What Happened To WvW?

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Was even worse when I just rechecked it.

Jade Quarry +595
Blackgate +50
Sanctum of Rall +50

This is insane. Does Arenanet realize what they’ve done? I really hope they will speak up on this.

What’s your point? I mean it was always clear that matches are decided by coverage, i.e. at point in time where the fewest are playing. When BG won this coverage war it was a good thing, now that they loose it you call it insane?

NA T1 was always 1 of the 3 server is superior in 1 timezone and 2nd in another. BG liked that when SoR blocked JQ’s superiority in JQ’s second timezone, now that JQ dominates two of the 3 mayor timezones it’s bad? No, it’s not worser than before, it’s just a different perspective on the same problem namely that coverage decides the matches not fights.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Nerf-the-domination-of-Coverage

I also predicted that the coverage problems are “solved” when EotM is released.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Night-protection-1/3291369
And indeed they are! The looser of the coverage wars probably never had as much in in WvW than they have now in EotM.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Why not merge all servers into 3 different colors like in EOTM? that would fix population issues.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Why not merge all servers into 3 different colors like in EOTM? that would fix population issues.

Competition is not really a strong point of EotM. It’s more the better Karma-train and the escape from imbalanced competition which makes EotM popular.

I think there is space for a competitive game mode, it only needs better design.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Nick.6972

It’s unlikely to happen though.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Dayra.7405

It’s unlikely to happen though.

I stopped expecting much anymore as well, but maybe https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/ESO-Alliance-War-vs-GW2-WorldvsWorld helps

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

If you dont like EOTM just stick to regular WvW, but dont come here to cry out that people are not playing it anymore, that EOTM is killing WvW and something must be done, if you like WvW the way it is just play it with those that think like you… asking for ANET to remove EOTM is just selfish and stupid.

If the majority of people are enjoying EOTM it is their choice, you can not change that.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I wish Anet would have just separated servers like every other game does for pvp. Have half the realms under pve only and half marked as wvw, so at least the serious wvw players could have stacked on 12 rather than 24 servers and we wouldn’t have so many dead servers in the bottom of the list. Then again they made mistakes like offering reduced transfers to top tier servers before season and continue to blow the balance of servers anyways.

EOTM will probably kill wvw eventually, people like rolling over disorganized groups and lootbag training more than they would like to admit.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Gee, none of us ever thought of that before. Or repeatedly begged ANet over the last several months to do just that.

Oh wait …

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

simple.

if you want to karma train go WvW.

if you’re looking for real fight, go EotM.

I think you got your information in reverse ..I …a few minutes ago the whole EOTM overflow that entered for few minutes was totally green .The only players on the map were a mass of green grouped with 4 commanders karma training the whole map.Not a non NPC enemy player anywhere on the map competitive balanced are not words that come to mind when think of EOTM.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Because whatever that would be, it would not be WvWvW.

You’re not going to get people to feel any sort of passion or motivation to fight for “green” or “red” the way you do a server. Too big, too generic, too anonymous.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Nick.6972

What about server alliances? Overstacked servers could help less populated servers.
All green servers as alliance A, red B, blue C.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

EoTM will likely be deserted in a few weeks and what’ll WvW have? The same-old-same-old. That’s the real problem.

No it wont. People secretly like to karma train, and aren’t really looking for tough fights. Hell, that is why most people log off of WvW, because they are losing fights.

People say PvD is terrible, but what I have seen in EoTM is a lot of PvD, with an occasional fight.

There is no incentive to win. There is no incentive to defend. Only incentive is too take crap for the loots.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

What about server alliances? Overstacked servers could help less populated servers.
All green servers as alliance A, red B, blue C.

That’s along the lines of what I was thinking. Again, wouldn’t be WvW but at least there’d be some sense of identity.

Even just picking, say, pairs of servers to complement each other balance wise might help. (Though could lead to squabbling and finger-pointing I suppose.)

