What Happened To WvW?

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Acc WXP or at least the possibility to retrait would be a start,…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Werkuh.2579

Werkuh.2579

Example:

• unupgraded tower = veteran patrol
  • upgraded tower = + veteran gate keeper
  • unupgraded keep = veteran arrowcart gunner
  • upgraded keep = veteran cannon gunner

And how long do you think will an Veteran last against a 60+ blob? How long do you think an automatic cannon will fire when 60 people spike it? I’d say less than a quarter second for the Veteran, maybe 5 seconds for the cannon.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

And how long do you think will an Veteran last against a 60+ blob? How long do you think an automatic cannon will fire when 60 people spike it? I’d say less than a quarter second for the Veteran, maybe 5 seconds for the cannon.

The only NPC’s that helps are NPC’s on all placed and currently unmanned defensive siege. I even fear it makes defense unbeatable, if well placed.

Would definitely add some nice strategic options and would make karma-trains impossible.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

PvE is the solution though.

Don’t believe me? Look at the server populations, majority of the servers are high, very high, or full for NA. If that entire population were to contribute to WvW there would be no “coverage problem.”

PVE player is the first players who left the game when new game with new content is release. I think is like that PVE=coop vs ai/single player game. PVP=team based vs game.

Server population is a lie. A lot of servers are full of inactive accounts, a lot of ppl left the game long time ago. You are from BG. Guest into low tier servers and you will see. I was on SF, i know what i am talking about. I should many times to guest in JQ/BG to do something related with pve

I keep reading this. I will tell you what my Sr VP tells us, do not come to me with problems come to me with solutions.

Solution? Inactive for 30 days = no home server. When they come back they have to choose a new home server.

Problem fixed.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Example:

• unupgraded tower = veteran patrol
  • upgraded tower = + veteran gate keeper
  • unupgraded keep = veteran arrowcart gunner
  • upgraded keep = veteran cannon gunner

Well you can’t say as it all depends on how its implemented.

It was just an example, but I imagine if one or two players decide to take over the map at night. It will make a hell lot of difference. Imagine these guards to be scaling like boss scaling in PvE? It all depends…

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I guess we’re a bit puzzled that the last WvW CDI on Commander tag functionality was LOADED with feedback and what we got was our own tags blocking our view (NOBODY asked for that…) and an increase in the price to buy them that specifically contradicts what was discussed about tags having value in both WvW and PvE situations.

All delivered in complete silence as to what was the goal of these changes is and without patch notes to boot.

This is a pretty legitimate complaint.

Asking for feedback is great, communication is helpful to all sides. But a valid argument can be made that asking for feedback, then ignoring it and in fact doing things contrary to what was requested, is worse than not asking for feedback in the first place. It’s frustrating and demoralizing.

The problems with WvW are manifest and well-known. A lengthy CDI process at this point strikes many players as simply kicking the can.

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

Don’t believe me? Look at the server populations, majority of the servers are high, very high, or full for NA. If that entire population were to contribute to WvW there would be no “coverage problem.”

Those include inactive accounts and so are misleading. If you actually guest to some of the servers its clear the PvE population is very small compared to the highest pop servers.

Unless they changed it, according to ANet it only reflects accounts logged in, not total stored on the server.

As of this moment there are no High servers for NA, all are Very High and 1 is Full.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that we’re working on another Collaborative Development initiative that we will be rolling out soon. So, start thinking about some things you would like to see in WvW, and watch out for the new thread!

- A

Griefing would be one of them.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

PvE is the solution though.

If you find a way to combine both the PvE community and WvW community towards a common goal = 24/7 map fills on all servers in WvW (or something like it).

The separation of PvE players and WvW players is the problem we are facing now. Servers that are either full or very high but are mainly filled with PvE players that contribute nothing to the servers WvW.

If you can figure out a way to tap into that PvE population, the issue with coverage problems in WvW are gone.

Ideas?
- Dragons in WvW. Kill a dragon = get the castle and dragon protects your castle.
- What would WvWers do then? Protect the PvEr’s trying to take a tower/castle.
- No more siege, at all.
- Make the map into a LoL style map, meaning WvWers are trying to push a “lane” while the PvEr’s are trying to take castles/towers on enemy lines.

No.

“PvE only” players don’t do WvW because they don’t want to go up against other players. Adding PvE content to WvW will not change their minds. Adding PvE achievements to WvW will get them in temporarily (as seen with a few LS updates) but they hate it.

WvW players don’t want maps full of PvE zergs running around hitting whatever commanders tell them to. Most WvW players don’t want PvE content getting in the way of real WvW, like the toxic alliance did recently.

