What Would get You to Tranfer to a Server Lower Down the Ladder?

in WvW

Posted by: fingis.2867

fingis.2867

Karma, a vanity pet? Gems? With a stipulation that you couldn’t transfer off that server for a year or something like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Arasuki.6094

Arasuki.6094

if my guild goes. i’ll go.

[DU]Arasuki – Ranger
Down Under – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

I think being able to retain guild influence would eliminate the #1 problem most people have with moving.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: IKShadow.4582

IKShadow.4582

Step number one should be:
- disable free transfers to all high/medium servers
- announce that free transfers will be disabled from 01.October 2012
- announce that price for transfer will be 50 € ( and only possible on low/medium servers)

The whole guilds would quickly start to think about if its really worth staying in few hours ques and decide to transfer fast.

FUtilez.com Mature Gaming Guild part of Seafarer’s Rest Community Site

in WvW

Posted by: Massacrul.2016

Massacrul.2016

I think being able to retain guild influence would eliminate the #1 problem most people have with moving.

This 1. If guild would not lose all their upgrades and influences after transfering im pretty sure that transfers from high populated server to those with low/medium population would happen more often.

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Guild Influence is the only reason our guild is still on Stormbluff.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in WvW

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

QFT

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

in WvW

Posted by: Narcosis.3812

Narcosis.3812

I’m with the majority, guild influence.

Duplicitous, Free Kitty Riot, Robalai Bleeds, Narcotic Reign [TWL] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Narcosis.3812)

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

A large enough guild to make a difference. As a mostly solo player, I found my one attempt to transfer lower down the ladder (running from queue times) pretty pointless.

It’s WvW guilds that need to move, not individuals.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

already did.

not fun losing all that guild influence, but was more than worth it so my guild could play together as a guild.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Derek.9254

Derek.9254

yeah my guild have over 100k infulence im sure people would move if keeping influence was the case

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

I know it sucks to lose all that influence. But you should be able to start over and slowly get enough influence.
Btw if you’re planning to PvE, you’re gonna have a hard time unless more transfer.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

alanis.6094

I know it sucks to lose all that influence. But you should be able to start over and slowly get enough influence.
Btw if you’re planning to PvE, you’re gonna have a hard time unless more transfer.

You can always guest yourself on another server for PvE if you prefer.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in WvW

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

You can always guest yourself on another server for PvE if you prefer.

Guesting is not ingame yet.

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in WvW

alanis.6094

No kidding? Fair enough!

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

Nobody should ever be given some kind of reward for transfer servers. You should transfer servers for the right reasons, namely to get a better queue time so you can see more WvW action. That IS the incentive to transfer.

Now I admit A.Net is shooting themselves in the foot with the Guild Influence thing. They need to get that fixed pronto, I am sure many guilds would transfer to get better queues if it was not for that.

Imo A.Net needs to make it priority #1 to get server guesting in game and the guild influence fixed pronto, like wtf a month into the game and this is not yet fixed?

Once the above is fixed they then turn off free transfers to High/Full servers and offer up free transfers to low/medium servers.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Have you guys read this ?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-on-guild-related-topics
Look at the last few sentences.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Sky.9347

Have you guys read this ?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Update-on-guild-related-topics
Look at the last few sentences.

Awesome-sauce.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Is there any information available on population at different hours of the day? Given the nature of WvW I really think population balancing needs to be considered by different times of the day. It would be nice if the servers were listed for population in three hour blocks, highlighting those that are too high now, to low, or just right.

This would be a good tool, allowing folks to make smart transfers.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Sky.9347

Is there any information available on population at different hours of the day? Given the nature of WvW I really think population balancing needs to be considered by different times of the day. It would be nice if the servers were listed for population in three hour blocks, highlighting those that are too high now, to low, or just right.

This would be a good tool, allowing folks to make smart transfers.

There are graphs posted from ANet regarding the number of people in W3 queue during a 4 day period.

Not sure if that would suit your purposes, but it is here on the forums somewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

Make the underdog viable

They have to hurry though, the opposite effect is happening.

in WvW

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

Niim.9260 is correct. Blind transfers scare people. Low pop does not mean low queue times. Whether to transfer is really only a question for the WvW crowd, so this topic is in the right forum. We can presume factors involving risk associated with WvW activity is why people are avoiding transfer to certain servers. Information about population rates are various hours of the day, queue lengths, server rating – all these things matter. Moreso for bigger guilds.

I think a lot of people are tensive about transfer also because of the current points and rating system. Incentive to transfer will be there when a better system is in place. One that does not punish struggling servers so much, like my proposition here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Make-matches-semi-weekly-instead-of-weekly/first#post272905.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashanae.9362

Ashanae.9362

For guesting on another server first you need to have friend on it to team up with him.

in WvW

Posted by: Gavello.2813

Gavello.2813

Just to clarify how the influence system works.

The reason it is limited to a server is because guilds are account bound you can have people on different servers and each server has its own influence counter. You never lose your influence when you transfer server, it just stays on that particular server.

So you can transfer and if it doesnt work out you cans imply return toy our old server and your influence would already be there.

PS. Our guild has fulled maxed out upgrades on our old server yet we haven’t been over there for a while now, though we’ve already recovered all the upgrades on our new server. The sooner you transfer, the less of a problem it becomes since you can then start earning influence on the new server sooner.

Also is there a reason for politics level 5? Doesn’t seem like it does anything, might buy it at one point when we have a tonne of influence left over at some point after finishing our last architecture upgrade.

~Ruin~Officer~

in WvW

Sky.9347

Just to clarify how the influence system works.

The reason it is limited to a server is because guilds are account bound you can have people on different servers and each server has its own influence counter. You never lose your influence when you transfer server, it just stays on that particular server.

So you can transfer and if it doesnt work out you cans imply return toy our old server and your influence would already be there.

PS. Our guild has fulled maxed out upgrades on our old server yet we haven’t been over there for a while now, though we’ve already recovered all the upgrades on our new server. The sooner you transfer, the less of a problem it becomes since you can then start earning influence on the new server sooner.

Also is there a reason for politics level 5? Doesn’t seem like it does anything, might buy it at one point when we have a tonne of influence left over at some point after finishing our last architecture upgrade.

I did not know that, thank you for educating me.