Whatever they do it should keep the current flavor. I simply feel no sense of belonging or kinship as a “Frostreach raider” or whatever in some random overflow. I’m there with my guildies but there’s nothing beyond it.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

EoTM is not WvW. It is a more casual game mode that will replace WvW if no changes are made.

PvD is very hardcore!

Anet says that WvW IS casual, its suppose to be the balance between pve and spvp. The stepping stone that gets players to try out spvp.

As far as I’m concerned Eotm is superior to wvw in every possible way. Since the beginning of wvw the problem was always coverage, Eotm solves that. WvW has no future because its fundamentally flawed, there is nothing Anet could do to solve the coverage and population disparities between servers.

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn if eotm is the precursor to scrapping the entire wvw game mode.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I think WvW dev team is the worst among ANET teams in communicating with players and address real problems in game play. SPvP team got lot of heat but they actually do show up on forum to answer player concerns. WvW team just don’t talk at all and don’t even try to address the “elephant in the room” balance problems in WvW.

Seriously, just scrap WvW already and make some tweaks to EoTM.

What is the point of EotM by itself?

1. If I want to fight for my server, WvW is far better.
2. If I want loot, PvE is far better.
3. If I want serious PvP where my skill matters, tPvP is far better.

Fine, EotM appeals to certain playstyles. But I really think most of the people there right now are there only because of unfixed problems with real WvW. The solution is to fix them, not destroy what could be a great playstyle for no reason.

Except that nobody ever cared about point 1 because servers are a lame way of allegiance.

Seriously… if I was fighting for my guild (and getting rewarded guild halls, capes, banners, influence, merits and much more for it), I would be there… but I’m not fighting for my guild because they don’t reward guilds AT ALL.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I think WvW dev team is the worst among ANET teams in communicating with players and address real problems in game play. SPvP team got lot of heat but they actually do show up on forum to answer player concerns. WvW team just don’t talk at all and don’t even try to address the “elephant in the room” balance problems in WvW.

Seriously, just scrap WvW already and make some tweaks to EoTM.

What is the point of EotM by itself?

1. If I want to fight for my server, WvW is far better.
2. If I want loot, PvE is far better.
3. If I want serious PvP where my skill matters, tPvP is far better.

Fine, EotM appeals to certain playstyles. But I really think most of the people there right now are there only because of unfixed problems with real WvW. The solution is to fix them, not destroy what could be a great playstyle for no reason.

Except that nobody ever cared about point 1 because servers are a lame way of allegiance.

Seriously… if I was fighting for my guild (and getting rewarded guild halls, capes, banners, influence, merits and much more for it), I would be there… but I’m not fighting for my guild because they don’t reward guilds AT ALL.

^+1

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Repetitive match ups are fine if the sides you’re playing are evenly matched. Random match ups are good too, unless you get matched against one very strong side which happens more often than not. During last weeks round the server ranked 16 was up against no.8. The population disparity in world vs world against a side two places higher can be bad enough.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

Always amazing to encounter people who think their personal views speak for everyone.

Obviously I care about point 1 or I wouldn’t have mentioned it. My guild is like my “GW2 family”, and my server, like my “GW2 extended family”.

Sorry you don’t feel the same way. If you don’t enjoy WvW, that might be one of the reasons.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Wvw is fine. We are playing it inside Eotm.

OP’d thief, lol

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

Wvw is fine. We are playing it inside Eotm.

Which “World” vs. what? Your color “Badlands” “allies” vs. that way ahead (5 mins or so walking that way… yes, one way route) other color blob to kill, faster if possible, before the few hours timer expires? It’s something, but don’t use WvWvW for that, because it’s a different game mode… Not bad, but not exactly DAoC RvR either, and… not the WvW we asked for. (The OP asks about the WvW game mode, the EotM it’s not about my server, world, realm vs. yours – but the colors of nobody specific; have fun in fighting for that… I won’t, I can’t enjoy that, sorry.)

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

EotM isn’t WvW, even if it has a similar format.

Oh, and congrats on currently ticking 0 in your match. That’s an impressive accomplishment.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Jade Quarry +595
Blackgate +50
Sanctum of Rall +50

This is insane. Does Arenanet realize what they’ve done? I really hope they will speak up on this.

What do you expect them to do. People cry and cry about queues, now they give us a map that solves that. People cry for a new map, we get one. It’s the person’s choice where they want to play. It’s like asking Anet to remove EB because nobody plays the borderlands. You have no argument.

What part of “what we really want is for ANet to fix WvW” did you not understand?? WvW could and should be the superior PvP mode compared with EOTM (more extensive strategy, cleaner maps, less PvE, larger scale, more focused objectives, etc) but it has been crippled by an ignorantly designed matchmaking system and all it took was EOTM to prove the point. You act like we should be happy we got a turkey sandwich to replace the Thanksgiving Day meal that got ruined.

Dude people are going to play what they enjoy more. Also you are judging it;s population based on it’s first week of release. Of course it’s going to be high, but soon people may come back to wvw and play that again. You act like Anet should force people to play wvw instead of EOTM because you are shorthanded. It’s their choice. My server loses nearly half our wvw population every major PVE update, I don’t complain about that. People will play what they want to, nothing you can do to change that.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

It’s like golf. We win! At any rate, wvw is what we decide it is. So funny to see such a reaction when we decide to play the game the way we enjoy it! Lol

OP’d thief, lol

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

It’s like golf. We win! At any rate, wvw is what we decide it is. So funny to see such a reaction when we decide to play the game the way we enjoy it! Lol

The reaction is actually pretty simple for any intelligent and reasonably mature person to understand.

Hint: your actions affect others.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that we’re working on another Collaborative Development initiative that we will be rolling out soon. So, start thinking about some things you would like to see in WvW, and watch out for the new thread!

- A

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that we’re working on another Collaborative Development initiative that we will be rolling out soon. So, start thinking about some things you would like to see in WvW, and watch out for the new thread!

- A

You already have a LOT of thing in the forum, you can check it out, i thing one year of material to work with.

Don’t take this offensive, but, after a lot of absence in a lot of time in a lots of post and now you are asking for a Collaborative Development…

Is ok and surely appreciated, but you understand it, right? WvW community feel pretty ignored from long time ago. For me a “We will hear you now” is not enough. You already have the community opinion in the forum, already posted, you can work with that. I think WvW community want to see improvements, no promises.

Take it like a constructive observation about what you did in the past.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Collaborative development is just a way to give people a place to complain logically in a nice manner and waste our time. The issues are pretty clear and the possible solutions are abundant and many of them simple.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

urieldhynne.2743, I completely understand your frustration. We would all love it if we could spend our time reading the forums and responding to feedback, but the reality of the situation is there are just not enough hours in the day to do that and develop the game, so we have to have a balance.

The Collaborative Development threads are a huuuuuuuge help for us to see what the consensus is from the community on the state of the game. It puts your feelings into 3 short suggestions that you would like to see implemented, which means we can read through them faster and get a better idea of how the majority is feeling.

I don’t mean to say that your efforts have gone unnoticed, because they haven’t. It just makes our lives much easier when your feedback is concise.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The Collaborative Development threads are a huuuuuuuge help for us to see what the consensus is from the community on the state of the game.

I guess we’re a bit puzzled that the last WvW CDI on Commander tag functionality was LOADED with feedback and what we got was our own tags blocking our view (NOBODY asked for that…) and an increase in the price to buy them that specifically contradicts what was discussed about tags having value in both WvW and PvE situations.

All delivered in complete silence as to what was the goal of these changes is and without patch notes to boot.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

We would all love it if we could spend our time reading the forums and responding to feedback, but the reality of the situation is there are just not enough hours in the day to do that and develop the game, so we have to have a balance.

I am not talking about feedback.

I spend time (like a lot of ppl) writing here. I have a full time work too and is not in this forum.

