turning around and accepting a challange.

At this point, i do not see getting the monthly wvw mist invaders killed unachievable.

I saw this, and despite telling myself I wouldn’t stay up late, I logged in. I got two 1vs1’s and then a period where I sat myself on the road from hills to garrison. Everyone ran past me. Then, random ranger came rushing at me. I though, he’s confident this will be a good fight! But alas he had a friend.
Not a QQ post btw, I accepted death in WvW a long time ago haha. I’ll get more than a few days experience on ranger and hopefully be a challenge myself one day. :>

Attachments:

Just how banana am I.

in WvW

Posted by: Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276

Maybe to make this for both us (FoW) and RoF more bearable we could organize duels and GvG fights. Might be a nice distraction. Anyone interested in organizing something like that? I would really like to duel that Necromancer “Legend” that was coming at us in Dawns yesterday (was it [TaG] guild?).

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Look at how low those server’s rating are. They have NO ONE. Someone has to fight the two servers with no wvw presence at all. Its just your turn this week.

you mean, got a bye? That is fun if it is just 1 hour, not 1 week

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

This scenario has been happening in T9 in EU for months now. This new matchup system should cause more rotation in and out of T9 than previously occurred. The real issue here is that Fissure of Woe and Vabbi are usually facing this sort of problem.

Well now its happening over Multiple random Tiers. The previous system was ’better’but I guess players whining without presenting solutions have to learn the hard way why the previous method was implemented.

This can be fixed by:

A-Combine lower Tier servers and allow free transfers TO them. PvE is almost not affected. The only PvE affected is the karma events in Orr and people are over those by now and would like to unlock the temples instead.
You might as well do it now because the current state will frustrate people who consider WvW end game and they will leave the game and then you will be forced to combine the servers but by then it would be a bit late.

Or

B-Combine lower Tier servers in WvW only and leave PvE seperate. They are able to match up different servers in spvp and can allow guesting so I’m sure this is possible.
Or

C-Remove AOE cap. With the AOE cap and the downed state in wvw, numbers will always beat skill.

Or

D-Matchups according to traffic but this is a weak option as several servers stop going to WvW if they are losing badly.

(edited by XII.9401)

in WvW

Posted by: snowaugar.1823

snowaugar.1823

People on rof dont seem to understand random

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

People on RoF beat the ever living snot outta 2 servers for the last couple of weeks. What the hell does “random” have to do with that? We don’t belong in the trashcan.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: snowaugar.1823

snowaugar.1823

People on RoF beat the ever living snot outta 2 servers for the last couple of weeks. What the hell does “random” have to do with that? We don’t belong in the trashcan.

The new system is random rolls one week you go against a group you roflstomp another you get roflstomped and another its balanced that’s what random hasto do with it get off your pedastle

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

What’s kind of funny is that, basically since week long matches first started, people have been saying “We need to see NA Tier 1 vs EU Tier 1!” That match would be kind of fun probably, but I really think everyone would be better served if we could somehow have NA Tier 9 vs EU Tier 9! Send Eredon’s Terrace to take on FoW & Vabbi, and let Ring of Fire come over to NA and play against Sorrow’s Furnace and HoD!

Disclaimer: Yes, I know there are technical difficulties that prevent NA vs EU, I was just pointing out a fun idea. (^_^)

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

Actually, I doubt it would do good. All of lower tier servers tend to have next to none night coverage. That would mean that most of ppl would be just fighting doors because of different timezones.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: YuGiOh.4906

YuGiOh.4906

This scenario has been happening in T9 in EU for months now. This new matchup system should cause more rotation in and out of T9 than previously occurred. The real issue here is that Fissure of Woe and Vabbi are usually facing this sort of problem.

Then try to help those realms. Its heartbreaking to come online and see we’re outmanned and a zerg waiting outside our respawn.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashan Nefzhen.5092

Ashan Nefzhen.5092

I’m from FoW, and there’s an interesting thing going on here. Reading the forums, I’m hearing complaints about the randomisation being “too much”. Ironically, the problem in the case of RoF/FoW/Vab is that the randomisation actaully isn’t enough.

