What happened to SoR

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If SoR is just doing this to get out of T1 faster, all power to you since the low morale caused by staying in T1 is really not healthy for your server anymore. However I would suggest you guys shed a bit more guilds (especially your OCX/SEA guilds), otherwise you would be back in T1 in no time….

SoR still has ocx guilds? Oh wait thats right we don’t have any left.

Hire, GC

Most of HIRE has merged into GC and most of GC is leaving for ESO.

Err, GC is not leaving for ESO. For that to happen the pvp in ESO would have to be good enough to warrent a monthly subscription, and even then convincing a majority of players to move is another story.

Got any other BS you want to try?

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Simple. SoR never had many people. The reason why the server survived in T1 is because of it’s few dedicated hardcore WvW guilds. Unlike Stackgate and Jade Quarry, when things such as ESO and EotM come out, SoR does not have the “backup” numbers to field in WvW. The server doesn’t rely on massive amount of pugs or numbers to win. Now most, if not all of the guilds are playing EotM. There’s no worrying about PPT or running through 50 ACs or any bullkitten. Just fights.

And there is no “farming pugs” in EotM. Obviously there are alot of pugs, but you can find some of the best guilds there who have a fights > PPT mentality. I see EP all the time. Personally they’re my favorite guild to fight.

Most of SoR’s original guilds are still here. XPK made a minimal difference. They’ve only been back for a few weeks before they left, anyways. SoX didn’t even have a significant WvW force since the last few weeks before it left also. Obviously IRON is gone and FEAR left but if they had stayed it wouldn’t have made a difference. People on the server want to EotM, not smash their heads against 70 ppt hungry Blackgate hiding in a T3 keep with 10 Arrow Carts

If the server collapses, so be it. It’ll die with dignity. There won’t be any massive bandwagon. I’d rather drop tiers than have to buy guilds to win. I suspect the same thing will happen to JQ eventually. The balance rift Blackgate caused by buying guilds and recruiting as much as possible has all but ruined T1 balance and destroyed much of the lower tier servers.

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Wow, you completely fail to pick up on sarcasm huh? That was my point. Your point was we were ticking at 600 during oceanic a day after EoTM was released. Do you see the connection yet? JQ obviously was not WvWing that day.

You don’t have a point, your QQing about a server that has more coverage than you during your timezone and accusing JQ being overstacked completely because you lost one week and we’re ticking unbelievable numbers during a timezone like it doesn’t happen to anyone else.. (wow…that’s NEVER happened before in T1…)
I don’t know if your new, or just can’t get around the fact that every server has a bad timezone for coverage.

EU timezone? Oh nooo, BG is ticking 5 ppt higher than you during EU prime (as of the tkme of this post)

Omg 5 ppt higher because due to an entire server doing EotM only. It totally has nothing to do with the fact that now an entire server’s worth of keeps towers and camps are just there for the taking. Not at all, nope.

Please name me one EU guild JQ has that fields the same as HB? I’m waiting…

that totally compares to us ticking 150 while JQ ticks 400+ during oceanic and sea.[/

Anyone who has ever watched millennium during SEA hours knows for a fact BG runs a massive map hopping blob that goes after one or two BLs at a time. If you’re so bent over backwards about it, tell Tarkus to split his zerg up, but that will never happen, because BG only map blobs. Here’s a better idea, don’t take numbers out of EB and pour them into the BLs leaving EB open for the taking.

JQ exploited the fact that that’s how Tarkus leads, that’s why JQ was able to steamroll EB and take some objectives on the BLs the same time BG would steamroll a single BL.

Splitting up zergs to take multiple objectives at once > map hop blob

It’s like you’ve never played in T1 before, as much as BG wants it, there’s no such thing as 24/7 coverages. Every server will have a weak point, your like a spoiled child that’s not happy with what he’s got and wants to point it out in every other forum thread. T2 servers don’t have any coverage that comes close to matching BG’s or JQ’s, if anyone deserves the coverage, it’s them.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

(edited by Mr Ko Killer.7206)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Wow, you completely fail to pick up on sarcasm huh? That was my point. Your point was we were ticking at 600 during oceanic a day after EoTM was released. Do you see the connection yet? JQ obviously was not WvWing that day.

You don’t have a point, your QQing about a server that has more coverage than you during your timezone and accusing JQ being overstacked completely because you lost one week and we’re ticking unbelievable numbers during a timezone like it doesn’t happen to anyone else.. (wow…that’s NEVER happened before in T1…)
I don’t know if your new, or just can’t get around the fact that every server has a bad timezone for coverage.

