Update: No WvW Rating Reset

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

The only thing that saddens me is that it is possible for two! servers each to come to server-wide agreement to throw this week’s fight so they have easy start and get advantage points-wise by fighting weaker opponents after reset.

Just take a look at EU T1:
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

/facepalm

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Lebannen.8325

Lebannen.8325

Gentlemen, the answer is simple for me. If I have to play and lose by 330k to SoR for one more week. I will simple uninstall the game and seek a refund.

Considering that I played another game with a 3 ‘realm’ mass combat system. I know what this new ranking will do if not implemented and monitored for score fixing cough SoR cough

It will alienate a large portion of the underpopulated servers which will most likely cause them to quit. This being such a new game, that will be the killer stroke because many people arent quite invested emotionally yet. This is a tricky business decision, I agree with so many others that at least a 3 day scoring system should be set up and every time the score resets an additional day should be added until 7 days. This way the fights can even out and gentle balance off, without such a steep dropoff.

in WvW

Posted by: Lebannen.8325

Lebannen.8325

Also, I believe the Anet developers have the same problem as Mythic Entertainment. They select and choose what forum posts and tests that they believe. This is coming from someone who was on the inside of balance discussions.

The scoring should be based (and capped) by the least amount available. If Server A and B have wanting to participate in WvW and Server C has 300, then the amount of Servers A and B should match Server C at 300 each. It also eliminates the Outmanned buff. Which does nothing to actually help being outmanned. What good is 33% experience when you are getting jammed up at 5-6:1 ratio?

This way, take the numbers element out of it. Then it relies on ‘tic-tacs’ and a bunch of people who have spent 100g on a blue arrow pointing over their heads.

The jumping puzzle:

In the middle of a hard fight, beating on the doors you will get this: “hay guise, ne mezmr near JP? I need it bad lolz”

Then…the spam begins, every thing in Chat, Team, Say everything. You say ignore it? then what happens when everyone else is telling him to shut it? Am I supposed to ignore everybody? I think I already have blocked close to 100 people. On SBI, that was 3/4 of the entire WvW population.

The jumping puzzle should be controlled by whoever controls their borderlands and have a majority overall score that is attained by the Eternal or other realms Borderlands.

WvW isnt for PvE completionist. Participate to reap the rewards, not ride the coattails of us who get throttled daily.

in WvW

Posted by: Grischu.3869

Grischu.3869

The only thing that saddens me is that it is possible for two! servers each to come to server-wide agreement to throw this week’s fight so they have easy start and get advantage points-wise by fighting weaker opponents after reset.

/facepalm

Was strange yesterday. SFR open the tower, waits for elona, wave and move away without taking the tower……

Grischu – Wächter 80 / Ertiki – Necromancer 80 / Risana Mortis – Messmer 80
Good old Days [GD] Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Lockon.5312

Lockon.5312

This is going to be crappy…

in WvW

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

A bit strange. Our server for example did not play a lot of WvW last weekend to get rid of people only coming to our server because we were doing good in WvW. As soon as free transfers were gone real playing started again and we have moved from 3th place to second place (in our tier), have had the highest income almost all the time but the total score will of course be lower because we basically mis 3 days. At the current score that would mean we would drop down 3 places while we should normally stay at the same place.

And how about the 2 weeks matches? Are they still coming? And will the WvW fixes then also come? They can also change a lot. Will guilds have more influence in WvW (like when they capture things) because also that will change a lot.

in WvW

Posted by: Anarkist Reese.6291

Anarkist Reese.6291

Dear the rest of servers of WvW,

I look forward to battling every last one of you

Sincerely,
Tier 1

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

This, again much life transfers, should be announced at the last minute. There ARE a lot of screwball servers out there that have the first thought on every announcement is how they can exploit it.

That said hope it all helps the balance. As some have said mid tiers have been the ones to really get terrible broken matches and we’re waiting for that to end.

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

The most simple way to balance match-ups would probably be to make the first place servers npcs within a given tier worth more points if you kill them until wednesday.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Now that easy server transfers are no longer possible it seems reasonable to do a reset. It doesn’t decrease the enjoyable experiences I’ve had in past WvW fight or the xp I gained in them.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out now that people have picked their real servers.

WvW isnt for PvE completionist. Participate to reap the rewards, not ride the coattails of us who get throttled daily.

On this I have to agree. I really dislike the mixing of PvE and PvP goals. ArenaNet has successfully mixed PvE content in WvW but that is because the goal is still focused on PvP.

