What Stab has done to GvG/fight guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I dont see why people should be forced, almost 3 years after release, to adapt to a playstyle they do not enjoy. I can totally understand anyone who quits playing WvW because of this.

But you were fine with 4 classes making up the vast majority of compositions in every large group from 20 players up, you were fine with the “balance” that there were usually more guardians in everything from a 20 man GvG group to a zone blob, than there were engies, rangers, thieves & mesmers put together.

How about the times in team/map chat when someone asks what is a good build for ranger or engy, and all they get back are replies like “reroll”,“alt-f4”, etc, did you simply laugh at the engy / ranger or did you actually make posts on this forum decrying the balance in WvW and that these classes needed help?

The lack of objectivity and level of hypocrisy in these threads is hilarious.

I really do not believe that stab changes have brought more variety to the classes who were needed in the old meta. Probably it just increased the number of necros and eles.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

This is thread is full of people crying about the changes in stab when it could be used as a means to create a discussion about how to counter the change. Which guilds have done btw. BMO, FUN, PS, DUI, IX, BAE and many other guilds have delt or are dealing with the changes and have had success so maybe ask why your guild hasn’t rather than complaining the game is broke. Lol

Having to deal with an imposed change of this proportion is not necessary fun, mate.
If people do not like anymore how WvW is played, well let them complain. Not everybody is a sheep yo.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: requiem.5279

requiem.5279

Oh man… the “skilled players” are now having trouble with stability changes…. somehow you would think they would be able see beyond the GWEN meta but here we are….

The GvG scene is all but dead, since now the meta seems to be extreme CC with no frontline, making half the classes NOT EVEN WORTH PLAYING

The irony….

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

So basically we went from GWEN to EN.

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Not true at all mate. Stability was never as powerful as many think. There are many ways how to control enemy who has stability most notably via condition control (immob chill etc)… stability was never mindless or permanent – at least not after the boon duration nerf ages ago where the guards were no longer able to get over 75% boon duration resulting in ridiculously long stabilities…

Not anymore – not for a long time now…

Soon resistance will enter the stage. A boon that negates all conditions for a certain time. In future there is a very reduced possibility to control people with chill, immobilize, blind, fear etc. Depending on how great the accessibility is resistance will be as important/powerful as stability. Imagine a whole 20/30 man guild with 12 s stability (old form) and 12 s resistance. This would be too OP.

I think they changed stability to balance it against resistance.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I really do not believe that stab changes have brought more variety to the classes who were needed in the old meta. Probably it just increased the number of necros and eles.

I actually think it will bring a bit more variety once people realize the massive advantage that range has. Not range classes, but actual range. As in 1500 range pewpew Rangers and nade Engineers.

GWEN is still in effect in raids, but if you look at combat behaviour now its more about melee cover for the necros and eles that end up at a 1200 range stalemate, tickling the frontline, until someone pushes. In open field fights, having a secondary backline which can put constant pressure deeper into enemy lines will force them to action. Which either make them run away or bring them into range of the primary backline. I suppose you could consider it ironic that the Guardians role might move from being a frontline soldier to… uh… a guardian.

Of course the enviroment and clever tactics can be used to negate alot of this, but it could do that before too.

But I dont know, its still early.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

Warriors are still good for camp flipping though.

But don’t despair fellow warriors, we will get a staff and join the pirate ship crew. Yarr \s

(edited by Pixelninja.6971)

in WvW

Posted by: iStrafex.9018

iStrafex.9018

How is it every one here is complaining about new stability changes while my guild goes out every night and continues to wipe bigger numbers. If anything the new stability changes are welcomed and make things more fun, and frankly people don’t know how to adapt. Everyone wants to press stability and walk through a melee bomb without a scratch. Hit the sides, go in go out, don’t expect to get away with your kittenty style of play anymore because you WILL get punished for it.

You guys like that pirateship crap. I can’t stand it but despite that we’ll end up having to follow like everyone else because it’s the ONLY viable way to raid / gvg now. With old stab there were a ton of different styles to choose from.

