We need the WvW patch now not later

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

No thanks, I like the added bonus of having objectives and siege. It’s so much better when it’s not JUST about players fighting. That extra element of ‘objectives’ and siege make it that much more fun, interesting and challenging.

Only the hardcore GvGers want to play without siege. Its not about removing siege its about making it not be overpowering against players. Like I said above RvR gameplay is about sieging objectives then fighting once the objective is breached.

They complain about siege in towers because they are not really hardcore GvG’ers but k-trainers in disguise that want to take easy objectives..

I think you’re talking at cross purposes to what I said, hardcore gvgers fight open field only and I’m not sure any exist any more in WvW. Complaining about overwhelming siege doesn’t necessarily mean they want a k train but rather a fight over the objective.

You can fight over the objectives by taking out the siege first. I never get the complaints about siege since as far as I can see every server uses it. Some just do it better than others. There are ways to counter it but most would rather just not deal with it..

No many servers just all agree not to go overboard with it and think the ones using it are doing so because they need a crutch due to being unable to actually fight. Much of the time guilds run around knocking on keeps not to take the keeps, but to knock on the door and see if anyone comes out to play. They want them to come out and fight instead.

That’s politics right there and I don’t follow politics just because some players agree on certain things. You come up with your own rules and expect every single player to follow them. When every single player doesn’t follow your made up rules you try to get them removed from the game mode

That is no different than fighters agreeing not to hit below the belt. Anyone can take cheap shots, but it doesn’t make them a better fighter just because they do. People consider using siege on players as a cheap shot, because yes everyone can do it, it doesn’t take skill to do so or make them better, it just shows they are unable to handle their own without it.

The best fights are when you have all walls and doors down on your keep, all servers in the fight have Queues and are all up in that keep all fighting without siege in lords room for hours. That way when you win you felt like you earned it, and when you lose, at least it was a fun fight.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

No thanks, I like the added bonus of having objectives and siege. It’s so much better when it’s not JUST about players fighting. That extra element of ‘objectives’ and siege make it that much more fun, interesting and challenging.

Only the hardcore GvGers want to play without siege. Its not about removing siege its about making it not be overpowering against players. Like I said above RvR gameplay is about sieging objectives then fighting once the objective is breached.

They complain about siege in towers because they are not really hardcore GvG’ers but k-trainers in disguise that want to take easy objectives..

I think you’re talking at cross purposes to what I said, hardcore gvgers fight open field only and I’m not sure any exist any more in WvW. Complaining about overwhelming siege doesn’t necessarily mean they want a k train but rather a fight over the objective.

You can fight over the objectives by taking out the siege first. I never get the complaints about siege since as far as I can see every server uses it. Some just do it better than others. There are ways to counter it but most would rather just not deal with it..

No many servers just all agree not to go overboard with it and think the ones using it are doing so because they need a crutch due to being unable to actually fight. Much of the time guilds run around knocking on keeps not to take the keeps, but to knock on the door and see if anyone comes out to play. They want them to come out and fight instead.

That’s politics right there and I don’t follow politics just because some players agree on certain things. You come up with your own rules and expect every single player to follow them. When every single player doesn’t follow your made up rules you try to get them removed from the game mode

That is no different than fighters agreeing not to hit below the belt. Anyone can take cheap shots, but it doesn’t make them a better fighter just because they do. People consider using siege on players as a cheap shot, because yes everyone can do it, it doesn’t take skill to do so or make them better, it just shows they are unable to handle their own without it.

The best fights are when you have all walls and doors down on your keep, all servers in the fight have Queues and are all up in that keep all fighting without siege in lords room for hours. That way when you win you felt like you earned it, and when you lose, at least it was a fun fight.

Wish I could experience those fights more since when it happens none of my skills seem to go off besides my 1 skill :P

I like fighting the most and yes siege can be annoying but really its part of the game mode as it has always been there. Usually when I see someone on siege I /laugh at them cause I find it funny.