EU timezone? Oh nooo, BG is ticking 5 ppt higher than you during EU prime (as of the tkme of this post)

Omg 5 ppt higher because due to an entire server doing EotM only. It totally has nothing to do with the fact that now an entire server’s worth of keeps towers and camps are just there for the taking. Not at all, nope.

that totally compares to us ticking 150 while JQ ticks 400+ during oceanic and sea.[/

Anyone who has ever watched millennium during SEA hours knows for a fact BG runs a massive map hopping blob that goes after one or two BLs at a time. If you’re so bent over backwards about it, tell Tarkus to split his zerg up, but that will never happen, because BG only map blobs. Here’s a better idea, don’t take numbers out of EB and pour them into the BLs leaving EB open for the taking.

JQ exploited the fact that that’s how Tarkus leads, that’s why JQ was able to steamroll EB and take some objectives on the BLs the same time BG would steamroll a single BL.

It’s like you’ve never played in T1 before, as much as BG wants it, there’s no such thing as 24/7 coverages. Every server will have a weak point, your like a spoiled child that’s not happy with what he’s got and wants to point it out in every other forum thread. T2 servers don’t have any coverage that comes close to matching BG’s or JQ’s, if anyone deserves the coverage, it’s them.

We’ll said!
Bg and jq don’t make T1 fun at all it seems…idk why they wanna be so stacked

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

The “sour grapes” responses from some of the SoR people are predictable, yet still disappointing. I remember fighting against you guys when the league was on, and you had better coverage than we did at TC and usually came out ahead of us, but we still tried every time. I remember one week we got second place and everyone was happy about that.

Now suddenly it’s “we can’t win so we are running off to EotM”. I mean, it’s a game, do what makes you happy, but it still comes across as quitting. And it’s really not what I expected.

Ever since I started GW2 I’ve felt that the constant transferring around of people and guilds made WvW into something of a joke, and this is all part of it. I chose TC when I joined knowing that it wasn’t the most populous server, and that we’d lose a lot of matches. It’s possible that once SoR is finished shamefully throwing their matches so they can “on purpose” go to T2 that TC will end up in T1. And win or lose I will do what I can to fight the good fight, without making excuses or trying to find someone willing to give me gold to abandon my friends.

If you guys end up in T2, I’ll be rooting for our current nemeses, SoS and FA. At least they make an effort most of the time.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

We’ll said!

awwwww the PPTears are sooooooo tasty. lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

zoombi.1498

If SoR is just doing this to get out of T1 faster, all power to you since the low morale caused by staying in T1 is really not healthy for your server anymore. However I would suggest you guys shed a bit more guilds (especially your OCX/SEA guilds), otherwise you would be back in T1 in no time….

Hire, GC

Ah, so they will be back in GW2 in no time then, given horrible ESO seems to be:)

Shrug.

It’s better than this.

dude! now’s theres eOTM to enojoy in case teso turns to kitten, at least until wildstaR.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: LegitMudkip.2173

LegitMudkip.2173

Commander Abisinka :: Bag Force [SF] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Hire, GC

HIRE has 4 raids, NA east, NA pacific, Late NA/OCX, and SEA… and we are still on SOR.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

We’ll said!

awwwww the PPTears are sooooooo tasty. lol

Aw the stacker thinks he is best is soooop funny. Lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Gerby.6219

Gerby.6219

They’d rather fight pugs in EoTM instead of fighting the actual JQ/BG guilds. But hey being farmed 24/7 by BG/JQ for months on end got demoralizing to SoR. So I can’t really blame all the guilds who have left or died on SoR.

It’s funny you say something like this. I count 3 ultimate dominator titles in SoR, how many does BG have? Then again we’ve been farmed 24/7 for months, maybe that title is just so common on BG so no one uses it. shrugs

Hm

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

The “sour grapes” responses from some of the SoR people are predictable, yet still disappointing. I remember fighting against you guys when the league was on, and you had better coverage than we did at TC and usually came out ahead of us, but we still tried every time. I remember one week we got second place and everyone was happy about that.

Now suddenly it’s “we can’t win so we are running off to EotM”. I mean, it’s a game, do what makes you happy, but it still comes across as quitting. And it’s really not what I expected.

