Upset with the WvW update

in WvW

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

I have played WvW since the game came out and currently I am level 2277 Gold General. I am upset that you decided to give rewards based on your WvW level because people who farmed EoTM and got higher levels by abusing a game mechanic now can get more rewards than a player that played the game fairly.

You should de-rank all those people who got high ranks using EoTM. I am very upset right now because I got 7329 hours of game play and over 90% of those hours were because I played WvW.

This feels like a slap on the face for all WvW players. EoTM was PvE material, those who got WvW ranks in EoTM should get a de-rank.

If Anet cannot de-rank the EoTM farmers, the least they should do is remove reward based on level to make it fair for everyone.

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

All players can receive the same amount of loot. The only impact a higher rank has is on how quickly a player gets the loot.

in WvW

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Can’t tell if this is a joke. 2277? That’s low rank? Wha? I’m like rank 150 and thought I had done pretty well for myself, sheesh.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I’ve been playing WvW since the days of the orbs of power and collecting pearls for the quaggans. I have spent a fair amount of that time scouting. However that means nothing as WvW ranks didn’t exist then.
I started earning WvW ranks when they were character rather than account based of course there was nice a nice boost when the ranks of my various characters got combined when the change to account bound took place.
I have a WvW rank of 3.5k and I’m not a hardcore WvWer as I PvE as well. I know a number of hardcore WvWers who have ranks in excess of 7k.

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

high rank has an impact on which new armors you can purchase from the new vendor as well. THe thing is they just cant de rank people that farmed EoTM. Because they wont know which ones farmed EoTM to lvl gain and which ones were in EoTM because their maps were qued. Its just impossible for it to be changed.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Taking yourself way too seriously, OP. But I suppose that’s typical of the entitled salt we expected to see with the exciting changes that bring people to WvW. Finally getting something to revitalize the game mode and maybe get some new blood to balance out some populations, but instead, potential allies are met with a disappointing barrage of snobbery and “reputation” protection.

It’s a game, yo. It’s not healthy to mingle one’s identity and self-worth based on a fragment (not even the entirety) of a game.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

While the OP is mathematically correct (diamond-ranked players are earning rewards more quickly), I don’t agree it’s a problem. First, anyone could have farmed ranks in WvW or EotM; it’s just not nearly as much fun. In the same way, farming Fractal 40 earns more than doing the T4 dailies; it’s also not nearly as much fun.

Second, what’s the alternative? Does the OP propose that ranks should be completely reset and everyone start at rank 0? Should ANet try to figure out how many ranks people earned from EotM? (And what about people who k-trained in EB instead of fighting for objectives?).

What about people who mostly scouted, added|ticked siege, sentried? Should they be mad at the OP for earning more ranks?

In the end, whatever system ANet chose was going to feel unfair to some group of players. I am thankful that ANet chose to give the biggest bonuses to those who spent the most time in WvW or EotM. Even though it will be a while before I get out of Bronze.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

We still gotta wait 1 or 2 weeks for everything to stabilize

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The game is probably unable to tell where people got WvW rank. WvW has been updated several times and it’s always been all merged together. So you might as well accept it and just play.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Hitman.5829

If Anet cannot de-rank the EoTM farmers, the least they should do is remove reward based on level to make it fair for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So making it take longer for everyone else just so the however many players upset about the however many EotM farmers progressing faster than them is fair? Why should others have to suffer simply because you dislike EotM farmers’ progression rate?

in WvW

Just a flesh wound.3589

And base the reward you’re talking about on what instead?

ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Hitman.5829

Just remove pips based on rank, simple! But it needs to be done fast because if they wait 10 years to fix it then it will be too late.

in WvW

Just a flesh wound.3589

Just remove pips based on rank, simple! But it needs to be done fast because if they wait 10 years to fix it then it will be too late.

Actually that only says how it won’t be based. You didn’t say how it should be based. Daily reward track progress so that a scout level person like me would get the highest rewards as fast as someone like you?

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

What a nonsensical and infantile argument. Their rank has no bearing on your rewards. You had the same opportunity but didn’t take it. That is your responsibility. I personally thought EotM was a snoozefest, so didn’t participate.

But that doesn’t mean I begrudge someone else their rewards. They put in their (incredibly boring) time. Grow a pair, mate.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Hitman.5829

What a nonsensical and infantile argument. Their rank has no bearing on your rewards. You had the same opportunity but didn’t take it. That is your responsibility. I personally thought EotM was a snoozefest, so didn’t participate.

But that doesn’t mean I begrudge someone else their rewards. They put in their (incredibly boring) time. Grow a pair, mate.

Infantile? The people who karma/experience train EoTM were abusing the game mode, a game mode that was not intended to be played for experience farming; and now those people get the benefits of getting more rewards? please, come back with a more logical argument.

Nobody in the history if video games has abused a game mode and then receive rewards for doing so.

in WvW

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Well the problem here isnt the slap, neither the eotm farmers that didnt contribute even remotedly on the same level as your daily wvwer.
The problem is that the damage is already done,here and a long time.
Eotm from a map designed for gvg’s ended up beeing a farming ground that some specific guilds went out of theyr way to even grief and threaten and verbal abuse people that actually wanted to fight so they wouldnt lose theyr daily free wxp quota.
And when some of them got eventually banned,it didnt change anything.
The farm kept goin on and on.
Then there was the OS farm where people exchanged kills en mass.
As long it didnt affect the market it simply didnt matter to anet if they will leave theyr core wvwers disapointed.
And we reached to today where the damage is so much that nothing short of all server wipe can fix it.
Complaining now about it will do nothing.
You just have to live with the fact that the cheaters and the opportunists got rewarded better than you,and they will now laugh in your face since no one can ever do anything to them.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in WvW

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

You want people to be punished when there are map q’s in wvw & they go into eotm. You’re either trolling or are actually as entitled & crybaby as you’re coming off. Some do farm it, but some people clog wvw up with duels. You’re crying for people to be punished because they got more cookies than you, differently.

That’s like asking anet to take away all the vanilla legendary weapons people made just because you decided to craft it the HoT way & you don’t want people to have the same skins as you, Boo!

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

What is with all you cry babys?! By the time you even get the claim tickets to buy that set of armor you’ll already be rank 2k.

in WvW

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

But what about those players who earned their rank fairly by playing regular WvW? Is it fair to them to not have that playtime count at all with the new rewards?

The new system is set up especially to reward people who play the game mode, not those loot vultures who flock to wherever the newest shinies are to be had. Personally I think ANet did a good job this time, learning from the mistakes of the former wvw tournaments (where regular wvw players playing their normal game were often left behind by those who just came in to beeline for their own personal best gain regardless of what the server as a whole might need).

I am a pvx player, enjoying wvw but mostly just playing with friends. Last night, I got into the borderlands with one of my best friends. We played together, capped sentries, camps, the occasional tower, did some defending. For every tick we got I got 2 pips (later on 3 as I reached silver ranks sometime last night) while he got 7.

The difference is due to me just playing wvw casually while he has pretty much lived the game mode for the last 5 years, with hours spent scouting, sieging up towers and keeps, defending for little to no gain, and the like. If he had played for rank or loot he probably would be far beyong mithril ranks by now.

I got 2 or 3 pips for every 7 he got, and I’m totally fine with it. He deserves it. Are there people that might not “deserve” their pip gain? Of course, there always will be in every game mode. I know a lot of players in pve that got tons of legendaries way before I got one because they mindlessly farmed bordering on exploiting whatever farm of the week there was before it got nerfed. I know people with maxed pvp ranks just from rankfarm arenas. My rank is still below 60, but without a single rankfarm and mostly only ranked play (once I had a rough idea on how to play).

Should everyone who got their legendary or their pvp rank “easier” than me be stripped of their gain, to the detriment of all those (many more) people who got theirs fairly through playing their game modes? I don’t think so. And just as well I don’t think punishing loyal wvw players to get at the few that took the path of least resistance (and most boredom) should be a thing.

Learn to live with it. You can play, or you can farm. If you (like I do) choose to play, then you know you’ve earned your shinies yourself and had a great time doing so. Don’t let others dampen your enjoyment because they decided to waste their time grinding boring farms to get to the shinies faster.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

to be fair i know many platinum wvwers who only used eotm to level their alts and their rank is high due to that reason, how to you think they will figure out where the line will be drawn? quit being childish and put on your wxp boosters (xp boost + banner + celebration + guild hall) and you’ll fly through the ranks.

also keep in mind that the majority of my ascended weapon/armour chests ive had dropped were in the rank up chests.

in WvW

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

All I can say is I am glad they established some value on time spent achieving ranks. On the other hand the skirmishing ticket prices need some work done to them especially if you look at players who have just become interested in the game mode it should well pretty much any player okay that is achievable. Instead of looking at that puppy thru the window saying I’ll see you in a couple of years.

So either the price of those skirmish tickets needs to be lowered or inserting other ways to get them. At the very very very least adding it as RNG out of the skirmish reward boxes to get them too. So no stripping of any kind unless its the cost but don’t cave on the level restriction pls.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I know people who got to diamond rank solely in WvW so your EOTM point is moot.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

The trouble with however people got rank is people could play in the same match and get wildly different amounts of loot, tags, kill credits and wexp- compare playing a spam 1 guard to, say, a healer ele. Having played both, I can tell you the guard ranks up much faster and gets a LOT more loot fighting in the same battle.

Extra pips for ranks is fine, just needs a tweak as the spread is too many. Currently a blobbing server winning matchup gets 3 pips a tick plus up to 7 for rank, giving ten, whereas someone of reasonable rank (2500)putting in the same effort on a losing server get 1 plus 3= 4.

Two and a half times as much isn’t a good ratio, pips for rank should be brought down to a range of 1 to 3 or 1 to 4.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

What measure are you going to use to determine who should get higher rewards as a long time WvW player?

Kills? What if you were loyal to your under populated server? How would you punish the OS kill traders?

WxP? How do you distinguish between WxP earned through fights, ktrain, EotM? Which is more worthy?

How about we use Yaks killed as the measure instead?

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

What measure are you going to use to determine who should get higher rewards as a long time WvW player?

Kills? What if you were loyal to your under populated server? How would you punish the OS kill traders?

WxP? How do you distinguish between WxP earned through fights, ktrain, EotM? Which is more worthy?

How about we use Yaks killed as the measure instead?

Just adjust the amount given for rank. Higher rank still gets a higher reward for doing the same thing, but just not as much.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

WvW Rank has nothing to do with which armor sets you can get.

You have to have done the reward tracks multiple stupid times to have opened the basic gear, which a lot of people haven’t done because many of the other reward tracks were far more profitable. I’m over WvW rank 3900 with only 4 Triumphant skins open in that collection, because they were ugly as kitten to begin with and I decided to not bother with it.

You and I will likely get that armor at the same time, not that I need it because I crafted most of my Ascended Armor ages ago.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: judge.8754

judge.8754

Extra pips for ranks is fine, just needs a tweak as the spread is too many. Currently a blobbing server winning matchup gets 3 pips a tick plus up to 7 for rank, giving ten, whereas someone of reasonable rank (2500)putting in the same effort on a losing server get 1 plus 3= 4.

Two and a half times as much isn’t a good ratio, pips for rank should be brought down to a range of 1 to 3 or 1 to 4.

Comparing a winning scrim situation to a losing scrim situation to point out the effect of rank?

The time you get +7 for rank is only when you have max rank 10.000! That’s not peanuts, it takes a lot of time and effort. Even 1 rank less resorts into a +6.

GW2 efficiency shows that atm of typing only 18 people on there have maxed rank! It is stil kind of rare.
(Not every player registered for that ofcourse, but still, it is a good indication of it.)
https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.wvwRank

And yeah, you do NOT need edge of the mists for a good rank. It’s more fun in WvW anyways.
WvW always was a less profitable environment and it still is. But it is very nice to see some WvW reward changes.

The Loyalty Bonus will be added eventually, which is also good. I do think it balances things out a bit more.
Although it would have been more logical if the bonus would have been active already for all people. That would have been nicer to the newer people too.

Mesmers Are Evil / Miss Judge WvW junky
Playing A Game [TaG]
Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Kro.7984

Kro.7984

Infantile? The people who karma/experience train EoTM were abusing the game mode, a game mode that was not intended to be played for experience farming; and now those people get the benefits of getting more rewards? please, come back with a more logical argument.

Nobody in the history if video games has abused a game mode and then receive rewards for doing so.

Your last sentence is the funniest thing I have read in quite a while.

in WvW

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

But what about those players who earned their rank fairly by playing regular WvW? Is it fair to them to not have that playtime count at all with the new rewards?

It was fair before the patch that “playtime of the past (rank)” did not affect new rewards and it would be fair in the future if “playtime of the past” (rank) does not affect new rewards.

But on the other hand: Rewards based on time, so you can go AFK (after you reached the required participation level as long as you referesh participation soon enough) is flawed and WvWvW was never a fair game mode.

My solution:
Remove the pips from rank or at least reduce them and add more pips (3 weeks on a server, 6 weeks, on a server, 9, 12, 15 …) for server loyalty. As a side effect, this maybe reduces bandwagoning better, only 3 weeks seems to short.

in WvW

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

They need change it to action reward (pips for kills/defense/captures/doylak escort/ressing peoples/supply spend).Its easy how more you play you got more pips and rewards not now when people with high pips got t6 participation and then afking before lose t3 and go again farm some npc/camps for t6.For peoples with low rank and bronze server like me: i can get max 2-3 pips (+1 for loyalty) so i can get max 3-4 pips vs peoples with 10-15 pips take too much time for 175 ticket when i need 2 weeks for single asc item(in 2 weeks i can farm faster materials for craft more asc armor/weapon that 1) and before i get single asc trinket from wvw in 2 weeks i can farm Bitterfrost/Lake doric for full set in days.Pips system right now is terrible and for low rank players or complet new players its better avoid WvW and stay on PVE maps where i can farm more loot and golds.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Response to bolded…

You have a poor attitude. To think that players “abused” a mode they enjoyed playing is silly. Do you think you’re some type of superior human just because you are a wvw player?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

They don’t get “more” rewards, they just get them faster. You’re capped at so many tickets per week. Sure they may get there faster but the don’t get more of them.

in WvW

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

I know people who got to diamond rank solely in WvW so your EOTM point is moot.

Bandwagons ktraining 24/7 arent wvwers,they are as bad if not worse than eotm farmers.
Also OS farming isnt wvw,despite that it was in EB.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap