WARBRINGER (Seriously)

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

I am an avid WvW player only pve when I have to gather stuff for legendaries. I am happy to be getting more skirmish tickets which will make getting the Warbringer backpiece much faster. What I failed to see (until now) the last Commanders Wings of War you MUST own a Commanders Icon. NOW I HAVE TO spend 300gold on a commanders icon (which i will NEVER USE) just to get the legendary backpiece.

Anet Please, it is tough enough that your introducing PVE into WvW to entice some of the pve world (which they dont enter unless they can AFK) and as an avid WvW player I need this for the backpiece. Cant you please make things simple for us without using SO MUCH GOLD BECAUSE in WvW YOU DONT make gold to begin with.

It is so unfair that we are spending this time in WvW because we like this part of the game and now to finally get something worth it while doing something we like to do we now have to spend 300gold.

Anet you really are unfair to the WvW world.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

All legendaries are a gold sink, Warbringer is far easier to get in terms of gifts than the others. I suggest you look at what is needed for the other two legendary back pieces.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

kathy.8291

oh I have. I understand warbringer is easier to get if all you do is WvW but to SPEND 300gold on something your never going to use. The PvP legendary backpiece YOU DONT spend that. I rather put the 300g on a precursor for a legendary weapon. With all the easy ways to get an ascended backpiece I can have a 1000000 ascended backpieces than 1 legendary for 300gold with the same stats lol.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Well the name is in the wings…. Commander’s Wings and all…..

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Commander tags work in pve as well.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

kathy.8291

Well thats the end of the Warbringer for me. And of course Anet screws with WvW again. I would understand if we made gold in WvW but we SPEND MORE than what we make. UNLESS anet cares to up the anty on precursor drops. Thank you Anet for messing with us again in WvW.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

apharma.3741

Grow up, this is a luxury item, luxury items have significant costs to them. The fact this is 100% earnable in WvW is amazing. You conveniently forgot how the fractal back piece has huge gold costs (500 ectos) and that the PvP one requires some pretty boring grinds achievements and is massively time gated. Also how are you spending more money than you’re making in WvW?

The only way that is possible is if you’re a commander springing for superior siege all the time which given the topic we know you are not.

Food is bought with badges, when you need siege in a pinch you can use proofs, a decent sized guild can get tones of upgrades from skirmish chests and you can get more resources that you need for WvW. You get ascended crafting materials as drops and T6 mats from the mist warped bundles and tons of lower tier mats from salvage. It’s almost impossible to lose money in WvW if you’re not a commander.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Look into your bank materials, you probably have extra mats stockpiled to make 300g, if you’ve been salvaging anyways. No legendary is “free”, there are parts you have to sink gold into like icy runestones.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

yeah, I actually make more money in wvw than with boss trains. Sure flax farming would be even more profitable, but so boring.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

kathy.8291

Dont care if you think this post is ridiculous or not. this is how i feel and I DONT CARE. I understand making a legendary is costly but when wvw is all you do, you dont make alot of money doing wvw unless your doing something we all dont know about.

Zalavaaris they would enter wvw get to participation 4 (which we have all seen) and would sit at spawn while the maps are que and the actual people who participate in wvw couldnt even get in.

Now if you all excuse me I am allowed to vent so if you dont like this post, move on.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

yeah, I actually make more money in wvw than with boss trains. Sure flax farming would be even more profitable, but so boring.

Was that last bit a runescape reference, or am I missing something?

Dont care if you think this post is ridiculous or not. this is how i feel and I DONT CARE. I understand making a legendary is costly but when wvw is all you do, you dont make alot of money doing wvw unless your doing something we all dont know about.

Zalavaaris they would enter wvw get to participation 4 (which we have all seen) and would sit at spawn while the maps are que and the actual people who participate in wvw couldnt even get in.

Now if you all excuse me I am allowed to vent so if you dont like this post, move on.

I mean. There is one thing you could do to make money in WvW.

Which is to not run food or oils for a while. I usually avoid using my food or oils unless I’m in an organized group. Whether that group be 5 or 20.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

You should try the triumphant reward track in wvw. I make alot of money from it since it gives so many magic bundles. A lot of time I will actually get bolts of damask and other ascended mats for me to sell.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

apharma.3741

I refer you back to the first 2 words of my last response. You get a plethora of materials from killing people, taking objectives, reward tracks and skirmish chests. I suggest you take it upon yourself to research what sells best and what you might need in materials instead of throwing a tantrum.