Achievements like the jumping puzzles are content with goals that are PvE focused and I agree that they should remain in PvE zones.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I think the reset and whatever changes to the math are much needed as long they have in mind actually works, but it will take some weeks to stabilize at all it could make for some boring weeks this week has already been quite boring due to tier/server imbalances.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i wouldn’t mind points reset once every 3 months…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Didnt see any points in the any resets.

Only a chance for bad servers to be a bit upper, but in the short time they will going down of the table anyway...

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: zombieCHAS.7193

zombieCHAS.7193

Didnt see any points in the any resets.

Only a chance for bad servers to be a bit upper, but in the short time they will going down of the table anyway…

Completely agree with this. People, there is a reason why servers are ranked & its because those servers are better than yours. Plain and simple. The system works! Nothing needs to be fixed and its ridiculous people believe it doesn’t work. That’s why some servers are “hardcore”, some are “rp”, and some are casual. The largest servers will almost always be the “hardcore” ones and those servers will almost always easily"defeat" the less populated, less dedicated player base.

SBI was tier 2, now they are expected to drop to tier 4 and its not b/c the system is broken. Its b/c it works. Half their WV3 population left, it showed as they started to get rolled and now they will be dropped to a expected level of play in Tier4. How can you people say the system is not working?

zombieCHAS – Asura Mesmer
SoR – Sinister Swarm (SIN)
www.sinisterswarm.com

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

SBI was tier 2, now they are expected to drop to tier 4 and its not b/c the system is broken. Its b/c it works. Half their WV3 population left, it showed as they started to get rolled and now they will be dropped to a expected level of play in Tier4. How can you people say the system is not working?

I don’t think the reset is because the system doesn’t work, it’s because the system doesn’t work as intended. The reset is because the system has flaws that they want to correct and improve upon, and your own example of SBI is a good reason for it.

Anet has no delusions that this reset will be clean, but the long term health of their ranking system is worth a short term mess. The end of free transfers is the perfect time for them to do it.

in WvW

Posted by: mate.9048

mate.9048

/facepalm

Was strange yesterday. SFR open the tower, waits for elona, wave and move away without taking the tower……

This is because we want to lose this week but we can’t because leona also wanted to lose..

Kalaap-lvl 80 Human Elementalist
Seafarer’s Rest
Barátság Hösei [BH](Hungarian Guild ^^)

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Gentlemen, the answer is simple for me. If I have to play and lose by 330k to SoR for one more week. I will simple uninstall the game and seek a refund.

Considering that I played another game with a 3 ‘realm’ mass combat system. I know what this new ranking will do if not implemented and monitored for score fixing cough SoR cough

If SOR was score fixing as you are complaining about, they did a horrible job judging by the scores the past two weeks. I understand where you are coming from though with losing by a huge margin despite being competitive during prime time. Been there and done that for months. Sorry bro

in WvW

covenn.7165

Then we did have to slowly work back up, and it gave us the time we needed to ground out our guild base, get organized, recruit, train, gear up. When we did make it into Tier 1 (most SBI transfers happened after they went to Tier 2, we were not handed our spot because they died while still in Tier 1) things were pretty tough on us, even though we were blowing out Tier 2 the very week before (although we still went up in rating).

To those not fighting in Tier 1, it is a different game, and I’m not talking about coverage. Even in the last two weeks, the meta changed again, I’m not going to go into specifics, but things are played a little differently in Tier 1 than in Tier 2 and it did take BG a couple of weeks to adjust.

As for myself, I was really hoping we could edge out SOS so we could fight SOR this week, even with their new henchmen, and see if bandwagon or trial by fire prevails, but it looks like that isn’t going to happen for awhile and who knows what our servers will look like when we do happen to match up again.

So let me see if I have this straight. You are calling SOR a bandwagon server despite the fact they they fought BG for over 2 months and kept it close mostly despite lacking the coverage of BG. Saying this despite the fact that SOR lost some of their coverage to BG during that matchup with BG.

However, your numbers came from careful cultivation and server reputation, but SOR’s came from bandwagons. You are saying you earned your place in T1 despite the fact that you fought for weeks against a server that couldn’t field 20 people during oceanic hours, yet still took that long to advance to T1. Then when you actually have to fight people instead of empty borderlands, you last all of a couple of weeks. Then you say that SOR didn’t earn there way there?