Ever since I started GW2 I’ve felt that the constant transferring around of people and guilds made WvW into something of a joke, and this is all part of it. I chose TC when I joined knowing that it wasn’t the most populous server, and that we’d lose a lot of matches. It’s possible that once SoR is finished shamefully throwing their matches so they can “on purpose” go to T2 that TC will end up in T1. And win or lose I will do what I can to fight the good fight, without making excuses or trying to find someone willing to give me gold to abandon my friends.

If you guys end up in T2, I’ll be rooting for our current nemeses, SoS and FA. At least they make an effort most of the time.

We don’t like pv door and luring bg from their keeps. What’s wrong with preferring EotM? honestly, we don’t really care what you or others think about our server, lol.

OP’d thief, lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

We don’t like pv door and luring bg from their keeps. What’s wrong with preferring EotM? honestly, we don’t really care what you or others think about our server, lol.

Sorry playing tactically and against comparable opponents was “too hard” and “not fun” for you guys. Have fun beating up zerker pve pugs.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

To answer the question – nothing happened to SoR. There is no “morale” crisis, no defined instruction to “tank” and we certainly aren’t missing BG or JQ recently while we enjoy ourselves in EoTM.

Some on here from BG/JQ seem to think that EoTM is just full of “pugs” (which incidentally is not a term used on SoR). If there really is nothing but pugs I wonder what it makes those we fought on JQ/BG for months because there is better players in EoTM than on those two servers. Oh and they fight us too, they aren’t all equipped with travellers runes and a burning need to only have three skills on their bar while manning a superior AC.

The apparent arrogance of some servers might go some way to explaining why SoR is having a blast in EoTM right now. They seem to think that because of greater coverage they have better players. I laugh at them. I struggle to think of more than one guild on BG/JQ that would be worth a quarter of the guilds on SoR that actually turn out to play for fights. It is just too hard to pick out any guild tags in the map-wide blobs recently.

I guess that is what happens when you lose sight of what PvP is all about and consider PPT a result of “skill”.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: saguthegreat.9815

saguthegreat.9815

wow sor getting beat up hahaha, kitten a lot of stuff changed since me and my guild mates quit 4 months right after the released cause no one can beat the sor in wvw before and we got bored xD, we’re from sor by the way (WF). we never heard about this two server before (bg/jq) good for you guys xD.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Sorry playing tactically and against comparable opponents was “too hard” and “not fun” for you guys. Have fun beating up zerker pve pugs.

I love your awesome back-handed insult that people who play EOTM are bads. I’m sure several <=T2 guilds who also enjoy EOTM would fully support that stance, right guys?

Don’t forget, SoR did win T1 matches, so clearly it wasn’t that hard. It just so happened that at the time, we had better coverage. Now you have better coverage, so you win. It’s that simple. For anyone to believe otherwise says more about them and their ignorance than it does about current affairs on SoR.
We currently feel that EOTM best caters to what we want to achieve in WvW play. If that doesn’t meet your expectations or definition of WvW, deal with it. We don’t play to make BG or JQ happy. And if a T2 server gets moved up due to our PPT decline, that’s not really our problem either. Should we be forced to play against BG and JQ repeatedly just because you don’t want to?
I feel for the Rallians who still want to win the PPT game. I’m sorry our guilds aren’t doing what you would like. But based on that same logic, you cannot fault us pursuing the gameplay experience we seek. The best I can do is recommend you start your own organized PPT guild, and/or take it up with key SoR WvW commanders.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

call it whatever you want. if you want to come “pwn” us with your mad skillz you know where to find us. i haven’t seen any bg guilds in eotm. wonder why?

OP’d thief, lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

call it whatever you want. if you want to come “pwn” us with your mad skillz you know where to find us. i haven’t seen any bg guilds in eotm. wonder why?

Just an outsider looking in, but I’m going to guess it’s because their server hasn’t given up and retreated to pugland.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

zoombi.1498

Just an outsider looking in, but I’m going to guess it’s because their server hasn’t given up and retreated to pugland.

alas but no, it just means that they know they can’t “win” wo buying guilds for coverage.

:(

before eotm, even with their pop advantage they were nothing but free bags anyways so whastever/ lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello,

I have to agree with Letoll on this.

BG leadership direction was clearly headed that way since league. Winning at all costs. I hope the true warrior leaders in BG can change things for the better. Gw2 is not war, gw2 is a game.

FW

There being noone to fight is the logical conclusion of stacking.
But fights aren’t important are they? Winning is

[SoX] – JQ

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Hello,

BG leadership direction was clearly headed that way since league. Winning at all costs. I hope the true warrior leaders in BG can change things for the better. Gw2 is not war, gw2 is a game.

FW

Says one of the players who stack to JQ from SoR instead of stacking to a tier 2 or lower server.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

what makes you think we care? we don’t enjoy waiting for bg to come out of their precious towers to fight so we play eotm. secondly, if you think eotm is all pugs, why dont you big boys come on out and show us all how it’s done?

OP’d thief, lol

(edited by Sanduskel.1850)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

ykyk.2740

Hello,

FW

IIRC you were KN (when they were wagoned) into SoR and now into JQ to stack their strongest timeslot, so don’t embarrass yourself lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

We don’t like pv door and luring bg from their keeps.

I seem to recall you guys liking “PvDoor” well enough when you were beating us.

Do whatever makes you happy, but the motivations are pretty transparent.

And regardless of the reasons, the bottom line remains that it’s healthier for the game as a whole to have three tier 1 servers that are at least somewhat reasonably matched, rather than two that are close and one that’s thrown in the towel. I’m confident that TC will at least put forth the good fight, even if we don’t have a shot of beating the big two. But Arenanet really needs to take a broad look at this whole issue of server balance and guilds being paid to transfer around and so forth. In the long run, it’s simply not good for anyone.

Oh, and I have a funny feeling you guys will magically regain your affection for “PvDoor” as soon as you are facing opponents you think you can beat.

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

ykyk.2740

what makes you think we care? we don’t enjoy waiting for bg to come out of their precious towers to fight so we play eotm. secondly, if you think eotm is all pugs, why dont you big boys come on out and show us all how it’s done?

Woah, as I said, just an outsider looking in. You in particular are not exactly helping this “we don’t care” image your server is trying to portray here.

And of course to answer you from the same outsider perspective, I would once again have to say that it’s because the big boys haven’t given up and retreated into pugland.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello

Unfortunately, you are mistaken. I am not sure where you got your data from, could you kindly state your source?

I followed my commander Jang/WM to KN in December 2012 before it went up the ranks. Then I left for SOR in Feb. If you had checked MOS, Sor was never no1 at that time, in fact SOR SEA was the weakest of the 3 servers. SOR has more losses then wins in the entire career of the server.

A large portion of KN soon followed WM to BG in March 2013, not SOR. WvW guild went to TC, then JQ. PH guild came much later in the later part of the year to SOR.

FW

Hello,

FW

IIRC you were KN (when they were wagoned) into SoR and now into JQ to stack their strongest timeslot, so don’t embarrass yourself lol

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

And regardless of the reasons, the bottom line remains that it’s healthier for the game as a whole to have three tier 1 servers that are at least somewhat reasonably matched, rather than two that are close and one that’s thrown in the towel. I’m confident that TC will at least put forth the good fight, even if we don’t have a shot of beating the big two. But Arenanet really needs to take a broad look at this whole issue of server balance and guilds being paid to transfer around and so forth. In the long run, it’s simply not good for anyone.

Oh, and I have a funny feeling you guys will magically regain your affection for “PvDoor” as soon as you are facing opponents you think you can beat.

ahh revisionist history. love it. What does “healthier for the game as a whole” mean? That we should play the game in a way we hate to satisfy your sense of moral superiority? i dont think so, lol

OP’d thief, lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Hmmm fighting for points that will never mean anything once your servers off hours play begins so you will never catch up and never have a chance to even close the gap finally wore people out. Now they either moved or play for the fights. Is it really unreasonable for people to play in such a way that they have fun?

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Everyone I saw who planned on leaving for ESO returned within hours and uninstalled the beta. Doesn’t sound promising.

Once you get past the starter areas and into the PvP zone it is leaps and bounds better than this. The map is HUGE. There is varied terrain with mile gates and bridges. Best of all there are no arrow carts.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Because we didn’t rage quit from WvW over “playing for ppt”.
Good luck taxi’ing in your guilds onto one map and “playing for the fights” though. I’m sure the unorganized pugs in pve gear will give the easy good fights you desire.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Because we didn’t rage quit from WvW, QQ’ing about “playing for ppt”.
Good luck taxi’ing in your guilds onto one map and “playing for the fights” though. I’m sure the unorganized pugs in pve gear will give you all the easy good fights you desire.

