UW-Dzagonur-RoS (Round 3)

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Once again Krosan comes butting into things he doesn’t know anything about or don’t concern him spouting more bullkitten.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Daddydeath.9371

Daddydeath.9371

@uhindo.4731 i wasnt whining, just showing how ppl abuse the buff.

@Ilesyt.7084 idd its easy 2 take out but gets tricky when u r logged at eb alone, it got counter trebbed tho

Commander Soul Stone I
Guild leader of Gorillas On Drugs (APE)

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Nice paint on SM there

PS, it was only 30 of us :p

Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Ilesyt.7084)

in WvW

Daddydeath.9371

i thought u gave up on eb, sneaky, still check for mesmers next time, had fun porting our zerg in

Commander Soul Stone I

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Nice paint on SM there

PS, it was only 30 of us :p

I have to agree, green suits SM very well.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Daddydeath.9371

ps we only had around 10 ppl at the time

Commander Soul Stone I

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Was too busy porting back to kick germans out of our borderlands.

The reason I’m mentioning numbers was because apparently some people whispered the angry commander “wtf, i thought RoS was dead”.

Oh and that was pretty much our whole force we have left lol.

Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Ilesyt.7084)

in WvW

Posted by: MonkeyBullet.8715

MonkeyBullet.8715

I don’t understand the argument about going for the weaker target…
Surely its up to either server who they want to go for. If the gain is 200 / 100 / 20 for example, I don’t see the crime in the 100 gain server finishing off the 20, or focusing on them to scrape as many points as they can. If theres a massive difference in class between servers, thats the matchup system to blame, not the commanders tactics? If theres free points to be won, I know i’d take them lol.

I think ilesyt is complaining because he RoS isn’t getting any slack despite being bottom for an age. But hey, its part of the game. RoF hasn’t been zipping up the ranks since day one either, but we stuck with it too..

Hawkeii – Guild Leader + Commander of I C O N I C [ICON]
Once a Roffy, always a Roffy

in WvW

Posted by: Uruzet.1723

Uruzet.1723

Was a great fight today we had with Dzagonur!
Going to miss fighting you guys, if we move up a tier
If anything is like this week though, think I’m going to have to invest in a larger inventory..

Cheers!

Regards – Uruga Adamant (Guardian)/Uazet (Warrior)

Attachments:

Uruzet
Officer of the WvW guild – Swords of Underworld [SWD]
www.swordsofunderworld.com

in WvW

Posted by: Baelnorn.5710

Baelnorn.5710

Surely its up to either server who they want to go for. If the gain is 200 / 100 / 20 for example, I don’t see the crime in the 100 gain server finishing off the 20, or focusing on them to scrape as many points as they can. If theres a massive difference in class between servers, thats the matchup system to blame, not the commanders tactics? If theres free points to be won, I know i’d take them lol.

The problem is that winning against a weaker opponent doesn’t necessarily improve the glicko rating of your server. Glicko takes into account the rating of your opponent, and the higher the rating difference between you and the other server is the higher you need to win by or you actually start losing points.

Just take a look at http://mos.millenium.org/matchups and you’ll see that despite Dzag coming in 2nd they still lose 6 rating points. This is because the point difference to RoS is too little to prevent point loss and the point difference to UW is far too high to prevent point loss.

If Dzag keeps this tactic up they are in for a rude awakening. Abaddon’s Mouth has about 150 more rating points and Ring of Fire has 60 points less (compare that to the current match’s differences: Underworld has only 80 points more and Ruins of Surmia only 30 points less). This means (at least as far as I understand Glicko2) that if Dzag came in 2nd place next week with a similar point distribution they’d lose rating points again, since the 3rd placed server is even weaker than RoS (thus winning against them yields only very little points) and they didn’t shave enough points off the stronger server.

It’s basically the same as with guarding camps and towers – do you want personal gain or benefit the server? If you want personal gain you join the karma-train herpzerg (respectively focus on the weaker server to gain kills/loot/humiliate your opponents). If you want to benefit the server you guard camps and towers (respectively focus on the stronger server).

(edited by Baelnorn.5710)

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

The problem is that winning against a weaker opponent doesn’t necessarily improve the glicko rating of your server. Glicko takes into account the rating of your opponent, and the higher the rating difference between you and the other server is the higher you need to win by or you actually start losing points.

Just take a look at http://mos.millenium.org/matchups and you’ll see that despite Dzag coming in 2nd they still lose 6 rating points. This is because the point difference to RoS is too little to prevent point loss and the point difference to UW is far too high to prevent point loss.

If Dzag keeps this tactic up they are in for a rude awakening. Abaddon’s Mouth has about 150 more rating points and Ring of Fire has 60 points less (compare that to the current match’s differences: Underworld has only 80 points more and Ruins of Surmia only 30 points less). This means (at least as far as I understand Glicko2) that if Dzag came in 2nd place next week with a similar point distribution they’d lose rating points again, since the 3rd placed server is even weaker than RoS (thus winning against them yields only very little points) and they didn’t shave enough points off the stronger server.

It’s basically the same as with guarding camps and towers – do you want personal gain or benefit the server? If you want personal gain you join the karma-train herpzerg (respectively focus on the weaker server to gain kills/loot/humiliate your opponents). If you want to benefit the server you guard camps and towers (respectively focus on the stronger server).

This is exactly how it is.

Also if the second strongest focus on the weakest then you give the strongest more freedom to do things, giving them more opportunity to attack your and the weakest persons things, thus putting yourself in even more of a disadvantage.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Well, at this rate UW will be going 2 tiers up and face our previous long term rivals at Far Shiverpeaks. I’m actually really looking forward to that and I’m hoping the ratings won’t change in a way to prevent this. I’m also hoping we’ve improved enough to give them a decent challenge, 2 tiers is a big difference after all.

I think RoS will find its place in t8, you guys should be fine there with the dedicated guilds you have left. It’s been hard for you this week so it’ll probably be a nice change of pace.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: MonkeyBullet.8715

MonkeyBullet.8715

It’s a very good point, and I agree in a sense. but points are ponts no matter if they come from the weaker server or the strongest server. so i suppose a certain commander may think, ok…well…its clear we arent going to win this week, i think ill focus on the weakest server to stop their gain completely and put as many points between us and then to make our server rank points stay the same, if not, gain a bit more. If the weakest server has 30k points to 200k and 300k, even if they were bottom tier for a month, they would NOT gain points, neither would he 1st and 2nd place servers lose any.

But I suppose what I was getting at was perhaps the commanders picking on he weakest shouldn’t be called cowardly or idiots on forums, just informed of the post above sooner :P

The issue that you have is that there is never any truce between servers, neither should there be. Another problem, that I can see happening is that during the reset, it’s anyone’s game. But later during the week when it’s clear who is winning, the weakest server will often focus on the server in 2nd place in the hope of taking it off them. Whilst the strongest server will also hit the server in second place because they are he biggest threat. So I suppose it’s not hard for a commander to decide if they are getting focused, they need to scrape as man points as the can. It depends on the situation and what numbers you have in comparison to theirs.

Hawkeii – Guild Leader + Commander of I C O N I C [ICON]
Once a Roffy, always a Roffy

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Hey Underworld, us (GH) and FsP have started having post match meets to get to know each other and have a bit of banter after out matchups. We will be having one in Hoelbrek at 8pm GMT+0 and GH server. We would all really like it if Underworld would guest to us and join in as a pre match meet. Just turn up around that time and bring boxes of fun!

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: DamnThoseNames.8791

DamnThoseNames.8791

Hey Underworld, us (GH) and FsP have started having post match meets to get to know each other and have a bit of banter after out matchups. We will be having one in Hoelbrek at 8pm GMT+0 and GH server. We would all really like it if Underworld would guest to us and join in as a pre match meet. Just turn up around that time and bring boxes of fun!

I’ll be there! \o/

Periflor – Mesmer
Cilag – Gaurdian
[RAIN] Wolfs Rain

in WvW

Okaishi.8320

I’d like to be there as well. But keep in mind that Fort Ranik might actually take our spot if they keep increasing their lead on Miller’s Sound and Abaddon’s Mouth. Though I would much prefer to be in the tier with you guys, I’ve been reading your forum topics (they are civil and pretty interesting imo :P) and I like to post every in such a topic every now and then as well. Which is why I don’t really want to be in a tier with the two German servers, FR/AM/MS doesn’t even have a topic, or not any I’m aware of atleast.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Amber.8193

Amber.8193

Aw and thanks a lot for the fun (and badges) RoS and Dzag! Can’t wait to see Underworld potential in higher tier weeee!