I get that FoW and Vab are both massively at the bottom, but one of the biggest problems hitting is that the new randomisation system actually wasn’t enough to split FoW and Vab.

When I heard this system was coming in, I was looking forward to having a third team other than vabbi on the books. Sure, it was never going to turn FoW into a premier WvW force or anything, but it’d at least make for hard competition between the two better servers, with the third being FoW or Vabbi actually standing a mediocre chance of picking up scraps and causing a bit of chaos while the other two do “the real fighting”.

A much better system would possibly be splitting the servers into three (probably fuzzy, as 3 into 8 doesn’t go) pools of eight servers, top, mid, low, and randomly dividing the servers up from there. Fuzziness might pull someone from top to mid, or mid to low and vice versa to overcome the problem with numbers,, and Vab/FoW may still get stuck to each other,,, but if I read the maths from the patch notes right, Vab/FoW are too far at the bottom to be ever split up under the new system.

Then try to help those realms. Its heartbreaking to come online and see we’re outmanned and a zerg waiting outside our respawn.

Yeah,, this is the first time I’ve seen people actually camping for prolonged periods,,, most people I know are taking a look and saying “yeah,, no point going in to that” and spending their time farming instead. Those really committed just leave for other servers. Both worsen the situation.

(edited by Ashan Nefzhen.5092)

in WvW

Posted by: Raeyne.5086

Raeyne.5086

We had a bit of a talk about the lower tier scores in the guild the other day. As there are just two servers that lack wvw competition, absorbing the two into each other or other servers would break the multiple of 3 necessary for the matchups.

Although I don’t know the server or systems limitations, a solution would be to absorb the bottom servers into the tier above for the purpose of wvw in reverse proportion. So Vabbi would fight alongside ROF in wvw, woe alongside arborstone, and blacktide alongside whiteside ridge.

The shift in power would most likely accelerate blacktide/whiteside out of the bottom tiers, but should bring Vabbi and woe back into contention. This would also raise those servers wvw morale, and keep the lower ranks more balanced and closer together.

At current their rankings are so low that even with the randomisation, they will both be in the same matchups as each other getting beaten in the same or higher proportions regardless.

Minor edit: As Ashan above me was typing as I was, seems the general idea is a popular one!

Commander Taranius Vier – Guardian
Leucetius Vier – Necromancer | Adiella Vier – Ranger
Proudly representing The Unlikely Plan [TUP] on Aurora Glade.

(edited by Raeyne.5086)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

Look at T3 in NA, That is not WvW. A tick of 400+ all day is not WvW so don’t tell its only T9 in EU. We are Beta testing again. Maybe we never leavy the Beta Test.

in WvW

Posted by: Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276

Look at T3 in NA, That is not WvW. A tick of 400+ all day is not WvW so don’t tell its only T9 in EU. We are Beta testing again. Maybe we never leavy the Beta Test.

only 400+? Man I wish it was like that on T9 EU.

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in WvW

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

@Herr, please stop with this trashcan nonesense. Respect your foe man.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in WvW

Posted by: Taterz.1706

Taterz.1706

We had a bit of a talk about the lower tier scores in the guild the other day. As there are just two servers that lack wvw competition, absorbing the two into each other or other servers would break the multiple of 3 necessary for the matchups.

Although I don’t know the server or systems limitations, a solution would be to absorb the bottom servers into the tier above for the purpose of wvw in reverse proportion. So Vabbi would fight alongside ROF in wvw, woe alongside arborstone, and blacktide alongside whiteside ridge.

The shift in power would most likely accelerate blacktide/whiteside out of the bottom tiers, but should bring Vabbi and woe back into contention. This would also raise those servers wvw morale, and keep the lower ranks more balanced and closer together.

At current their rankings are so low that even with the randomisation, they will both be in the same matchups as each other getting beaten in the same or higher proportions regardless.

Minor edit: As Ashan above me was typing as I was, seems the general idea is a popular one!

I for one would like the idea of merging with Vabbi or FoW. I am a constant WvWer on RoF and i disagree with all the moaning from some of the guys here. I agree we shouldn’t of been put in this tier but hey ho, there’s nothing we can do about it. Many RoF guys know that our server is mainly a PVe server we lack the numbers for constant WvW, and with a serve merge like this it would only help us all in the long run. The thing is how would they do it. WvW only or maybe a full merge!!

I’ve had a lot of good fights with some Vabbi and FoW guys over the past couple of days.

See you on the battlefield

Swisstony – Elementalist
I Swisstony ! – Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/swisstony239

in WvW

Posted by: Zeal.1376

Zeal.1376

Np mate, just merge WSR, Vabbi, FoW & Blacktide. Just call us the Black & White Vabbi of Woe.

We Be Husslin/ Im A Husslah Baby/ El Husslar/ – We Be Chilling –

in WvW

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

Probably the only way we could ever get guilds to transfer here.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I liked one idea I saw, merge each server into one of the servers above. Like Vabbi goes to RoF, WSR got FoW, and Arb gets Blacktide..just something like that.

Of course those players may not like that idea because since they’re still there you know they have a lot of server pride.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in WvW

Hamham.7504

Np mate, just merge WSR, Vabbi, FoW & Blacktide. Just call us the Black & White Vabbi of Woe.

Best server name ever.

Just how banana am I.

in WvW

Posted by: soulsugger.5726

soulsugger.5726

Royce Melborn.3276
Maybe to make this for both us (FoW) and RoF more bearable we could organize duels and GvG fights. Might be a nice distraction. Anyone interested in organizing something like that? I would really like to duel that Necromancer “Legend” that was coming at us in Dawns yesterday (was it [TaG] guild?).

Ur request has been accepted for some awesome 1vs1 or whatever duels at 6gmt today! bring ur friends at vabbi bl at mill hopefully we have some good fights.

Greetings,

Guild – Almost Harmless
Server – Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by soulsugger.5726)

in WvW

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

You should be moaning more than us, ANet promised you variety too.
they should have put FoW and Vabbi in other tiers, now Tier 9 stays the same.

But we know there is no way they can make the servers fair, if we weren’t with FoW we’d have 2 zergs taking our stuff, i’ve gotten used too FoW they are like our slightly bigger brother! One day we may stand a chance but until then we’ll continue too have fun trying our hardest

im FOW, i love you little brother xD
i agree with what your saying, the idiots from ROF are terrible they just have numbers, we have about 40 ppl on FOW at once at most at peak time, me and my group have taken towers from rof zergs.

You see vabbi and fow have always had low numbers so we are rather skilled in small scale battles.

oh and to the rof major that was protecting the camp with your guild zerg, i hope every single one of you enjoyed your graveyard visit after getting beaten 10 – 1

Sincerly
Warlock looking mesmer at ruins

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in WvW

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

to solve the issue of unfair numbered battles i dont see why we cant cap the population at the lower teams numbers, meaning
FOW – 50ppl
Vabbi – 67
ROF – 100

make the cap go to 50, this way it is 100 percent fair

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Well, what the hell. I have 4 accounts. I’m going to put one on Vabbi or FoW.

From what I understand Vabbi is in the worst place right now?

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Hamham.7504

Royce Melborn.3276

Ur request has been accepted for some awesome 1vs1 or whatever duels at 6gmt today! bring ur friends at vabbi bl at mill hopefully we have some good fights.

Greetings,

I’m very much looking forward to learning and having fun! :>That’s 7BST right? I’ll probably be there earlier anyway to sit around and look pretty.

Edit: For EFWinters, Vabbi has the least population, but I when I see them they ‘feel’ more organised. I stick to my own BL mostly, so only my opinion of course.

Just how banana am I.

(edited by Hamham.7504)