Enjoy running around in full map blobs pressing 1 to victory. You can actually ignore dodge/heal mechanics and still never come close to dying. Now that’s some skills.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

I don’t understand how people think that sitting around inside a tower is fun, lol. Funny that BG is too afraid to come fight us in Eotm.

OP’d thief, lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Enjoy running around in full map blobs pressing 1 to victory. You can actually ignore dodge/heal mechanics and still never come close to dying. Now that’s some skills.

Got to love the completely meaningful “victory” of getting the most points that don’t do anything by holding some random points for hours and spamming 1 in huge laggy blobs. It sounds like so much fun, too!

No offense meant to people who do enjoy playing for PPT, it’s just that you gain nothing from winning.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Fermi.2409)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: bestplayerEva.9301

bestplayerEva.9301

What did SoR get. You got destroyed. Going down in the books as butchered. Twist it or excuse it. Just admit failure/defeat and let that be it.

[quote=3610761;Adula.3698:]

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: bestplayerEva.9301

bestplayerEva.9301

You didn’t do that very well either.

>>We decided to simply play to kill our enemies

I feel horrible about the players that are left on SoR just wondering what the hell happened. Wish BG would stop buying so many guilds and even lose some to SoR. Maybe we could have some fun, even matchups again ’cause this sh*ts getting old.

No offense, but you really need to learn to gather facts before you make statements. If you are on SoR, you need to go talk to your guilds on your server/join TS to learn about what’s happening to your server. Apparently all your “for fights” guilds decide they get more fun stomping pugs in EoTM than fighting wvw for their server. So they are essentially stop playing WvW for now. This has nothing to do with BG or JQ (BG hasn’t got any guilds since season 1 and JQ got couple guilds from SoR), but rather your server’s unhealthy “fights only, laugh at others who care about objectives” culture.

Is it unhealthy because you and a handful of other forum warriors from BG say it’s unhealthy? I’m curious about the research that has gone into this perspective.

I think it is unhealthy because what you are doing is hurting your community in the long run. It maybe o.k. for those of your guilds that only care about fights, but by deriding others that want to play differently, you’re are completely neglecting your server mates that may want to experience proper WvW/or simply just new to WvW.

What a lot of you are doing is all about you rather than community pride, which is really against the spirit of the RvR game mode. Heck you even begin to see posts like this popping up from your own server mates that are left in the dark.

thank you so much for your concern. In short, we on sor stopped caring about PPT 5+ months ago when we refused to bid on other guilds and saw said guilds go over to other stacked servers. We decided to simply play to kill our enemies. I understand that it’s not fun for you to take empty towers and keeps, but we aren’t playing to entertain you. PPT isn’t important to us in the least, and lecturing us about what’s against the “spirit of rvr” (lol) isn’t going to make us enjoy pvdoor any more. taa taa!

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

Lol. we reject your definition of winning. enjoy spending hours in towers!

OP’d thief, lol

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Sabastian.7126

Sabastian.7126

Stop trying to butt in. No one cares about TC here. Go back to Divinity’s Reach and roleplay

Sanctum of Rall
born Sept 20 – died Nov 11. reborn August 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfbwJLw04I

What happened to SoR

in WvW

ykyk.2740

Stop trying to butt in. No one cares about TC here. Go back to Divinity’s Reach and roleplay

You say that like there’s something wrong with RPing, on the RP map, on the RP server.

On the other hand, giving up on the WvW maps and playing your WvW in pugland…

;)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Sabastian.7126

I love destroying zerker uplevels

;)

Sanctum of Rall

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Xterra.6172

Xterra.6172

Hire, GC

Ah, so they will be back in GW2 in no time then, given horrible ESO seems to be:)

Shrug.

It’s better than this.

Elder Scrolls combat in an MMO? Lol.

Shrug.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Xterra.6172

Xterra.6172

Because we didn’t rage quit from WvW over “playing for ppt”.
Good luck taxi’ing in your guilds onto one map and “playing for the fights” though. I’m sure the unorganized pugs in pve gear will give the easy good fights you desire.

The pve’ers are a mere speed bump on our way to where the wvw guilds are on the map. Sometimes we have to switch instances to find the wvw guilds. You should come try it out and see for yourself.

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

Got to love the completely meaningful “victory” of getting the most points that don’t do anything by holding some random points for hours and spamming 1 in huge laggy blobs. It sounds like so much fun, too!

And yet, in 2-3 weeks when you guys are fighting easier servers, this will magically become fun again. Amazing how that works. :P

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

So the rumors are true you did run away to EOTM.

I remember when SoR was a threat. OH well i would rather fight TC any way.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Reading this sad thread makes me very happy that I am playing EU. It seems here in EU tactics, strategy and open field combat plays a much bigger role. I know very well how it feels to be seriously outnumbered: have just 2-3 guys on the map when enemy runs in a blob. And I have been spawn camped and been spawn camping enemies.

But taking objectives shouldn’t be impossible even if you have few people on the map:

Timing is everything
- use map chat / scouts to know enemy movements
- orange swords, towers etc. flipping etc. usually tell where the enemy zergs are moving
- when the enemy is busy somewhere else then it is time and a good commander can anticipate this

It feels twice as a good to capture a fully upgraded enemy keep or tower in prime time using just few people (4 man team can do it quick, assuming all carry full supplies and are traited).

Any case here in Desolation we have had now very good moments in WvWvW. Tons of loot bags. The reset evening was amazing and thanks for INVI for the leading.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Sabastian.7126

And yet, in 2-3 weeks when you guys are fighting easier servers, this will magically become fun again. Amazing how that works. :P

Whats your problem with SoR? Stay salty

Sanctum of Rall

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

I don’t have a problem with SoR (well, other than natural rivalry).

I just wish you guys would keep fighting rather than giving up and then pretending that you didn’t care about winning in the first place. shrug

Server pride and camraderie is what makes WvW work. Not just killing random people for bags.. I can get better rewards in PvE. At least IMO.

Again, I know it can be disheartening to lose every week and I wish they’d mix the matches up a bit more and do something about all the stacking. But even so, come on guys, at least make a game of it!

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Sabastian.7126

Maybe we need another Indo speech to rally the server

Sanctum of Rall

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

I have (had) been on SoR since the BWEs, I left SoR Wednesday and all I can say is all of the SoR in this thread are just in denial. SoR is dead, moving down tiers and getting destroyed there will put the final nails in it’s coffin.

NA was always SoR’s strength and pride and now it can’t even field 2 guilds. What is left now? TW? Choo? Who is leading? Indo? Green Arrow? Elds?

The leadership led the server astray and then when kitten got tough the leadership quit. You can see what happens when a server truly just plays “for the fights”, if kittening dies.

Fighting unorganized casuals from low tiers with your organized zergs is hardly a victory for SoR. I see the remnants of TW and Choo together pretty much every night in EotM. Do you think you are getting better? Fighting people that are not using TS and commanding pugs from different low level servers by chat?

You are all delusional and the party is over.

Wrekks/Wrekts

What happened to SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

This is an interesting thread. Yeah, im from TC and though ive been in many servers, this thread is an example of a split in mentality.

PPT vs Direct-Kills. There are TC guilds and commanders who like both. I actually like playing for PPT, but will go for straight up kills if it means liberating a map.

The new map is a fresh map which only serves as overflow and since it has no actual WvW point distribution and the matches are a lot smaller, its easier to have a more objective based global experience across server clusters.

Sadly, this also seperates the mentality too….

With an unlimited number if overflow maps to spawn the EoTM map, and the players who wish to play in TDM (Team Deathmatch) fashion like in early shooters, the populations of both mentality are split into the following:

PPT based WvW across four maps in week-long fights…

or

Kill-based fights which do not count for server WvW score, across one map having a more complete experience as its harder to have a shortage of players.

Please note the EoTM is also good for servers who do not have the population to maintain a wvw map, or even four of them.

Now those with common goals can play in their arena and since there is now an overflow map, the map benefits the lowest and highest population servers but not the populations in between.

Of course now WvW is disfunctional and now forces mercy in a mercyless gametype.

….win too much and all your enemy withdraws into EoTM.
….win too little and get crushed by everyone around you.

In essense I cam understand SoR. Notice im not attacking BG or JQ or even making references to guild buying/selling. Its not even the point….

point is now that those who feel different about WvW can get the experience that they want, it means mor are showing their true colors, and the common ground is:

This is just one of many threads that legitimize the end and doom of WvW as a whole gametype. It was a nice run, now servers will be doing all possible to not take the #3 slot. More and more will go to overflow, populations will be split and basically out of 51 servers (na and eu combined) there will be only around 8 – 10 servers….less than 20% which can function as WvW intended…

I am mot surprised at SoR….or and server who wishes to take a stand. I am sure that maguma and FA who like playing for kills are also following the trend.