There is a LOT of community coordinators, reading (and deleting) post, mostly in wvw section. If i read the forum few min a day and i can resume the problems of wvw in few lines, like someone already said, they are pretty obvious. You don’t need to spend a lot of time to know what happen in wvw. Anyone in arenanet can bring that information to the dev, like community coordinators, if devs can’t play wvw to see what happen there or read the forum.

But really, the problems are pretty obvious, if they haven’t time to see it (in game or in the forum) i think the devs are working blind.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Jade Quarry +595
Blackgate +50
Sanctum of Rall +50

What do you expect them to do. People cry and cry about queues, now they give us a map that solves that. People cry for a new map, we get one. It’s the person’s choice where they want to play. It’s like asking Anet to remove EB because nobody plays the borderlands. You have no argument.

What part of “what we really want is for ANet to fix WvW” did you not understand?? WvW could and should be the superior PvP mode compared with EOTM (more extensive strategy, cleaner maps, less PvE, larger scale, more focused objectives, etc) but it has been crippled by an ignorantly designed matchmaking system and all it took was EOTM to prove the point. You act like we should be happy we got a turkey sandwich to replace the Thanksgiving Day meal that got ruined.

Dude people are going to play what they enjoy more. Also you are judging it;s population based on it’s first week of release. Of course it’s going to be high, but soon people may come back to wvw and play that again. You act like Anet should force people to play wvw instead of EOTM because you are shorthanded. It’s their choice. My server loses nearly half our wvw population every major PVE update, I don’t complain about that. People will play what they want to, nothing you can do to change that.

Work on your comprehension skills. I never said (or even implied) that ANet should force people to play WvW. What I said was that I and others would much prefer to play WvW if ANet had not ignored so many of its flaws … population imbalance and coverage dominance being the most egregious. You stated that we should be happy that ANet gave us EOTM and quit complaining that they still haven’t fixed WvW when the smarter play would have been to simply make WvW faction based like they did with EOTM. I ONLY play EOTM now … but the reality is that the success of EOTM mostly highlights what a blown opportunity ANet had with WvW.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Hey all,

- A

My three requests for a new CDI for WvW, in order of priority:

1. follow through on the first WvW CDI

2. follow through on the first WvW CDI

3. follow through on the first WvW CDI

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Collaborative development is just a way to give people a place to complain logically in a nice manner and waste our time. The issues are pretty clear and the possible solutions are abundant and many of them simple.

^this^ about 100 times over

It’s simply inane to think that the devs haven’t been able to get a pulse of what’s wrong with WvW by now, and collect a few of the better suggestions from players on how to address those problems. Asking us to participate in one CDI after another with practically zero feedback or action from anything related to WvW is just a farce. Do I sound frustrated? kitten straight I am.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Jade Quarry +595
Blackgate +50
Sanctum of Rall +50

Work on your comprehension skills. I never said (or even implied) that ANet should force people to play WvW. What I said was that I and others would much prefer to play WvW if ANet had not ignored so many of its flaws … population imbalance and coverage dominance being the most egregious. You stated that we should be happy that ANet gave us EOTM and quit complaining that they still haven’t fixed WvW when the smarter play would have been to simply make WvW faction based like they did with EOTM. I ONLY play EOTM now … but the reality is that the success of EOTM mostly highlights what a blown opportunity ANet had with WvW.

Yes but how is that EOTM’s fault. You say the EOTM is bad because Anet didn’t fix any outstanding issues. EOTM is a step in the right direction atleast, but it didn’t make anything worse as you’ve implied.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Jade Quarry +595
Blackgate +50
Sanctum of Rall +50

Yes but how is that EOTM’s fault. You say the EOTM is bad because Anet didn’t fix any outstanding issues. EOTM is a step in the right direction atleast, but it didn’t make anything worse as you’ve implied.

Try again … this time harder. I never said that EOTM is “bad” … I said it falls way short of what WvW could and should have been. Players wanted ANet to fix WvW, but Anet didn’t. Instead they gave us a new map with some of the fixes we wanted for WvW but without the breadth and depth of WvW. Go back and reread my “sandwich instead of a burnt dinner” analogy.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Well, I think you’re half right.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Well Eotm is build for zerging, door hp alone is a good example for that.

This ^^.

Also, WvW is in trouble. Why? This forum has given a ton of good ideas. A main rep for ANET (not allie) came and said we do not represent what people want and so most of those ideas are disregarded.

A perfect example of the CDI that was done here recently on population balance. There were a ton of ideas given. ANET barely responded and when they did, it was to ask about changing the transfer rate based on WvW population. That was pretty much it.

ANET has a vision for WvW. Unfortunately, it will be a vision that only they end up playing. Hint ANET: PvE is not the solution.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Cactus.2710

This ^^.

Also, WvW is in trouble. Why? This forum has given a ton of good ideas. A main rep for ANET (not allie) came and said we do not represent what people want and so most of those ideas are disregarded.

A perfect example of the CDI that was done here recently on population balance. There were a ton of ideas given. ANET barely responded and when they did, it was to ask about changing the transfer rate based on WvW population. That was pretty much it.

And the CDI on the commander system, which also had a ton of good ideas on improvements and enhancements, got only a half-hearted comment from the dev that maybe … just maybe … different colored tags might … just might … be worth investigating some day.

Why anybody would bother participating in a new WvW CDI is beyond me. Scratching scabs sounds more productive.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I’m sure Anet has some way to monitor the numbers of their WvW populations. I would be very curious what they think of the impact EOTM. It always comes down to cause and effect. Are they happy what has transpired with the watering down of the WvW population?

I will be very curious how they respond. I think it’s a fork in the road for many people. Some people hate the new EOTM, some people love it. You can’t please everyone. They will need to decide though so people can make a decision to stay or go.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

This ^^.

ANET has a vision for WvW. Unfortunately, it will be a vision that only they end up playing. Hint ANET: PvE is not the solution.

PvE is the solution though.

If you find a way to combine both the PvE community and WvW community towards a common goal = 24/7 map fills on all servers in WvW (or something like it).

Don’t believe me? Look at the server populations, majority of the servers are high, very high, or full for NA. If that entire population were to contribute to WvW there would be no “coverage problem.”

The separation of PvE players and WvW players is the problem we are facing now. Servers that are either full or very high but are mainly filled with PvE players that contribute nothing to the servers WvW.

If you can figure out a way to tap into that PvE population, the issue with coverage problems in WvW are gone.

Ideas?
- Dragons in WvW. Kill a dragon = get the castle and dragon protects your castle.
- What would WvWers do then? Protect the PvEr’s trying to take a tower/castle.
- No more siege, at all.
- Make the map into a LoL style map, meaning WvWers are trying to push a “lane” while the PvEr’s are trying to take castles/towers on enemy lines.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I think you underestimate the hatred of WvW for PvE people and vice versa. The PvE will enter WvW if they have to but they enter kicking and screaming. The multiple posts complaining about it are numerous.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

Increase WvW Drop rate and rewards more than PvE Champ farms. I’m sure people will flock into WvW.

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Don’t believe me? Look at the server populations, majority of the servers are high, very high, or full for NA. If that entire population were to contribute to WvW there would be no “coverage problem.”

Those include inactive accounts and so are misleading. If you actually guest to some of the servers its clear the PvE population is very small compared to the highest pop servers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Itukaaj.5628

Itukaaj.5628

urieldhynne.2743, I completely understand your frustration. We would all love it if we could spend our time reading the forums and responding to feedback, but the reality of the situation is there are just not enough hours in the day to do that and develop the game, so we have to have a balance.

The Collaborative Development threads are a huuuuuuuge help for us to see what the consensus is from the community on the state of the game. It puts your feelings into 3 short suggestions that you would like to see implemented, which means we can read through them faster and get a better idea of how the majority is feeling.

I don’t mean to say that your efforts have gone unnoticed, because they haven’t. It just makes our lives much easier when your feedback is concise.

Uhm… Fix ability lag and abilities not going off and disconnects. Is that concise enough? Cause the game is getting harder to play and it is broken on the server end.

Ayjay Reckless-necro
YOHO (A Pirates Life for Me)

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

From the looks of it EoTM has something WvW doesn’t, people on it at all times. It’s not because its new but its because people from various servers get pooled into one. This makes time zones irrelevant. The best solution is to combine servers for WvW into alliances so smaller servers can compete against another and fill the borderland. For example JQ stacked? No problem put combine 2 lower tier servers into BG/SoR to help fill the gap, you not only solved the problem with one server simply 100 man map zerging down 10 players, u also fixed WvW staleness as you’ll see fresh faces and fight new players/guilds that play very different from one another.

Of course you inherently run into problems where one team can’t collaborate as well on teamspeak, but given time you’ll have dedicated small strong WvW hardcore guilds that can carry themselves.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

NONO I do not want random commanders and servers coming into BG.

We have created a strong server pride and a solid fighting force through this last year or so and having randoms come into the server will only ruin that.
They would not have TS access, they would be more trolley because there are no consequences. and so on. IT is a bad idea.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

In my experience WvW is still a higher quality of fight, eotm is a higher frequency of fight. Eotm is to the brim with really, really terrible players. Maybe it’s the reason that a lot of people go there – it makes you feel good. I’ve been there for two sessions and we can regularly do 3v8-10 or more.

Maybe in the far future when EoTM is no longer the hot stuff, the frequency of pve players will be equal to WvW and it can replace it. Then we may be able to get high frequency and quality fights.

All of the things going for EoTM are due to cross server functionality, though. The geography and the amount of tedious gimmicks is still an issue.

If I had my wishes fufilled, they would have just put that same cross-server functionality onto the already existing WvW maps, nerfed some of the turtling aspects, and we’d be living in a dream paradise of good fights, high frequency, good geography, no siege turtles.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Bao Lin Nda.1042

Bao Lin Nda.1042

Well, the first season (in EU, no idea about NA) wasn’t that unbalanced as it is now. The reason is very simple: A lot of bigger guilds transfered to lower ranked servers (esp. silver) because they couldn’t get on the maps without waiting several hours. So the queues applied big pressure on the overpopulated servers and gave new life to the low populated ones. Right after the season ended – most transfered players/guilds rushed back to the top ranked servers – that’s what we have now (again). And what happened? Anet gave those players a waiting map. Great. Epic fail.
Either Anet reworks the complete realm system or we will see many almost dead servers in the lower ranks. I doubt that the next season will apply the same pressure on overpopulated server, Anet gave them a warm and cozy anteroom called EotM.
But even now on the low ranked servers, all you see are not-that-giant-as-in-T1-Blobbs-but-still-Blobbs fighting doors. Tbh, I almost gave up GW2/WvW.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

PvE is the solution though.

PVE player is the first players who left the game when new game with new content is release. I think is like that PVE=coop vs ai/single player game. PVP=team based vs game.

Server population is a lie. A lot of servers are full of inactive accounts, a lot of ppl left the game long time ago. You are from BG. Guest into low tier servers and you will see. I was on SF, i know what i am talking about. I should many times to guest in JQ/BG to do something related with pve

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Problem: A big problem is the fact that some wvw maps on some servers are empty from time to time. Giving other servers a free ticket to world domination

Possible solution: When map population drops to “Outnumbered”, extra NPC guards get added with the number and strength depending on the upgrades of the tower/keep.

Example:

• unupgraded tower = veteran patrol
  • upgraded tower = + veteran gate keeper
  • unupgraded keep = veteran arrowcart gunner
  • upgraded keep = veteran cannon gunner

Next to that, more players should get attracted to WvW. The perfect situation would be full maps in every server.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay