Warrior mobility

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I’ve never missed on bulls charge or the GS5 charge as well, so I wouldn’t call them bugged.

As someone put, if they are running, they are not helping their team in anyway what so ever. But on the flip side, they need their cooldowns increased, much like Ride the Lightning if it misses it’s target.

You obviously don’t play warrior if you’re claiming to NEVER miss with Rush, or be left outside of melee range with Bull’s Charge. Considering Rush swings and misses close to 100% of uses (outside of point blank range), the idea that you know what you’re talking about is laughable.

Give Rush a longer recharge for missing the target? The skill almost never hits a target, that’s possibly the funniest suggestion to a bugged skill I’ve ever seen. Punish the players for TRYING to use a bugged skill properly! Lol!!!

See my thread dedicated to these 2 skills.
In summary, use rush at 900 range on a stationary ambient critter and watch it swing and miss

Also, land speed is not equal to mobility, as stated 500 times by myself and others.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

This is ONE BUILD. Designed to run, designed for nothing more.

This build:
- Does low damage
- Has low CC
- Warrior’s as a class have low in-combat mobility (this build is land speed)
- Suffers from bugs (3 second character freeze on weapon switch)
- Sword 2 leap rarely hits the target, read almost never.

Damage: No, there is one weapon for warrior that gives huge mobility: greatsword with rush. Using a weapon can hardly be called a “build”. So it doesn’t affect damage output. A GS warrior can easily have very high damage.
CC: Also it doesn’t affect the ccs much (As you can have a second weapon like the hammer), you can freely take fear me or other ccs on your utility slots with it.
Mobility: Warriors with GS don’t have low in-combat mobilty. If you want to see low combat mobilty compare to necro or any other class for that matter.
Bugs: I play warrior and don’t have that problem. If you encounter bugs, post them and they will be treated as bugs. Has nothing to do with balancing issues whatsoever.

I think everyone knows that GS 5 is inbalanced because it is used out of combat, to contest points in wvw or banner lords that would otherwise be unreachable, to capture points, to kill yaks, to get supply, to gather materials faster in pve, to get out of combat while your buddies keep the opponent in combat and then get back with full health, etc.

Everyone knows it’s a balancing issue that has to be fixed, if it wasn’t, warriors wouldn’t defend the skill so much (if they don’t need it anyway, because it’s bugged and all) and just give in to a change. So why not admit it and discuss the sensible ways to change it. I play warrior myself and like the mobility, but it clearly is a issue that in wvw becomes critical.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Nice bump. Did you bump it just to say a few completely wrong things? Very well, I’ll teach you.

As I have stated, and even given perfect examples of before, mobility and land speed are not the same thing. Rush is land speed, not mobility. Learn the difference, the only mobility in warriors possession is dodges.

Mobility:
- Shadowstep
- Dodge roll (Including Vigor up times)
- Stealth
- Flanking Strike type skills that move you around (thief S/D for example)

Land speed:
- Swiftness (Or speed signet/trait where applicable)
- Leaps
- Charges

I also like how you said GS can have very high damage. Yep, sure, when you’re versing noobs who stand in 100b.

And you just said GS 5 allows people to contest capture points and revive keep lords? Are you saying it is impossible to do that without GS5? Or as any other class? I hope not, because contesting points is available to every single class, and reviving lords is available to every single class to.

Everyone knows it’s a balancing issue that has to be fixed, if it wasn’t, warriors wouldn’t defend the skill so much

^^^^^^^ that has to be the most stupid backwards logic I’ve ever read.

Thank you for the laugh, 10/10 comedian.

L2P, get good, lift your game.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

As I have stated, and even given perfect examples of before, mobility and land speed are not the same thing. Rush is land speed, not mobility. Learn the difference, the only mobility in warriors possession is dodges.

Definition of Mobility: the ability to move or be moved freely and easily.
Rush MOVES you does it not?
How can you say that Rush and other skills are not Mobility?

Rush IS mobility, no other way to say it, it MOVES you from where you are to somewhere else and to say that the ONLY mobility (remember the definition of Mobility is MOVING) that Warriors have is Dodge…

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Rush IS mobility, no other way to say it, it MOVES you from where you are to somewhere else and to say that the ONLY mobility (remember the definition of Mobility is MOVING) that Warriors have is Dodge…

So, even with all this moronic talk about the class you don’t even have one that is level 80. That is VERY sad. proves that NOTHING you say means anything and has NO validity what so ever.

Don’t tell me you don’t understand the definition of Mobility either? Saying the ONLY mobility Warrior have is Dodge? i mean come on. Trying to use Land Speed as a way to say that Warrior doesn’t have Mobility is just sad.

Rush IS mobility, ANY skill that moves you from Point A to Point B is Mobility.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Where do you draw the line I wonder with Warrior mobility? The only combo I feel has too much mobility is sword+horn/greatsword, but this combo has very little utility. It runs in, drops 100b, and runs out.

Greatsword too has a lot of mobility, but the issue isn’t rush, it’s rush+whirlwind. Sword has more mobility than just rush afterall. So is that the next step in complaining about the Warrior? Once Rush is changed we’ll move the crusade to Savage Leap?

Greatsword is a terrible weapon. People who play the Warrior know this, even ANet knows this given all the talk of buffing it in the December 10th thread. So if you’re going to nerf Rush, better to just remove it completely and replace it with something that doesn’t suck so the weapon isn’t completely forgotten like it almost is right now.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

So, even with all this moronic talk about the class you don’t even have one that is level 80. That is VERY sad. proves that NOTHING you say means anything and has NO validity what so ever.

Don’t tell me you don’t understand the definition of Mobility either? Saying the ONLY mobility Warrior have is Dodge? i mean come on. Trying to use Land Speed as a way to say that Warrior doesn’t have Mobility is just sad.

Rush IS mobility, ANY skill that moves you from Point A to Point B is Mobility.

The fact you are simply repeating yourself proves that you can offer NOTHING to this talk. The fact you are repeating yourself also shows you can not deny that those skills ARE mobility.

You typed this first repeating yourself multiple times about my Necromancer experience in WvW. You have no 80 nor Spvp experience on a Warrior so talking about a Warrior is So, even with all this moronic talk about the class you don’t even have one that is level 80. That is VERY sad. proves that NOTHING you say means anything and has NO validity what so ever.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Rink.6108

@Have No Faith In Me: thanks for teaching me. Where exactly is that definition of mobility from and in what way does this separation make sense? Ok then: warriors have an inbalanced lot of “land speed” with gs 5: rush.

GS has good damage output. Damage comes mostly from your attributes, so what weapon you use isn’t all that significant for damage output.
No: I am not saying it is impossible for other classes. I am saying the warrior uses rush for many purposes that make him significantly better at stuff he otherwise wouldn’t be than other classes at almost no cost for him. That’s why it is imbalanced. You know that.

You’re welcome. I am just saying, that if you say the skill is broken and GS has no damage and no cc and renders the warrior useless, then why are you “defending” it so much and pretending everything is in balance?

@glaphen, can you please talk about the topic instead of not making any statements about what we are talking about at all?

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Rink.6108

Where do you draw the line I wonder with Warrior mobility?

I think the main issue really is rush. Especially when used to get out of combat or used completely out of combat. Of course the warrior has other combinations to still get away from the opponent, but he doesn’t need only GS to do it then, he has to trade off for his mobility then (and that’s fine with me). There were some suggestions a page before about it. It’s not about taking rush away, but imho it should be a tradeoff like in most updates if they change it. Take it away and give something else would be ok as well, but of course the question would be: what does he get then?

I have played a lot of warrior, I personally think GS is good for damage but of course depends on the situation and build. It surely isn’t a “bad” choice for damage output.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I think the main issue really is rush.

Yep, All i think that should happen is what happened to Ride The Lightening, You CAN use it out of combat but that will result in a much high cool down. That is all that really needs to be done.

Just that a few skills they have Rush in particular is on such a short cool down and can be used to easily to escape without punishment.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

You typed this first repeating yourself multiple times about my Necromancer experience in WvW. You have no 80 nor Spvp experience on a Warrior so talking about a Warrior is So, even with all this moronic talk about the class you don’t even have one that is level 80. That is VERY sad. proves that NOTHING you say means anything and has NO validity what so ever.

you are So funny, Go to Google, enter “define mobility” you will get the definition i got, Now try and say that Rush which MOVES you from 1 place to another place isnt mobility…

Yet again, you are in ANOTHER thread and not even talking about the subject matter…

You come in here with all this theorycrafting and have been told repeatedly by people who have played the class it’s not. Screenshot of your character doing this in Olympics please otherwise all you have is bullkitten. Until you have actually used this in an actual race like everyone else in this thread you have nothing NOTHING but theorycrafting. So, even with all this moronic talk about the class you don’t even have one that is level 80. That is VERY sad. proves that NOTHING you say means anything and has NO validity what so ever.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Rink.6108

@ArmageddonAsh yea, that would be ok. It probably wouldn’t solve the run-away warriors from combat with GS though, because for this they have to use the skill but once after using 3 on GS That’s why I would probably also “touch” the distance of it that atm isn’t comparable to anything another class has, but I could live with it.

@glaphen: if someone tells you that falling from a high building might kill you, do you then have to get on that building and jump off to believe it? It’s a game, we know how it works and there are enough publications of people that tested it to know how “rush” works and everyone is free to publish his opinion even when his opinion might be not from personal experience. Even you, if you really state your opinion on the matter instead of picking on people.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

But how could rush be the problem when savage leap goes further over the same time period? If you drop Rush to 900 instead of 1200 Savage Leap is almost the same as Whirlwind + Rush combined. Is this what we’re complaining about here? Reducing Rush to 900? Because I’m sure most could live with that.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

But how could rush be the problem when savage leap goes further over the same time period? If you drop Rush to 900 instead of 1200 Savage Leap is almost the same as Whirlwind + Rush combined. Is this what we’re complaining about here? Reducing Rush to 900? Because I’m sure most could live with that.

Savage Leap is 600Range i believe, They could do the same to that something like:

Rush – 20second cool down if you hit an Enemy, 40 seconds of you dont.
Savage Leap – 8 second cool down if you hit an enemy, 16 seconds if you dont.

This WOULDN’T just be for Warrior either, personally i think it should be for ALL these sort of skills.

This goes for Savage Leap, Whirlwind Attack, Rush, Bull’s Charge, Rocket Boot’s, Swoop and i am pretty sure their are others. So it wouldn’t be able to have “oh thats not fair nerfing warriors what about everyone else” as it would happen to EVERYONE of these sort of skills.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Savage Leap is 600Range i believe, They could do the same to that something like:

This WOULDN’T just be for Warrior either, personally i think it should be for ALL these sort of skills.

This goes for Savage Leap, Whirlwind Attack, Rush, Bull’s Charge, Rocket Boot’s, Swoop and i am pretty sure their are others. So it wouldn’t be able to have “oh thats not fair nerfing warriors what about everyone else” as it would happen to EVERYONE of these sort of skills.

Teleport skills are balanced though so it’s fine to nerf the worse skills. Elementalist still has Fiery Greatsword which is way better at escaping than Warrior greatsword.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

@glaphen: if someone tells you that falling from a high building might kill you, do you then have to get on that building and jump off to believe it? It’s a game, we know how it works and there are enough publications of people that tested it to know how “rush” works and everyone is free to publish his opinion even when his opinion might be not from personal experience. Even you, if you really state your opinion on the matter instead of picking on people.

ArmageddonAsh does not think so, argue with him.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Teleport skills are balanced though so it’s fine to nerf the worse skills. Elementalist still has Fiery Greatsword which is way better at escaping than Warrior greatsword.

Where are these teleport skills that go as far as some of the ones i have linked?
where are these teleport skills that deal DAMAGE to the target when you get there
Where are these teleport skills that are MEANT to be offensive attacks but being used to run
Where are these teleport skills that have such low cool downs?

Blink – 30 second cool down, 900range
Swap – 12 second cool down, 600 range, requires target

Could say Phase Retreat but not even a damaging skill so that doesnt count.

What Teleport skill you talking about?
Things Like Heartseeker, Maybe have it double the initiative cost each time its used without hitting a target?

Yeah, just ignore the fact they are having to use an Elite with a 180second cool down to escape, come on you really trying to compare an elite skill with a 180 second cool down to just equipping a weapon…

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

There is no logic why a HEAVY armor profession should be as or even more agile than a light armor type. It is simply a poor design on this game.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Where are these teleport skills that go as far as some of the ones i have linked?
where are these teleport skills that deal DAMAGE to the target when you get there
Where are these teleport skills that are MEANT to be offensive attacks but being used to run
Where are these teleport skills that have such low cool downs?

Blink – 30 second cool down, 900range
Swap – 12 second cool down, 600 range, requires target

Could say Phase Retreat but not even a damaging skill so that doesnt count.

What Teleport skill you talking about?
Things Like Heartseeker, Maybe have it double the initiative cost each time its used without hitting a target?

Yeah, just ignore the fact they are having to use an Elite with a 180second cool down to escape, come on you really trying to compare an elite skill with a 180 second cool down to just equipping a weapon…

You can only have 2 weapons with 5 skills each on most classes, comparing that to an elite swappable at any time out of combat with only 3 choices and the other two being crap? Yeah so much sacrifice and I really don’t think an Elementalist would need to escape again within that 120 second down time unless he is kittened. Also what about Infiltrator’s Arrow which actually has more burst mobility by far.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You can only have 2 weapons with 5 skills each on most classes, comparing that to an elite swappable at any time out of combat with only 3 choices and the other two being crap? Yeah so much sacrifice and I really don’t think an Elementalist would need to escape again within that 120 second down time unless he is kittened. Also what about Infiltrator’s Arrow which actually has more burst mobility by far.

If a Ele wants to waste a 180 second cool down elite to escape, that is fine with me, Its something that he won’t have for another 180seconds. As for Thief, already have an example of what they could do, add extra cost to the initiative but but seeing that it doesn’t deal any damage anyway compared to say Heartseeker, rather than doubling the cost, just an extra 3 initiative cost would be enough seeing as it costs 6 initiative already.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

There is no logic why a HEAVY armor profession should be as or even more agile than a light armor type. It is simply a poor design on this game.

Yep.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

If a Ele wants to waste a 180 second cool down elite to escape, that is fine with me, Its something that he won’t have for another 180seconds. As for Thief, already have an example of what they could do, add extra cost to the initiative but but seeing that it doesn’t deal any damage anyway compared to say Heartseeker, rather than doubling the cost, just an extra 3 initiative cost would be enough seeing as it costs 6 initiative already.

You are seriously a moron if you think any Elementalist uses their elites for other purposes anyways. Tornado is good on staff zerker with Meteor Storm glitching, the summon is completely useless in WvW either way so the only thing left is Fiery Greatsword that can be used to escape or damage gates/skilling an immobilized player at a wall. Greatsword is terrible for any purpose other than mobility unless the enemy is bad and gets hit by a Hundred Blades.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You are seriously a moron if you think any Elementalist uses their elites for other purposes anyways. Tornado is good on staff zerker with Meteor Storm glitching, the summon is completely useless in WvW either way so the only thing left is Fiery Greatsword that can be used to escape or damage gates/skilling an immobilized player at a wall. Greatsword is terrible for any purpose other than mobility unless the enemy is bad and gets hit by a Hundred Blades.

So you start with “f you think any Elementalist uses their elites for other purposes anyways.” Where is your proof? where is your study asking every ele? Oh let me guess you will go back to the “bad players will be bad” warn out rubbish again.

So, come back when you have this proof that Ele only use FG and then maybe people will listen, your opinion as you have already been told does NOT equal fact. I agree with the summon, it is rather rubbish in WvW but you know what, i just saw an Ele, we defending a tower and what does she use? FG? Nope. She uses Tornado to great affect as we defend the tower, what a shocker an ele that doesn’t use FG…

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

So you start with “f you think any Elementalist uses their elites for other purposes anyways.” Where is your proof? where is your study asking every ele? Oh let me guess you will go back to the “bad players will be bad” warn out rubbish again.

So, come back when you have this proof that Ele only use FG and then maybe people will listen, your opinion as you have already been told does NOT equal fact. I agree with the summon, it is rather rubbish in WvW but you know what, i just saw an Ele, we defending a tower and what does she use? FG? Nope. She uses Tornado to great affect as we defend the tower, what a shocker an ele that doesn’t use FG…

As I said an Elementalist uses Tornado for Meteor Shower glitching and you can change it for Fiery Greatsword at any time while roaming. No one uses summon as you even say and elites can be swapped out at any time with any build. Why would an Elementalist be roaming with Tornado? To slow down the zerg for .2 seconds before he dies? Nope, he can swap to greatsword as soon as he sees it and escape anything if he didn’t have it equipped in the first place.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

As I said an Elementalist uses Tornado for Meteor Shower glitching and you can change it for Fiery Greatsword at any time while roaming. No one uses summon as you even say and elites can be swapped out at any time with any build. Why would an Elementalist be roaming with Tornado? To slow down the zerg for .2 seconds before he dies? Nope, he can swap to greatsword as soon as he sees it and escape anything if he didn’t have it equipped in the first place.

Funny, when did Dagger/Dagger get access to Meteor storm? yet again, you make wild assumptions with no basis what so ever. Also you do know that once a skill is on cool down it can’t be swapped out right?

So with that, If a Ele uses a FG to escape he has to wait 180seconds before he can either use it again or swap it out for something else. He can not Use it and then swap it out for something else right away.

Here is what happened:

Call for tower comes in, As we wait for help to arrive she uses Tornado as they are going up the ramp to the Lord this gives people time to get there a couple of others use skills, i go in with Plague Form help comes and the tower is saved.

Why do you assume that the ele was a roamer? Again, no basis for your statements you just make assumptions like that the Ele had Staff equipped and that the ele was a roamer…

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Funny, when did Dagger/Dagger get access to Meteor storm? yet again, you make wild assumptions with no basis what so ever. Also you do know that once a skill is on cool down it can’t be swapped out right?

So with that, If a Ele uses a FG to escape he has to wait 180seconds before he can either use it again or swap it out for something else. He can not Use it and then swap it out for something else right away.

Here is what happened:

Call for tower comes in, As we wait for help to arrive she uses Tornado as they are going up the ramp to the Lord this gives people time to get there a couple of others use skills, i go in with Plague Form help comes and the tower is saved.

Why do you assume that the ele was a roamer? Again, no basis for your statements you just make assumptions like that the Ele had Staff equipped and that the ele was a roamer…

D/D Elementalist is roamer plain and simple and he could swap it before getting into combat just like you can swap to greatsword at any time? Also he must be bad if he is defending a tower with D/D in the first place since any decent Elementalist carries a staff for zergs. This is not assumptions, this is a fact. The other two weapons do not have the AoE, support, and damage to do anything useful in a zerg over a staff.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

So now it’s not just a Greatsword problem now that you finally realize Rush isn’t even that great?

And nerfing other classes? Rangers and Engineers, some of the least useful classes n the entire game? This is absurd. Why don’t we just remove the 40 second limitation on ride the lightning? It’s a far different game now!

As I said before, the mobility issue is only extreme on Warriors that run Sword+greatsword. This combo is total fail in a zerg and no better than the skull crack in roaming, so hardly seems worth going out of our way to nerf. If you REALLY want to nerf it, then reduce Rush to 900 yards and make Whirlwind the burst attack.

(edited by Atherakhia.4086)

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So now it’s not just a Greatsword problem now that you finally realize Rush isn’t even that great? This is absurd. Why don’t we just remove the 40 second limitation on ride the lightning? It’s a far different game now!

As I said before, the mobility issue is only extreme on Warriors that run Sword+greatsword. This combo is total fail in a zerg and no better than the skull crack in roaming, so hardly seems worth going out of our way to nerf. If you REALLY want to nerf it, then reduce Rush to 900 yards and make Whirlwind the burst attack.

I never said that it was, the Problem Warrior have, they have to much access to this sort of ability without any punishment for not hitting anyone with it and running instead.

Like i said i think ALL skills should have the same treatment as Ride The Lightening got. Nothing, Nothing less.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

So now it’s not just a Greatsword problem now that you finally realize Rush isn’t even that great? This is absurd. Why don’t we just remove the 40 second limitation on ride the lightning? It’s a far different game now!

I never said that it was, the Problem Warrior have, they have to much access to this sort of ability without any punishment for not hitting anyone with it and running instead.

Like i said i think ALL skills should have the same treatment as Ride The Lightening got. Nothing, Nothing less.

Just like every class besides Guardian and Necromancer.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The mobility itself wouldn’t be that much of a problem.

But coupled with Healing Signet, Regeneration on Immobilize, and their high resistance to conditions makes them able to get away alive, even at 5% HP.

That’s not ok. Basically as soon as the Warrior decides to run, he survives (assuming he has the right build).

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Would it be so bad that every class is a bit more balanced? Sure would i like some of these skill on my Necromancer? Of course but that doesn’t mean that all the other classes (bar ele) should not get some sort of Punishment for using these skills as movement.

If they don’t want to do that for all the other classes – they should remove the nerf on Ride The Lightening and make it “fair” why should ONE class be punished like this but it not affect any other class?

That is the point i am trying to make. Mesmer doesn’t have any of these skills so that could be placed among the Guardian and Necromancer as well.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Would it be so bad that every class is a bit more balanced? Sure would i like some of these skill on my Necromancer? Of course but that doesn’t mean that all the other classes (bar ele) should not get some sort of Punishment for using these skills as movement.

If they don’t want to do that for all the other classes – they should remove the nerf on Ride The Lightening and make it “fair” why should ONE class be punished like this but it not affect any other class?

That is the point i am trying to make. Mesmer doesn’t have any of these skills so that could be placed among the Guardian and Necromancer as well.

Mesmer has stealth and Elementalist still has Fiery Greatsword which sacrifices less for more compared with Warrior greatsword. ANet already said they didn’t want to give Necromancers more mobility since they can slow the enemy to a crawl. Guardians still have their greatsword leap and meditation builds if creeps are around just like Necromancer can leave a Flesh Wurm anywhere on the map for a 1200 teleport in that direction plus Spectral Walk for swiftness and automatic cliff escapes.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Mesmer has stealth and Elementalist still has Fiery Greatsword which sacrifices less for more compared with Warrior greatsword. ANet already said they didn’t want to give Necromancers more mobility since they can slow the enemy to a crawl. Guardians still have their greatsword leap and meditation builds if creeps are around just like Necromancer can leave a Flesh Wurm anywhere on the map for a 1200 teleport in that direction plus Spectral Walk for swiftness and automatic cliff escapes.

Mesmer stealth other than the Prestige is a defensive skill, they don’t have that many of them. Seeing as The Prestiege deals damage and conditions, i could agree that that could be given the same treatment but you cant compare a defensive skill such as say Decoy to escape to say a Warrior using an OFFENSIVE skill to escape.

Now another way they could get around this without giving it the long cool downs is make it work only when targeting someone, just like iLeap/Swap combo does for Mesmer

Lets not forget its 40second cool down and remember for that Teleport you are having to sacrifice something, what are warriors that use Rush sacrificing exactly to escape? I would swap Wurm for Rush any day of the week, would you swap the other way and take Wurm instead of Rush?

We have access to swiftness, its nice. Unless you are fighting directly next to a cliff its not going to save you from getting chased down, its not going to save you from all the other classes that have access to skills such as Rush now is it.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Mesmer stealth other than the Prestige is a defensive skill, they don’t have that many of them. Seeing as The Prestiege deals damage and conditions, i could agree that that could be given the same treatment but you cant compare a defensive skill such as say Decoy to escape to say a Warrior using an OFFENSIVE skill to escape.

Now another way they could get around this without giving it the long cool downs is make it work only when targeting someone, just like iLeap/Swap combo does for Mesmer

Lets not forget its 40second cool down and remember for that Teleport you are having to sacrifice something, what are warriors that use Rush sacrificing exactly to escape? I would swap Wurm for Rush any day of the week, would you swap the other way and take Wurm instead of Rush?

We have access to swiftness, its nice. Unless you are fighting directly next to a cliff its not going to save you from getting chased down, its not going to save you from all the other classes that have access to skills such as Rush now is it.

So what are you gonna do about Guardians using meditations to escape or Flesh Wurm Necromancers. You have 8 seconds to activate it without the trait and you can use Flesh Wurm too so anyone chasing you is screwed even without a cliff. You talk of offensive and defensive but who gives you the right to label either of them?

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

So what are you gonna do about Guardians using meditations to escape or Flesh Wurm Necromancers. You have 8 seconds to activate it without the trait and you can use Flesh Wurm too so anyone chasing you is screwed even without a cliff. You talk of offensive and defensive but who gives you the right to label either of them?

Never met a Guardian that could out run me, then again roaming you rarely meet guardians at all. Flesh Wurm Necromancers again, sacrificing a minion on a 40second cool down…I would GLADLY swap that for a WEAPON skill that moves me 1,200 so that i have space on my utilities for something else.

You can not compare a 40second cool down Utility to a 20 second cool down weapon skill, they are NOTHING alike. Now. If Flash Wurm were actually a weapon skill on a 20second cool down then yeah we could compare them but they are not.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Never met a Guardian that could out run me, then again roaming you rarely meet guardians at all. Flesh Wurm Necromancers again, sacrificing a minion on a 40second cool down…I would GLADLY swap that for a WEAPON skill that moves me 1,200 so that i have space on my utilities for something else.

You can not compare a 40second cool down Utility to a 20 second cool down weapon skill, they are NOTHING alike. Now. If Flash Wurm were actually a weapon skill on a 20second cool down then yeah we could compare them but they are not.

What happens if it was on a weapon skill but you didn’t use that weapon? It isn’t even sacrificing a utility since Mesmers do the same for Blink right? Why is it fair for Mesmers to have to sacrifice stuff for it but the poor Necromancer wants more innate abilities. All classes sacrifice stuff for mobility, it shouldn’t be any different for the classes you play and don’t complain when the enemy is sacrificing for that mobility, but the poor baby don wanna?

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

What happens if it was on a weapon skill but you didn’t use that weapon? It isn’t even sacrificing a utility since Mesmers do the same for Blink right? Why is it fair for Mesmers to have to sacrifice stuff for it but the poor Necromancer wants more innate abilities. All classes sacrifice stuff for mobility, it shouldn’t be any different for the classes you play and don’t complain when the enemy is sacrificing for that mobility, but the poor baby don wanna?

Not really the same, seeing as you can keep the Wurm up and doing damage, sure it can’t move or anything but it is something then you are killing it to move. Now if it was just a straight up Teleport which in my opinion would actually be better then you could compare them, of course if it was a Teleport it would need its cool down reduced to 30 seconds like Blink is.

Taking a weapon isn’t that much of a sacrifice compared to having to use a utility slot for it.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

Not really the same, seeing as you can keep the Wurm up and doing damage, sure it can’t move or anything but it is something then you are killing it to move. Now if it was just a straight up Teleport which in my opinion would actually be better then you could compare them, of course if it was a Teleport it would need its cool down reduced to 30 seconds like Blink is.

Taking a weapon isn’t that much of a sacrifice compared to having to use a utility slot for it.

You can summon the Wurm inside your safe zone and go to the enemys and it will still teleport you in the direction of the Wurm. Wurm goes 1200 range too while Blink is only 900. Wurm can also be used for offense since it attacks if you do not summon it somewhere safe. Flesh Wurm has 9000 health through so I highly doubt it would ever die unless you sit on it, but it has 1200 range attacks.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

All warrior weapon mobility skills must require a target or have their cooldowns doubled, just like RTL. It’s absurd that a HEAVY armour class doesn’t have this restriction while a LIGHT armour class does.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Its a fast moving class that is design to charge in big zergs and run out

Removing mobility from warriors is like removing stealth from thief’s or clones from mesmer´s.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Removing mobility from warriors is like removing stealth from thief’s or clones from mesmer´s.

Its NOT removing it, giving it the same treatment as Ele got.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

You take Rampage and Warriors take Fiery Greatsword and its a deal.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

Only if the warrior takes the ele’s HP & Armour.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

Only if the warrior takes the ele’s HP & Armour.

Do they get the perma protection and fury too?

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I see you are back to diverting the topic and the conversation AWAY from where it was, How exactly does this have ANYTHING to do with the subject matter at hand?

At least TRY and keep it on topic.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

glaphen.5230

I see you are back to diverting the topic and the conversation AWAY from where it was, How exactly does this have ANYTHING to do with the subject matter at hand?

At least TRY and keep it on topic.

Just because Elementalists had an amazing skill nerfed twice does not mean Warriors need a crap skill nerfed to the same spot. Elementalists have a better version of the Warrior greatsword on their elite that every Elementalist should be using in situations where escape is an option. RtL can be used to combo into an instant updraft on the same weapon set. You can also give Warrior greatsword about 5 extra skills with one of them being an instant stun and you got a deal. Pick one of the two since I would prefer number 2.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Too many stupid, naive and ignorant people in this thread.

Have fun spouting garbage when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Ps I love how you even try to compare mobility skills like shadow steps, which are instant and not telegraphed and cannot be countered, to the highly telegraphed land speed skills which can be interrupted, followed with your eyes, followed with your character or hampered with cripple/chill/immobilize. This display of stupidity with that alone is enough to wonder why some people are allowed to breed.

It is unbelievable that people exist in this world with massive tunnel vision problems, while also lacking of problem solving abilities. Oh, and clearly fail at any form of “spot the difference”.

Enjoy.

L2P, get good, lift your game. Inb4 infracted for truth, such is the way of the forums.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Posted by: Dekk.3459

Dekk.3459

Why doesn’t Anet go the route of Elementalist Lightning Surge or whatever.

If the attacks do not hit a target the cooldown is doubled.

Although IMO the range is seriously kittened on Warrior GS. Or they could make the whirl skill like those Nightmare court guys and slow it down like 4X, that would work too…

Warrior mobility

in WvW

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Although IMO the range is seriously kittened on Warrior GS. Or they could make the whirl skill like those Nightmare court guys and slow it down like 4X, that would work too…

Rush almost never hits the target (1 target, no cleave) even if you try to. Ride the Lightning hits 100% of the time, AND in AoE.

You’d be punishing the players for TRYING to use the skill to hit someone. Until Rush is finally fixed and turned into a working skill, then maybe a ‘nerf’ like RTL could be in order. But not before the skill is actually fixed so it kittening works.

The skills don’t need to be slowed down, they’re already highly telegraphed and easy to follow/counter. Unlike shadowstep skills which are instant and uncounterble, and forced juke skills that have no casting animation and finish up within 0.25 second.

Warrior mobility

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

They SHOULD, but seeing as how Warrior are a much loved class i doubt they will simply for crying on the forums would likely make the site go down…