Is this what you are saying in entirety? Just want to make sure I have it correct and didnt miss anything.

in WvW

covenn.7165

Its amazing to me that the biggest complainers of this move is SOR, when they are the ones exploiting the rating to jump straight into near 1st position without ever having to face a tier 1 server. Ah, well actually it doesn’t amaze me at all.

The SOR jump in rating is the reason they are reseting the points. They are out of whack and the system needs tuning, the result of SoR gaining so much rating in three weeks is evidence of this. BG earned its T1 spot after 8 weeks of hard hard week by week fighting to get to where we did. SoR now has the chance to do the same and earn their T1 spot instead of rocketing by pvdooring a dead server with a high rating.

BG did it, are you afraid to put in the work to earn it? You should be pleased, if you do get to Tier 1, it will be because you earned it, not because your killing siege raiser over and over and over again.

Wait a minute. I see what you are doing here. For over 8 weeks BG fought SoR when that server could not even field 20 people across all borderlands during oceanic hours. NA players were logging out at night after thoroughly dominating the borderlands, ticking away at 400 on many nights, only to see scores posts in the middle of the next day with them ticking away at 40 and BG at 600+.

How exactly is SORs PvDoor any different than the PvDoor that BG did for weeks? Please explain. Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Zanaraxtarus.3954

Zanaraxtarus.3954

Do so few people really understand that “bad for now” is perfectly acceptable if it means “better in the long run”??
Sure, things aren’t perfect, things are exploitable, things may be imbalanced, etc… but really, if something will help maintain the viability of the game for a longer period of time, isn’t it perfectly reasonable to put up with a little short-term inconvenience/imbalance/drop in “fun” ?
I’d MUCH rather be inconvenienced for a bit so that something can be tweaked than be placated in the short term knowing that in the long run everything will fall apart.

-Zan-

in WvW

Posted by: Zanaraxtarus.3954

Zanaraxtarus.3954

Its amazing to me that the biggest complainers of this move is SOR, when they are the ones exploiting the rating to jump straight into near 1st position without ever having to face a tier 1 server. Ah, well actually it doesn’t amaze me at all.

The SOR jump in rating is the reason they are reseting the points. They are out of whack and the system needs tuning, the result of SoR gaining so much rating in three weeks is evidence of this. BG earned its T1 spot after 8 weeks of hard hard week by week fighting to get to where we did. SoR now has the chance to do the same and earn their T1 spot instead of rocketing by pvdooring a dead server with a high rating.

BG did it, are you afraid to put in the work to earn it? You should be pleased, if you do get to Tier 1, it will be because you earned it, not because your killing siege raiser over and over and over again.

Wait a minute. I see what you are doing here. For over 8 weeks BG fought SoR when that server could not even field 20 people across all borderlands during oceanic hours. NA players were logging out at night after thoroughly dominating the borderlands, ticking away at 400 on many nights, only to see scores posts in the middle of the next day with them ticking away at 40 and BG at 600+.

How exactly is SORs PvDoor any different than the PvDoor that BG did for weeks? Please explain. Thanks

The difference is the poster isn’t on SoR
Seriously though, I’ve read MANY complaints on this forum and have been almost stunned (I say “almost” because I know human nature too well for it to be a complete shock) to see how many people are guilty of being incredibly myopic… It seems a LARGE percentage of people (on every side) either have no ability to or no desire to see anything from any point of view other than their own…

I wish “free speech” only applied to people who were willing and able to see multiple sides of the discussion*…

-Zan-

*General life viewpoint, not specific to GW2 or gaming as a whole…

in WvW

Posted by: Roy.7405

Roy.7405

So is the formula for ratings going to be updated during the same week as the ratings reset? I reread the Anet posts and although they said they were going to change the formula, they never explicitly said when.

in WvW

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

So is the formula for ratings going to be updated during the same week as the ratings reset? I reread the Anet posts and although they said they were going to change the formula, they never explicitly said when.

Additionally, we’re taking advantage of the reset to revisit some of the math behind the ratings. I’ll have more to post on that once we’ve crunched some numbers and made some decisions.

I think thats explicit ;-)

it was written…

in WvW

Posted by: Annesse.1398

Annesse.1398

Yaks Bend WvW is largly made up of "Casual PvX players lead by a core of very very able hard core WvWers. When things in WvW get too depressing the PvX ers just go level another Character in PvE for a while!!! (or play another new game)

For the last 4 weeks Yaks Bend has been getting PvDoored by the big winners in the last call before “end of Free Transfers (EoFT)” mobs of DB, Mag, and Kain.