When I first started I used to rack up on loot from siege but I grew out of that a long time ago. I can say though that I do not even remember the last time I’ve died to siege because I play smart.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Yep, and yet he also claims to KNOW about anets income/revenue… Which would be IMPOSSIBLE, unless he worked for ANET (“fellow” players can always ‘lie’ about cash shopping/not cash shopping – DUH). So if anything he’s nerd-raging so hard because HE personally has spent WAY too much money on this game, so he feels furthermore obligated for them to listen to “HIM”… LOLZ

You people already got what you’ve asked for, AC’s have ALREADY been HEAVILY nerfed. I know because AC is my FAVORITE piece of siege. They even reduced the RANGE at which they can be used. There’s now “line of sight”. Trust me, they were once MUCH MUCH MUCH more OP than you “think” they are now!

At this rate, I’d like to see them restored to their original glory; I could just imagine how HARD you’d QQ then !!!!!!!!!!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Yep, and yet he also claims to KNOW about anets income/revenue… Which would be IMPOSSIBLE, unless he worked for ANET (“fellow” players can always ‘lie’ about cash shopping/not cash shopping – DUH). So if anything he’s nerd-raging so hard because HE personally has spent WAY too much money on this game, so he feels furthermore obligated for them to listen to “HIM”… LOLZ

You people already got what you’ve asked for, AC’s have ALREADY been HEAVILY nerfed. I know because AC is my FAVORITE piece of siege. They even reduced the RANGE at which they can be used. There’s now “line of sight”. Trust me, they were once MUCH MUCH MUCH more OP than you “think” they are now!

At this rate, I’d like to see them restored to their original glory; I could just imagine how HARD you’d QQ then !!!!!!!!!!

So your objective is to make players leave the game rather than make the game more fun? The long 3 way fights in Lords room without siege are what are fun.. we need more of those and less lil bois siege humping. My objective is to have all 3 servers in the match queued and fighting each other for hours, winner takes the spoils because that is actually fun and brings more players to the game.

I don’t want them to listen to " Him". Who is " Him?" My round things are higher. I want them to listen to the thousands of players who have posted in these very forums. That would be nice.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

sparc.3649

So your objective is to make players leave the game rather than make the game more fun? The long 3 way fights in Lords room without siege are what are fun.. we need more of those and less lil bois siege humping. My objective is to have all 3 servers in the match queued and fighting each other for hours, winner takes the spoils because that is actually fun and brings more players to the game.

I don’t want them to listen to " Him". Who is " Him?" My round things are higher. I want them to listen to the thousands of players who have posted in these very forums. That would be nice.

That’s your incorrect “view” of what it should be, clearly not what it is as envisioned by anet. The ultimate goal is WvW, not “fights”. My goal, if you’re attacking my objective – is to STOP you from taking it, by ANY means necessary. Siege included.

So while YOU may think or find “fights” (without siege QQ) more “fun”, that’s NOT what WVW is actually about.

I don’t care if it’s even 40v40 or 10v60, your (WvW) “job” is to attempt to take other peoples objectives, and/or defend your own – BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

One last time, if you want JUST “fights” there’s a game mode for that… What is it called again, oh yea, PvP .

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

That’s your incorrect “view” of what it should be, clearly not what it is as envisioned by anet. The ultimate goal is WvW, not “fights”. My goal, if you’re attacking my objective – is to STOP you from taking it, by ANY means necessary. Siege included.

So while YOU may think or find “fights” (without siege QQ) more “fun”, that’s NOT what WVW is actually about.

I don’t care if it’s even 40v40 or 10v60, your (WvW) “job” is to attempt to take other peoples objectives, and/or defend your own – BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

One last time, if you want JUST “fights” there’s a game mode for that… What is it called again, oh yea, PvP .

According to the thousands of players that posted in these very forums, that is what they want to make the game fun for them. This is the only large scale PvP mode in the game, that is where you expect to do large scale PvP. The reason why WvW lost so many players is because WvW was not being treated like a large scale PvP game mode. If they want those players back and to bring new players, that is what they have to do to make it happen. I am asking they listen to the majority of their players. It isn’t hard to do, they have posted here for years and were quite clear. They can send them an email since many left already with a survey to start..

I am not asking them to listen to me, I am asking them to listen to all of the past and present WvW players instead. They can choose to do that or listen to the guy who <3’s his AC of course, but I think listening to the majority of the players would be a much more financially sound business decision.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its up to anet to judge whats appropriate for the game mode but it is bleeding players in part due to the overpowered nature of what was introduced in HOT which mainly revolved around siege (banners etc).

As for ACs they may be marginally less powerful than they were a year ago but they are much more powerful than they were at launch. Plus they clearly reach spots they should be able to if you look strictly at LOS. So yeah they are still OP to the detriment of the mode.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

briggah.7910

Its up to anet to judge whats appropriate for the game mode but it is bleeding players in part due to the overpowered nature of what was introduced in HOT which mainly revolved around siege (banners etc).

As for ACs they may be marginally less powerful than they were a year ago but they are much more powerful than they were at launch. Plus they clearly reach spots they should be able to if you look strictly at LOS. So yeah they are still OP to the detriment of the mode.

I thought everyone left because of the new map. Not because of banners. They nerfed banners and they are not really a problem anymore. I’ve yet to die to an airstrike and been in a few of them. You can hear it coming a mile away. Chilling fog while annoying, you can just back off and wait for it to stop. Its not like they can be spammed as they have a timer. I wish we never got any of that but it is here and it looks like it is not going anywhere.

The thing is everyone has their own reason why they leave. Everyone has their own things they like or dislike. We all seem to have different ideas on what we want. I think we got a bunch of things that came from some of the crazy ideas some people have suggested over time. I don’t like direction the game is headed. I’ve said what I had to say about what I disliked and that’s all I can really do. Even after all that I still seem to play more hours than I should.

Game mode has been bleeding players way before HoT even came into the picture.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

morrolan.9608

I thought everyone left because of the new map.

I said ‘in part’. Its all part and parcel of the HOT disaster.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

sparc.3649

I thought everyone left because of the new map. Not because of banners. They nerfed banners and they are not really a problem anymore. I’ve yet to die to an airstrike and been in a few of them. You can hear it coming a mile away. Chilling fog while annoying, you can just back off and wait for it to stop. Its not like they can be spammed as they have a timer. I wish we never got any of that but it is here and it looks like it is not going anywhere.

The thing is everyone has their own reason why they leave. Everyone has their own things they like or dislike. We all seem to have different ideas on what we want. I think we got a bunch of things that came from some of the crazy ideas some people have suggested over time. I don’t like direction the game is headed. I’ve said what I had to say about what I disliked and that’s all I can really do. Even after all that I still seem to play more hours than I should.

Don’t forget, he’s just nit-picking. I’m sure there will come a point where he wont even be able to remember what he has/hasn’t said! LOLZ

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

WvW is so broken. There are no more fights on the BL’s and EBG. People just sit in keeps and kitten on siege.

1. Get rid of the Airships on SMC – it is too OP and you can’t do anything about it (defensively for the group attacking SMC).

2. As keeps upgrade, make the siege cap lower. It is too easy to protect a keep with one or two people against a blob.

3. Get rid of PvE from the BL’s (the Oasis event comes to mind). It makes dealing with other BL’s too hard if you have always come back to your own BL.

4. Get rid of all Shield Generators. They make getting keeps, etc impossible.

5. Fortified Walls and Gates are too hard to break down – it takes 5 min to get through the walls/gates if you are a small havoc group (using one Superior Cata or Treb).

6. Get rid of the Emergency WP’s – it makes getting keeps impossible for the opposing team as the defending team can just WP in at the end and wipe the opposing team.

There are too many siege kitteners now and that makes WvW no longer fun.

WE NEED THE WVW PATCH NOW! You will end up losing more of the WvW population than you already have.

So what you are asking for is a easier way to take keeps and towers? Sorry but i don’t agree at all. Those should be hard to take and at this point it is way to easy to take out siege in towers and keeps so there is absolutely not need to make it even easier. And it do not take to long to take down a gate or wall that is fortified, in my opinion it is way to easy and should be harder.

I don’t know if you are on a low pop server, then i can understand your points, but on top tiers servers you are taking everything way to fast and way to easy, so people do not even care to scout and siege things because it is easier to just retake it.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Don’t forget, he’s just nit-picking. I’m sure there will come a point where he wont even be able to remember what he has/hasn’t said! LOLZ

Hang on briggah says the game mode is bleeding players just like I’ve said yet you said its not losing players at all but you apparently agree with this post.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

WvW is so broken. There are no more fights on the BL’s and EBG. People just sit in keeps and kitten on siege.

1. Get rid of the Airships on SMC – it is too OP and you can’t do anything about it (defensively for the group attacking SMC).

2. As keeps upgrade, make the siege cap lower. It is too easy to protect a keep with one or two people against a blob.

3. Get rid of PvE from the BL’s (the Oasis event comes to mind). It makes dealing with other BL’s too hard if you have always come back to your own BL.

5. Fortified Walls and Gates are too hard to break down – it takes 5 min to get through the walls/gates if you are a small havoc group (using one Superior Cata or Treb).

6. Get rid of the Emergency WP’s – it makes getting keeps impossible for the opposing team as the defending team can just WP in at the end and wipe the opposing team.

WE NEED THE WVW PATCH NOW! You will end up losing more of the WvW population than you already have.

So what you are asking for is a easier way to take keeps and towers? Sorry but i don’t agree at all. Those should be hard to take and at this point it is way to easy to take out siege in towers and keeps so there is absolutely not need to make it even easier. And it do not take to long to take down a gate or wall that is fortified, in my opinion it is way to easy and should be harder.

I don’t know if you are on a low pop server, then i can understand your points, but on top tiers servers you are taking everything way to fast and way to easy, so people do not even care to scout and siege things because it is easier to just retake it.

I want it back to the way it was. There was nothing wrong bofore, except for the testing done by PvE players, who want more PVE in WvW (like EotM). Hence the buffing of the Keep Lord’s etc. They are now just like EotM.

The problem being, now players hide in keeps behind siege and not fight at all. I mean sieging a T1 tower with 6 Superior or guild arrow carts is just ludicrous.

The game has become ‘Siege Wars’ Not Guild Wars.

in WvW

briggah.7910

I want it back to the way it was. There was nothing wrong bofore, except for the testing done by PvE players, who want more PVE in WvW (like EotM). Hence the buffing of the Keep Lord’s etc. They are now just like EotM.

The problem being, now players hide in keeps behind siege and not fight at all. I mean sieging a T1 tower with 6 Superior or guild arrow carts is just ludicrous.

This is the complaint about siege that I will never understand. First you are talking about a keep. It shouldn’t be an easy thing to take. As a player and a team, you should never want to lose your keep. I never want to lose anything on our side but that is just the way I play. Its like you’d rather not have siege which would let you take the keep faster.

You claim you want to fight players but you are trying to take their keep. If players are hiding in a keep on siege and not coming out, go hit something else to bring them out. There are ways to bring out players and make the fights come to where you are.. You are not going to force anyone to fight if they do not want to fight. Removing or nerfing the tools used to defend won’t bring you the fights if players do not want to fight. It will only make those players that like to defend not defend anymore which removes a certain type of play style that you do not like to play..

When you get into an objective that has siege it should always be focused first. Most focus the lord first as soon as gate/walls go down. Seen it a zillion times as a few people rush the siege and rest are dying to siege on the lord..

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

This is the complaint about siege that I will never understand. First you are talking about a keep. It shouldn’t be an easy thing to take. As a player and a team, you should never want to lose your keep. I never want to lose anything on our side but that is just the way I play. Its like you’d rather not have siege which would let you take the keep faster.

You claim you want to fight players but you are trying to take their keep. If players are hiding in a keep on siege and not coming out, go hit something else to bring them out. There are ways to bring out players and make the fights come to where you are.. You are not going to force anyone to fight if they do not want to fight. Removing or nerfing the tools used to defend won’t bring you the fights if players do not want to fight. It will only make those players that like to defend not defend anymore which removes a certain type of play style that you do not like to play..

When you get into an objective that has siege it should always be focused first. Most focus the lord first as soon as gate/walls go down. Seen it a zillion times as a few people rush the siege and rest are dying to siege on the lord..

Keeps are not easy to take, anymore – period. If a keep is T3, then it is almost a guarantee that you cannot take it with one 5 man havoc group, like you could before the changes. Try trebbing a T3 gari with one superior treb (as an example,) you are guaranteed to take 10 minutes or more just to get through the outer wall. That is ridiculous.

A.Net said they wanted to have people defend keeps, well now they made it TOO EASY to defend keeps and almost impossible for a havoc group to take one.

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

C’mon, either open your eyes and actually read or save us all the eye roll of having to read your silly posts. He wants a rollback prior to HoT, where defended keeps were anything but a gimme. Pre-HoT there were daily hours-long sieges of keeps and garrisons in t1 and t2; it’s only pre-HoT that you could employ tactics like luring out bunkering zergs. No one cares if a zerg map hops to an awful DBL trying to take your objectives now.

Just yesterday my server tried to blob down an EBG keep and promptly got roflstomped by overpowered siege and PvE mechanics. No one bothered the keep for the rest of the night, and instead we spent the remainder of the evening chasing each other between SMC (which we owned) and the enemy’s keep. And this is what happens every effin night: enemy zergs just stare at each other from 1200 range wondering who’s stupid enough to push first, because we all know stab is worthless now, CC is everywhere, and fortified keeps overflowing with OP siege/PvE kitten are an utter waste of time.

Pre-HoT, provided numbers were roughly balanced, there was zero issue defending objectives, despite what delusional weirdos on the forums might have said. It’s an utter kitten show now, and the reason for that is HoT.

in WvW

briggah.7910

C’mon, either open your eyes and actually read or save us all the eye roll of having to read your silly posts. He wants a rollback prior to HoT, where defended keeps were anything but a gimme. Pre-HoT there were daily hours-long sieges of keeps and garrisons in t1 and t2; it’s only pre-HoT that you could employ tactics like luring out bunkering zergs. No one cares if a zerg map hops to an awful DBL trying to take your objectives now.

Just yesterday my server tried to blob down an EBG keep and promptly got roflstomped by overpowered siege and PvE mechanics. No one bothered the keep for the rest of the night, and instead we spent the remainder of the evening chasing each other between SMC (which we owned) and the enemy’s keep. And this is what happens every effin night: enemy zergs just stare at each other from 1200 range wondering who’s stupid enough to push first, because we all know stab is worthless now, CC is everywhere, and fortified keeps overflowing with OP siege/PvE kitten are an utter waste of time.

Pre-HoT, provided numbers were roughly balanced, there was zero issue defending objectives, despite what delusional weirdos on the forums might have said. It’s an utter kitten show now, and the reason for that is HoT.

Maybe I need to study the art of mind reading. Until he replied and made it more clear what he really meant, I just saw another complaint about siege. That is why I was mainly talking about siege. Now that he made it more clear I agree it does take longer but still I like some of the changes they gave us so I do not want a complete roll back..

Also you have to realize that it is not the same on every tier. Lots of complaints in the past where from outnumbered players that would run around all day upgrading only to have their stuff taking in a matter of minutes when a larger force came onto the maps. This is why I have said a few times that fixes for one tier would hurt another.

I also feel we got a bunch of the crap we got because anet listened to the minority instead of the majority. I really hope they listen to the majority this time and I guess whenever the beta comes we will see if they stayed on the same path they have been heading or they made a turn and are actually trying to listen now..

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

As bad as A.Net has done, nothing compares to what others have done to their games. The thing is, people really like GW2 for WvW. It is just, initially, it needed a few tweaks here and there. Now, with the HoT updates, it needs a reboot.

The Dragon Banners, Shield Gens, Air ships, etc. are all hampering WvW not helping. A.Net HEAR THE WvW PLAYERS< GET RID OF THEM!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

but the patch won’t magically pop up by demanding it now
anet pretty much planned late and delivered late, the result is wvw rapid decline with no counter measure

A.Net said that WvW was going to be the main focus after HoT dropped and they were working on a patch then back then (more than just new BL’s). If it comes later this year, it may be too late to save WvW aspect of GW2. It is that simple.

If they want players in WvW, they neeD to work on it and listen to the WvW players, not PvE players.

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/05/gw2-reddit-developer-ama-summary/

We overscoped a big “WvW 2.0? awesome update that was taking forever … so now we will ship lots of small incremental improvements that get us to where we want to be, and so y’all know we are actually working on it! Some of the things done over the last year and a half are reusable, and we’ll get those to a ship-able state.

Seems the WvW big patch is not happening, wheel dropped of anet’s delivery wagon.

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Keeps are not easy to take, anymore – period. If a keep is T3, then it is almost a guarantee that you cannot take it with one 5 man havoc group, like you could before the changes. Try trebbing a T3 gari with one superior treb (as an example,) you are guaranteed to take 10 minutes or more just to get through the outer wall. That is ridiculous.

A.Net said they wanted to have people defend keeps, well now they made it TOO EASY to defend keeps and almost impossible for a havoc group to take one.

5 man havoc groups should NOT find a keep easy to take. If such was the case in the past than it means keeps were too easy to take period.

Taking a keep SHOUD be an investment of time and effort and not a “10 minute flip”. Havoc groups can still harass flipping camps, paper towers and the like. if they are flipping keeps in under 10 minutes than keep defenses are not enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

You are not suppose to be able to take it with a 5 man havok group. It is suppose to be hard and it is flat out stupid if havoks could take them. You focus towers and camps, that is what is up for you to take and you have plenty of them.

in WvW

sparc.3649

Exactly, what the last two posts have said.

If defended (actual players there to defend) there’s NO way that small of a group should EVER be able to take a keep!

Now, if nobody shows up to defend that’s another story. Sure you should be able to eventually get it. But that’s the key (word) – EVENTUALLY. Keeps SHOULD be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY difficult to get into. They’re KEEPS for heck’s sake!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

in WvW

Dusty Moon.4382

Exactly, what the last two posts have said.

If defended (actual players there to defend) there’s NO way that small of a group should EVER be able to take a keep!

Now, if nobody shows up to defend that’s another story. Sure you should be able to eventually get it. But that’s the key (word) – EVENTUALLY. Keeps SHOULD be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY difficult to get into. They’re KEEPS for heck’s sake!

Why not? Then what you are saying is that if you blob, you should ALWAYS win WvW also?

In the Apline BL’s you could take keeps with a havoc group. If Defenders were there, then it took longer. That prevented the PPT mentality by just blobbing up. Currently, that is all servers really do. They don’t even remove enemies siege, they place theirs down take the keep and move on. That is EotM not WvW.

In the Alpine BL’s a havoc group could Ninja an enemies Gari, if they were stealthy and didn’t get seen. That is why you needed defenders. Now it is impossible unless you have a blob and on T2, the blob only comes when they know they can K-train a whole BL because your server does not have coverage. Then they go away and not return. Hard to fight a shadow.

This is what WvW has come to PPT and siege wars not actually fighting.