Sure you won’t make 30g/hr like the fractal 40 farm but you also won’t want to smash your head through a wall afterwards.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

I must say it would stink to spend money on a commander tag if u never plan to use it

but I guess it is better than spending 300 on mats which u will never see again

(edited by caveman.5840)

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

i respect how u feel but not everyone is meant to have this.

as a com who soleplays in wvw, i grind for this patiently and it being my first legendary, i dont want others to get it easily because it is already very easy.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

It’s hard to understand how people can not understand this.

Its meant as a rare and pretty hard to obtain item for very frequent players.

It’s not meant to be the same as the legendary weapons, which every narb in the game have at least 3 of.

If anything, we need more of these type of items. Even in pve.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: TenthLife.5724

TenthLife.5724

I too bought the com tag a while ago, and I don’t do pve content at all anymore, sure it’s costly and all and I reckon it will take me a long time to get the backpiece. But as I only do wvw it will have to take a while, idm
And for the record, I’ve used my tag a whopping one time since I bought it. ;-)

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Hey OP, I’d like to apologize for my unnecessarily antagonistic comments. I don’t agree with you but it’s no reason to be a kitten. I didn’t like your comment about pve players and thought it was alienating, hence my aggressive response. I will say that I also did not like having to purchase a commander tag. Thematically it makes a lot of sense and warbringer is the cheapest back even with the cost of the tag so I didn’t mind a little more of a gold sink.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I don’t see the point. Other legendaries iirc have to dump a ton of gold on arbitrary stuff that serves no purpose at all other than to be a gold sink. Atleast here you still get something, even if you don’t see yourself using it.

So long as the costs are more or less in line with contemporary legendary pieces, i don’t see the problem.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I don’t see the point. Other legendaries iirc have to dump a ton of gold on arbitrary stuff that serves no purpose at all other than to be a gold sink. Atleast here you still get something, even if you don’t see yourself using it.

So long as the costs are more or less in line with contemporary legendary pieces, i don’t see the problem.

This.

Doesn’t matter if OP won’t use it; everything else is similarly gold-gated, and this purchase has permanent, lasting potential use.

It’s also meant to be an extreme luxury item meant for only a handful of players to acquire. The item even has the word ‘Commander’ in its name. It’d be a pretty big insult to every existing commander who runs a tag etc. to have every pug with the ‘commander’ backpiece lol.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Spending gold on things you are never going to use so that you can get a legendary that you will is fairly standard. You might say that it is an integral part of the design for the tier.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Icy Runestones cost 250g for other legendaries, and is also ‘something you will never use again’ (purest sink).

Be glad you still got a tag (just in case it’s ever usefull), and not an item that is gone into the legendary.

Warbringer is the easiest legendary i have made so far and i own 9.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: SWI.4127

SWI.4127

Warbringer is already way cheaper than Ad-Infinitum (the fractal backpack), and if 300g of that price goes toward a commander tag, that’s an even bigger pro to making it. Your complaint lacks perspective.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

You know that for other legendaries you use gold on mats above the 300g, which you will then never use because… theyre gone.
And you cry about buying a tag which can be used in wvw even for scouts. Yes, its not just something you buy for 300g and the forge it. No. You still get to use it.
Do people cry about everything these days?

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Nowadays you make more money then u spend in wvw. Especially with the skirmish chests and the material bags out of it. They have a good chance to drop asc mats like elonian leathers (roughly 10g on tp) and the like.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

You know that for other legendaries you use gold on mats above the 300g, which you will then never use because… theyre gone.
And you cry about buying a tag which can be used in wvw even for scouts. Yes, its not just something you buy for 300g and the forge it. No. You still get to use it.

Gift of fortune is used in both which I think is what you might be referencing.

And an earlier poster mentioned icy runestones: it’s only 100 gold.

But heck, crafting the precursors, or buying them, all of which will run you at least 300 gold for anything other than an Underwater one.

So yeah, it’s a freakin legendary.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

apharma.3741

But heck, crafting the precursors, or buying them, all of which will run you at least 300 gold for anything other than an Underwater one.

There’s usually things like gift of wood, metal, energy etc which tend to have costs of 100-500g depending on the resources and TP prices. Gift of lightning on its own has cost 120g just in charged lodestones before and vials of liquid silver are hilariously expensive to make. All of which just gets flushed.

Warbringer you use WvW currencies to make that gift, it’s significantly cheaper even slapping on a commander tag as part of the requirement.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

There’s usually things like gift of wood, metal, energy etc which tend to have costs of 100-500g depending on the resources and TP prices. Gift of lightning on its own has cost 120g just in charged lodestones before and vials of liquid silver are hilariously expensive to make. All of which just gets flushed.

Warbringer you use WvW currencies to make that gift, it’s significantly cheaper even slapping on a commander tag as part of the requirement.

Agreed. People need to remember it’s a legendary, not an ascended.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

So many commander tags out there and we need more inexperienced pvers to tag up in wvw all for a really hard to get legendary back piece NOT! Anyone that does wvw and has a commader tag can get it. It’s not exclusive in any way so stop making out like it is seriously. Good on op for not wanting a commander tag and standing up for something they believe in.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

(edited by Tifa.6473)

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

These days you can make money in wvw. If you’re losing money something is wrong. Anyways, the commander tag has many more uses than just commanding. Use it to show the location of enemy/siege/your dead body. Use it in pve to mark locations/bosses/events. I have a tag but never tag up anymore and I don’t consider it a waste. Sorry you’re upset though. It is wvw and I have no problem with a 300g requirement for a wvw legendary.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

I run the most expensive food and utilities myself while also donating materials to the guild scribes to cook up food for half the guild members and I do not have any trouble breaking even in WvW.
In any case, look at it as a free commander tag that comes with the legendary item. You do not get to keep anything you have to grind for other legendary items such the materials and feel beyond silly dumping countless amounts into the toilet. With the sole reason to keep the TP material prices stable.

(edited by Henry.5713)

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Move along nothing to see here.

I’m the first guy to whinge relentlessly about WvW rewards but 300g for a legendary gold sink is cheap.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

300g is nothing in WvW now. I barely play and make 5-10g every time I tag up, even including food and siege expenses as a commander.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

So many commander tags out there and we need more inexperienced pvers to tag up in wvw all for a really hard to get legendary back piece NOT! Anyone that does wvw and has a commader tag can get it. It’s not exclusive in any way so stop making out like it is seriously. Good on op for not wanting a commander tag and standing up for something they believe in.

So you prefer they had made that part a pure 300g sink into mats then?

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

You have not read my post properly because your only thinking about mats. The op does not want a commander tag . Commander tags can be used in wvw, pve and pvp game modes. When you have to make the pvp and pve back piece do you have to have a commander tag for them . No you don’t. Instead of a commander tag it should be replaced with a wvw trophy that you have to buy with say 100,000 badges. It would suit wvw players more than a commander tag that every game mode has and wvw players would have something to work towards. It would also give badges another purpose. Also i have a commander tag that i bought for 100g not 300g 5 years ago.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

You have not read my post properly because your only thinking about mats. The op does not want a commander tag . Commander tags can be used in wvw, pve and pvp game modes. When you have to make the pvp and pve back piece do you have to have a commander tag for them . No you don’t. Instead of a commander tag it should be replaced with a wvw trophy that you have to buy with say 100,000 badges. It would suit wvw players more than a commander tag that every game mode has and wvw players would have something to work towards. It would also give badges another purpose. Also i have a commander tag that i bought for 100g not 300g 5 years ago.

Had a reply written up but yeah.. not going to bother..

Attachments:

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If the item has to have a 300 gold sink, I would certainly have preferred it be to purchase an item that has no other uses.

Maybe I’ve been fortunate in WvW, but I have run with a lot of really good commanders. I would not like to see clueless players tagging up and running around to troll people on their own server just because they can. You know it’s going to happen. Any system without sufficient deterrent in an online game that can be abused will be abused. 300 is a lot of gold to spend for a few yucks, but if someone needs to spend it anyway…

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

So… I think this should be said. The back is already out. A lot of people have already made it. The recipe will not be changing under any normal circumstances. I can’t 100% say it won’t change because it’s all code and maybe they could change their mind if there were something really broken. But I wouldn’t hold my breath nor would I use it to try to use the official forums as a medium to enact change around a cosmetic back piece in a virtual world.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You can play TP while you run in zerg. Spend 1k stuff that cost 10 copper and sell when price is 1 silver.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Also… the OP noted they were an avid WvW player. The release of a legendary back piece was noted over.. what.. 8 weeks ago? There were countless pip threads, numerous skirmish ticket threads, it was all over team chat on my server..

How does it take the OP until August 25th to realize that they are annoyed they need a tag?

Anywho… legendary = gold sink and this back piece is actually one of the cheapest, and quite frankly THE single most versatile Legendary out there (as a back item that is)

No other legendary weapon/armor can be used on ALL classes, all armor weights and all builds.

To me, a legendary back piece makes more sense than most other things.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

just buy the com tag already. even if u might say ull never use it now, u might think differently later, give it a shot
besides using com tag can be for many things like having second squads for people that didnt get into thye first squad or whatever.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

i dont really understand why so many WvW players are so salty over kittenty items.

scream all u want at me call me a idiot but any exotic geared player is equally good and is dishing out same amount of dmg as fully legendary/asc geared fool out there.
90% of people hide their BP so no1 cares the other 90% have models on low limit so they dont even see ur crap.

only good thing about legendary is, is the stat switching for the rest its all trash but i dont mind dumping my ascended stuff in mystic forge to switch stats if meta change.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I have it and love it! Sorry you dislike it so much. I love drawing attention to myself in order to get fights. So imo I think it is just the right size.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

only good thing about legendary is, is the stat switching for the rest its all trash but i dont mind dumping my ascended stuff in mystic forge to switch stats if meta change.

Be nice if we could swap back piece stats in the forge too, so that’s why a legendary one is so useful.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

If buying the tag is too expensive, then just run the new map tracks and get ascended back pieces. In a matter of 3 months, I’ve gotten 6 ascended back pieces while working on warbringer.. and other legendary weapons.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Also… the OP noted they were an avid WvW player. The release of a legendary back piece was noted over.. what.. 8 weeks ago? There were countless pip threads, numerous skirmish ticket threads, it was all over team chat on my server..

How does it take the OP until August 25th to realize that they are annoyed they need a tag?

Anywho… legendary = gold sink and this back piece is actually one of the cheapest, and quite frankly THE single most versatile Legendary out there (as a back item that is)

No other legendary weapon/armor can be used on ALL classes, all armor weights and all builds.

To me, the legendary back pieces make the least sense to get from a pragmatic perspective.

The ascended blood ruby backpack can already have its stats reset.

Even if you were to include the cost of pulling 1 thousand infusions out of the back piece before resetting, it comes out cheaper. And you’re unlikely to ever reach that number unless you’re swapping characters 24/7.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

i dont really understand why so many WvW players are so salty over kittenty items.

scream all u want at me call me a idiot but any exotic geared player is equally good and is dishing out same amount of dmg as fully legendary/asc geared fool out there.
90% of people hide their BP so no1 cares the other 90% have models on low limit so they dont even see ur crap.

and theres the BFF backpiece that can be reset for cheap unbound magic too.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

i checked the https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/AAEAAAEuogAB

the cost is very similar to ascension.

But what I’m curious about, is you know, if anyone who complains about buying the commander TAG, at least already made the Gift of Fortune?

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

To me, the legendary back pieces makes the least sense to get from a pragmatic perspective.

The ascended blood ruby backpack can already have its stats reset.

Even if you were to include the cost of pulling 1 thousand infusions out of the back piece before resetting, it comes out cheaper. And you’re unlikely to every reach that number unless you’re swapping characters 24/7.

True. And I have one of the bloodbruby packs. But it’s ugly lol..

Yeah I know…

But this legendary is actually cheaper than any of the legendary weapons I use.

It’s a personal thing for me, but has more flexibility in my case.

And I’ve noted in a different thread, it’s likely cheaper to do multiple ascended packs from the WvW tracks than getting the legendary. I have five of those. But IF a legendary is part of what you seek, I think this one makes as much sense or more than any other.

WARBRINGER (Seriously)

in WvW

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I felt the screwover was in telling us there was another huge stack of tickets to go with the commander tag (which I already had). Still salty for wasting my tickets on the backpiece instead of the legendary armor we were told we wouldn’t be getting…

I have my tag already.. :P

Of course, ArenaNET denied my request to get my tickets back after the bait and switch..

I am an avid WvW player only pve when I have to gather stuff for legendaries. I am happy to be getting more skirmish tickets which will make getting the Warbringer backpiece much faster. What I failed to see (until now) the last Commanders Wings of War you MUST own a Commanders Icon. NOW I HAVE TO spend 300gold on a commanders icon (which i will NEVER USE) just to get the legendary backpiece.

Anet Please, it is tough enough that your introducing PVE into WvW to entice some of the pve world (which they dont enter unless they can AFK) and as an avid WvW player I need this for the backpiece. Cant you please make things simple for us without using SO MUCH GOLD BECAUSE in WvW YOU DONT make gold to begin with.

It is so unfair that we are spending this time in WvW because we like this part of the game and now to finally get something worth it while doing something we like to do we now have to spend 300gold.

Anet you really are unfair to the WvW world.