Next week those 3 will meet up making for a very interesting/even match. All 3 have very even coverage across the day. Yaks proved that we can match at reset but not for the whole 24 hrs. My gut tells me that Yaks hasn’t lost players to other servers but we have had many of our WvW players get sick of being PvDoored and not bother turning up for most of the last 3-4 weeks. Being spawn camped almost 24/7 by Kain hasn’t been fun and only the most hardcore WvWers have been turning up.

At the same time as we have been meeting the very fast climbing winners we have been also meeting the equally fast dropping losers of the EoFT lottery, IoJ, CD and Emery. with many of our PvX casuals deciding not to WvW (or even GW2 at all) it has essentially made T4 each of the last 4 weeks “almost” 1V1. Where Yaks Bend has lost out each week is in not having sufficient 24/7 coverage….having to reclaim greenwashed maps against equally matched servers in our NA prime has been slow and the points have ticked away to the dominant non NA-prime server almost 24/7.
this comming week I think the matchups are where they should be! After that they willl be back to being so stuffed up for several (up to 10) resets that it will again not be fun in WvW and our casual PvX players will simply stay away. Alot will not only stay away from WvW but GW2 altogether ………….Maybe even permanently !!!!

Annesse Devine [BOLD]
Mesmer
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

After that they willl be back to being so stuffed up for several (up to 10) resets that it will again not be fun in WvW and our casual PvX players will simply stay away. Alot will not only stay away from WvW but GW2 altogether ………….Maybe even permanently !!!!

Yes I’d really like a response from anet on the fact that this is a probable effect of the proposed reset and that there will likely be unbalanced matchups for 2-4 weeks while the system gets back to equilibrium, which is too long. Honestly I don’t think anet realise how long a week really is and the effect on players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

So much complaining on this thread… I bet within a month everything will settle back to normal so who cares, it’s a game, and sometimes it’s fun to see different competition, even if that competition is way better or way worse than you are.

Besides, how nice it will be for Sorrows Furnace or Ferguson’s Crossing to get a week or two in a higher tier before they’re right back down to tier 7 for the rest of eternity… or what if it actually get’s some PvE’ers from those lower ranked servers to start WvW; “holy crap, my server is in tier 1??? Maybe I should stop chaining events in Orr and go do that WvW thing?!?”

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

So much complaining on this thread… I bet within a month everything will settle back to normal so who cares, it’s a game, and sometimes it’s fun to see different competition, even if that competition is way better or way worse than you are.

Besides, how nice it will be for Sorrows Furnace or Ferguson’s Crossing to get a week or two in a higher tier before they’re right back down to tier 7 for the rest of eternity… or what if it actually get’s some PvE’ers from those lower ranked servers to start WvW; “holy crap, my server is in tier 1??? Maybe I should stop chaining events in Orr and go do that WvW thing?!?”

Speak for yourself. Why don’t you come down here and help us fight? I like my tier down in Fergs. Sorrows is the only one who can really complain. They are stuck here where they clearly don’t belong.
How fun will tier 1 be for either of us? Oh, cool. We are getting spawn camped again guys. Good think we ended up in a high tier.
How about those PvEers. I’m sure they will love their taste of WvW. Not the relatively balanced taste. No, we would like them to have a big bowl of roflstomping.
Good idea.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Annesse.1398

Annesse.1398

Easy to say coming from one of the ROLFSTOMPING servers!!!! Try being on the receiving end week after week after week!!
Having to put up with being ganked, spawn camped and Greenwashed week after week after week will only serve to put people off playing GW2. Yaks might get a week off from it this week ….but it will be S.N.A.F.U. after that for several weeks to come as the top tier servers (from close tight matches) climb back up the ranks!

Do you seriously suggest that any of the current T1 or T2 Servers will proudly proclaim they love being T7 or T8????
To alot of players it is not about which Tier you are in but the quality of the match. A hard fought close match at T4,5,6,7,8 is way more enjoyable than the high pressure T1/2/3 matches anyday

Annesse Devine [BOLD]
Mesmer
Yaks Bend

(edited by Annesse.1398)

in WvW

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

The amount of QQing on this thread is ridiculous. It seems like everyone is saying “I transferred to a Tier 1/2/3 server so I could be in Tier 1/2/3! Now I won’t be in Tier 1/2/3 anymore! WAHHHHH!!!”

I’m going to enjoy the matchup change. A lot. For reference, I’m Tier 6. We have great matches. Still, it’ll be good to face other servers. I swear, we’ve been playing BP/AR for so long that I almost know what our opponents are going to do just based on which guild tags show up.

Inir [CAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Uriel Saintclair.6345

Uriel Saintclair.6345

SoR fought in tier 2 for 13 weeks now we get to tier 1 and we get shafted good stuff KTHXBAI /rant

Thieve’s spam heartseeker on my sanctuary.
Guild: None Mercenary
SoR since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

So according to the matchup site (which has reset all the server ratings to 1500 in preparation for the actual reset), it currently has the winners of tiers 5, 7 and 8 as the new tier 1. So, Sorrows Furnace will go to tier 1 because they’re winning by a significant amount in tier 8…. meanwhile JQ is 2nd in tier 1 so they will be in tier 5… yeahhhh… so this has got to be most idiotic idea I’ve ever heard. I honestly can’t think of a better way to make next weeks matchups MORE unbalanced… good job I guess?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The amount of QQing on this thread is ridiculous. It seems like everyone is saying “I transferred to a Tier 1/2/3 server so I could be in Tier 1/2/3! Now I won’t be in Tier 1/2/3 anymore! WAHHHHH!!!”

Er no, that is a complete mischaracterisation of the argument. Which is it will create completely unbalanced matchups for the next 3-4 weeks probably.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

SoR fought in tier 2 for 13 weeks now we get to tier 1

11 weeks.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Kvitoq.9154

Kvitoq.9154

Resetting the ratings really was a bad idea. Look at the projected rankings of next week. T1 will compose of a previous T6, T8 and T9 server, as they have little or no opposition. The current T1 servers will end up in T2, T5 and T8. No T2 server will rank higher than T5 next week.
This can’t be the intention? This will take months of lobsided matches before this stabilizes again.

Also while I’m at it I want to throw my vote in with the “winner goes up loser goes down” idea. The matches would be a lot less stale this way.

in WvW

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

@Kvitoq: You did read the warnings in the header of the site you link to? To quote:
ANet has not yet announced the math so the site will use the old formula and the ‘next matchup table’ may be innacurate.
Without knowing the correct math the prediction of the match up for next week will be difficult. Besides, saying anything about the match up for next week after playing for only 12 hours this week is insane. When I first logged in this morning Piken Square was one of those 3 best worlds in the first tier. A few hours later we are already down to the second tier.

I suggest we wait a few days. First of all for an explanation of the new math and secondly to see how the current match ups will proceed.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

Just when all of us on Kaineng thought the days of Pvdoor would come to an end.
The servers get reset.

Anet trolling us all.

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

11 weeks.

^ this.

quoted for truth.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

in WvW

Posted by: Uriel Saintclair.6345

Uriel Saintclair.6345

11 weeks.

Here yah go http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/41/#history anything else?

Thieve’s spam heartseeker on my sanctuary.
Guild: None Mercenary
SoR since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

11 weeks.

Here yah go http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/41/#history anything else?

I didn’t see you fight anyone those last 2 weeks….

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Lol this is funny.
Whine whinge sook from T3-T1,
Yay woo yippee from T6-T8.
Why? whoever dominates their tier is gonna shoot up ahead to first place and kick all the others down, and whoever loses in T1 or T2 has MAJOR consequences.
Even if T1 is really close, you guys will all fall down to the middle, because all the winners will fly above.
However, if T8 is really close, they will all move up to the middle because all the losers will fall under them.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: forever.6908

forever.6908

If you check the current predictions of next week’s matchup from millennium.org, it’s really looking ridiculous. Tier1 will be Sorrow’s Furnace, Ehmry Bay and Kaineng. JQ will drop all the way to Tier 5 with Henge of Denravi and Tarnished Coast. How fun do you think these matchups will be for the players? The matchups will be unbalanced for almost all the servers. It will take at least a month or 2 to re-balance the ratings of the servers. I don’t think the total ratings reset is a good idea. Unless the new math used to determine the ratings and matchups can somehow compensate and adjust quickly, WvW will go back to the chaos status as when the game first launched.

in WvW

Posted by: Courageous Mithos.8745

Courageous Mithos.8745

Please stop this madness. A rating reset would be rediculous. The unbalanced matchups are pretty much over. Just keeping the current ranking order will balance them within a week or 2.

Just implement the new formula in the current order and don’t do the reset. It will be very depressing and boring for all servers if they are placed more than 2 tiers from where they should actually belong.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Based on current scores we would see the tier 1 servers of:

Sea of Sorrows
Sanctum Of Rall
Jade Quarry

Drop to the following tiers:

Sea of Sorrows = tier 3
Sanctum of Rall = tier 4
Jade Quarry = tier 5

Based on current scores from other tiers we would see match ups such as:

Jade Quarry
Tarnished Coast
Henge of Denravi

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Yak’s Bend spent the last month repeatedly dealing with two bandwagon servers, Maguuma and Dragonbrand, as they worked their way up above us in ranks. We had a single week versus Kaineng, as well. Now, if the current predictions hold, Maguuma and Dragonbrand will be back below Yak’s, with us being moved up to T2.

First off, Yak’s does not currently belong in T2. We can hold our own quite well in T4, maybe in T3 as well, but not against a 24/7 full zerg server like Kaineng. Finally getting a somewhat balanced matchup (not 250k point differences) and doing well does not mean we belong in T2.

This also means that we have to run the “gauntlet” of Drabonbrand, Kaineng, and Maguuma…for a second time. That means that very few from Yak’s will bother doing wvw weeks while those three pass up through the ranks. I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to play like that, being outnumbered 24/7. End result will likely be YB ending up in a lower tier than we should, and causing imbalance there

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Kellnor.5428

Kellnor.5428

This sounds horrible, Habib if you decided to do this, can we have the 24 hour matches again to get ratings into place quickly?

YES YES YES.

This is the first solution I’ve read that sounds good. The problem with resetting ratings is it INCREASES volatility. For example, T1 has the stiffest competition of any other tier atm. So it’s no surprise you rarely see JQ, SoS, or SoR breaking a +300 tick. It is usually locked down between 220 and 240 regardless of the time/day.

Unless the rating system is revised to take into consideration that points are much harder to earn on a higher tier server, servers like Kaineng or Ehmry bay will be insta boosted to T1. I’m not saying they aren’t good, what I am saying is they have incredible ticks because they have much less competition.

Don’t punish T1 for having harder opponents. If the ratings are reset, change matchups to 1 day and condense the volatility to a week or two as opposed to a month or two.

Commander Kell Swiftfire, Jade Quarry
Co-Leader & Defensive Strategist of Empërium [EMP]

in WvW

Posted by: gek.4786

gek.4786

A simple solution might be to restrict tier movement to no more than one level up or down for the next few weeks. Matchups would then only be slightly skewed and hopefully would sort themselves out quickly.

in WvW

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

Dear Anet Can you please take a look at the current WvW Na server Scores and tell me were you dont see a Blanced competion.

Thank you for your time

in WvW

Posted by: Dimeschemo.5493

Dimeschemo.5493

In the run up to the end of free world transfers we saw large population changes as people settled in to their home servers. This means that the WvW teams being fielded by many of the worlds are now dramatically different. In recognition of this fact, and in light of the increased population stability that comes with paid transfers, we feel that this would be a good time to reset the ratings of all the servers. A reset at this point will allow the rating & ranking system to more quickly and correctly rate these (effectively) new WvW teams.

Here’s how the reset will work:

1) We’ll let the current matchup play out. Since free transfers were available during the first part of this matchup we don’t want it to count towards the new ratings.
2) When the matchup rolls over on Friday, February 1st we’ll post the final ratings & rankings. The new ordering will determine the groupings for the next matchup as usual.
3) After the new matchup has started on February 1st we’ll reset all the ratings (and deviation & volatility) behind the scenes.

Because every world will have reset ratings the system will treat the February 1st matchup as the first matchup and will calculate the ratings accordingly. The new ratings will then be calculated normally in the way that you’re already familiar with. We expect several weeks of volatility while the ratings settle down but we believe that it will ultimately yield a more correct result more quickly than letting the current ratings persist. That also means that the coming month or two will be a fantastic time to fight for your world’s place in the rankings!

Additionally, we’re taking advantage of the reset to revisit some of the math behind the ratings. I’ll have more to post on that once we’ve crunched some numbers and made some decisions.

in WvW

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

Please read this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Ratings-reset-and-ArenaNet-s-disconnection/1363717
and reconsider this reset.

Once upon a time, I too agreed a reset would be helpful… but not now, not anymore.

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Dimeschemo.5493

Dimeschemo.5493

Dose the anet team go into each servers wvw to find deviation & volatility?
How do they decide these things?
How can a smaller server rank up in wvw, when full servers run the top tiers?
Will there ever be a server ally system in wvw?