Well played Anet

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

I’d just like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to stacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

You really don’t get it, do you. The great majority of WvW’ers … at least the ones that have been playing it since launch … don’t (or at least didn’t) play it for “rewards”. We played it for an enjoyable and entertaining competition against other players in the context of medieval warfare involving equal measures of team strategy and individual player skill. You, or at least ANet, sold the game on that premise … minimal focus on gear and heavy focus on content. The great majority of what ANet has done in the meantime, however, and virtually everything that you (Devon) have personally done, has been contrary to that. You’ve taken the fun, excitement, and entertainment out of WvW and turned it into something to be endured. And you keep doing it over and over again.

+1 and this is from a player that only started playing WvW seriously part way though this year.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

You really don’t get it, do you. The great majority of WvW’ers … at least the ones that have been playing it since launch … don’t (or at least didn’t) play it for “rewards”. We played it for an enjoyable and entertaining competition against other players in the context of medieval warfare involving equal measures of team strategy and individual player skill. You, or at least ANet, sold the game on that premise … minimal focus on gear and heavy focus on content. The great majority of what ANet has done in the meantime, however, and virtually everything that you (Devon) have personally done, has been contrary to that. You’ve taken the fun, excitement, and entertainment out of WvW and turned it into something to be endured. And you keep doing it over and over again.

Well put.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: aern.5023

aern.5023

I’d just like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to stacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.

Well said…
Anet, you should listen to your players..

Cathaerna | Dugada
Hand of Blood [HoB]
Aurora Glade

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

What I don’t think people are factoring in is the pve crowd and their need to complete any achievement meta that anet releases. Almost every server will see an increase in participation, and the top tier servers will likely see their wvw population at least triple overnight as everyone races to get their points done. Imagine three times the current numbers playing trying to get into the map? How long do you think the queues will be then? Heck, look how many turned out for Teakettle. As well, a lot of these pve folks will be geared in yellows and greens and (gasp) glass cannon builds that are used to NPC fighting.

I really really hope you’re right; new blood is a serious problem in WvW.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Not a risk at all. The queues for maps aren’t long if at all for Blackgate. We average ~2 maps queued during NA prime and <1 average outside of NA prime. If you want to get your meta achievement done, you will be able to get it done, unless the population increase in BG WvW is like 300%. Unless the reward is going to be over 100gold for a win, thats just not going to happen.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

What are you talking about guys?
This is not about the achievements…this is all about being no1. pro server

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Now compare that to PVE

New content every 2 week
New Gem shop items
Bosses/Dungeons updates
Hidden changes in the living world

Should I mention Spvp between this? Nahh, what is Spvp right? Tutorial zone for WvW lol

GuildWars 2 is a PVE focused game, they probally make 90-95% of their money out of it from the PVE side.

Let’s talk about PvE then.

They nullify most specs/gears in game. Condi stacks, Immune to Crit, Immune to CC, can’t ‘tag’ enough as a support to get rewards.

New PvE content is ‘big zerg’, meaning as much ability lag as a WvW zerg, if not more, as it’s map cap + more mobs.

New gem shop items, are as inspiring to use in WvW as PvE. At least you get sexy finishers. I’m glad it’s not Pay to Win. Really respect ANet for it!
But, the mini-pet’s are such a pain! (Bags/Despawn when ya sneeze)
Perm PickAxe is nice, but they won’t let me swap them around so my necro can have the smoke one & my guard have the fire one. They told me to just buy another off TP, except it’s not on TP as it was a limited time thing.

Dungeons suck, worst in a MMO in a long time. I’ve bought copy of this game for friends, who I’d do up to 40 dungeons in other MMO’s in a leveling/dungy day.
They have done 1 here, and quit the game. They summed it up well, random chaos zerg, frustrating bit, zerg.