[oT] Ominous Threat – Leader
IGN: Ominous Strafe
Server: FA —> SoS

(edited by iStrafex.9018)

in WvW

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I don’t see why loosing a couple of gvg players would be an impact on the game.
They ate up slots on the maps, unless they were exclusively meeting in OS, so their home-servers can actually be happy to get more ppt willing players.
And since the meta shifted and they refuse to adapt, their outdated knowledge / skills are also not a big loss for the community-hivemind as well.
There was literally nothing of value lost.

New people will emerge to continue abusing wvw for a game-mode that was never planned / supported in that manner, so you most likely don’t have to wait more than 2-3 weeks to turn on twitch for new streamers to entertain you, or annoy your current map-population by spectating directly and blocking slots on it.
Nothing really has changed.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in WvW

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

How is it every one here is complaining about new stability changes while my guild goes out every night and continues to wipe bigger numbers. If anything the new stability changes are welcomed and make things more fun, and frankly people don’t know how to adapt. Everyone wants to press stability and walk through a melee bomb without a scratch. Hit the sides, go in go out, don’t expect to get away with your kittenty style of play anymore because you WILL get punished for it.

You guys like that pirateship crap. I can’t stand it but despite that we’ll end up having to follow like everyone else because it’s the ONLY viable way to raid / gvg now. With old stab there were a ton of different styles to choose from.

We don’t try to pirate ship but lately we have had small front line so we do what we can. Currently trying to get a couple more front line right now. What we have been doing is baiting our enemies first stab then leaping in after it’s done leaving them to sit there wondering what to do.

Here was the last fight we had with you on the day of Stability change for an example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWQhUmCbj4c&t=350

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Dear god… Quite a few people in this thread don’t understand encounters at all….

Stability is not an “I WIN” button. If you stab up and leap in to a bunch of red circles dropped by the enemy zerg it’s very likely you will be dead if you are coordinating with your allies.

And people calling for “Adapt or leave” clearly don’t understand something here. PEOPLE HAVE ADAPTED. Guilds have adapted. Does that mean they like the current WvW situation? Hell no.

To think that coordinated, teamplay would be stripped out of WvW is mind-boggling. Attempting to push into a zerg larger than YOURS would simply end up with your group being snared and wiped. So the best way to not wipe is to not engage.

Let me say that again. The best way to wipe is to NOT ENGAGE. The best thing you could do is lure a zerg to a tower you have siege’d up and wipe them there. So every server will turn into Yak’s Bend.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Vandy.5693

Vandy.5693

@Arantheal I’m on a T1 server and the other day (and frequently) we were outmanned on EB and all but one BL in NA time zone. So I don’t think fight guilds are really taking up slots in map when they are nowhere near full most of the time anyway.
Also, if so many guilds are “abusing wvw” then what does that tell you about the ppt game…its boring.

in WvW

blakdoxa.7520

They ate up slots on the maps, unless they were exclusively meeting in OS, so their home-servers can actually be happy to get more ppt willing players.
And since the meta shifted and they refuse to adapt, their outdated knowledge / skills are also not a big loss for the community-hivemind as well.

New people will emerge to continue abusing wvw for a game-mode that was never planned / supported in that manner, so you most likely don’t have to wait more than 2-3 weeks to turn on twitch for new streamers to entertain you, or annoy your current map-population by spectating directly and blocking slots on it.

I don’t think you understand where your WvW community is at. It’s not entirely in-game and it’s not the pugs you were running with mindlessly following the pugmander. Many servers have their on TS servers, their own server community sites and there’s even a generally WvW site that many dedicated WvW’ers go to check out the match up threads.

Do you participate in any of these? or are you just one of those people who say they are part of WvW community just cause they play in WvW, cause you’re missing out.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Dear god… Quite a few people in this thread don’t understand encounters at all….

Stability is not an “I WIN” button. If you stab up and leap in to a bunch of red circles dropped by the enemy zerg it’s very likely you will be dead if you are coordinating with your allies.

And people calling for “Adapt or leave” clearly don’t understand something here. PEOPLE HAVE ADAPTED. Guilds have adapted. Does that mean they like the current WvW situation? Hell no.

To think that coordinated, teamplay would be stripped out of WvW is mind-boggling. Attempting to push into a zerg larger than YOURS would simply end up with your group being snared and wiped. So the best way to not wipe is to not engage.