(edited by Amber.8193)

in WvW

Posted by: Flamey.1430

Flamey.1430

Pah, Can’t believe I’m stuck on a boat and missing all this action, especially the upcoming, possibly 2 Tier raising reset!! Kitten in a basket I’m not happy!

Missus Balls – Guardian
[SLAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

That was fun on UW BL south supply against you two ÄÄ thiefs and the gum guys and the one staff ele from i forgot the guild ^^

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=BE&v=CduA0TULnow
I thought your garrison needed a new paintjob Oh and nice try going for our garr :p

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Okaishi.8320

Well, you did manage to hold it for the tick after all. I suppose congratulations are in order for adding those 25 points to your score!

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Point ticks ? who cares about that ? :p

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Greetings people from Underworld,
Sry that I stalk your thread, but just wanted to say that FSP is looking forward
for the new match up. We will try to give you a nice welcome in tier 5 and cant wait to see how you guys improved.

See you on the battlefield!

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in WvW

Posted by: Enocka.7421

Enocka.7421

tbh ill be glad to see the back of ROS whining one moment and then giving it large the next with pics about how they took a keep on a bl with no people on it good on ya. btw you lost all your waypoints tonite waited for you to go to bed 2 golems 3 catas goodbye hills bay and garrison. will be nice spending most of the last day on ros come join us DZ then we can make it official that we pick on llesyt and ROS borderlands

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

AHAHAHAHAAH You want to talk about Taking empty keeps ? YOU ? UW ? You have been doing that every single freaking night.
Meanwhile i took your keep during primetime, if there were no people then that’s your own fault. You can NOT blame me if you didn’t have people there during primetime.
What you said sounds more like whining Enocka.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Dear all. Please do not judge all ROS players on a few self obsessed individuals. We are not all like that

For me, the fun part about this thread is that I know the Blacktide and Whiteside Ridge players have been reading it, and now they know exactly how to beat Surmia. They’re going to move into the Surmia borderland tonight and make themselves at home.

Some time tomorrow afternoon Ilyset will be back here on the forum complaining about how unfair this is. By about late Monday or early Tuesday morning he’ll be threatening to take his ball and go home.

If Arborstone could bootstrap themselves they would be out of the death zone in a couple of weeks.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Klugnut.2463

Klugnut.2463

Oops I deleted my post lol. Here it is…

Dear all. Please do not judge all ROS players on a few self obsessed individuals. We are not all like that

To be fair, the “whinners” have been a lot better in game. Good fun to run with actually. Just a shame that they let themselves down on here sometimes

Some random noob

in WvW

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

PSS. If someone wants some duel stuff or small scale PvP stuff just for fun, you can always contact me and lets see what happens

Also I think Nubu from BNF is trying to scratch up a duel evening on friday, but haven’t seen him post here so I don’t know his tag.

Now u Know ! And yes im trying to organize some small scale action on friday.
If someone is interested , pls pm me .

/push

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in WvW

Posted by: itsmee.7536

itsmee.7536

While it is not fun to be on the losing side, I still found this matchup entertaining. Frankly there is just non-stop action all the time on RoS, and that’s what we want from WvW. Granted we can’t hold keeps for long or have good fights in the open, but we can always try to ninja or put pressure on one server that is busy dealing with the other.

I would like to thank you all for these good times, and wish you all to continue having fun in whichever tier you end up in.

P.S: props to the AA thief that continued to contest our garrison on Tuesday, took a lot of effort to kill him.

Dijla – Charr Warrior
[GoA] Guardians of Arcane – Officer
Ruins of Surmia – Commander

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Shush Dijla, stop ruining our reputation, They’ll start thinking we’re actually nice.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: itsmee.7536

itsmee.7536

oops, i totally forgot!!

Dijla – Charr Warrior
[GoA] Guardians of Arcane – Officer
Ruins of Surmia – Commander

in WvW

Okaishi.8320

Probably as much as we cared for losing the keep for such a short duration in the first place. But to be honest, it stings a little and you do manage to grab our attention, which is probably all the reason you need.

Don’t complain about us and Dzagonur focusing on you though, because whenever we do go for the Germans we can expect RoS doing something annoying like that, so I feel it’s better to just stick to you guys in the first place.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Don’t complain about us and Dzagonur focusing on you though, because whenever we do go for the Germans we can expect RoS doing something annoying like that, so I feel it’s better to just stick to you guys in the first place.

That’s cause we’re not afraid of lashbacks

I went there right after the 3-4 hour long 60-70 man kitten siege you had going at bay.

And well as soon as we took you guys off the germans, the germans focused on us too on EB -_-

It was fun fighting UW, Can’t say the same about Dzagonur…

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Okaishi.8320

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention how we handle decoration at GuM:

Attachments:

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

To the DZ in Uw bl at Hero, nice placement of Balista & an arrow cart.

Can I ask though, once set up & a few of us UW charged the lot of you, why didn`t you even fire off one shot? lol

Was a fun evening though.

Also to the RoS at Faith (or similar name) in their zone, sorry we (Ele & Guardian) farmed you but we only came for the daily Dolyaks & you did hit us first

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

/bow @ GuM nice guys , it was me a pleasure !

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in WvW

Okaishi.8320

Thanks for the awesome duels, it was fun! I’m hoping we learned a bit from it as well :P

I wish both RoS and Dzagonur good luck in their next matchups, and maybe we’ll meet again in the future

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

NOOOO UW you let FR beat you to tier 5!

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: Corvus.3728

Corvus.3728

Thank you RoS and Dzagonur for the awesome battles. I really enjoyed these 3 weeks that we have been matched up against each other.

To Dzagonur: Well done! You showed us that you do not tolerate defenseless keeps and that u especially have no remorse taking them. Also thnx for the battles we had round 3 which made our guilds cooperate a lot more!

To Ruins of Surmia: You earned my respect these match-up! Even when u think RoS will be a lot weaker since WIC and XT left, you guys still showed us nice resistance. I really hope u guys get back up to the same level that u guys were with XT and WIC. For my oppinion your server does not deserve the help of 2 guilds that quit when they lose a couple of times. I think guilds like HP/Dex/GoA/etc are the ones that should earn all of the credit for these 3 weeks, because no matter how hard our pressure was on your border u always kept defending and kept your heads up! I wish you all good luck the next coming match ups

PS: Angry Commander , I expect you to golem rush the next match up 24/7!

Never stop improving!

in WvW

Posted by: Sajuuk.6420

Sajuuk.6420

I too would like to thank everyone Even tho the fourms did not have the most friendly of posts it was a interesting match up! I wish the very best of luck to both Dzagonur and Underworld to matchups ahead and hope to meet you guys again :P Maybe oneday in T7 :P and a special thanks to the few who joined us on teamspeak for the last hr or so of the match up…

Oh and to that one guardian that never finshed the duel with me… the next time we meet i wont be so tanky!

The Angry Commander

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

I declare this matchup officially over. I’m gonna miss collecting all those lootbags.

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

I declare this matchup officially over. I’m gonna miss collecting all those lootbags.

You guys actually made my week in WvW a profitable one, wheee!

Thanks for all the fun moments and boasting in the forums. It was fun to beat and be beated all these weeks.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: Nozdormu.4352

Nozdormu.4352

I too would like to thank everyone Even tho the fourms did not have the most friendly of posts it was a interesting match up! I wish the very best of luck to both Dzagonur and Underworld to matchups ahead and hope to meet you guys again :P Maybe oneday in T7 :P and a special thanks to the few who joined us on teamspeak for the last hr or so of the match up…

Oh and to that one guardian that never finshed the duel with me… the next time we meet i wont be so tanky!

Don’t worry, we’ll meet again. If we start the next fight at reset, we might have enough time in the matchup. If not, I’ll be leading the zerg charging into you

Guildless
Charr Guardian
47k kills and counting