I don’t think any of those four ideas would appeal to PvE players or WvW players.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I still dont see why they reduced the variety in the matchups. It just adds to the monotony.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I guess we’re a bit puzzled that the last WvW CDI on Commander tag functionality was LOADED with feedback and what we got was our own tags blocking our view (NOBODY asked for that…) and an increase in the price to buy them that specifically contradicts what was discussed about tags having value in both WvW and PvE situations.

All delivered in complete silence as to what was the goal of these changes is and without patch notes to boot.

Asking for feedback is great, communication is helpful to all sides. But a valid argument can be made that asking for feedback, then ignoring it and in fact doing things contrary to what was requested, is worse than not asking for feedback in the first place. It’s frustrating and demoralizing.

The problems with WvW are manifest and well-known. A lengthy CDI process at this point strikes many players as simply kicking the can.

Great post. Somebody should write a script to bump it about once per hour for the next two months … after which I probably won’t care.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

There are no problems to solve. People are playing as they want. Let it go. If you enjoy beating on doors and are motivated by ppt, go to regular wvw. If you enjoy killing enemies go to Eotm. Simple. Please don’t invent problems that don’t exist.

OP’d thief, lol

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

There are no problems to solve. People are playing as they want. Let it go. If you enjoy beating on doors and are motivated by ppt, go to regular wvw. If you enjoy killing enemies go to Eotm. Simple. Please don’t invent problems that don’t exist.

You are my hero bro if you are getting EoTM instances about fights….I have joined that cesspool over 20 times and it was always a karma training pvdoorfest…

Assuming you don’t mean 50v50 fights…theres plenty of that zergy garbage I guess.

Mag Server Leader

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

CAN WE PLEASE GET AN OVERFLOW SYSTEM FOR THE OS?

Please and thank you.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I think after the initial hype EoTM will settle down, but I certainly wont be going back to WvW unless I am crafting, until I am not in T1 NA anymore.

I still dont see why they reduced the variety in the matchups. It just adds to the monotony.

Probably because it lead to blowouts?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Great post. Somebody should write a script to bump it about once per hour for the next two months … after which I probably won’t care.

Yep, it is a great post. Sadly also accurate. Which is why I don’t get too involved in the feedback posts.

What it seems like is Anet has an idea of what they would like to implement next. They start a feedback post. What they hope for is that their idea is suggested in the feedback post. Then they can implement it and say “see, we listen to you”

If their idea isn’t introduced in their feedback post they implement it anyways.

It’s like the con man stories from long ago. A guy would have a store selling potions and cures. If you were pregnant, you drank one potion to guarantee a boy, or another potion to guarantee a girl. When you delivered your baby, it was a 50/50 chance the potion worked or didn’t work. if it worked, the merchant and purchaser was happy. The purchaser would get her money returned if it didn’t work.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

There are no problems to solve.

Perhaps for you, but others want to actually enjoy proper WvW the way it was portrayed when the game launched, and that means solving some of the many problems that have been laid out numerous times.

I have no idea what you’re trying to accomplish with your posts, but they uniformly come across as incredibly self-centered and childish.

What it seems like is Anet has an idea of what they would like to implement next. They start a feedback post. What they hope for is that their idea is suggested in the feedback post. Then they can implement it and say “see, we listen to you”

If their idea isn’t introduced in their feedback post they implement it anyways.

I don’t think it’s anything that nefarious. It’s just a simple manifestation of the usual clash between plans and reality. I’m sure there are a lot of things they’d like to do but don’t have the resources for, and other things that are in progress but they aren’t allowed to talk about.

Years ago I worked as a programmer for a company that had its own in-house development platform. The first time I went to my boss with feedback for improvements, he put it on the “master todo list” and showed the list to me. It had hundreds of entries, and he basically said that anything with a priority below “A” likely would never be addressed. And that was a much simpler piece of software than GW2.

That said, I think it would be good for Arenanet to be a bit less coy about what’s coming in the future and give us more of an outline of their broader plans. There’s just too much “we want to hear what you want to see!” without follow-up, and too little transparency about what’s coming down the pike.

While making specific promises can lead to disappointment and anger, they seem to be leaning too far in the other direction now. There are serious issues with WvW, many of which have now been made worse by EotM, and a lot of folks who might have stuck around if they knew major improvements were coming are just going to wander away because of the lack of proper communication.

Once those people leave, it’s very hard to get them to come back. I started playing GW2 after leaving my previous MMO over these same sorts of issues (only to a much worse degree) and haven’t been seriously tempted to return. If WvW is allowed to rot on the vine, that’s not going to leave much reason for me to keep playing, given that PvP is even more neglected and there’s no real PvE endgame in GW2.

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.9124

Fade.9124

Jade Quarry +535
Blackgate +75
Sanctum of Rall +85

EotM sure is doing great things for WvW.

SOR quit and looking fwd to t2
BG is tanking so they can get rid of scrubs and noobs to hopefully go to JQ, get shorter queues and better players/guilds to come over.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Congrats on sticking to form.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

So allowing people the freedom to play as they want is childish? Nothing is preventing you from playing wvw as it was advertised. It’s a free market mentality. Have at it. Your posts advocate actions to direct people back to wvw. If you want to make wvw more interesting, great. You seem to be advocating a more heavy handed approach to restrict playing in Eotm and forcing people into wvw. I reject that notion. Live and let live.

OP’d thief, lol

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

If even 10% of those accounts is still active on a daily base… I would be very surprised.

Vabbi is medium population… guess what: our zergs reach 30-40 every few days and most people that are on Vabbi only play WvW. I know most people on Vabbi by sight, except those few new players.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Forzani.2584

So allowing people the freedom to play as they want is childish? …….. Live and let live.

I agree 100%

I am sure there are games that I play that you would hate and vice versa. How could anyone criticize that?

I just know that EOTM is not my cup of tea. If that’s where the majority of people want to play, then the masses have spoken. Just means I will need to find another game. That’s life

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

There are no problems to solve.

Such a sad way to look at things….I hope you are prepared for the trolling you will get next month when you are hired as the new Community WvW Rep for Anet. (With that logic/way of thinking)

Mag Server Leader

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

It puts your feelings into 3 short suggestions that you would like to see implemented…

I hope you realize that after seeing absolutely nothing from the last CDI thread get implemented, this is like asking grown-ups to send their wish list to the North Pole on Christmas.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Cactus.2710

urieldhynne.2743, I completely understand your frustration. We would all love it if we could spend our time reading the forums and responding to feedback, but the reality of the situation is there are just not enough hours in the day to do that and develop the game, so we have to have a balance.

The Collaborative Development threads are a huuuuuuuge help for us to see what the consensus is from the community on the state of the game. It puts your feelings into 3 short suggestions that you would like to see implemented, which means we can read through them faster and get a better idea of how the majority is feeling.

I don’t mean to say that your efforts have gone unnoticed, because they haven’t. It just makes our lives much easier when your feedback is concise.

So that’s pretty much an admission that the great majority of the heartfelt suggestions that have been made by players over the last several months were really never even heard. Figured as much.

But if you folks can’t be bothered to actually scan and summarize the stuff that’s already parked in your archives, why don’t you just ask us to do it for you? I’m serious … there are probably enough players who would still be willing to do so and it should be trivial to scan those and pick out the “concise” and constructive ones that you might actually be willing to read. The way it is now, most of the players who truly cared about WvW have already thrown in the towel as far as expecting any action to come from their suggestions and most of what you’re getting now in response to your Cliff Notes solicitations is minor fluff compared with the core problems of the game.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

So allowing people the freedom to play as they want is childish?

Dismissing others’ concerns and complaints because you like the current state of affairs is childish.

Your posts advocate actions to direct people back to wvw. If you want to make wvw more interesting, great.

Yes, that’s what most people want. Welcome to the thread.

You seem to be advocating a more heavy handed approach to restrict playing in Eotm and forcing people into wvw.

I never said anything of the sort. Arguing against strawmen is also pretty childish.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Another CDI, when the solid suggestions from the first one have not been implemented.

Why? Our suggestions aren’t going to change.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You are my hero bro if you are getting EoTM instances about fights….I have joined that cesspool over 20 times and it was always a karma training pvdoorfest…

Assuming you don’t mean 50v50 fights…theres plenty of that zergy garbage I guess.

Yeah, he is just plain wrong (as with a lot of his posts). eotm is about PvE and zerging. It is not about fights.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Another CDI, when the solid suggestions from the first one have not been implemented.

Why? Our suggestions aren’t going to change.

Yep, if not implementation at least a plan.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Forzani.2584

Everyone can debate all they like. Bottom line is now the 2nd and 3rd place teams have a place to vacate to now….and they will. The old path of least resistance theory. It makes real world WvW pointless when only you and a handful of people are the only ones out there from your server and you don’t own a tower or a keep and outmanned.

It reminds me of older daoc when the populations were dropping. Was hard to find a good fight….and that was the reason I left.

Cause and effect Anet. This is what you created. Hopefully it works out for you cause it isn’t working for me…and apparently others.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Been hard to find opponents tonight (and yesterday come to think of it) – ran around both enemy borderlands and could count the number of fights (1v1, 1v2) on one hand. Didn’t see a single enemy zerg.

EB had a few more, but eotm was equally hard to find players to fight – surprisingly empty in a few instances with our side dominating – I guess some instances are unbalanced in population?

Pretty boring, I know it’s a weekday night but would expect more people even so.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

TC should be given a shot at T1 since they still care about PPT in WvW more than SoR…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Forzani.2584

Another horrible night of no fights. Ghost town.