Let me say that again. The best way to wipe is to NOT ENGAGE. The best thing you could do is lure a zerg to a tower you have siege’d up and wipe them there. So every server will turn into Yak’s Bend.

I agree stability is not an I win button. It absolutely was a “I can ignore entire utility and elite skill sets button” though.

I know I have not felt a need to sit back and range fight when I am commannding. I simply can not rush in and expect to completely ignore CC anymore.

By the way, perhaps you should allow those other guilds and players to post for themselves. If your argument has merit, let it do so on its own. Trying to paraphrase for everyone else and imply you can speak on their behalf is disingenuous, and helps no one.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

the battle in gw2 designed for 5 vs 5 . see the skills limits and you can understand it easy .

gvg and wvw guilds was an unexpected gift for the game and anet is trying 2 years to kill it or to make it a niche extreme sport , with many ways and behaviors .

this is the definition of the “shooting in the leg” phrace meaning

P.S. i am not in any wvw or gvg guild now ( i was for a limit periods these 2 years in various wvw guilds , but my age can not afford the heat in these battles ) and i had fight them when they passed the limits in my server , but i recognize that this style of fight gives to the game something unique and it advertise the game and ofc … it doesn’t take anything !

if someone wants to measure the truth he has just to see how many of youtube wvw videos was from gvg / wvw guilds , how many from roamers and how many from pug commanders and also the views of them !

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Posted by: iStrafex.9018

iStrafex.9018

We don’t try to pirate ship but lately we have had small front line so we do what we can. Currently trying to get a couple more front line right now. What we have been doing is baiting our enemies first stab then leaping in after it’s done leaving them to sit there wondering what to do.

Here was the last fight we had with you on the day of Stability change for an example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWQhUmCbj4c&t=350

yea that’s what we were told but whether or not you guys intentional did it or just naturally happened that way. That ranged comp is the meta right now.

I remember that fight but it wasn’t a matter of burning our 1st rotation of stab it was a matter of 3 down syndrome melee no dodging out of such an obvious bomb.

And not to discredit the video but none of those fights involved the FA level blobs we’ve been fighting since the change. Prior to the change our 15 man “balanced” comp had no problem taking on 2 guilds or map queues and sustaining for atleast 2+ mins before getting blobbed out. Now all stab cool downs are done within the first 10 seconds. We don’t expect to win massively outnumbered fights but with the old stab we tested our sustain and sometimes pulled out the win but now it’s next to impossible. We’ll see what happens when we get the people for a ranged comp.

[oT] Ominous Threat – Leader
IGN: Ominous Strafe
Server: FA —> SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Alex Caputo.7863

Alex Caputo.7863

Guys what you dont understand is that now stab has a timer and a limit. No offense to HG but they usually get absolutely wrcked, especially vs NS. What aoe CC fields are doing is effectively making superior numbers being able to focus more cc in a target area, blowing everybody up. Take 0 skill and im tired of anet making wvw a ferriweather place for casuals who play ranger. All i see now is mesmers pulls, engi turrets and its absolute cheese. Whatever GG anet you finally kittened me off and kittened this game up enough to have me quit after 2 and a half amazing years. But ya done kittened it up this time.

thehappybeard
Guild: Gotta Stomp Em [All]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

blakdoxa.7520

the battle in gw2 designed for 5 vs 5 . see the skills limits and you can understand it easy .

gvg and wvw guilds was an unexpected gift for the game and anet is trying 2 years to kill it or to make it a niche extreme sport , with many ways and behaviors .

P.S. i am not in any wvw or gvg guild now ( i was for a limit periods these 2 years in various wvw guilds , but my age can not afford the heat in these battles ) and i had fight them when they passed the limits in my server , but i recognize that this style of fight gives to the game something unique and it advertise the game and ofc … it doesn’t take anything !

Well it did occur to me that maybe the point of this change was to break up zergs and encourage smaller scale fights with this game being balanced around 5-man groups. Unfortunately wvw is unbalance simply because you can forgo that and run a 60+ blob and run from tower to tower.

Anet didn’t want to balance for zerging so they changed stab but running a blob doesn’t require stability at all. Stab was only important for open-field fights and pushing chokes. So the ability to engage in the open-field is crippled and now carries too much risk with varying outcomes solely dependent on your zerg size vs their zerg size.

To go back to my point on breaking up the zergs… Small man groups would go and capture objectives on their own to counter an enemy zerg’s effort to control the map. The new stab change makes sense for these small groups you see?

If this is what anet was trying to accomplish, changing things as they are now will be difficult as this is more focused towards PPT than fights.

A lot of guilds play WvW for the fights and when I was in my WvW guild that’s what we were all about. Seeking fights. Just making this change and implying people should be PPT-ing is going to draw a lot of ire (as it already has).

The pirate ship meta makes for terribly boring battles so it’s likely others will have to seek something else for their fights…

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Reborn.2934

@blakdoxa.7520 i will not fall to a mistake conclusion that they didn’t knew what result will had this change .

there are no stupid persons behind companies . they know what benefit or negative result will have every change , but sometimes an accident will happen any moment .

and i am sure we have a bad accident here .

friday night after reset and i see only 3 timers in camps for all 4 maps and for over 10 minutes …..

people stopped playing the wvw , because it is not fun the battle anymore ….. sad but truth

p.s. check by yourself http://gw2wvw.org/?region=2&tier=6

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Well it did occur to me that maybe the point of this change was to break up zergs and encourage smaller scale fights with this game being balanced around 5-man groups. Unfortunately wvw is unbalance simply because you can forgo that and run a 60+ blob and run from tower to tower.

Anet didn’t want to balance for zerging so they changed stab but running a blob doesn’t require stability at all. Stab was only important for open-field fights and pushing chokes. So the ability to engage in the open-field is crippled and now carries too much risk with varying outcomes solely dependent on your zerg size vs their zerg size.

To go back to my point on breaking up the zergs… Small man groups would go and capture objectives on their own to counter an enemy zerg’s effort to control the map. The new stab change makes sense for these small groups you see?

^Touche, problem ic here is the classes that migh be even more powerfull with their CC (has they were already powerfull before change) and i dont see anet changing that, player will still blob now with more heavy CC classes or will behave like eotm avoid fighthing.
Imo nothing will change or will change for worse, Anet didnt adressed the real problem but i hope im wrong.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

The stab change is great. Guardians and warriors are still usefull.

Working as intended.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: rainisword.7860

rainisword.7860

We just fought IX a few days ago. Heres a vid from a friends persepctive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lILje2NjRQ

Ye I felt cced more than normal, however I actually liked the things that evolved from the fight. Coordinating CC bombs more was pretty cool actually. In some other gvgs recently we tried sanctuary bombs which pretty much siege razered the enemy lol.

You just have to keep a much closer eye on your stacks and find a way to either CC them first or close the gap quick enough(from stealth maybe or other ways) to get right on top of them to CC them so they have to move.

in WvW

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I don’t think you understand where your WvW community is at. It’s not entirely in-game and it’s not the pugs you were running with mindlessly following the pugmander. Many servers have their on TS servers, their own server community sites and there’s even a generally WvW site that many dedicated WvW’ers go to check out the match up threads.

Do you participate in any of these? or are you just one of those people who say they are part of WvW community just cause they play in WvW, cause you’re missing out.

TS and Forum moderator for my Server’s WvW community. Our guilds are mainly PPT focused. We also have guilds that engage in GvG’s to off-times in OS, still they generally raid in favor for PPT as well. Our community is open and tolerant to everybody and simply focuses on getting along and supporting each other.
We had a guy in past who tried to recruit top-players from all these guilds to raise his very own GvG project, which resulted in nothing but drama, and him eventually transferring away. After that the community just continued to prosper and grow even larger.
So yea, seeing GvG-only guilds leaving the game and the GvG scene getting smaller and smaller is good news for the actual majority of WvW players.

edit: GvG’s in general would be a fun game-mode, but as it is currently, it’s not supported by a-net and the way the current GvG communit y organizes itself leeches on a game-mode that was simply not intended for this kind of play, which also disrupts the WvW experience of those who play WvW for its intended purpose: PPT.
So unless A-net provides a actual solution for the current situation with HoT or future expansions, my opinion stays as described above.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in WvW

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

Try to push a choke vs a blob now. lol.

It doesn’t end well.

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

in WvW

Posted by: Reztek.7805

Reztek.7805

Sincerely, all WvW players.

You did recognize that most real WvW players (those that play WvW for more than 1-2hrs during some “raid” and who don’t farm legendaries in between) like the new change?

Ranger/Mesmer/Thief/Warrior/Elementalist/Guardian/Engineer/Necromancer/Revenant

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

There is a diffence between an zergbusting/gvg/raid guild and map blobbing, and that difference is the level of coordination and skill that a raid group has.

you make it seem like there is such a vast difference. there isnt. guild groups do it on a smaller scale, most of which cant compete vs 2 times their numbers.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Try to push a choke vs a blob now. lol.

It doesn’t end well.

Why would you push a choke versus a blob at all before? The intelligent thing to do is catch a blob on a choke or bait them into one. The unintelligent thing to do is put yourself in a choke against a blob.

in WvW

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

Biggest issue I see is this change rewards ranged combat and punishes melee. If you can stay out of range and pew pew pew you are rewarded, but if you are forced to try and get to a target and stay with them to do dps you are going to be punished. I simply don’t see a way around it. Change is refreshing, but I don’t think this change is a positive one as it stands today.

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Sincerely, all WvW players.

You did recognize that most real WvW players (those that play WvW for more than 1-2hrs during some “raid” and who don’t farm legendaries in between) like the new change?

And the lie detector determined…..that was a LIE

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

What skill does the stab nerf even bring? All it does is encourage blobbing even more and people to just spam their cc at once. What Anet does and keeps doing is encourage blobbing with dumb stuff like wxp, eotm, crit damage nerf, and now the stab nerf. It screws any small groups that just wanna have fun fights against significant sized groups, but little by little Anet is just making it harder for that to happen.

People aren’t complaining because they are unskilled, dumb reason to begin with, but because it just isn’t fun. People gotta stop encouraging these type of changes.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

(edited by StealthSnake.9134)

in WvW

Posted by: Fallen.4317

Fallen.4317

Just to clarify, Syndictive didn’t go casual because of the stability change. We’re actually still drumming up ways to take advantage of it and defend against it.

A lot of us are just burnt out in the hardcore scene, lack of support from ArenaNet and lack of competition just make our way of playing too much work for not enough reward. You can rest assured that we will be back in full force for HoT’s release, as many of the GvG guilds will be coming back to see if we can have some fun with the new stuff being released.

You’ll still see [Syn] raiding, roaming, pvping, and even GvGing, but we’re definitely taking it easy.

As for the stability change, while I think that it has negatively affected the way we’re used to playing the game, a new meta will emerge. I loved melee, I mained both guardian and warrior and that’s why I’m a guild driver.. but this stability change definitely nerfs the ability for skill groups to use melee classes while outnumbered. WvW is not built for balance, however. This is why you have siege, and 80 man groups. This is a reality that people just need to come to terms with – you will always get the short stick if you’re trying to be a skill group in a game that has a more casual atmosphere such as GW2. Being a skill group is supposed to be a challenge, that’s the whole point of it.

Just my two cents.

Syndictive [Syn] #1 GvG Guild NA pre- Heart of Thorns
[Syn] Leader/Driver – Retired.

in WvW

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I think that the goal, considering the new borderland maps, is to force people to split up more and use terrain and siege weapons a lot more. How can you beat a zerg? terrain and bubble weapon + arrow carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

Working as intended.

Yeah, right. Warriors are still good for Banners, to rez the Driver when he gets pin-sniped. Great gameplay, i can’t wait to get on and play my Banner-bot. \s

Why should i play Warrior, when i can play my Necro and melt faces. I can’t remember the last time i was hit by a Hammer-stun, seriously.

(edited by Pixelninja.6971)

in WvW

Posted by: Sergie.7865

Sergie.7865

So much “this not fair!” Meh, fair, smair..learn, adapt or go play AA..hear they are looking for players. IMO Part of the fun in this game is learning to adapt to a new play-style..just to see if you can. Agree with above post..many are adapting and its fun to fight while everyone is working out the kinks.

Think about that warrior now..20+ stacks of stability for 10+ seconds. Yes! Oh wait…there are still necros, Ele’s that can stack stab just as high and pew pew rangers? NVM. Carry on..weeeeeeeeeeee Have fun…its a game.

Svid -FiST – SoS – “Here Since the Earth Cooled”

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I dont see why people should be forced, almost 3 years after release, to adapt to a playstyle they do not enjoy. I can totally understand anyone who quits playing WvW because of this.

Y’all gonna quit after every balance patch? In every game? Find another hobby or deal with it?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I love how all these old meta players with 60% guardians 20% warriors 1 -3 ele / necros now get their kitten handed to them when they cant just run around press sy and staff 1-1-1-1-1 these players are the worst ones in the game even pve players knows how to deal with static field without unlimited stability.
I made 3 stacks of lootbags from last matchup 232 of them which were after the nerf.
We have dealt with bigger zergs than ourselves just fine.
Adapt or go edge of the mist where you wont be missed.

in WvW

Reborn.2934

So much “this not fair!” Meh, fair, smair..learn, adapt or go play AA..hear they are looking for players. IMO Part of the fun in this game is learning to adapt to a new play-style..just to see if you can. Agree with above post..many are adapting and its fun to fight while everyone is working out the kinks.

Think about that warrior now..20+ stacks of stability for 10+ seconds. Yes! Oh wait…there are still necros, Ele’s that can stack stab just as high and pew pew rangers? NVM. Carry on..weeeeeeeeeeee Have fun…its a game.

since i already have patron in AA ( 1 day left and never re-sub ) and i know well what this game offers , i have to say only one word for combat .

crap

nobody goes to arena and all avoid the battle because it is not battle but ganks * all the time

• gank : stealth + cc + kite + high damage slkills = win

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Psst, they dont want to adapt and just running through big blobs with stability on spamming 11111111.

Funny though, people complained about hammer trains rushing through everything and they said its all fine. Now they will get affected by CC they have access too and now its a problem. Hypocrits.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Cig Halfblood.4015

Cig Halfblood.4015

And what about the Revenant class? Doesn’t it bring some yellow brick road of stability with it? like it literally creates a mobile stability field ahead of where it walks? This is only IIRC.

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.3072

Krustydog.3072

Bigger blobs and more boring fights.

Only ones cheering this on are the classes who had no place in the old meta.

You mean HALF of us?

SoR FTW

in WvW

Posted by: Shomaruki.7395

Shomaruki.7395

You know what I do when I see people charge in like that on my mesmer, I throw my focus down pull everyone dead center, throw a feedback bubble and tell my thieves spin marry go rounds inside of it….compound bolts OP

I’m the [Captain] of the T.Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

TS and Forum moderator for my Server’s WvW community. Our guilds are mainly PPT focused. We also have guilds that engage in GvG’s to off-times in OS, still they generally raid in favor for PPT as well. Our community is open and tolerant to everybody and simply focuses on getting along and supporting each other.
We had a guy in past who tried to recruit top-players from all these guilds to raise his very own GvG project, which resulted in nothing but drama, and him eventually transferring away. After that the community just continued to prosper and grow even larger.
So yea, seeing GvG-only guilds leaving the game and the GvG scene getting smaller and smaller is good news for the actual majority of WvW players.

edit: GvG’s in general would be a fun game-mode, but as it is currently, it’s not supported by a-net and the way the current GvG communit y organizes itself leeches on a game-mode that was simply not intended for this kind of play, which also disrupts the WvW experience of those who play WvW for its intended purpose: PPT.
So unless A-net provides a actual solution for the current situation with HoT or future expansions, my opinion stays as described above.

Are you from FSP [TT] guild?

in WvW

blakdoxa.7520

^Touche, problem ic here is the classes that migh be even more powerfull with their CC (has they were already powerfull before change) and i dont see anet changing that, player will still blob now with more heavy CC classes or will behave like eotm avoid fighthing.
Imo nothing will change or will change for worse, Anet didnt adressed the real problem but i hope im wrong.

I think that the goal, considering the new borderland maps, is to force people to split up more and use terrain and siege weapons a lot more. How can you beat a zerg? terrain and bubble weapon + arrow carts.

Alright let me make my case here.

Blobs of 60+ are neigh unbeatable now due to the stab stripping. So think of the stab change as a new initiative to split one’s zerg and “divide and conquer” a map. Instead of going along with the “pirate ship” meta or ranged blob vs blob, you break into smaller groups and attack multiple objectives at once. The enemy blob can roam around and take back objectives over time but they will likely lose the PPT fight for the week, as the blob can only be in one place at a time. As blobs shrink and form smaller groups to take or take back objectives, the new stability change suddenly makes sense. The CC problem blobs have now doesn’t seem like such a problem if you’re having 5 or even 10 man battles.

Theoretically, the occurrence of open-field battles will largely diminish but more smaller scale battles will be taking place around the map and will be more focused around towers. Siege will also be important but as it is now it NEEDS to be toned down if the meta is going to shift from blobs to smaller groups.

If this is what anet was aiming for, I honestly don’t know how it’s going to be accomplished with pugs and many fighting guilds don’t like the idea of fighting PPT. I wish anet could be clear about their intentions and be vocal about their disdain for blobbing.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Murksler.5261

Murksler.5261

Will not happen. Bigger blob equals more materials equals more siege equals faster breaking trough gates/walls equals faster flipping from objects.
So if small groups try to capture an object they need time, in this time the big blob can flip objects faster and after that they can defend their objects one after one.

So after all, bigger blob will still be the best.

in WvW

Posted by: Oobob.6754

Oobob.6754

our fights guild cancelled raid after this change. this is a huge boost to blobs, which our 20 person group was capable of sustaining against and handling.

there is no way to counter a blob with this. they have more cc and you no longer have a way to break it. people who were having trouble fighting unskilled blobs before this likely weren’t in organized groups, because it was certainly more possible than it is now.

sure there’s going to be a new meta, but it’s going to be boring pirate ship. as an ele main i liked the danger and mobility of avoiding their hammer train and sticking with mine. this is a bad change.

in WvW

blakdoxa.7520

Will not happen. Bigger blob equals more materials equals more siege equals faster breaking trough gates/walls equals faster flipping from objects.
So if small groups try to capture an object they need time, in this time the big blob can flip objects faster and after that they can defend their objects one after one.

So after all, bigger blob will still be the best.

Exactly. This isn’t going to break the blobs up so the stab change makes blobs even harder to deal with than before.
What sucks even more is that it will be like this till we see what changes are in store for WvW once HoT is out.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Xterra.6172

Xterra.6172

I agree, it is easier to come to the forums and complain instead of putting on your thinking cap and coming up with a new way to play ^.^

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I agree, it is easier to come to the forums and complain instead of putting on your thinking cap and coming up with a new way to play ^.^

We are almost 3 years after release. I am sure everything has been tried before, so coming up with a new way to play is like impossible.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Working as intended.

Yeah, right. Warriors are still good for Banners, to rez the Driver when he gets pin-sniped. Great gameplay, i can’t wait to get on and play my Banner-bot. \s

Why should i play Warrior, when i can play my Necro and melt faces. I can’t remember the last time i was hit by a Hammer-stun, seriously.

Still a usefull class for removing/converting conditions, aoe healing shouts, aoe fury, vigor, swiftness and might. Aoe ressing banner.

Hammer stun was almost useless before the stab change because everyone had almost perma stab.

If you want to play necro then just play necro.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Working as intended.

Still a usefull class for removing/converting conditions, aoe healing shouts, aoe fury, vigor, swiftness and might. Aoe ressing banner.

Hammer stun was almost useless before the stab change because everyone had almost perma stab.

If you want to play necro then just play necro.

Emmm but tell me, who play workers now? I can easly point u…no1 every pug warrior run lb / rifle or something like that – that is what I saw today and that is why I quit commanding – sorry 10 mt not enough to hold up a bomb of 50 papers, also 1 fight for 30 mins is no fun at all Yes warriors are usefull but not with current new meta builds, they are just like heavy rangers now Hammer stun could hit, but u had to be skilled and take ur time with it, now u can just spam it( during guild fights) to remove stabil.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev