Waypointing or gliding to escape combat...

in WvW

Posted by: Velran.1052

Velran.1052

I can’t be the only one sick of having other players way point away from me before i can tag them. Make people have to sit still for 2-3 seconds in order to waypoint if the game detects that there’s an enemy nearby.

Also gliding needs to have something done about it, Since unless you play a build that has very high ranged dmg, People can just glide away from you and there’s nothing you can do about it (ex. Reds in EB camping their cliff and gliding away if anyone comes up there).

Make gliding interruptable by dmg or cc, Or just completely disable starting to glide while in combat. Its ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Maybe they can make tower/keep portals close when an enemy comes within 1500 range of it too?

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Gliding is interruptable. A stun or knockback will make them fall to their death. No change is needed to the current system. Learn to adapt.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

You are assuming they are waypointing to avoid you. Maybe they are AFK and just happen to time it that way.

Sorry you missed a bag, but maybe get faster?

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I actually really enjoy gliding, and the advantage it gives to the defenders.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Maybe they are like me and aren’t great in 1v1 scenarios and therefore decide to deny people with cheesy one shot builds of a free kill. Sometimes it feels better to waypoint because I know I just made the roamer chasing me super salty.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Yep this. Maybe be a daredevil too?

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Yep this. Maybe be a daredevil too?

:). Couldn’t agree more.

in WvW

Velran.1052

I actually play daredevil and the few times people manage to WP away from me is because they WP almost as soon as they see me from ranged. How is that fun, Or decent gameplay? Literally avoiding playing the game.

And adapt? Play a whole new class because of a new crap mechanic? And how many ranged stuns are there even? And from what people are telling me knockback doesn’t even break the glide.

Oh and defenders don’t need anymore advantages.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

I actually play daredevil and the few times people manage to WP away from me is because they WP almost as soon as they see me from ranged. How is that fun, Or decent gameplay? Literally avoiding playing the game.

And adapt? Play a whole new class because of a new crap mechanic? And how many ranged stuns are there even? And from what people are telling me knockback doesn’t even break the glide.

Likely they are on a Zerg spec, and know they can’t beat a daredevil. It’s a complement. Yeah, it’s frustrating, but they know you’d wax them.

in WvW

Posted by: cobbah.3102

cobbah.3102

Of course they would glide away your possibly in an omniblob mebbe , otherwise you wouldn’t complain it is part of the game get over it just like the rest of us have to deal with the crap from daredevil , necro yada yada you know it is a broken game just live with it. Anet does not care ,gliding is one thing they did right nothing like getting hit by seagulls from above makes more fun.

in WvW

Posted by: QuantumCat.9051

QuantumCat.9051

Likely they are on a Zerg spec, and know they can’t beat a daredevil. It’s a complement. Yeah, it’s frustrating, but they know you’d wax them.

+1. I avoid single combat when I play a Zerg spec, and always engage when I’m on my roaming daredevil. That said, I don’t attack players who are clearly running back to their Zerg, unless I’m helping a commander take down a Tower or Keep.

Killing someone not spec’d for single combat with my cheese thief build gives me no satisfaction.

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

+1. I avoid single combat when I play a Zerg spec, and always engage when I’m on my roaming daredevil. That said, I don’t attack players who are clearly running back to their Zerg, unless I’m helping a commander take down a Tower or Keep.

Killing someone not spec’d for single combat with my cheese thief build gives me no satisfaction.

It gives most of the roamers I run in satisfaction. Running in a 6 man group & picking off a single dude running back to his pugzerg without changing any of his bar.

Then dropping an omega golem on his corpse.

God I love running those losers over with a 20+ man group and dropping omega golems all over their corpses.

Or downing 2 of them before I go down. Great job guys, I still technically win in my own mind.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Even though I don’t love being able to glide away from a fight that’s already engaged, preventing gliding when engaged would be worse overall.

People mapping before a fight starts? That’s no kind of issue.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Ok. We can make these changes if OP and other thief players promise never to reset fights that they forced us into.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

I actually play daredevil and the few times people manage to WP away from me is because they WP almost as soon as they see me from ranged.

I waypoint to avoid Daredevils because I’m zerg spec and Daredevil is basically a broken profession with their perma evade trailblazer condi troll builds.

The fact that every skill I cast on a daredevil results “Evaded” showing on my screen only serves to demonstrate how broken the profession is.

How is that fun

How is killing people that aren’t geared up to fight you fun? It’s not even a level playing field.

You should be hanging out at the various ‘fight club’ spots (SMC?) dueling real 1v1 fighters that are geared to fight you.

You’re like one of those kids that only wants to fight the ‘special needs’ kid at school. You choose an easy target because you’re not good enough to fight the tough kid that actually wants to fight you.

Every kill on a zergling that you make is shallow and worthless because you’re just killing people that aren’t geared for fighting you.

Literally avoiding playing the game.

No, they’re there to play the zerg game not the 1v1 game. 1v1 is your game and we don’t have to participate in a game we’re not specced to play in.

We still lose time avoiding you so you’ve provided some utility to your server but we’re not going to feed your ego.

If you let us switch to a 1v1 profession so there is a level playing field then we’d gladly fight you.

TL;DR – If you play cheese builds and pick on easy targets because you’re no good then expect people to avoid you. Use a shadow trap.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Can’t tag running people on dd?

First world problems

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Learn to play issue. Learn to look weak, that way they won’t run. Put more mobility in your build, that way you can chase them. Use a ranged weapon, melee only holdouts are holding themselves back.

I’m sure if you do these 2-3 things you will resolve the issue to the extent that you aren’t here complaining about it.

Then we can get back to focusing on the zombie apocalypse where everyone is pretty much instant respawning ontop of eachother.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Had fun playing ring around the glider with 20+ enemies in a keep last night. Don’t agree with gliding being disabled when you’re in combat, because 95% of the time you’re in combat, it’s against atleast quadruple your number, and if you do manage to glide away and they still can’t knock you out of the sky, then they weren’t worthy of your bag anyway.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Playing the game the way you want implies that the person you are facing has that same right. If they WP or flee why does it bother you?

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

If ANet was to bow to every demand from people about how hard it is to get a kill in this game we would all be frozen on the field while people killed us… and so on. There are abilities, features, etc in this, and any, game for a reason. Make it a challenge! What in the world is the challenge if every time you turn around things are setup exactly as people want?

I mean hey, some people know they can’t kill a thief… why should they have to be frozen there and wait to be killed if they don’t want to. Maybe they’re very new and freaked out.. and so on ….

I’ll fight anyone pretty much anytime even when I know I’m gonna get my butt handed to me… ‘cause sometimes I get lucky… but mostly I’m not as young as I used to be and reactions just aren’t good enough.. but it’s fun. Having said that I’m not about to ask ANet to make adjustments so that I can compete with the younger people. I’ll either win a fight or I won’t… tag a guy so he can’t get away, or he’ll get away.. and so on.. it’s all part of the fun … to me

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

They should put no gliding in combat.

in WvW

Posted by: Shining One.1635

Shining One.1635

I saw a slick Daredevil move at SEC on DBL a couple weeks ago: Shortbow 5 → Shortbow 5 → Weapon Swap → Pistol 4 → Dead Necro.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Daredevil don’t need to wp or glide, they just run away from danger.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Velran.1052

It’s honestly amazing that people are using the fact that i play daredevil to justify broken game mechanics. I cant imagine roaming on a class with less mobility considering how many people i have WP before even DD mobility can catch them. If you go outside with a kittenty build its your own god kitten fault.

This is the exact same reason that logging out while in combat counts you as dying. You should not be allowed to avoid playing the game just because you’re likely to loose in that situation.

in WvW

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

It’s honestly amazing that people are using the fact that i play daredevil to justify broken game mechanics. I cant imagine roaming on a class with less mobility considering how many people i have WP before even DD mobility can catch them. If you go outside with a kittenty build its your own god kitten fault.

This is the exact same reason that logging out while in combat counts you as dying. You should not be allowed to avoid playing the game just because you’re likely to loose in that situation.

Roam on my ranger quite a bit recently. I do however avoid all fights i can, and when i get attacked by a daredevil i just stay still and dont bother activating any skills on my bar, theres no point in doing so…so why bother?

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

in WvW

Posted by: benny.1796

benny.1796

If you go outside with a 1v1 build its your own god kitten fault.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Maybe idea is cap stuff and not have some pointless pillow fights. If daredevil come to kill me i glide away or if i can’t glide i just stand and let him kill me. Fighting back would be just waste of time because daredevil can’t lose a fight.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I can’t be the only one sick of having other players way point away[..]

I can’t be the only one sick of thief being able to teleport half way across the map to escape.

Make THAT interruptible.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Erm yeah because daredevil is broken and I have played it since hot came out. There is no logical reason why a dodge should have a 450 range, let alone break imbo and 10 seconds of swiftness but that a different subject.

This just proves how badly daredevil carrys people when they talk about mobilty and playing anything slower is the persons fault and not the game, and I can assure you, the people you see wping would do the same vs other roamers too. Oh and you can’t imagine roaming or anything slower? You sound like a ganker thief that wants to bye pass challange fights and pick on the weak zerglings.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Welp, can come with lots of suggestion like disable gliding in combat, but at the end of the day people would just run away from fights.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

This does not need a fix. If you can’t tag them in time on a DD, you shouldn’t get their bag. Face it. They were faster.

You note it’s broken mechanics. Yet you want a two second delay on WP?? Honestly, it takes at least one to open the map, find the WP and double click it. It’s not a hot key..,

So.. make it 4? 5? Seconds? By THAT time a necro can catch you.

Get over the fact that you missed their bag.

in WvW

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

This is a non issue. Lets assume you’re talking about people fleeing a 1v1 and not you + 2 or 3 friends. Not everyone is interested in playing same way. Some players are only comfortable in a zerg, especially if they’re new to the game mode. Maybe they weren’t in proper gear / spec. There could be a number of reasons they didn’t feel like indulging you. Mesmers & thieves spend half their time blinking / stealthing. Should I ask Anet to make it easier for me to catch them? Of course not.

(edited by drcraig.9403)

in WvW

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

To be fair, I’d rather drink bleach then fight a Daredevil

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

To be fair, I’d rather drink bleach then fight a Daredevil

I think this is why lots of WvWers are secretly rubbing their hands at the prospect of the Deadeye.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Here’s something I’d want in return for your suggestion then. Since you want players to not be able to escape via WP and such, then let’s remove thief stealth during combat and all speedy escape methods from them as well. Oh, and no spiking from stealth either. I’m sick and tired of thieves stealthing away or using their short bow or other abilities to run away at the first sign of losing. Once thieves can’t run from a fight like that, then I’ll accept such a suggestion from you.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Here’s the issue with the idiotic assessment that you shouldn’t be able to waypoint if an enemy is near you.

1. There are loads of hostile NPCs on the borderlands.
2. This means a daredevil thief. ONE daredevil thief. Could stealth up and troll an entire squad, preventing them from waypointing back to their keep in order to glide down & defend hills or bay, or either of the northern tower on the BLs. Or any of the towers near your keep on EBG. Making those 2 objectives wayyy harder to defend.

Not that you couldn’t already do this by tapping garri/their keep, but it’s far more often I’ve seen thieves and the like stalking a zerg than I have people actually tapping objectives with way points.

Mostly because roamers are actually crybabies playing brainless cancer builds, and the thought of them doing something useful literally burns their souls.

Yeah, lemme run condi S/D thief and literally be untouchable for anyone I’m attacking. Ain’t that fun. But never, and I mean never, will I hit the gate of this objective over here to prevent my enemies from way pointing to it.

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I wish I you had said this in Map chat. I would have linked my Vial of Salt for you.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/9/94/Vial_of_Salt.png

in WvW

Choppy.4183

It is a bit rich that a daredevil main is complaining about people escaping fights….

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Would like to see us get to the point where gliding and later riding has more combat abilities. Under this system though I do see CC as being the way to cause a player to be knocked off their glider or unmounted. Would make sense in the flow of combat to me.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

When I am on rev and my asc axe is on necro, I have no way of doing 1v1s vs over silver rank Thief as hammer rev

Or I am on cele staff guard and I have to fight some kittened class like Daredevil or condi mesm, lul, Those classes are not even fun to fight against.
Not all of us are on roaming builds. And when you get salty whispers for trolling some ganker that jumps Altruistic Healing guardian by outsustaining all his damage. Roamers op, kappa.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

Yep. I don’t owe anyone bags. Not engaging in a fight I can’t win is tactically sound. Cheese thieves feel free to shortbow away toward the horizon if they are losing; I see no reason why I shouldn’t be able to disengage from an unwinnable fight by gliding. Disengaging is a normal thing.

in WvW

Velran.1052

lol more people using their salt over daredevils to justify bad game mechanics. Movement speed is part of DD balance (or unbalance), and regardless of if it needs to be nerfed or not, you should not be inherently allowed to escape fights that easily.
Kittening hilarious when zerglings call roamers bad and demand not fighting anything that they cant win over. Guess this community will continue to be a cucked downhill spiral into casualness. Might as well replace other servers with AI that cant fight back so even with the crappiest zerg build you wouldn’t stand a chance of losing.

If you run a zerg build that can’t fight 1v1 then don’t go around alone. Otherwise you deserve to die. And this isn’t about people running away. This is about people waypointing the moment i render on their screen. I’ve had people WP away while outnumbering us, leaving their friends to die.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

lol more people using their salt over daredevils to justify bad game mechanics. Movement speed is part of DD balance (or unbalance), and regardless of if it needs to be nerfed or not, you should not be inherently allowed to escape fights that easily.
Kittening hilarious when zerglings call roamers bad and demand not fighting anything that they cant win over. Guess this community will continue to be a cucked downhill spiral into casualness. Might as well replace other servers with AI that cant fight back so even with the crappiest zerg build you wouldn’t stand a chance of losing.

If you run a zerg build that can’t fight 1v1 then don’t go around alone. Otherwise you deserve to die. And this isn’t about people running away. This is about people waypointing the moment i render on their screen. I’ve had people WP away while outnumbering us, leaving their friends to die.

Here is the thing: there WAS NO fight. If you had actually tagged the guy who WPs, he couldn’t WP.

Get over that.

They aren’t leaving a fight.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Here is the thing: there WAS NO fight. If you had actually tagged the guy who WPs, he couldn’t WP.

Get over that.

They aren’t leaving a fight.

Or go play sPvP where there ARE no WPs.

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Lol, man, using the map to waypoint before a fight has even started isn’t a broken mechanic.

You’re being mocked about making the complaint while maiming a darefevil because (1) running from fights they can’t win is what daredevils do (before and after a fight has started), and (2) you have the most tools to prevent what you’re complaining about, and yet you’re the only one salty about it.

in WvW

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

Your argument simply isn’t valid get over it. Trying to turn the replies into “daredevil hate” or a lack of skill on others players is pathetic. Nobody disengages and runs for it more than a DD. I don’t see anyone crying to Anet that their abilities should be on a timer. How about if Anet only gave thieves stealth every 60 seconds, or nerfed short bow 5. Lets make short bow 5 cost 10 initiative. How does that sound? Your argument is a joke. Have fun getting shafted in the future I hope it happens regularly. You clearly don’t see the common sense from the numerous replies. I’m out, you’re a waste of time.

(edited by drcraig.9403)

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Honey, it’s absolutely about people running away.

You even included gliding in the OP, don’t even pretend.

You’re annoyed because you can’t use your completely lame, brainless to play roaming build to kill off someone not built to fight you, don’t even pretend otherwise.

Here’s an idea, maybe adapt to the reality that a roamer’s job is supposed to be cutting off reinforcements and flipping camps.

Not 1v1’ing every person you can see.

You want to talk about what’s killing WvW? It’s people like you.

No one needs a useless selfish roamer that just goes and gets pointless kills. You’re doing nothing for your server, you’re actually more pointless than a full glass pug that can’t push in a fight.

in WvW

Velran.1052

Honey, it’s absolutely about people running away.

You even included gliding in the OP, don’t even pretend.

You’re annoyed because you can’t use your completely lame, brainless to play roaming build to kill off someone not built to fight you, don’t even pretend otherwise.

Here’s an idea, maybe adapt to the reality that a roamer’s job is supposed to be cutting off reinforcements and flipping camps.

Not 1v1’ing every person you can see.

You want to talk about what’s killing WvW? It’s people like you.

No one needs a useless selfish roamer that just goes and gets pointless kills. You’re doing nothing for your server, you’re actually more pointless than a full glass pug that can’t push in a fight.

Haha, calling roaming builds lame and brainless. What a typical zergling, probably had your brain worn out by pressing nothing other than 1. Roaming is probably the one thing anymore in wvw that requires actual skill, considering how many zerglings like you would waypoint to gank the one roamer that got scouted.
Probably flipped more camps, ganked more dolyaks and ninja flipped more towers than you could ever do in your time pressing 1 in a zerg. You don’t even know what roaming is.

Your argument simply isn’t valid get over it. Trying to turn the replies into “daredevil hate” or a lack of skill on others players is pathetic. Nobody disengages and runs for it more than a DD. I don’t see anyone crying to Anet that their abilities should be on a timer. How about if Anet only gave thieves stealth every 60 seconds, or nerfed short bow 5. Lets make short bow 5 cost 10 initiative. How does that sound? Your argument is a joke. Have fun getting shafted in the future I hope it happens regularly. You clearly don’t see the common sense from the numerous replies. I’m out, you’re a waste of time.

My argument is more valid than you could ever grasp. You seem to have 0 knowledge about how classes work in this game. Like have you started playing this game yesterday? Because you have 0 sense of anything in this game, So get off your majestic high horse and actually play the game. Maybe you’ll learn some kitten. Using your daredevil hate to justify kittened mechanics. Could not be anymore patethic.

This thread really showed me how much of a crybaby the community in this game has become. Calling anything that kills you cheesy/brain dead/lame and boring. I honestly doubt any of you actually play WvW. The amount of pitiful hate over the fact that i play daredevil just shows why this game mode is going downhill. It’s all about pressing 1 behind a commander and otherwise sitting in a tower hoping nobody attacks it.

Continue to waypoint away like little scared babies, Justifying yourself with the fact that you have a crappy zerg build, And crying about being picked off while running back to the zerg.

I’m getting the kitten out of here so please go back to your usual tower camping and whatnot you casuals do. And for kitten sake please lock this thread. These people have the common sense of a dying goat and cant see past their own biases.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

As much as you dislike being unable to tag someone right before they waypoint, I love having an entire zerg chase me on my roamer toon, popping invuln, and then waypointing while they uselessly try to tag me.

Git rekt.