What about the top tier, layerd hard fights. Teq was a good step in that. Many things going on at once.
2 hour re-spawn?!! (Most serous raid guilds I’ve been in have a 3min res/buff/pull rule)
Can’t actually play with friends/guildys due to overflow/map full.
Can’t kick people from your group, AFK & deliberate AFK on turret trolls!!!

So from a PvE side of things, EverQuest or RuneScape is about on par. Many other MMO’s do it soo much better, some are free. (Not even buy the game cost)

I was hoping WvW was going to be more where ’it’s at’ in this game… But in the last week, we had our biggest WvW guilds leave the server. The couple of big guilds that are left, are trying to lose to drop ranks. Gona be huge fun in the new WvW comp system starting, when our ‘big zerg group’ is less than 10 players…

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Likewise, servers without a shot in hell of beating a stacked server once…. will not , I repeat will not, have a shot of getting the golden dolyak even if they complete the meta achievements? or am I missing something there?

~ X

… oh and in the event you read this. Bring back guild halls, and proper means for GvG’s

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

I think the red post is just telling people that you don’t participate in wvw often enough for the duration, you won’t get reward. By going to top tiers, you will probably not be able to enter wvw often enough because of queue, and hence no reward at the end of season and you will get nothing XD but only wasting transfering fees. Then people will start transfer down to silver league, which I think is the best spot to play considering the no queue gaming experience and ok reward. Bronze league might not be challanging to those who are used at top tiers due to smaller player base. Again, best spot is in silver league. But if you have too much money and don’t know where to spend, do try all 3 leagues and share your experience. :P

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: exaxes.9205

exaxes.9205

I don’t know if you play your own game or if you are just trying to misrepresent the facts. This past Saturday in JQ, the queue for EB was about two hours long. It was the longest I have ever seen the queues. Sounds shocking and reinforces all the fears of the long queues in T1, unless you also mention that all three borderlands had zero queue and the only reason why EB had such a long queue was because that was the only place FA and SoS had a showing. Out of four maps, three were complete PvDoor. As the leagues will be similar match-ups, we can expect plenty of PvDoor action for at least six of seven weeks, which should be plenty of time to meet whatever meta achievement needed.

Also, anyone in the gold league not in SoR/BG/JQ won’t be seeing a reward chest if they stay in whatever their current servers are anyway so they actually have a better shot at a reward chest if they stack to one of the top three. Where is this ‘absolutely taking a risk’ to be found in staying in a server we all know won’t be in the top three?

What is this mystical carrot you seem intent on dangling before us anyway? A chest with a couple of blues and a green? Maybe some more badges and 50 silver too? Whatever you give will either be laughed at and ridiculed by the general populace or be QQ’d over by the vast majority as it rewarded those who stacked to the top servers of their leagues.

Besides, anyone who’s been in WvW for any respectable length of time already knows they sacrifice rewards for the sake of world combat.

Aesthetics: Want those cool seasonal weapon skins, go grind the seasonal PVE content. Legendaries, you have to grind PvE. Even if a skin is on the TP, you have to grind PvE for the gold to buy it (or pay for gems). All WvW gets is lowlevel skins widely available (and forgotten) in the PvE leveling content.

Stat advancement: Want ascended stats, go grind multiple PvE content.

Wealth: WvWers earn a silver here and there while having to pay constantly for repair costs/sieges/upgrading objectives, etc. Want a blue dot on your head, go grind PvE for the 100 gold it’ll cost you ‘cause you’ll never see that kind of income in WvW.

New content: PvE gets an update every two weeks. WvW gets a guarantee that nothing will be touched for at least 7 weeks at a time.

TL:DR version: Please try understanding your audience before you make such comments.

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Rewards can only get you so far. Ask any WvW guild and most will tell you its the fight that matters. Not many will transfer down even if those leagues rewards higher.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Well played Anet

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Aside from that the server change sell was started before Season 1 began which they got a lot of money from guild transfers and a lot of servers lost a lot of big guilds who headed for the top three. I felt it was in poor taste to have a sell for server transfers when you know that server transfers have always been one of the biggest problems for WvW.